Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajay Ghambhir
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajay GhambhirYour feedback matters!
Hai sir/madam I have 8 months baby girl she was doing loose motions daily 8 times last 4 days onwards and fruits mango watermelon giving daily and mother feeding giving and kindly give any suggestions.
Hi sir. My daughter age 3 yrs. Now a problem no 1 enlarged adenoids. Doctor will do operation, And another problem doctor telling to get mucopolysaccharides problem tell what I can do. Please help me.
My baby is 1 and half months old .i m going for vaccination for her .it will be difficult for baby to bear the pain so please suggest me some remedy and medicine so that she will feel and can sleep well.
Adenoids refer to the mass of lymphatic tissue situated at the intersection of the back of the nose and throat. They are a part of the body's immune system and play a noteworthy part in battling infections in kids. Adenoids fight off the microbes and infection that enter the body through the nose. They typically occur in children of five to seven years of age and from that point, they begin to decrease. They vanish when the child gets older. This is the physiological development and relapse of the adenoids. However, permanent adenoids are an issue in view of a number of annoying symptoms they show in a child. The major among these are breathing through the mouth and wheezing because of nasal blockage.
Homeopathic medicines are a very safe option than surgery in kids with extended adenoids. It has been noted that adenoids, when surgically removed, tend to regrow. Homeopathic medicines focus on strengthening the child’s immune system. The cures are as follows:
- Baryta Carb: Baryta Carb is one of the top recorded homeopathic medications for swollen adenoids. It is likewise the medicine to endorse where both tonsils and adenoids are broadened. The child feels sensitive to ice in extremes. The tiniest exposure to icy air causes cough. Cough also shows up at the slightest change in climate. Sneezing and thick yellow nasal release may be seen. Pain in the throat increases on gulping.
- Calcarea Carb: Calcarea Carb is another brilliant homeopathic medicine for amplified adenoids with the tendency to get infected. Calcarea Carb will be recommended where the youngster is exceptionally helpless to cold and falls sick after each such introduction. This weak immune system for diseases brings about broadened adenoids or tonsils.
- Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol: Agraphis Nutans and Merc Sol are extremely helpful homeopathic medicines for treating ear grumblings because of expanded adenoids. Agraphis Nutans is the best treatment for deafness because of expanded adenoids. Homeopathic prescription Merc Sol is highly used in case of an ear infection connected with swollen adenoids.
- Kali Sulphuricum: Kali Sulphuricum is among one of the top recorded homeopathic solutions for adenoids that regrow after surgery. The symptoms controlling utilisation of Kali Sulphuricum are a blocked nose, mouth breathing and wheezing. Yellow coloured nasal release is also common.
- Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra: Ammonium Carb and Sambucus Nigra are incredibly helpful homeopathic medicines for developed adenoids. A youngster that needs these drugs will have an increased nasal blockage. The nasal hindrance is most set apart around evening time. Breathing through the mouth because of a blocked nose is also very common. Ammonium Carb is likewise used for a seeping nose, particularly in the morning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Tuberculosis is a serious infectious disease that can affect the lungs. The bacteria spread through sneezes and coughs making it a communicable disease. This disease was rare and limited to the Western Countries until 1985. The emergence of HIV virus has made tuberculosis a global disease to reckon with. Although the rate of TB has come down since 1993, it remains a top concern for many countries. The biggest worry is the fact that TB bacteria can build resistance to many drugs. Therefore, it is very important that a TB patient takes a variety of medication suggested by the doctor at the right time.
Although your body is already in possession of the bacteria leading to tuberculosis, your immune system is able to prevent you from becoming sick. Doctors have made a distinction between latent and active tuberculosis (TB)--
In case of latent TB, the bacteria in the body in a passive state and it causes no symptoms, and therefore it is not contagious. But, in the case of active TB, you would become sick and may even spread the disease to others. It can take place in the first few weeks or even after several months of being infected with TB bacteria.
Types of Tuberculosis:
There are two types of tuberculosis- Latent and Active.
- Latent Tuberculosis is a condition where the bacteria stays in the system of a person but doesn’t show up any symptoms of TB. Although this type of TB is not contagious, it requires treatment so that TB can be controlled from spreading.
- Then there is active tuberculosis. It shows symptoms in the first few weeks and can spread to another person as well.
What are the symptoms of active TB?
- If you are coughing for over three weeks and sometimes even coughing up blood, it can be a sign of TB.
- Chest pain and pain while coughing and breathing along with fatigue, fever, chills and night sweat are the common symptoms of TB along with loss of appetite and unintentional weight loss.
- TB may even affect other organs of your body, including your brain, spine and kidneys.
- When TB takes place outside the lungs, then the signs of TB can vary as per the organs that are involved. For instance, TB in the spine can cause back pain and that in kidneys may cause blood in the urine.
What are the causes of TB?
- TB is stemmed from a bacteria which spreads from individual to individual via the microscopic droplets that are released into the air.
- This may happen when an affected person is left untreated and he speaks or sneezes or coughs or laughs. Though the disease is contagious, it is not easy to be affected by it.
- As a result, you are much more likely to get affected with active tuberculosis from a person you live with or come in regular contact with, rather than a stranger.
- It is important to note here that people who are affected with TB and going through proper medications for over two weeks are no more contagious.
Tuberculosis - How to effectively treat it?
With the treatment for tuberculosis, one should have patience as it may take time to cure a person completely of tuberculosis and the associated symptoms. Many factors are taken into consideration while determining the course of the treatment for tuberculosis, some of which include
- Type of tuberculosis (Latent or Active).
- Age of the patient.
- The condition being drug resistant.
- The general health of the patient (if there are any other health conditions that may interfere with the treatment).
In the case of Active TB and that too, a drug-resistant type, the use of multiple drugs (simultaneously) may be needed to produce the desired results. The drugs commonly used include Pyrazinamide, Rifampin, Ethambutol, and Isoniazid. In most cases, the doctors suggest the drugs be continued for at least six- nine months for positive results.
Some patients with Active TB (drug resistant) may also benefit from the use of fluoroquinolones (antibiotics) taken along with capreomycin, amikacin, or kanamycin (mostly given in the form of injections). Most patients are required to follow the medication for 20-30 months duration.
Unlike the Active TB, in the case of Latent TB, a combination of drugs and medications is not required. A single TB specific drug is enough to treat the condition.
Therefore, it is important to seek medical assistance and detect if you have any such health complications concerning TB.