Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amandeep Arora
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amandeep AroraYour feedback matters!
Hey, it has been diagnosed that I have fibroadenoma in my left breast. Doctors told that its happen in teen age sometimes but not dangerous at all. I just want to know if this can become cancerous or not.
Hello doctor I am 24 year old and want to ask something. I am trying to conceive and I need to ask some basic things. 1. After intercourse semen comes out of vagina is it normal? 2. After intercourse after how much time I can get up and go to washroom and do cleaning. Thanks.
Request you to mention the name of test that needs to be done to check whether I am sexually fit. And my wife has improper menstrual cycle from past 5 months. Any suggestions in bringing back to normal.
We had 3 miscarriages, after 6 years in one of the 3D ultrasound get to know that I have subseptate (dent of 6.3 mm towards cervix) and accurate uterus. My query: Is this 100% reason for all 3 miscarriages because all other blood (basic & advanced) reports are normal by god grace.
My wife is suffering from Harmon's disturbance for last two months. She is suffering from monthly period disturbance , her period coming twice in a month.Please help ?
My wife had 1 time miscarriage done on march now we dont want baby for 3-4 months. Kindly please suggest pills for the same.
Traditional open surgery requires an 8-10 cm incision to expose the surgical area of the abdomen, which needs to be operated. This large incision is a major post-operative side-effect which results in longer recovery period.
The alternative technique, laparoscopy also known as minimally invasive surgery or keyhole surgery, is a modern surgical procedure in which small incisions of about 0.5 - 1.5 cm are made far from the location of the operation. One or more such holes on the abdominal wall serve as passageways for a specialised instrument called a laparoscope. A long, thin tube headed by a high-resolution camera and a high-intensity guiding light is inserted through the incision. As the instrument moves along, the camera transmits images to a video monitor enabling your surgeon to see inside without opening up your body for surgery.
This process is used to diagnose unidentified abdominal or pelvic pain. Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) is usually performed when all non-invasive alternatives have been tried. Imaging techniques like ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are sometimes unable to provide enough data for diagnosis. Laparoscopic surgery is used for the removals of an inflamed appendix, gall bladder, hernias, and cancer-affected organs, fibroids from the uterus, the womb (hysterectomy) and also for performing weight loss surgeries.
Laparoscopy has a lot of advantages over the more common, open procedure. They are:
1. Less post-operative pain
2. Smaller scars
3. Reduced haemorrhaging and blood loss
4. Shorter recovery period
5. Less pain medications and analgesia requirements
6. Reduced exposure to internal organs
7. Faster return to normal activity
8. Reduced risk of infection
Laparoscopy is a proven safer choice with a fast-healing process side-stepping conventional surgery! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Weight is one issue that 90% of the people are not happy with. While some think they have a fat stomach or thighs, others want to reduce their biceps or arm size. Changing food habits and sedentary lifestyles have made weight loss a big challenge. Losing weight is not just about looking good, but also about living healthy.
The journey of weight loss is a tedious one and in a way never ending. Because it is not just about losing weight, but maintaining it. If you were overweight to begin with, then the changes that you are prone to bounce back to your previous weight are quite high. However, as much as it may sound tedious, it is not impossible. There are some things that people who have succeeded in losing weight do.
The below are just a few of the top things, there are definitely more:
- Discipline: Whether to say no to the extremely appealing cheese laden pizza or your favourite alcoholic drink, when you are on the way to weight loss, you need to say NO. A loud, affirmative, clear NO. Every single thing that you put into your system needs to be watched for. The same affirmative NO is required for the urge to sleep for that extra few minutes and delay your workout. You just have to be hard on yourself - discipline, self-control, strong will, or commitment - whatever you want to call it, this is the most important ingredient that weight loss winners would vouch for. Without this, no amount of coaxing by your trainer or dietician or doctor is going to work. The final onus and the single determining factor in your weight loss is you - you decide if you win or lose.
- Set realistic goals: Just because you idolize a sportsperson or a movie star does not mean you should set target to look like them. Each person's body composition is different, which will determine your looks and weight. Consult with experts who know the subject and set realistic goals. While some may be able to lose 10 kilos or pounds over 10 days, others might only to able to accomplish 3 to 4. Do not fret over this, realize that your body as unique and set goals based on how it will respond.
- Winners keep scores: As you embark on your weight loss journey, remember to keep scores. Set up milestones by weeks and months, and make sure you track and meet them. If you are falling short, step back and analyze and work at it. Once you have reached your target of the initial loss, keep scores in terms of what you can eat and exercise and track those too.
- Enjoy the grind: If you look at weight loss as something you are doing to please somebody, then you are going to find it more difficult. The most important ingredient is to realize that you are doing it for yourself and to enjoy the entire journey of weight loss. Feel good about your altered food habits and exercise and look at the mirror to appreciate the small changes that your body is going through. Feel good about every inch you lose, and you are sure to lose more.
What should I be done for my baby is become fair colour my wife has second trimester 20 week but we have normal colour.
Trying to get pregnant can go either ways for most couples that is it can be a breeze, or it can be a difficult process that ends up with lots of fertility clinic visits. While in some cases, the reasons for not being able to conceive may come down to male infertility, there are many cases where the reason may be female infertility too. In many other cases, both male and female infertility may be the cause.
Let us discuss female infertility in more details here.
When can it be called Infertility?
When a couple is not being able to conceive even after trying for a period of over a year, then a case can be made in favour of infertility. Infertility can result from females in at least one third of the cases, as per various medical studies. While the actual cause may be difficult to diagnose, there are many available treatments that one can use in order to fix the underlying issues.
When to Start Worrying?
Female infertility comes with many symptoms, while the main symptom may be the inability to conceive, the other symptoms include excessively long menstrual cycles that show signs of slowing down only after 35 days or so, or even cycles that are too short where they appear within 21 days. Irregular and absent periods can point at the lack of ovulation which is the main sign of infertility. Other than that, there are no outward signs of infertility as such apart from pelvic pain and cramping or heavy bleeding during periods. If you are 30 years of age, or younger, then you may want to see a doctor regarding irregular and absent periods, or the lack of conception even after trying for a year. Also, if you are between 35 and 40 years of age, you can discuss the inability to conceive with your doctor, after efforts for six months. If you have been trying to conceive and you are over 40 years of age, then the doctor will put you through tests on an immediate basis.
The Requirements for Conception?
In order to conceive, you will need to ovulate on a normal basis and have regular menstrual cycles as well as intercourse. Also, your fallopian tubes and uterus must be in normal working condition without any infections and other conditions.
There may be many causes for female infertility including ovarian faults like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), hypothalamic dysfunction, premature ovarian insufficiency and excessive prolactin in the ovaries. Also, pelvic inflammation disorders that lead to damage of the fallopian tubes and other uterus related issues like endometriosis can lead to female infertility.