Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Adithi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. AdithiYour feedback matters!
I was suffering from hypertension, I have consulted Doctor. He has prescribed me Tablets for 3 months and also he told me that I was suffering from stress and anxiety. I have consumed all tablets. But my hypertension is on control. Still the doctor told me I am suffering from stress and Anxiety. He asked me to continue the tables for another 3 more months. How the doctor diagnosed me that iam suffering from these things?
I am 21 years old male and my mental state is not healthy. I m getting over tensioned for very simple reasons, please help me in getting out of this. Suggest me some good medicines. Lost my sleep too.
Hey. Since last year I've been suffering from short memory. I've been taking tablets (omega3 and Himalaya mentat) but what is the reason for me having short memory? It is affecting me because I am a student and sometimes I do not have the money to continuously buy tablets! I don't mind buying them but can I at least know the reasons why this is happening?
My wife age 25 years has a problem of recurrent depressive disorder, severe episode with psychotic symptoms. She has this problem since 2006. I want to know that this disease is hereditary. And is it curable or not. And what about the chances of re- episode in future.
Respected sir/ma'am I am 21 years old suddenly I have got pain in my tail bone and I am not able to sit properly because of the pain I don't remember if I have got hurt from somewhere please can you suggest me the reason and cure Thank you!
As Naksha is my friend she get headache when she's exposed to Sun for much time and that lasts for long time and she's going into a depression that what's happening to me why I am getting weaker she's afraid of doctors and she has eye sight and she's using spectacles can I know the reason she gets headache regularly when she gets exposed to sun.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.