Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abdul KhaliqYour feedback matters!
I see a black spot on my right leg exactly at centre from knee and ankle. Whenever I touch It feels itchy ann I had to scratch on it to get relief and the skin at that spot feels a bit hard and dry. It release a kind of white dry flakes. I went to a local dermatologist and he prescribed Onabet cream I applied it for some days but of no use. Please suggest what it could be.
I had a dry skin its rough I feel irritated suggest ne smthng so that I can get my face rid of dryness and my skin become smooth.
Hello doctor, I am 33 year old, unmarried girl, my prblm is - tht my face color jst opposite thn my whole skin tone. Face color going to dull day by day bt color of whole body is whitish n color of face is brown bt why? Wat is da reason behind that, m so worry please suggest me how to improve my skin color tone, I want to fair my color. please plz doctor help me.
Mera face jayda tar red rahta hai ya fir jab mai jayda laugh karta hu larta hu toh mera face aur red ho jaata hai. Kindly suggest me some idea to overcome from this problem.
I'm a 23 year old female having sun tan in my leg after being exposed to sun before one month. Can you please reply which cream I should prefer?
Mera chehre ka colour down h apne chehre ki khubsurti aur chehre ka nikhar lane ke liye kya kru but kuch aisa bataye ki rupayo ka invest kam ho kyo ki I am poor man.
I have lump in my breast since start teen age sometimes it gets pain. i am worried about. Please help me.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't' t see any changes. What should I do?
The term exfoliative dermatitis literally means peeling or shedding of the skin. It is also known as erythroderma. This condition is characterized by the reddening and peeling away of large patches of skin all over the body. The skin may also turn rough and scaly and feel painful or itchy. Exfoliative dermatitis is caused by a skin cell disorder, which causes a rapid turnover in skin cells. People suffering from chronic skin conditions such as psoriasis, autoimmune diseases, eczema and seborrheic dermatitis are at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Apart from affecting a person’s appearance, the shedding of skin cells can also cause dehydration and nutritional deficiencies especially of protein and vitamin A and D. The loss of skin cells also makes you vulnerable to serious infections and damage to muscles and bones. It can also lead to hair loss and thickening of nails. Thus it is important to treat this condition as early as possible.
Treatment for this condition depends on a number of factors including the patient’s age, overall health, tolerance to specific types of medication and procedures and extent of reaction. When treating this disease, it is important to identify the root cause as it resists treatment until the root cause has been treated. To do this, a skin biopsy may be needed along with a physical examination and blood tests.
Patients suffering from acute exfoliative dermatitis may also require hospitalization. Hospitalization may also be suggested for elderly patients or people living alone. This is in cases where the condition has affected the patient’s fluid levels and internal body temperature. Emergency treatment can include:
- Discontinuation of medications that may be causing this condition as a side effect
- Application of petroleum jelly on the affected area to reduce fluid loss and prevent secondary infections
- Non adherent dressing of the affected areas if the skin is crusting or weeping
- Correction of body temperature through cooling baths or heated blankets
- Antibiotics and intravenous fluids to combat dehydration
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
What is the normal Haemoglobin count? I have yellowish skin and also fall short of breath after running a small distance. Is this a symptom of anaemia?
I have pain in my anus from last 2-3 days 1st day was very painful When I go to bathroom it increases and also having loss motion.
Hi. One side of my cheek is larger than other side. Is it matter of concern? Please suggest me solution of it.
I am 22 years old female. I have dark lips and dark mouth area. I tried all home made remedies. Nothing worked. What should I do now.
I am 25. I'm male. I have dark circles to eyes. I haven't taken any medication. I want them to be removed. My face should become fair.
Dr. Im using skin lite cream for past 6 months. If I stop tht means my skins becomes dark. Shld I want to continue or tell me some good creams.
My skin became dull and dark, is chemical peeling will help to get my skin fair and glowing? and is chemical is good. If so how much it cost for 1session?
The skin is a delicate organ. And, it has to stand so much damage. From the sun to harsh chemicals in makeup and all of this can damage skin. As you grow old, so does your skin. The most common problem before the twenties is acne; red, painful bumps on skin that show up when you least wanted them. A good face wash and a topical cream would take care of that. But you start running out of luck when puberty ends and your 20s begin.
Changes start occurring as early as 20. Skin will change regardless of your external circumstances. Collagen production lowers by 1 per cent. The collagen provides for skin elasticity. When elasticity reduces gradually over time, your skin starts showing visible signs of aging. Even the skin's natural exfoliation process reduces in your 20s. Your skin has started the process towards aging while you are still young and in college!
You can keep the following tips in mind if you want to help your skin fight aging from your 20s:
- Study has found that there are five landmark ages for aging. The 20s is the first landmark. Natural production of antioxidants declines in your 20s. Hence, using products with ingredients like vitamin C, green tea concentrate, vitamin E and fruit acids can prove to be beneficial.
- Make salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids your best friends. Face washes with a 1% or 2% salicylic acid can help with breakouts. Peels rich in glycolic acid tightens skin and makes it glow. Lactic acid provides much needed moisture.
- Start using an eye cream in your 20s. The skin around your eyes are thinner than the rest of your face. Keeping it nourished and hydrated will prevent wrinkles.
- Don't forget to moisturise your neck. Your neck is an extension of your face. Your neck gets premature folds from looking down at phone screens too much. This is a modern problem; thus your neck needs care too.
- Don't smoke since smoking affects collagen production.
- Sunscreen is a must as you enter your 20s. Skin damage from sun exposure leads to premature aging. So keep applying sunscreen religiously! It will go a long way in keeping your skin youthful.