Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay VermaaYour feedback matters!
My mother is diabetic. She also suffers from hypertension at times. From the past few months, she is facing a constant pain from the thumb to an inch or to above the wrist joint. She constantly says she is facing a pain in the nerve and the nerve ooses out if she puts a stress in the hand. She is unable to pick things up and the pain is very severe at times. This all started when she slipped and fell on floor. My request is, whom shall I consult? A neurologist or an orthopedic because I have visited orthopedic and the doctor said that since she is diabetic this pain will be life long and there is a DQ Decease and an operation is needed. Please help me as I am not able to help at all. An early response is very much required.
I am losing body weight quickly and have tried many medicines but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do? Can you help me with this?
What should I do to increase my weight? I am 18 years old and my weight is 50kg. I consume healthy food but even though I am very thin.
I am 20 years I want to be fit for all the day I will get lot of pains so there is any medical advice.
I like banana shake and I used to take shake daily in the morning but after some time my stomach came out. I took banana shake because I wanted to gain some weight. So could you please suggest me some other way to gain weight. My age is 24 and my weight is 48.
I am feeling too weak and my body becoming tin and tin, why? That is the reason and how can I increase my weight,
Hello, I am planning to do sex with my girlfriend today. So I need some medicines for stamina. And it's the first time so how should I insert my penis in her vagina. And obviously we are just 18 and we r not planning for a baby but we r just doing it for fun, so which pills she should take to prevent pregnancy. And should I use condom. And please tell me the various sex positions to prevent pregnancy and sex positions which are easy for the first time. And if she lick my penis, then the pregnancy will occur or not?
I got knee pain in the middle of the knees and are paining while I am climbing steps. The problem occurred while I am starting the bike and also did some difficult yoga posture which gives pressure on knees also. First it came to right knee, I stopped yoga and starting bike with right leg, it got cured. I started using left leg to start bike, the pain came to left too. What is the solution for it, in order to not come again and how to make my bones strong.
Dear sir. Plzz tell me how to lose my weight at home. I really tired try different way but not get result.
Eating disorders can be defined as conditions that influence your eating behaviour significantly and which may give rise to serious health issues. Eating disorders are associated with behaviours like compulsively counting calories, puking after meals, living on a rigid diet etc. which often leads to a feeling of self-loathing and obsessive thoughts about food and weight.
Here are the three most common eating disorders and the symptoms by which they can be identified.
1. Anorexia nervosa - This disorder is considered to be a mortally dangerous condition in which the body weight reduces drastically. An individual is terrified about gaining weight and can take extreme steps to maintain their weight and shape, often leading to starvation, vomiting and many other health problems.
Common symptoms include:
-Reducing the amount of food to be consumed to cut down the calories
-Exercising beyond capacity to burn calories
-Recurrently monitoring your shape, weight and appearance
-Avoiding social gatherings where you will be offered food
-Irregular menstrual cycles in women
-Erectile dysfunction in men
2. Bulimia nervosa - Mostly observed among people in their mid-teens, Bulimia nervosa is a serious type of eating disorder associated with episodes of bingeing and purging with the individual being unable to regulate their eating habits. Moreover, the person suffering from this disease often feels guilty and horror-struck about weight gain and forces himself/herself to vomit.
Normally, people suffering from this condition exhibit the following habits:
-Use of laxatives or throw up forcibly to get rid of calories
-Feeling exhausted and guilty
-Experiencing irregularity in their menstrual cycles
-The inability to maintain normal weight, in spite of trying to eliminate calories
3. Binge-eating disorder - This disorder is characterised by overeating, eating even when you don't feel hungry and continuing to eat even after feeling full. People suffering from this disorder cultivate a feeling of guilt inside them for overeating but do not try to nullify its effect by vomiting or exercising intensely. Some of the most prominent symptoms of this disorder include:
-Eating alone to hide the embarrassment caused due to overeating
-Eating quicker than normal people
-Binge eating at minimum one instance every week
Hey, Good morning mam, I am 24 years old. But according to my age. I do not look healthy. I hav a habit of masturbation once a week. I feel weak. Also I am lin and thin. My health is deteriorating. Also my diet is not soo good. So my question is. How can I regain my health. What should be included in diet for muscle and body building. Is masturbation results my health deterioration. How can I gain weight. Sir please suggest. What should I do. please answer in detail.
Sir/Madam I am a very thin person so many problems for wrack body. I could not understand what to do for Health body.
I am suffering from knee join psints since a years took treatment but nothing went well he has finally give some injection to both the knees with cost around 3000 but it is of no use took many tests, my age is 36 not able to bear any mord please help me out whom to contact, in tests rheumatic arthritis came negative, he did not daigonise what the problem is he has been giving me contains pain killers and injection but relief is for that hr only.
Whenever I wake up in morning I feel weakness and my body gone very tired, please tell me what should I do?
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My body is so week and no strong health I want to increase my body growth and strong so what I do please tell me?
Very few people are lucky enough to reap the benefits of a good metabolic system. Being overweight could be a serious problem as it complicates existing health problems and can even result in unusual diseases and disorders. Cribbing about increased body weight, low energy levels and a protruding paunch is too common a phenomenon to be ignored. People try out bizarre ways to deal with an excess of adipose tissues.
They, run, jog, cycle and diet. The numerous efforts made in losing weight go down the drain in most cases. The reason behind this is simple; you are not doing things the right way. Exercising in combination with a balanced diet is necessary to keep yourself fit and healthy. However, weight loss is not a silly affair without a rule book. One must keep to a set of norms to reduce weight effectively.
Valuable tips to lose those extra kilos: You may lose weight in whichever way you want, but doubt remains regarding the consistency of such reduction. Weight loss could be drastic, but things might revert to square one as soon as you slacken from a rigorous regimen. Try out tips that suit your subjective case and find yourself in good shape.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of a day: Being on an empty stomach for long stretches can result in bloating. In such a situation a person feels lethargic and tends to give up after least physical exertion. If you intend to retain your appetite for dinner by skipping breakfast you are slowly moving towards obesity. Have a heavy breakfast every single day.
- Stop being a couch potato: Sitting in front of the television set or computer screen for long hours can make you gain weight. Remind yourself to indulge in these activities in restriction.
- Have a high- fiber diet: A high fiber diet is good for digestive processes. It rids your body of excess gases and acids making you feel light. Such kind of food can be easily broken down to produce energy.
- Exercise regularly or at least thrice a week: Exercising is extremely important to keep the extra kilos in check. It also adds strength to your muscles. Exercising can improve a person's mental agility as well.
- Have four meals a day: Having small, but frequent meals throughout the day is the best possible way to maintain an optimal body weight. Through this practice the body is assured of regular food supply and hence won't store fat.