Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. AdithiYour feedback matters!
I am smoking from three years now and my dad's saying I have lever problem because bad smell is coming from my mouth. And it's due to smoking is that possible?
How to bring a stress person to a Doctor. One of my brother aged around 46 having this problem. Please Help.
She thinks a lot and take a lot of stress, she believes that her body parts get shortened or cut while she's asleep. She have left taking medicine and sits all the time thinking. It's been around 5 years in beginning when we consult with a psychiatrist. He prescribed her some anti psychotic drugs, initially they helped but the symptoms are back after a while and she thinks that doctors can't cure her, nothing can be done now.
My 4 years son afraid his study does not write or read anything. We hope for counseling, it is required or what I will do about his study ?
Feel depressed feel like committing side not interested to live becoz of love failure. Can't concentrate in anything life getting frustrated. Hate advicising from others.
An idle mind is a devil’s workshop. When there is too much time on your hands with nothing to do, you end up thinking about things which are not going well, leading to depression. Come to think of it, if there is nothing that you can do to improve it, there is no point wasting time over it. On the other hand, if there is something to improve the situation, just go ahead and do it, so everybody involved is happy. However, if there are too many other factors which are beyond control, then you need to see how to change your outlook towards it.
One such effective way is to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from it. The following are some simple measures, which can be very effective in dealing with stress.
- Sleep it off: One of the main reasons for depression is the physical exhaustion and lack of good rest. So, it is good once in a while to just sleep it off and give your body the much deserved rest. This gives the brain a chance to begin to heal and feel better.
- Clean up the house: The home or the space you enter into indirectly indicates your state of mind. A clean home and workspace means that much less clutter in the brain. Clean out the closet, give away your old stuff, and in the process, you would end up feeling good about having helped somebody. You will also realize how much excess stuff you have collected over the years. Stacked up in the attic and cartons, these were meant for use on “some fine day”, which never seemed to arrive.
- Exercise: Force yourself to exercise. While initially it would be an ordeal, gradually you will enjoy it. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain, which make you feel good about yourself. In addition, the physical benefits will start to show up, leaving you feeling elated and in a chirpier mood.
- Travel: When you go solo traveling, the amount of time you spend with yourself just increases. The changed surroundings will help you understand yourself better and come to terms with things that can be under your control. You learn to let go of things and come to terms with life. If time and money are limitations, go out and explore places in your own surrounding city or town. You will realize how little you know the city or town you live in.
- Hobbies: Whether it is learning to play guitar or speak Spanish, pick something that you have always wanted to do over the years and work at it. You will see the depression vanish in no time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am 72 years old. My only daughter after marriage lives in Delhi happily. My wife after retirement works for social cause. For political reason, I left a lucrative job in 1970. The political situation changed and I left politics. My wife still has grievances as I left the job. I don't have any question on my action then. Our financial condition is so so. I don't have regular income. I am quite active, a free lance professional. But my wife's expectation is higher which I failed to fulfill. This is causing negative feelings in me often. How do I overcome the situation ?
A stressful life increases the cortisol content in our body, which in turn is responsible for increasing our craving for food. Often these cravings are more inclined towards sweets. An increased sweet consumption worsens our mood and is responsible for an array of complications such as obesity, diabetes etc. On top of this, the cortisol releases an enzyme called cortisone, which further increases the cortisol content in the body. In order to avoid this complication which results from a stressful life, here is a diet that will keep you in good state:
- Asparagus: Asparagus has is an ideal low-calorie option. Its high folate content helps to keep the body cool and composed. Asparagus can be consumed with salads or in the form of crisp and broiled snacks. Regular intake of this will go a long way in keeping you healthy under stressful situations.
- Avocados: One single serving of avocado can do good to your body. This creamy fruit has enough glutathione to block intestinal absorption of many kinds of fat. Avocados are also rich in folate, vitamin B, vitamin E, lutein and beta carotene. However, owing to its fat content, too much intake of this fruit doesn’t prove to be very beneficial for the body. This can be consumed as a whole or along with sandwiches and burgers.
- Berries: All kinds of berries are extremely rich in vitamin C, which is known to be a very effective combat for stress. Blueberries are one of the best antioxidants that occur naturally. Apart from this, berries also have the unique ability to reduce cortisol in the body. 3-4 berries can be included in the diet to experience immediate results.
- Cashews: There are a lot of misconceptions about cashews contributing to fat. While they possess fat, they are a great source of protein as well. Cashew is a rich source of zinc that is responsible for combatting stress, depression and anxiety. 2-3 pieces of cashews can be consumed on a daily basis.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea has a soothing effect on the body. A study conducted by the University of Pennsylvania showed that Chamomile tea greatly helps in fighting stress and has a calming effect on the body. A separate study by the University of Maryland Medical Center showed that Chamomile Tea helps in getting sleep.
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes the free radicals in the body. Allicin is a critical compound found in garlic, which helps to fight against common cold, heart diseases and even cancer. Garlic also fights against stress and maintains calm. This can be consumed with your meals on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am suffering from cold cough and head ache so, I cannot able to concentrate well so suggest some tips?
Hi, I'm 15 years old girl and I've been lately not able to concentrate on my studies. It started from last year when I felt really weird and was unable to study and at that time I wasn't happy and some issues were also there. Then my blood pressure was really low due to stress and I consulted a doctor and after taking homeopathic medicine and some assistance I was feeling happy and it took me some time to get over some past issues and now I'm happy too but still I can't focus on my studies. I don't find my studies to be difficult nor I think that I can't do it. I even want to study and when I take my book to study it stresses me out. I even do some meditation for 10-15 mins and calm myself whenever I get stressed but nothing seems to work. I give myself several breaks to relax but my mind never seems to be refreshed. Earlier when I used to study I never used to give up but now I don't know some kind of stress is always their when I try to study! please give me some advice. I'm really tired of it.
I'm feeling as if I should run away from my place & stay at any jungle in middle where nobody can listen me & I'll be alone totally & I want to go to top of the mountain & scream as loud as I can & when I go angry I feel as if I would kill someone I start making planning to kill even of my mom & dad & I'm completely not knowing what is right & wrong at that time & sometimes I become absent as if my partner says something & I don't know what she is saying & I go angry very easily.& always I get fear of cancer & dangerous diseases. What do I've? what should I do?
I lost somebody close lost year and since then very feel depressed I can't prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
I lost somebody close last month and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Sometimes I am Short tempered when my beloved do some wrong and makes some bad behaviour and gets angry without logically, and sometimes I understand that she doesn't understand my feelings whenever she makes me angry again and again. I get a lot anger that time and wish to go an end. Please suggest me what must I do?
Lost somebody close last year and since then fever feel very depressed and Prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
7. Seek support of your family and friends. You win over your temptation. Good luck!