Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay Sharma
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my left breast there is no lump can you tell me how to differentiate between heart problem or breast cancer and their symptoms.
My family member 48 years old has got prostate cancer i. E in 3rd stage and now facing only urination not in continuation and PSA 23 and he is not interested in surgery for removal of prostrate and wants to go for Radiation and Ayurved medicine treatment. Your valuable suggestion required in this regard.
My mother -in-law is 71 years old, yesterday she was detected to have breast cancer on the right side in an advance state. Doctors say that it has not spread to the shoulder but requires immediate surgery and more probable for cure and may live another 10 years, what I shall do and is there any other treatment other than surgery and what are the diet requirements? Please advise.
What is the symptoms of mouth cancer. My uncle was chewing tobacco from a very long time they left it just before a year ago but there is little white ulcer in there mouth which happen to them regularly. From past few months.
They have cyst in right breast n operated in 2010, now she is suffering from itching and pain in scar. What should i do now?
My father is peasant of lung cancer he was done three vocal of chemo therapy but not response for Como please tell what to do tnx. please reply.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.