Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have completed my marriage 4 years. I am trying to conceive but no results. I have done all tests nd laparoscopy too. Everything is normal. My husband test is also fine. So please let us know what should we do?
Hi. I am getting severe burning sensation while eating.(with cold and without cold). How to cure it other than doing betadine gargling?
Ultra sound is commonly known as sonography. It is a process of reproducing ultrasound images of soft tissues of a particular body part and other organs on the computer screen with the help of the echoes of the sound waves produced by the transducer, a high-frequency generating instrument.
Ultra sound is commonly used during the different stages of pregnancy to denote the foetal health, date of delivery, birth defects etc. However, in recent times, the ultra sound has also been associated with the diagnosis of other body parts such as the eyes, heart, gall bladder, liver, ovary, uterus, kidney, uterus, testicles, and ovaries. Ultra sound has also been useful in conducting biopsies for suspecting cancer patients, although not all of the cancers are detected by this imaging process. 3D & 4D ultrasound imaging are useful for looking at a particular body portion with much more precision and in slow motion respectively.
The advantages of ultra sound are:
1. The process of ultrasound imaging is a painless and a fast one. It does not require any insertion of needles or similar objects to denote the problems of the concerned body part.
2. The process is more convenient as compared to other similar imaging processes like MRI, mammogram and x-rays as they can capture images of the soft tissues, blood flow & cysts more clearly than the other processes.
3. The process is free of any harmful effects as there are no chances of exposure to radiation as compared to similar processes such as CT scans or X-rays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How safe is it to have artificial sweeteners during pregnancy?
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
Gave birth to 4 through caesarean section. 29 years old. I am diagnosed with hydronephrosis. But under control. Have cramps on my leg. I feel dizzy at times and sometimes vomit. Have severe headache. I always feel drowsy. Weight 37 kgs. Please help. Bp around 100/70 - 80/60.
Hi doctor, I'm 23 years old and I used to face my periods every month very painfully. I will get stomach and back ache during 5 days. Is my over weight be a cause? Help me out with your suggestions so that I can come out of pain Thanks in advance.
How treatment is carried out by Psychologist and Psychiatrist?
I'm having a previous placenta previa on my first delivery again i'm conceived with 12 weeks .sometimes I feel mood at that time can I masturbate myself by muscle contraction of orgasm .is it safe for my baby? Do I continue or I should forget this?
Not have interest in sex. Due to that my married life is somewhat unhappy. Rest matters are good and happy. How to increase sex feeling in a female. My husband is having too much interest in sex.
My wife has to suffer a lot pain while periods and she also loose her temper very quickly. Also my wife doesn't show any interest in sex. She do not allow me to kiss her lips and press her boobs. She always want same position of sex and don't ask or do anything new. Please suggest me how can I make her enjoy sex.
I am getting pregnant 1st tym I am nervous and I want to know that is my sad mood affect my baby growth I am 1.5 mnth pregnant tel me my current situation.
What is post pregnancy sex and how to maintain the diet when pregnancy and what are the best recommended foods in pregnancy?
I am 19 yr old female. I have irregular periods. And also I have continuous back pain. What should I do for this? What type of food can I take to improve my health.
I had 2 abortion last year 1st one was srgricl and second one was by pill. After tht its around 1 year nw but my periods are not coming openly. As it was before. It comes on time every month but not as it was before. Very less. Is ths may create any problem in my future pregnancy? please help me out with ths? Or tell me any solution plz.
Pain during labor is different for every woman. It ranges widely from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
It is caused by contractions of the muscles of the uterus and by pressure on the cervix. It's often not the pain of each contraction on its own that women find the hardest, but the fact that the contractions keep coming and that as labor progresses, there is less time between contractions to relax.
To help with pain during labor here are some things you can start doing before or during pregnancy:
- Educate yourself: Take a birth preparation course class. Ask questions to learn about the different stages of labor so you know what to expect. The better prepared you are the more choices you have during labor.
- Regular exercise: Learn several effective techniques to manage pain during childbirth such as position changes and different breathing methods. Prenatal yoga helps strengthening the entire body, increases flexibility, gives you stamina and relaxes your mind. Join Lamaze classes being conducted at your hospital to educate yourself about the ways you can decrease your perception of pain during childbirth through relaxation techniques, breathing exercises or massage. Exercise regularly, but do not over do and stress yourself.
- Find support: Ask your husband to actively participate along with you in the birth preparation classes. Take his support while you exercise. He too would feel involved.
- Stay well nourished: Pay importance to your diet. Include all the necessary nutrients in your diet and avoid foods which are not recommended during pregnancy. Get in touch with a professional nutritionist to get your ideal diet chart designed.
- Stay calm and positive: Negative thoughts make labor stressful and intensify the pain. Labor transforms you, but you need to harness your mental strengths and stay composed. People may push all kinds of suggestions on you during labor; listen but don't feel you have to go along with them. Choose what you feel comfortable with and find the best option for yourself.
Remember, your ability to endure the pain of has nothing to do with your worth as a mother. By preparing and educating yourself you can be ready to decide how to manage during labor and childbirth.
My 10 weeks pregnant. She have UTI. For that her gyn. doctor prescribed cefuroxime axetil 500 mg 2 times for a day. Is this safe for mother and baby?
I married for last 2 years. We have no child right now but expecting from last 1 year. My wife aged 24 years had conceived once in nov 2014 but unfortunately it was aborted after some spotting and from now onward my wife has facing some problem with her menstrual cycle, which has disturbed and not regular means once in two month. After consult with somr doctors they have informed that my wife having pcos problem. Please advice, how to overcome this problem.
Hi doctor, I have one question like last year I got married and still I do not have kid. And my wife doesn't like the sexual intercourse. Why because , she's getting pain while doing sex. And we need baby. What we have to do. And we are not prefer for IVF also. Any natural way to get pregnancy please tell me. It ll helpful for my life. Then, one more thing so that what I am doing for sex means, using of one tube am passing my sperms to vagina. It ll be workout r not. Please help me.
Eating high fibre, carbohydrate, heavy food every hour during the premenstrual week help prevent emotional outbursts.