Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhideep ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Sir I am Suffering from ulcerative colitis since September 2015 and I recovered it in December 2015 but now problem started blood in stool, abdominal pain, emergency in toilet and weakness. Now my Dr. Told me to we have last option and I have take steroid now. So what can I do now.
I have gerd & heart burn problem since last two months. I have take pentocid tablets and syrup but not get better. Is take for long time? how much time will take? please Suggest.
I am 27 years old and I am having severe headache and neck pain last 4 month's and acidity problem. What precaution should I take for relief and get away from this ?
My daughter has severe constipation problem. She eats very less. She doesn't eat roti sabzi daal chawal. Her stools are so hard, we have to insert finger and take the stool out. Blood comes out along with stools. Please give a proper treatment for this. So that this condition never happens.
I am 23 year old. I have fissures in my anus for the last 2-3 years. What should I do? As well I have constipation problem. Can I help myself at home or should I consult any doctor.
Hello sir my name is Rahul Maurya and my age is 22. Sir I want to ask about appetizer. Accutly my food dose is small and my weight is also not good. Can I use appetizer for increasing weight and also for good digestive system. Can you please suggest me about good appetizer.
My father is 79years old and he is having severe acidity, so my question is whether he can take ALOPATHIC AND HOMEOPATHIC medicine for the same treatment in the same day, he is having both type of medicine (ALOPATHIC AND HOMEOPATHIC. He is also a heart patient and a diabetic.
I am usually facing the acidity and allergic problem, please suggest me appropriate treatment in ayurved.
I am having chronic gas problem, sometimes it leads to tightened of stomach and dizziness also. please guide me with this.
M pardeep kaur. M 43year old lady. Having hyper acidity nd constipation too. M also suffering from joints pain. I want to reduce my weight.
My father 60 years old having headache problem. After every 2 -3 days headache come. Seems having gastric problem. Problem is old but earlier was occasionally but now frequency has increased. Took medicine like pantop, rant ac, combiflam also. please suggest.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it, but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. Vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, Onions, Garlic and Broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily, thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruits which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be taken half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking quickly, allows a lot of air to go into the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many fruit and vegetables.
- Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw and smoking, etc. causes air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk is known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally, then it is alright, but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.
Peptic ulcer indicates the growth of painful ulcers or sores in the lining of your stomach, digestive tract or small intestine. Ulcers, though curable, can result in serious health problems if are not treated at an early stage. Peptic ulcers occur as a result of the reaction of pepsin and stomach acid. There are many causes responsible for the growth of peptic ulcers; they are mentioned below:
- Smoking regularly
- Consuming Alcohol
- Taking medicines like aspirin, painkillers frequently
- Production of excess acid
- Radiation Therapy
The most common symptoms of peptic ulcer are as follows:
- A burning sensation in the stomach
- Vomiting or nausea
- Pain in the abdomen region
- A burning sensation in your heart
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Passage of blood through stool
Homeopathy offers effective remedies for peptic ulcer. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Crotalus horridus: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for treating peptic ulcer. If you show symptoms of frequent vomiting and passage of blood with vomit, then your doctor may recommend you this medicine.
- Graphites: If you experience a burning sensation in your stomach, your doctor may advice you this medicine.
- Uranium Nitricum: It is usually recommended for ulcers in the small intestine region and gastric ulcer.
- Kalkeriya ars: This medicine may be recommended to you by doctors if you show symptoms like pain in your stomach.
- Argentum nit: Your doctor may recommend you this medicine if you show symptoms of vomiting or indigestion.
Along with the aforesaid remedies, a change in lifestyle is also required to cure peptic ulcer completely.