Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajatshatru Narayan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajatshatru NarayanYour feedback matters!
I have 6 month old baby. I observe that my breast milk is drying up. Please suggest what can I do to increase breast milk.
My baby is 2 months old and has a swollen navel it is not painful nor sensitive is there any thing to worry.
seacord sevenseas can it be given to my daughter for increasing her immunity? She is 6 years old having asthma taking puff regularly at night. Respro powder mixed with milk is good for respiratory? Will it lessen her problem if taken regularly Or pediasure is enough it also contains all vitamin that Respro powder has.
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My grandson 3 years 10 monthshas frequent cold, cough, fever with no appetite and bit weak and little underweight also. Plvsuggestceffective remedy. Thanks.
My daughter two months old and premature baby now she feed milk thro nipple by pushing milk thro syringe. Now she weighs 2 kg. Dr. told to start mother feeding. She did nt take mother milk directly and she started crying while try to attempt .plz guide us.
I have a baby girl of 7 weeks old. When she born she was white in colour but day by day her colour is getting reduced. Her ear colour has become bit dark. Please suggest how the colour of baby changes to white.
My son, 4 years and 5 month Had his skull deformed due to sleeping postures during his infant hood. Dr. Said that it will auto correct as he grows, but the deformation still exists though a lot has got corrected. What should we do?
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.