Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abha Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abha SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hai sir/ madam my wife is pregnant now which food she can take and which fruits she can eat please advise me.
I have recently became a father of a child but my wife is not able to breastfeed my child due to very low milk being able to produce .kindly tell me the reason for it and the solution as well. please suggest asap.
I didn't had sex with my boyfriend he just ejaculate near my vagina and I took unwanted 72. Within 10 hours it's been 10 days of my expected date from period still I missing my period please tell me am I pregnant. If am pregnant I don't want to be because am just 18 I want to abort this can I alone go and consult gynae or they need my parents permission for aborting please suggest me I am very much tensed.
Getting your periods for the very first time can be daunting. Especially if you have never been educated about it and you are far away from home and you have no clue about what is going on. The overbearing pain from stomach cramping does not make it any better. It is always good to be on the safe side and keep yourself educated about it.
What is your first period?
Periods are a very natural part of your life as a woman. It happens when the body of a girl undergoes changes and starts maturing into a woman. It happens when blood is expelled out of your uterus to set up your body for maturation and pregnancy. Since your body is transforming, you can get pregnant (and just before your first period as well).
Your period happens once per month and as a rule, lasts between 2-7 days, however, it might take a couple of months for your period to be consistent; the initial few might be light and sporadic. You may think that it is helpful to monitor your period every month, to see when it is expected and when it arrives.
Indications of period
Around the season of your first period, your body shape will get to be distinctly curvier, your hips and bosoms will enhance. You will likewise see more hair developing in new places, under your arms and around your vagina. These are all typical changes and a part of growing up.
What can be the questions which are frequently asked?
Q1 When will you get them?
A. A women hits puberty the age of 12. So you may expect it anytime between 12-16 years of age. Sometimes it is likely for you to get it prior to this age as well.
Q2 How long can it last?
A. Initially your periods may not be regular and it lasts from 5-12 days. But with age, your cycle is likely to get regular and it can get over within 3 days.
Q3 What to do when I get it?
A. Firstly, you must not panic. Go tell a teacher or a parent or any elderly and they will surely help you.
Q4 How do I manage it?
A. There are several options. You can either use sanitary napkins, menstrual cups or tampons.
Q5 Is it possible to exercise or go swimming?
A. Yes, absolutely. If you use hygiene products such as tampons or menstrual cups, you can normally do your activities.
Q6 Does it hurt?
A. Unfortunately, sometimes it does. This happens because the muscles in your uterus are cramping. It usually gets better from the 2nd day of your period. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Diabetes, frequently alluded to by specialists as diabetes mellitus, it depicts a gathering of metabolic illnesses in which the individual has high level of glucose in the blood (blood sugar), either in light of the fact that the production of insulin is insufficient, or on the grounds that the cells of the body don't react appropriately to insulin, or both. Patients with high blood sugar will commonly encounter polyuria (continuous pee), they will turn out to be progressively parched (polydipsia) and hungry (polyphagia).
1. It's the start of the holiday season, which implies heaps of candies, cookies, cakes, and different treats wherever you go. And, numerous individuals with sort 2 diabetes accept that their finding implies they should starve their sweet tooth and say no to these seasonal treats. Yet, is that truly the case?
Joyfully, say experts, the answer is no watchful way to deal with planning your diabetes diet and it implies you don't need to kiss desserts farewell. Yet, to have the capacity to appreciate that pumpkin pie or bit of cake without blame while holding your blood sugar levels in line, you have to know:
- What you are eating
- How much you are eating
- Carbohydrate, sugar, and calorie substance of all that you devour
Impacts: After you eat or drink, your body separates the sugars in your blood and transforms it into glucose. The glucose goes through your bloodstream and gives your body vitality. To fulfill this, your pancreas needs to deliver a hormone called insulin. In a man with (diabetes mellitus), the pancreas either delivers too little insulin or none by any means, or the insulin can't be utilized viably. This permits blood glucose levels to rise while whatever is left of your cells are denied of greatly required vitality. This can prompt a wide assortment of issues influencing about all aspects of your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
5 Reasons your partner doesn’t want to have sex anymore
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution.
When we should start calcium and iron tablet in pregnancy I am 4rth month pregnant my doctor didn't suggested yet to start Which medicine is good for calcium and iron.
Did you know that some carbohydrates can make your blood sugar shoot up faster than others? So, when you eat a lot of these good slower acting carbs, you can potentially control your blood sugar levels. The glycemic index is a handy tool that indicates the slow acting good carbs from the fast bad carbs.
What is glycemic index?
It is a simple number that lets you know how fast your body converts carbohydrates in your food into glucose. Two foods with the same number of carbohydrates can end up having different glycemic index numbers. The bigger the number, the higher impact it has on your blood sugar levels.
- 55 or less is low and good for controlling sugar
- 56-69 is mediocre
- 70 or higher indicates a high number and is not so good
Where to Look for the glycemic index or GI?
Look for the indication on the labels of packaged food. You can also find the glycemic index for common foods on the Internet or ask your dietician for the same. Also, keep in mind that natural foods like fruits and veggies have a lower glycemic index than refined or processed foods.
Benefits of low glycemic diet
If you have diabetes, a diet with low glycemic foods can help you manage your condition better.
- Enhance your cholesterol levels
- Help in weight management
- Reduce risk of heart disease
- Help you stay full for a long time
- Increase your energy levels
- Controls blood sugar spikes
Carbohydrates act as an essential fuel for the body. Instead of limiting all carbs, focus on eating the healthy variants. A glycemic index is a great tool that can quickly help you to identify the good carbs from the bad ones.
Find the right balance
If a food has a high GI, does it mean you should avoid consuming it? Well, not necessarily the glycemic index should not be the prime consideration when making choices about what to eat, you should also consider other nutrients. For example, potato chips have a low GI than oatmeal. Also, the portion size of the food matters. It is good to offset a food high in GI with a food low in GI. If you take a food that has a high glycemic index during the day, be sure to balance it with a food that has a lower glycemic index in the night.
Keep in mind that when you eat a well-balanced meal full of protein, fats and carbohydrates, the digestion of the food that has a high GI slows down and shoots up the blood sugar level. So, it is important to find the right balance.