Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ak AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My daughter aged 6 years suffering from epilepsy for four years since then after medical check up and test she is on valparine syrup without fail and she never had seizures after that as well. We were advised that the medicine will run for years. Should we continue with the same.
Dear sir, my daughter who is 5 years old does not eat food properly, her weight is good she is 24 kg, but I don't understand how to get rid of her diet.
My son is due for a 14th week vaccines, in his 10th week our doctor recommended pentaxim along with hepa B, it was painless so we went for it, I wanted to make sure is pentaxim is really as effective as the other painful vaccines as I've heard than pentaxim has very less immunity as compared to the other vaccines, also kindly guide which are the best vaccines for a 2.5 month old baby since he is due for his 14th month vaccines.
6 months old baby now he is weight 5.5 kgs.He is not increased his weight still one month Birth weight 2.7 kgs. Sir / madam please tell me diet and precursions. What can take the next step
My son has suffer from a fever from 18th July to till now. My son is 4 year old. His body temperature is between 100-103 celsius. But we consult with our family Dr. On 19th July morning. He has given some medicine 1. P250; 2. Chloroquine phosphate suspension 3.vomikind.but not improve till now, what shall I do now at first ? Dear Dr.
I am having lungs fibrosis I am taking wysolin 10 mg My lungs capacity is 17 % Daily 14 hour I am taking oxygen 2 litre. please help.
Sir, my son is 18 months old. I got vaccination which is given after 18th month. After vaccination I realized that, where he was injected (thigh) is badly swelling and I can see a hard part (ganth) over there. Its been 11 days since he got vaccination. Have consulted that doctor also. She said that it will take a month to go. Medicines started to remove that swelling. My question is why this happened? and what should I do ?
My baby is 2.5 month old. He feeds with bottle. please tell me what are the side effect of bottle if I properly sterilize the bottle before feed him.
Hi my daughter is 3 years old and she was having viral fever every after 2 or 3 weeks and my doctor asked for a blood test we found out that she is having deficiency of vitamin d 8.68ng/ml and total WBC'count 3,500 cu. Mm and hemoglobin 12.10 gm/dL. What is the problem?
My child is not constipated. His stool come out 4 to 5 times regularly in a day. We are worried about this. After getting report doctor said there is no blood in his stool but we saw little drops of blood in his every stool. If this is not blood, then what is this red drops which looks as same as blood.
Hello, my daughter is 5+ n she is having fever n boils r coming all over her body. I think she is going through chickepox. Please suggest me. To get rid of this.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is complaining of stomach pain that lasts for not more than 2 minutes. He says he is ok after two minutes. Usually soon after he wakes up in the morning and at some times of the day. He is urinating normal and motion is also normal. What could be the reason? And pls advice.
Doc my son is of one year nd two months. I am worried about his hair. 15 days before Maine usk hair clean karaya the but abi bhi halk halk hair aaye h. What should I do for his gud hair growth. Tell me about diet nd hair care.
My daughter is 15 month old.I think she is havin conjective virus.Her eyes are little bit red n water flowing continuously n little white is getting dischared from eyes.So can i give kitmox eye drop.Composition is Moxifloxacin hydrochloride i.P equivalent to moxifloxacin aqueoous buffered vehicle.
My son is 3 years old, he have mouth infection like we say mouth ulcer, every month once he get this, in that time he get fever also and also vomiting. Why he get like this?
I have 4 year old daughter she is always b complaining of stomach ache whenever she eat food and she have a problem of allergy sometimes her skin becomes reddish with small boils please advice to get rid of this.
My child is 3.5 years old, Uske stomach me hamesa problem rahti hai. Kuch bhi khaata hai infection ho jata hai.
My Baby is 4 years of age having rickets evidence shown. What next steps taken. Would my baby do not walk properly in future?
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children suffering from, Malabsorption, Chronic diarrhoea, thyroid disorders and Celiac Disease.
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Deworming: The power to kill parasites. With such tablets, we can eliminate worms in children and stop parasites from absorbing the critical nutrients a child needs to develop.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Don't take pallor lightly. Consult the doctor.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specialized pediatrician.