Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for West End Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
दोस्तों जब हम कंडोम का नाम सुनते है, तो अमूमन ये सोच लेते हैं कि यह एक ऐसी वस्तु है, जो पुरुष इस्तेमाल करते हैं अपने लिंग पर पहन कर सीमेन को महिला साथी के योनि के अंदर जाने से रोकने के लिए। पर क्या आप जानते हैं कि कंडोम केवल पुरुषों के लिए ही नहीं बनाया गया है, बल्कि महिलाओं के लिए भी कंडोम मौजूद है। लेकिन भले ही स्त्रियों के लिए कंडोम होते उलब्ध है पर वह कम इस्तेमाल किये जाते है। आज हम आपको बताएंगे स्त्रियों के कंडोम यानी फीमेल कंडोम के बारे में जो STD या अनचाहा गर्भधारण रोकने में उतना ही कारगर है जितना कि पुरुषों का कंडोम।
फीमेल कंडोम को महिलाओं के शशक्तिकरण के रूप में देखा जाए तो गलत नहीं। और यह अंतराष्ट्रीय स्तर पर पिछले 20 सालों से पाया जा रहा है। फीमेल कंडोम महिलाओं को न केवल शक्ति देता है, अपने को सुरक्षित रखें सेक्स करते समय किसी भी प्रकार के अनावश्यक परेशानियों से बचने की, बल्कि यह महिलाओं को आज़ादी भी देता है उस स्थिति से की उनके पुरुष साथी कंडोम पहनेंगे तभी वे सुरक्षित सेक्स कर पाएंगी। केवल भारत में ही लिया जाए तो सालाना पुरुषों के 150 करोड़ कंडोम के मुकाबले केवलं 30 लाख फीमेल कंडोम बनाए जाता है।
इस तरह दोनों तरह के कंडोम के उत्पाद के बीच इतना बड़ा अंतर ही साबित करता है कि, हममें से कई लोग इस फीमेल कंडोम के बारे में या तो जानते ही नहीं और जो लोग जानते हैं वे इस्तेमाल नही करते। जिसके कई कारण हो सकते हैं जैसे कि पिछड़ी सोच होना, साथी को नापसंद होना, हर जगह पर उपलब्ध ना होना। फीमेल कंडोम का दाम भी इसके कम इस्तेमाल होने का की एक अहम वजह हो सकती है, क्योंकि जहाँ पुरुषों का कंडोम 25 रुपये में 3 आते हैं वहीं स्त्रियों का कंडोम 100 रुपये में 3 आते है। इसीलिए कुछ कंपनियां इसका मूल्य लगभग 50% घटाने के बारे में सोच रही हैं, ताकि फीमेल कंडोम का ज्यादा से ज्यादा इस्तेमाल किया जा सके। तो अब हम जानते हैं फीमेल कंडोम क्या है और इसके क्या क्या फायदे है।
क्या है फीमेल कंडोम
फीमेल कंडोम लम्बी और पतली लुब्रिकेटेड पॉलीयूरेथेन थैली होती है जिसे सम्भोग के समय लगाया जाता है। यह एक विरोधक के तौर पर काम करती है और महिलाओं के योनि को पूरी तरह से गहराई तक कवच प्रदान करती है। इसके दोनों तरफ गोलाकार रिंग होती है जिसका बंद वाला हिस्सा योनि के अंदर जाता है और दूसरा योनि के बाहर रहता है। यह नितरिले नामक पदार्थ से बनाई जाती है जो अपने पतलेपन की वजह से संभोग की खुशी पुरुषों के कंडोम की तुलना में ज्यादा प्रदान करती है। यह अनचाहा गर्भधारण को रोकने में मदद करती है और STD जैसे कि HIV को फैलने से रोकती है।
फीमेल कंडोम क्यों करे इस्तेमाल
- फीमेल कंडोम न सिर्फ उन महिलाओं के लिए फायदेमंद है, जो अपने साथी पुरुष का कंडोम पहनना पसंद नहीं करती बल्कि उन महिलाओं के लिए भी कारगर है, जिनकी योनि में सुखापन ज्यादा होता है या कहे कि लुब्रिकेशन कम होता है, जो सेक्स करते समय दर्द का एहसास करती है। यह अक्सर मेनोपॉज़ के दौरान या उसके बाद होता है, तो ऐसे में फीमेल कंडोम इस्तेमाल करना फायदेमंद हो सकता है।
- जो महिला बच्चे को जन्म देने के बाद ऑपरेशन करवा लेती हैं यूटेरस निकालने का उन महिलाओं को भी नेचुरल लुब्रिकेशन की कमी हो सकती है तो ऐसी स्तिथि में स्वक्स के दौरान फीमेल कंडोम का इस्तेमाल करना काफी बेहतर है।
- कुछ महिलाओं को पुरुषों के कंडोम में मौजूद लैटेक्स से एलर्जी होती है तो ऐसी महिलाओं के लिए फीमेल कंडोम फायदेमंद होता है क्योंकि फीमेल कंडोम में लैटेक्स नही होता।
- कुछ महिलाएं नासाज तबियत की वजह से गर्भ निरोधक दवाइयां नही ले पाती, ऐसी महिलाओं के लिए फीमेल कंडोम बेहद लाभदायक होता है।
- जिन महिलाओं को मासिक धर्म के दौरान सेक्स करने का मन होता है उसके लिए भी फीमेल कंडोम फायदेमंद होता है क्योंकि वह सेक्स करते समय योनि से खून को बाहर आने से रोकता है।
कैसे पहने फीमेल कंडोम
- कुछ लोगो का मानना है कि फीमेल कंडोम का इस्तेमाल करना मुश्किल है। यह सच है पर धीरे-धीरे प्रैक्टिस करने से यह आसान लगने लगता है। और सही तरीके से इसको पहनना जरूरी है। महिला इसको पहनने के लिए नीचे लेटके अपने पैरों को फैला के किसी अच्छे लुब्रीकेंट जैसे कि तेल, क्रीम इत्यादि का इस्तेमाल करके धीरे-धीरे कंडोम को अपने योनि के अंदर डालें। लुब्रीकेंट का इस्तेमाल करने से इसको योनि के अंदर डालना आसान हो जाता है।
- कंडोम को जितना अंदर तक डालना चाहे डाल सकते है पर ध्यान रहे कि यह अंदर से मुड़े ना।
- यदि महिला कंडोम का इस्तेमाल कर रही है तो ध्यान रहे कि पुरुष कंडोम न पहनें। ऐसा करने से कंडोम का फटना संभव होता है।
- यदि सेक्स करते समय यह बाहर निकल जाता है तो उसे दोबारा अंदर न डाले बल्कि नए कंडोम का इस्तेमाल करें और इस्तेमाल करने के बाद इससे तुरन्त अपने योनि से निकाल दें।
फीमेल कंडोम पहनने का नुकसान
- जैसा कि आपने देखा कि फीमेल कंडोम के कई फायदे होतें है परंतु इसके कुछ नुकसान भी है जो जानना जरूरी है। फीमेल कंडोम में 2 रिंग होते है दोनों छोर पर, और जो रिंग योनि के अंदर जाता है वह सेक्स करते दौरान तकलीफ देह हो सकता है। जो रिंग महिला के योनि के बाहर होता है वह महिला का ध्यान वही पे केंद्रित करके रखता है जिससे वह सेक्स का मज़ा नही ले पाती।
- फीमेल कंडोम 100% सुरक्षित नही होता। इसे 95% सुरक्षित माना जाता है परंतु 5% मौका होता है इसके नाकाम होने का।
- कुछ लोगो का कहना है कि सेक्स करते समय यह बहुत आवाज़ करता है जो उनका ध्यान भटका देता है। पर कोई बात नहीं अच्छे लुब्रिकरेंट के इस्तेम से इसे रोका जा सकता है।
- तो दोस्तो फीमेल कंडोम से संबंधित इन सभी बातों को जानने के बाद अंत मे यही कह सकते है कि यह एक अच्छा विकल्प है गर्भ निरोध का, जो मज़ा भी देता है तो दर्द भी। इसे एक बार इस्तेमाल जरूर करके देखें।
My husband iz 24 years old v r planning for baby but my husband iz a frequent smoker wil it cause any problem to get me pregnant.
Epidermolysis bullosa simplex is a genetic disorder that results in the skin turning fragile and blister prone. Any small injury or friction created due to rubbing of the skin might lead to blister formation. In some cases, blisters may occur inside the mouth and on the cheeks. Normally, the cause of the disease is linked to defective genes.The condition is usually inherited and the symptoms start flaring in childhood. In some cases, the symptoms start during the early twenties.
The symptoms of this disease are:
- Deformities in the nails of the toes and fingers.
- Blisters in the internal organs such as esophagus and vocal chords.
- Formation of blisters on the skin of the feet and the hands.
- Loss of hair and scarring of the scalp.
- Thickening of the skin on the palms and soles of the feet.
- Formation of white skin bumps on the skin.
- You may experience various dental problems such as tooth decay.
- You may have problems in swallowing food.
Epidermolysis bullosa can be classified into:
- Junctional Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa that usually develops during birth. The condition is characterized by hoarse and unusual crying sounds and scarring in the vocal chords. The genes that attach the epidermis to the basement become defective and thus, cause blister formation.
- Kindler Syndrome: This type is characterized by blister formation across all layers of the skin, but its symptoms tend to disappear with time. This condition is known to cause discoloration of the skin when exposed to the sun.
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa: This is caused by a defect in the gene that causes problems in collagen formation. This results in complications as the skin doesn't join properly.
This disease may cause various complications such as sepsis, skin infection, anemia, constipation and dehydration. An infant, who has a severe form of epidermolysis bullosa, may not be able to survive due to widespread blistering and infections that may drain all the body fluids out drastically.
A stressful life and an unhealthy lifestyle impacts not only our physical health, but also our mental health. There are some instances now that have proved that most cases of mental illness such as depression, anxiety, and stress, happen due to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Though in an extreme condition, you may need the help of a professional expert, there are many ways through which you can keep your physical, as well as mental health, in check.
Food is the most important ingredient of a healthy body and mind. Today, many physical ailments take place due to a wrong diet and unhealthy food habits. Some of the most common mistakes that people make these days are:
- Skipping important meals such as breakfast,
- Not consuming a balanced diet,
- Depending more upon junk food items rather than healthy food items.
It's always best to consume lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. The vitamins and minerals available in a balanced diet are very important to keep you away from health issues. Also, green vegetables such as spinach help in oxidizing the blood that reaches your brain and help in proper working of the brain cells.
Along with consuming proper and balanced diet, it is also important to provide a proper amount of workout session to both the body and mind.
Today, some people rely on gym instruments inside the four enclosed walls of a room. This may help you in getting a well-toned and fit body, but may not benefit your mind.
If you wish to keep your mind away from problems such as tiredness and stress, then it is important to inhale some fresh air at least once a day. A good way is to go for some exercises such as walking, jogging, cycling and others in open air for some time. The fresh and open air, along with exposure to greenery, refreshes your mind and hence controls the release of anxiety toxins in the brain.
After proper diet and exercise, what is most important is relaxation. If you are working the whole day and you do not have time for relaxation, the tiredness will make you fall sick. Some useful tips are:
- Sleeping at least 8 hours a day,
- Practicing meditation in case of extreme stress,
- Taking out some time from a busy schedule in doing activities you love to do, such as playing music, or reading books.
Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle not only to keep your body fit and healthy but also to keep your mind healthy and free from anxiety and stress.
Pregnancy should be by choice and not by chance. Preconception counselling and health check-up focus on things you can do before pregnancy to increase the chances of having healthy baby. There is plenty you can do now to make yourself as healthy as possible to have a healthy baby. If you want THE BEST PROGENY, then you should:
- According to Ayurveda, ‘Cheerful mind’ is most important for fertility
- Engage yourself in relaxing activities such as reading, gardening, listening to music
- Explore new hobbies
- Replace negative thoughts with more positive ones
- Avoid stress in relationship, Enjoy married life with alternate intercourse in mid period
Adapt a healthy life cycle
- Do regular exercise
- Avoid smoking and Tobacco
- Know your Prakruti (Body Constitution) and get the diet and lifestyle chart according to your Prakruti
- Consult a specialist from Ayurveda especially practising gynaecology
- Get whole preconception counselling and health check-up done
- Avoid toxic substances and Environmental contaminants
Start with folic acid
- Under medical guidance, start taking folic acid daily once
- Folic Acid supplementation greatly reduces risk of brain & spinal cord problems in babies
- If you have any pre-existing medical issues like diabetes, hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, epilepsy, heart disease or thyroid dysfunction, be sure they are under control. Ask your physician if its safe to continue the treatment for medical issues during pregnancy or to adjust to a safer alternative
- Self medication should be avoided
- If you consult doctor, even for other problem, you should make the doctor aware about your plan of pregnancy
Start preconception panchkarma treatment
- An Ayurveda physician will advise proper Panchakarma treatment according to body constitution and detailed history
- Ayurvedic medicines, diet and lifestyle modification along with preconception detoxification panchakarma treatment regularise metabolism, purify reproductive organs, maintain hormonal equilibrium, increase egg quality and sperm quality in case of male and relieve stress
- The treatments include Vaman, Virechan, Basti, Nasya, Uttarbasti, Yoni Prakshalan, Pichudharan, Shirodhara, etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Puberty brings hormonal changes which affect the body in a number of ways and the skin is one of the main affected organs. While acne is the more common issue, there are also other lesser known skin lesions, which can bother teenagers. The less common trichoepithelioma is one such disease.
In this health condition, multiple hair follicle tumors are seen on the face after attainment of puberty. These are benign, but not very common. They form small hair shafts, but do not develop into full fledged hair follicles. While the exact cause of these lesions is not identified, they are related to a syndrome called Brooke-Spielger Syndrome. There is also a genetic component where the CYLD gene is affected, and the proteins required for self-protection of the skin are missing. There is also a theory which states this condition to be an autosomal dominant condition. In such a scenario, multiple lesions are seen, and it is also the most common variant of the disease.
The lesions are small, less than 1 cm, isolated, firm, round, and shiny. Their color can vary from brown, to blue, yellow, or pink. The face is first affected, starting from the cheeks, and then slowly moving to the eyelids, and the nose. Multiple lesions are easier to diagnose, while individual lesions can be confused with basal cell carcinoma. The lesions grow very slowly and when multiple lesions are present, they can cause aesthetic concerns. There could be ulceration and recurrence in these patients. The genetically correlated ones have a higher incidence of aggressive behavior both in terms of severity of the lesions and the rate of recurrence.
Treatment: Though they are benign, aesthetic concerns may mandate treatment. The treatment is usually multipronged and includes the following genetic counseling, drug therapy (mostly topical creams and lotions), and minor invasive procedures.
- The best solution is to let them run their natural course, as they usually subside with age, both in terms of numbers and the severity of the lesions.
- Dermabrasion or carbon dioxide laser is useful in improving facial appearance too.
- In more severe cases, surgical removal may be done, which is partial and does not cover the entire depth of the lesion.
- However, in some cases, if there is a concern for malignancy, the lesions are completely excised (excision biopsy) and then sent for biopsy to confirm their benign nature.
Trichoepithelioma is also known by the name hereditary multiple benign cystic epithelioma, which explains the nature of the disease quite well. Other than cosmetic concerns, more so because if affects females, these are harmless in nature. But a detailed discussion with your dermatologist is suggested to confirm the state of the condition.
Hello. Myself 27 year married woman. Diagnosed with intramural fibroid 8.9 cm*7.0 cm. Trying for conceive from last 6 month but not succeed. Than I was prescribed with fibristal 5 mg for 3 months. There is no any effect on fibroid size. Kindly further suggest me how can be conceived, Thanks.
Did pregnancy test and result is negative. She is not pregnant. But last periods on 28 june. Now 28 july? Didn't get the period. Why.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
As much as we take a dip in the bucket of blues and sing happy- sad songs to flout and fall for the theorem of love; we are but orderlies to the emotion. We all wish if love had only been a four letter word. It unfortunately has multiple folds and crevices than the human mind can ever possibly think of. Nonetheless, staying in love is essential. Loving is as significant as is living; the reason being, it keeps you happy until you falter and with every faltering foothold, you emerge out as a stronger being.
A strange fact about the emotion is its tryst with wholeness. Love doesn’t necessarily need an object or receptor under its radar. It could be experienced as a self - sufficient feeling. You may be full of love for a family, for a dear friend, for your lover or you could also be in love with your passion or yourself. Irrespective of perpetual disillusionment, one must try and remain in love.
Let's take a curious peek into these few ways to stay in love:
- Put in effort to look good: In any case, ‘beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder’, but finding yourself pretty is extremely important. One must take care to look good in his or her own eyes. Looking good is directly proportional to the way you feel and hence spending time on yourself helps you to think positively. You see yourself in better light and are thus, in a position to love better.
- Exercise to challenge your daily threshold: Exercising has multi - faceted effects on your overall health. If you exercise on daily basis, you witness your progress with every passing day. This encourages you to improve your flexibility and fitness. Exercising can lead to the release of the happy hormone - serotonin in one’s body. Direct exposure to sunlight and consumption of food items rich in carbohydrates can also increase the level of serotonin. Exercising boosts up your confidence and makes you fall in love with your body.
- Indulge in sweet nothings: As you grow up, you stop doing those little things that once gave you immense pleasure. Making a greetings card, baking a cake, making paper boats, going out on walks, teaching young children or doing whatever your heart feels like can actually make you stay in love.
- Pursue your passion: A passion gets the best out of you; it rather steps up the limits of your talents. Pursuing one’s passion makes one love oneself even more. It keeps you engrossed in your plus points, giving you little scope to brood over depressing factors.
- Try having a pet to care for: Feeling responsible for your pet is a great way to discover another side of your personality. A pet gives you the warmth you had been looking for. The bond of love with a pet has had unmatched effects on a person’s health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello sir. Mujhy periods mai bht zayda pain hoty hai. Sir mjhy pain bardash nai hoti hai. Please sir suggest me some medicine which has no side effects.
I am 23 years female, non vegetarian I have started to go to gym since last one week. And I want to know the do's and do not s of gym. For eg- how many days of gym and how many days of rest for muscles? What to eat in pre workout and post workout? What to eat in dinner? Timing of workout? And which exercises to do basically? I gained 10 kgs in 1 one year. And now I want to loose my body fat as soon as possible. Please help me.
Hello doctor i'm planning for a baby, my period was 1 to 5, my doc told me to intercourse from 12 to 19, now my doubt is that how I come to know that egg got form, exactly I don't know what word to use but I hope you can understand. Please reply me to good opinion. Thank you.
An essential prerequisite for good health is having regular bowel movements. People all over the world have a misconception about the regularity of bowel movements. Having bowel movements three times a day or three times a week (if that is the routine) is considered regular. Irregularity in bowel movements can often lead to constipation and it is something that should never be ignored. It not only affects our health but also affect our overall being in ways that are unexpected. Let us take a look at some of these unexpected side effects of not pooping regularly:
- Constipation can trigger headaches: The cause for a headache can be many things, but the first likely reason is stress. When you do not poop properly, the pain, inconvenience and worry will build up, leading to mental stress. This anxiety can trigger headaches. Also, headache can occur because of dehydration, which is often a result of constipation. By drinking more water, you can get a relief from both constipation and headaches. Moreover, the buildup of toxins in the body also causes a headache. regular is a key channel that releases all the toxins from the body and when that does not work, it is bound to cause problems.
- It can cause breakouts: What happens in and out the gut shows up on the skin. Skin conditions like acne, pimple, dark circles and even rashes can occur due to internal gut and digestive issues. When the toxins are not eliminated regularly from the body, they tend to accumulate over time leading to major skin breakouts.
- It carries a risk of anal fissures: Due to hardened stool, there is not enough lubrication and this can lead to a tear of the skin. This is called an anal fissure and the prime symptom of this condition is the presence of blood in your stool. So, if you feel pain or see blood while pooping, you need to contact your healthcare provider and relieve your condition.
- It may cause Diverticula or Heamerhoids: Long term constipation can lead to certain ailments which tend to form because of the pressure of straining to pass your poop. You can be affected with diverticula which result in bulges or pouches on the lining of the colon area. Or it can also cause a strain in the veins along the rectum and lead to
- It affects your Bladder control: The colon and the bladder share a close relationship with each other. If there is too much pressure on the bladder because of a full colon, it can lead to decreased control of the bladder. Your bladder will not fill all the way, empty badly or cause unexpected leakages. So, chronic constipation can cause apparent leakage problems too.
- It can make you lose appetite: Eating food can be a major turn off for people with constipation. Appetite loss is not just an enjoyable form of hunger suppression, but a big inconvenience.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Eggs are a common food, which are also incredibly nutritious as well. There are a number of important nutrients in it including vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, B12, D, E and K as well as folate, phosphorous, selenium, calcium and zinc. All of these are contained within just one boiled egg, which also contains 6 grams of protein as well as 5 grams of healthy fats. Not only do you get all of these nutrients with just one boiled egg, it's calorie count is pretty healthy as well.
Here are the health benefits which all of these nutrients give:
- Eggs do not raise blood cholesterol: It is true that when you eat eggs, cholesterol enters your body. However, eggs also give a signal for the liver to stop producing the cholesterol it usually produces. The increase in the intake of cholesterol compensates for the decrease in the cholesterol produced by the liver and therefore keeps the blood cholesterol levels constant.
- Eggs have choline: Choline is an incredibly important nutrient for your body. This is because it helps build cell membranes and is also crucial when it comes to the production of certain signalling molecules in the brain. A single egg has about 100 milligrams of this nutrient and therefore is one of the best sources of it.
- Eggs are good for your eye: Eggs have two very important nutrients for your eyes. These are Lutein and Zeaxanthin. These nutrients stop degenerative processes from occurring in the eye.
- Eggs have high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids: Eggs that are boiled have a high level of Omega-3 fatty acids in them. Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for reducing the chances of you suffering from heart disease due to the fact that it reduces your triglyceride levels.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein: This is the biggest reason to eat eggs. Eating eggs helps you to lose weight, optimizing bone health and lowering blood pressure.
- Egg may reduce the risk of stroke: Studies have shown that eggs are not only good for your heart, but they also reduce the likelihood of suffering from a stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Ovarian cysts is a common problem that affects women in their childbearing years. These cysts develop inside the ovaries at the time of ovulation.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Some of the Ayurvedic herbs used in the treatment of ovarian cysts are as follows:
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract problems. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination and endoscopy is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support or packs are put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Menopause is a tricky problem for women to negotiate. Hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, sleeplessness, and vaginal dryness are but some of the issues. It's a very similar position to that of puberty whereby the body is out of control and one's emotions follow suite. If a woman going through this time is facing added pressures with family or job she can lose her confidence and sink into a state of depression.
The effect on those around her has a bearing on her moods as they usually fail to understand what is happening to her. In my case the greatest thing was hormone replacement therapy which almost instantly corrected the problems. The brain cleared of its confusion, the other symptoms virtually stopped, and energy levels were restored.
The question many face is how safe is this HRT? Some studies link it to breast cancer and other diseases as a warning against it. But speaking from personal experience the risks of developing is far outweighed by the benefits.
- As opposed to my situation my sister, five years younger, did not take HRT and she had a hysterectomy, which saw the female reproductive organs removed. By the time she was 50 she was diagnosed with the bones of an 80-year-old. She then suffered from osteoporosis with her bones, particularly her ribs, breaking with the slightest pressure.
- On top of that she also has irritable bowel syndrome and other things, such as shingles. Her blood pressure was always low and other problems emerged. Although active and stoic her health went rapidly downhill and she died two years ago of pancreatic cancer at the age of 71. Now one can't say that HRT would have saved her from that but it certainly didn't cause the cancer.
- By way of contrast my body is fit, healthy, strong, with no disease or blood pressure at the age now of 78. My brain is active and productive and most days I attend a gym. My bones are also strong with no sign of osteoporosis. I don't even get headaches or other things most people my age would normally suffer from. I don't even wear glasses.
- While there are great benefits to be had from HRT it is my belief it also preserves the body well into old age. Cancers of the type they proclaim may be associated with it are, in my opinion, not related to it. Breast cancer is common among women of all ages and some die in their twenties from it.
- To be rid of the awful symptoms of menopause is a great achievement by the medical scientists. They have made it possible for many women to remain a productive force in society. My mother who never had the benefits of it suffered and died at the age of 56 years.
- While everyone is different and people have diverse opinions about what is good for their heath my suggestion is to go where your body takes you. Don't be frightened or put off by claims that are as yet unproven.