Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Adithi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. AdithiYour feedback matters!
Instantly you will be refreshed and feel relaxed.
Hi. I really feel depressed. Dnt want to be with anyone. Negative thoughts about life. Always stressed. Full of anxiety for even small matters. Plss help.
My wife age 51 yrs has been suffering from a mental problem for about 20 years. She speaks to self. I have consulted a Psychiatrist. He has advised to take Elicia 4 containing Blonanserin 4 mg, tablet, twice in a day. She has been taking the medicene from about 6 months. I want a second opinion.
Hello sir 1 month back my uncle expired due to sudden bike accident in native place, after 4 days in my mind repeatedly negative thoughts started to come continuously, like any time anything can happen, today I will be their or die, why do I study if I will die one day, like that, I went to doctor for this he gave me fluvator 50 mg tab, after taking this my sleeping cycle stopped, I wasn't able to sleep, then too I continued this for week, while taking this some time I feel ok, nd some time I becomes sad, depressed I became very anxious, so I decided to stop taking this by myself, after stopping this in 3 days I got a strong thought that I will be no more for no reason, it was so strong that it made me to go to doctor, I told him to check my BP, he said your bp is ok, Next day again I went to my psychiatrist he said to take that fluvator 50 in morning again, even after taking this, for some time I feel ok, after some time my mind get depressed am not feeling good? Please help Is this medicine is harming me, or helping me?
I am so weak and that's why I don't concentrate on my studies. Is there any solution to balance my mind and health?
I did a lot of test. Like echo cardiogram/ chest xray / ct scan on brain and sinus/ CBC blood test/ sugar test/ liver function test/ kidney function test/ thyroid function test/crp test/ cardiac profile/ dimer test./ ECG test. All my test can back normal. But I still feel sick something my head feel heavy. My body feel tired and lazy. Sometime I feel sleep in the day . My doctor told me maybe anxiety is the cause. Because my doc tor said all my test is good. Seeing all my test is good I do not need to worry if I am sick with a disease or something right.
I am 43 years old have good job I can not mix with any group freely, can not make jokes or comments freely so I have no friend i cant make good relations with them how can I change.
I have a memory loss problem. This could be due to B12 issue and I would want to reverse this .How do I do it?
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill effects of all work and no play.
- Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
- While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
- Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
- Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
- Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
- Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
- Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
- Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
- Take a short trip: Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
- Meditate for a calmer self: Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
- Don't bring work home: Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
- Go for regular checkups: Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.