Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues? And his brest cancer inherited.
I currently on my period. I had clots with bleeding. I underwent abortion 3 months back. Is this a serious problem?
Hello doctor, From last one year I'm suffering from a kind of infection. Every time I use to itch at the infected place &at the infected place skin became black & it spreading to other place. I'm feeding mother if I use medicine can my baby get any kind of health problem due to feeding If no problem for baby means what you kind of medicine I can use.
Hi, I am Omika. I am 27 yr old and got married in June ,14. After six month of marriage, i am not able to conceive. please suggest.
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil
I am 26 years old and breastfeeding. I get leg cramps in the night. I take my meals on time. I drink milk at night but still because of the pain I can't sleep the whole night. Please prescribe any medicines.
I'm 18 year old and my bodyfriend ejaculated on my pant. To be on the safer side I had an ipill within 20 minutes. I had the i pill period after 5-6 days but then from that day till today I have not had my period. It's been more than 1 month. I had some bloating and cramping also. Also I had acne problem but it's all improving also having some back ache. I just want to get my period as soon as possible cause I'm very stressed please help me.
Can ovral g tablets and dienogest tablets be taken together. One doctor prescribed me ovral g for spotting and I went to other doctor who gave dienogest. As these both tablets are hormonal, my doubt is can't these be taken together?
I have pox for 1 week. I noticed brownish vaginal discharge. Is it because of pox or is it something else? What should I do?
My friend told me that she didn't come her monthly period for nearly 2 month, she's had sex with her boyfriend and also they use condom. What's the possible problem for this and which tablet she need to take.
How to make a married conservative lady understand that knowing her sexual orientation is important for her and those surrounding her?
Sir this time I haven't any cyst in ovary or I haven't pcod but I got period flow very low and only two days I have periods but in November this month I have only one day period pls suggest me but I have thyroid problem my tsh level is12. 12 this month I am suffering form hypothyroid and I take 50 mg thyroxine tablet pls tell me what can I do?
Hello Dr. I am 28 years old and had my hair loss due to pcos which is recently diagnosed. What can I do for new hair regrowth? Please suggest.
Am I pregnant? What should I be eating? Is it normal to be this tired? How can I help my partner during labour?
actually my wife is pregnant. I want to know that when she could journey by train. Actually Dr. said that she was pregnant about 2 month now.
Mai 19 saal ki hu. Mere periods suruvat se timely ni aate hai. Pehle to kabhi kabhi 2 mahine ya 3 mahine par aate the. Lakin ab to 15-20 din me hi aa jaate hai. Maine bahut baar hormons ki medicine bhi khai hai. But koi phark ni padta hai. What should I do?
Monsoon is happily welcomed by one and all after a hot summer. But the immunity of the body is reduced in this season as it makes our body defenseless to a lot of diseases that are generally associated with the monsoon season. The temperature at a place goes down when it rains, but it brings along uninvited mosquitoes. Hence, our body immunity must be boosted so that it becomes resistant to any disease. The most prevalent diseases that occur due to a mosquito bite are dengue, malaria, brain fever and filaria.
Methods to treat mosquito bites in monsoon: Water stagnation is caused due to rain and the stagnated water acts as an excellent breeding ground for mosquitoes. Even any pond with still water can produce mosquitoes easily in just 4 days. Mosquito coils and repellents are not that very effective, and they cannot captivate these invaders totally. It is best to make use of home remedies that are helpful as well as harmless than using mosquito repellants that contain chemicals in them.
Effective and simple remedies to treat mosquito bites:
The after effects of a mosquito bites are not only annoying, but also very harmful and it is better that mosquito bites are treated by use of home remedies:
- The most effective anti-itch remedy that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is the use of Ammonia. The acidity or the pH of the skin is changed and ammonia is known to oppose chemical reactions that cause the itching. Dry cotton can be moistened by use of Ammonia and applied to the affected area.
- The other effective method that can be used to treat a mosquito bite is rubbing alcohol on the affected area. Alcohol cures the itch and is even known to minimize the swelling. Alcohol can be poured directly on the affected area or can be applied with cotton.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is an excellent antiseptic that is used to prevent any infection caused due to mosquito bites. It is very important that Hydrogen Peroxide is applied in the right way to reduce the swelling and redness. It is an effective remedy that can be used for kids as well.
- Soap can also be applied on the affected area to provide relief and in case of any irritation, it is better to wash off the area with water immediately.
- To minimize the discomfort caused due to a mosquito bite, toothpaste can be applied to that area. Toothpaste that contains menthol, peppermint as well as baking soda is good for treating a mosquito bite.
There are many other such products that are readily available at home and that can be used to treat mosquito bites like garlic, table salt, ketchup, garlic and cocktail sauce.