Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anita Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anita AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am having mild pain in my lower abdomen since the last ten days and also had slight breast tenderness few days back which has now disappeared. Also feeling tired and my legs get numb at times. I have been trying to conceive, so please can you help me understand if these could be signs of pregnancy or something else that should be worried about. My period date is 5th July with a cycle of 30 days. Thanks a lot and anticipating a response soon.
My age is 23 yrs.Periods are not coming with out medicine .In my 16th i having surgean by the reason of ultra found in my outside of the uterus ,my uterus still in small in size 3.5*4.1cm. Please suggest me how get periods reggularly and how to improve my uterus size
I had sex with my wife on 4th june and on 5th june we took the unwanted 72. Firstly she did get any withdrawal bleeding and her due date was around 20 june Its 8th july she still haven't got her periods started. 1) is there any chances of her being pregnant? 2) when should we expect cycle to start? 3) what should be our next step? 4) is it normal to see this much delay in the cycle to start which is around 18 days from the normal cycle date?
I am 33 years married female my weight is 70kg not able to conceive Dr. has suggested me to lose weight please guide me the feasible way to lose weight
I visited a doctor yesterday for low hb .He prescribed me a tab called folvite , the very same same day I google the tab and saw that this med is generally given to pregnant women. What to do?
Pets can be amazing companions and help you cope with your life problems. There can be times when you might feel low and lack motivation to do anything; a pet can change that scenario and bring about a positive change in your life. They keep you engaged and help you take your mind off from various problems in your professional and personal life.
Here are few reasons why having a pet can significantly improve your mental health:
- Petting lowers stress levels: Petting your furry friends is a major stress buster. It has been observed that petting a dog or a cat releases the hormone called oxytocin, which is associated with lowered anxiety and stress levels. When you connect with your pet and engage yourself in grooming and petting, it naturally reduces your blood pressure and lowers the level of cortisol, thereby, producing a calming effect.
- Pets reduce loneliness and isolation: Pets can constantly keep you company, if you don't like being lonely. Dogs and cats can make friends easily and due to their intuitive nature, they can sense it when you are feeling low. They refuse to leave you alone and provide your mental support. Pets also help you socialize especially if you take them out for a walk. They help you interact with other pets and their owners.
- Pets are great listeners and they keep you engaged: Pets can distract you from your problems and stressful situations, which plague your mind. You and your furry mate can spend a wonderful time playing games or by simply clicking pictures together. Pets are also good listeners and hence you can vent out your feeling without the fear of being judged. They help you heal and get over certain things which would otherwise be a lot more difficult to overcome.
- They love you unconditionally and keep you happy: Seeing your pet welcoming you after a hard day at work can instantly lift your mood and make you smile. They love you no matter what mistakes you made and keep you energized, positive and motivated. Caring for your pet and reciprocating their love can make you less self centered and more motivated towards your goals.
Related Tip: "Effects of Alcohol on Mental Health"
I am on sevista 60 mg for last 3 months, for DUB. No bleeding, no spotting. But since yday, I have been having severe cramps and slight brownish discharge. Is this normal when on sevista?
Hello. My pregnancy 5 month is running but no any movement inside the body I have feel. So tell me how many day's are to feel my baby's movement? And also told me in which months the second tetanus injection is taken. Thank you.
11 amazing ways mint or pudina keeps you healthy:
1. Relieves indigestion:
Pudina is packed with antioxidants and phytonurients that can work wonders for your stomach. The menthol present in pudina helps the enzymes necessary for digestion. They relax the smooth muscles of the stomach, reducing the chances of indigestion and spasms. They can also act on these muscles to activate them and help work more efficiently to carry out digestion.
Pudina is also known to calm stomach cramps and help beat acidity and flatulence. According to ayurveda practitioners, it is also very beneficial for patients suffering from ibs (irritable bowel syndrome). In fact, mint extracts have been used to coat tablets meant to relieve symptoms of ibs. It helps muscles in the stomach relax and promotes overall digestion. Drink a cup of pudina tea after every meal by either boiling the leaves along with a few green tea leaves or on their own for maximum benefits.
2. Fights aches and pains:
A number of pain balms use mint extracts as the main ingredient in their products. That is because when mint extract is used on an area that is hurting, it immediately provides a cooling effect, causing the area to partially become numb. This helps in lessening the pain. Another method is to inhale the fumes of mint extract. This soothes the nerves and gives a calming feeling to the entire body. It indirectly soothes aches and pains as well as nausea associated with a headache.
3. Gives you glowing and acne free skin:
Mint has a unique property that soothes and calms itchy and infected skin. It has potent anti- inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which work wonders on acne prone skin, and is often used in a number of cleansers, toners and in some lip balms as well. The strong antioxidants present in mint leaves leaves the skin with a natural glow and rehydrate dull and dry skin. Mint has a high content of salicylic acid which helps prevent pimples, blemishes and even helps get rid of blackheads. The compounds present in mint helps in faster shedding of dull and dry skin which in turn helps avoid clogging of pores resulting in pimple free skin.
4. Helps fight oral infections:
Mint leaves are packed with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. That is why they are so great to for your oral health. It kills bacteria in the mouth preventing tooth decay, beats bad breath and keeps your tongue and teeth clean.
5. Helps relieve cough and cold:
Mint has a very strong smell that open up nasal passages and airways to allow relaxed breathing. It is also an expectorant and helps the expulsion of phlegm, when you're suffering from productive cough. Its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help relieve inflammation along the respiratory tract. If you are suffering from cough, add a drop of mint extract to warm water and inhale its fumes through the mouth and push out the steam through your nose. This way mint extract passes through your throat and nose relieving both the areas.
6. Prevents allergies and asthma:
Mint contains rosmarinic acid that acts as a powerful antioxidant. This compound blocks allergy-producing leukotrienes and thus may be helpful for those suffering from allergic rhinitis (hay fever).
7. Helps relieve menstrual cramps and pain:
Since mint leaves purify the blood and have an anti-spasmodic effect on the soothe muscles of our body, it is a great remedy to relieve the pain of menstrual cramps. It also relieves nausea associated with the condition. Just brew a hot cup of mint tea and sip it several times through the day. It will make you feel calmer and soother your uterus too. Read about the home remedies to relieve menstrual pain.
8. Beats morning sickness in pregnant women:
Due to the effects it has on one's stomach, it is a great remedy for expected mothers. It helps relieve the nausea related to morning sickness by activating the enzymes necessary for digestion. Eating a few leaves or smelling the crushed leaves of mint every morning is a great way for mothers-to-be to overcome this difficult period. A warning though, mothers should be careful not to have this after the baby is born as it is known to affect lactation. Read about 5 ways to deal with morning sickness during pregnancy.
9. Boosts immunity:
Mint leaves are packed with nutrients such as calcium, phosphorous, vitamin c, d, e and small amounts of vitamin b complex. All these compounds put together improves the body's immune system, keeping it safe from infections and inflammation. Read about 5 amazing tips to boost your immunity.
10 Beats stress and depression:
In aromatherapy mint extract is used to beat stress and rejuvenate the mind. Breathing in the fumes of mint helps relax the body and calm the mind, freeing it of stress. It releases a small amount of serotonin in the brain that also helps beat depression. If you are feeling low, add a little mint leaves or mint extract to your bath water, or use mint extract on a vaporizer to get some relief. Read more about stress. You may like to read 10 anti-stress quotes to help you calm down.
11. Helps fight cancer:
Mint has a potent phytochemical that can prevent various types of cancers. Called perillyl alcohol, the phytonutrient has shown the capability of preventing skin cancer, colon cancer and lung cancer in animal studies. Its benefits in this particular area are still under the scanner when it comes to humans. Read more about cancer.
Hello Doctor, I have consulted a doctor for the reason that I am not conceiving and she had done scans twice and she said that I have PCOD and if I want to get pregnant immediately then she said that she will give some injection and when I asked about the injection she said that it will be given after the periods and I have to go for scanning on the 2 nd day of my period and I will be given some medication fr 5 days and after that injection will be given. Can you suggest me as to how safe is that injection and the success rate as well.
Mere girl friend ka mc 15 se 20 tak tha or maine 24 ko uske sath sex kiya bina koi protection ka to kya wo pregnant ho sakti hai. Agar pregnent ho jayegi to iska koi upay bataye.
I having sex with partner. Rarely feeling pleasure otherwise not. Why this happened nd I have white discharge problem also. Nd having irregular periods problem also suggest me.
I'm a virgin and I think I'm pregnant. I just have those symptoms like back pain sore breast something strange happening in my uterus. I have a boyfriend but we never had sex. Today I had fever of 99.5 degree Celsius. My period is still due but I'm freaking out. Maybe something has accidentally happened. And as I dug more into it I get more anxious. I feel like my hold body has mild cramps especially my back .I also feel shortness of breath but I also have bronchitis. Also if I get diagnosed with pregnancy could I get abortion as I am an adult but unmarried. Would reputed clinics do it. And what is better medication or surgical abortion. And till when could I have medical abortion .Also are Medical abortions available in case of epictope pregnancy. And what are its symptoms. And till when is it safe to diagnose it. Also do abortions require over night stay. Are they kept confidential.
Hii Dr, I am 25 years old female, I listened one thing that we shouldn't take buttermilk and curd in menses time, is it true? If we take buttermilk and curd in menses time, what happened is it bad for health?
My wife period start from 19 to 24 every month and we have contact on 4,5 and 6 on July and august but not conceive. Please tell me which date I have to sex ?
I am 38 year old lady n have infertility problem. I have done ivf in 2015 but it's not succeed. Now I have irregular period n and comes only for one day. My husband lives abroad n comes after one year for 40 days. Kindly suggest me what I should do for solve my problem and can I take epileptic medicine during the treatment.
Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine that is holistic in nature. The focus of Ayurvedic treatments is on improving your overall well-being, in addition, to curing the symptoms of the disorder. When it comes to keeping your body healthy, Ayurveda is your best bet. Its holistic nature makes it very potent in improving your body’s immune system so that your body is fighting fit and free of diseases.
Here are some Ayurvedic tips to stay healthy:
- Eat healthily: The food you consume plays a vital role in your health. Different foods have different constituents which affect the body in different ways. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet as they contain necessary vitamins and minerals which are required for the body to function properly. Avoid eating junk food that contains hidden sugars and fats as they can wreak havoc on your body’s functioning.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise has numerous benefits for your body. From keeping your joints healthy to reducing risks of heart diseases, it does wonders for you. Take up a form of cardiovascular exercise such as swimming or running to keep your heart in good shape. Yoga is another form of exercise that is very good for your joints.
- Limit stress: Nothing is as bad for your overall health as stress. It causes chemical changes in the body which make you susceptible to various diseases, both psychological and physiological. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation as it calms and soothes the mind. Simple breathing techniques are also a good way to combat stress.
- Avoid alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol consumption can increase weight and make you susceptible to diseases such as liver and heart problems.
- Avoid smoking: Like alcohol, smoking is another habit that you need to quit, if you haven’t already. Smoking causes the blood vessels in the body to narrow, resulting in impaired blood circulation.
- Adopt healthier habits: Simple healthy habits such as drinking a cup of lemon juice with warm water in the morning go a long way in keeping you healthy. Lemon is a good source of Vitamin C; consuming it after you wake up provides a boost to your body’s energy levels. Another simple habit you may consider is drinking 2-3 liters of water every day to keep your body hydrated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!