Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aanchal Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aanchal AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I tried to have sex with my boyfriend with and without protection on 9th july. We don't complete the intercourse even once as it was very painful. I got her 5 days long menstruation on 20th july and again on 13th august. I am still scared if I am pregnant as I am having symptoms like dry heaving, intermittent nausea after eating, excessive fatigue from few days. Is it possible that I can be pregnant? Should I meet a gynac in person for practical check up ? Please help. I am very worried.
World salt awareness week 20th -26th march 2017
The theme for this year is "salt: the forgotten killer"
So let's see is salt is the spice of life or the hidden culprit.
Sodium is a mineral that occurs naturally in nature as sodium chloride, or common salt.
Since ancient times human beings have been adding salt to their food, at first as a primitive method of preserving it against spoilage, and then as a flavor enhancer. Your body needs a little bit of sodium in order to maintain proper fluid balance, but you can get enough from eating fruits and vegetables.
If a large part of your diet consists of processed and fast foods, you are almost certainly taking in too much salt.
How does body handle sodium.
In the body, sodium is processed by the kidneys. However, when a person eats too much sodium, the kidneys cannot process all of it. The excess sodium ends up in the bloodstream. Because the mineral retains water, the volume of blood in the body increases. As a result, the circulatory system has to work harder to pump the blood. Over time, this added strain on the system can result in heart disease and kidney failure.
According to the harvard school of public health, long-term intake of too much salt can damage the kidneys along with the heart and aorta. Salt intake may also raise blood pressure, which can cause damage to the kidney’s nephrons, which filter wastes.
If you must add salt, use just a pinch sea salt.
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
- Vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
- The occurrence of pain during urination
- The occurrence of pain during intercourse
- Itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
- Vaginal bleeding and spotting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Progesterone is a characteristic female hormone, which is also known as the pregnancy hormone, its percentage is generally higher before and during pregnancy. Progesterone supplementation is regularly important during assisted reproductive technology (ART) systems; for example, In-vitro fertilization (IVF). This is recommended because the medicines you may use during these strategies can change your body's capacity to deliver progesterone. Certain techniques can even expel progesterone delivering cells from your ovaries. All women who wish to end up pregnant need progesterone to help the uterus get ready for and sustain a prepared egg.
Progesterone readies the uterus for pregnancy. After ovulation happens, the ovaries begin to deliver progesterone required by the uterus. Progesterone causes the uterine covering or endometrium to thicken. This readies a strong domain in your uterus for a fertilized egg.
Progesterone sustains the baby. A supply of progesterone to the endometrium keeps on being critical during pregnancy. After an effective implantation, progesterone keeps up a steady domain for the forming baby. Following eight to ten weeks of pregnancy, the placenta takes control of progesterone creation from the ovaries and considerably builds the hormone.
Other sources of progesterone supplements
A few types of progesterone supplements are accessible, including vaginal items that deliver progesterone straight to the uterus. The diverse structures include the following:
1. Vaginal gel:
• Utilized once every day for progesterone supplementation
• Over a time of involvement and more than forty million dosages recommended
• In studies where quiet inclination was measured, a dominant part of women favored the gel for comfort over other progesterone medicines
• Some discharge felt during use
2. Vaginal suppositories:
• Generally utilized yet not FDA-endorsed
• Utilized two to three times each day
• Spillage can be chaotic
3. Vaginal supplements:
• Intended for vaginal use
• FDA-endorsed for progesterone supplementation yet not for progesterone substitution
• Useful in ladies under thirty-fie years; no settled outcomes in women of more than thirty-five years
• Utilized two to three times each day
4. Progesterone oral cases, utilized vaginally:
• Not planned or FDA-affirmed for vaginal utilization
• Less symptoms when it is utilized vaginally rather than orally
• Utilized approximately three times each day
• An oil-based arrangement (now and then called progesterone in oil)
• Generally utilized; most settled strategy for progesterone delivery
• Infused into the bottom once every day
• Requires long, thick needle to enter layers of skin and fat
• Hard to oversee
• Infusions might be difficult
• Skin responses are normal
Progesterone is a vital piece of infertility treatment since it boosts implantation and pregnancy. Human services suppliers regularly have an inclination towards which type of progesterone they recommend for fertility treatment. Their application is by and large in view of their involvement with the different techniques. However, accommodation and demand are likewise critical. Most women lean toward a progesterone definition that is simple, advantageous, and agreeable. Thus, make sure to talk about your choices with your social insurance supplier or your doctor. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
How to stay healthy and hygienic during periods? Is it true not to wash hair during periods. Give some health tips regarding this.
Lasting longer in bed is something you never want to compromise on; as it may lead to self-esteem issues and a feeling of insecurity. Exercises help in building endurance and help you to stand the test of time. It also assists you in building your strength to power your way through the moves. Lasting longer also means increased chances of your partner climaxing.
The exercises that will help you last longer in bed are:
- Plank: The plank is one of the best exercises for core strength. In addition to your mid section, it also works the quadriceps, buttocks and the hamstrings. Increased core strength would mean you can try out various sex positions.
- Deadlifts: Deadlift is an exercise that works the entire body as it helps in building strength. It works the lower back, legs and the forearms to pack on size and build strength.
- Push ups: Push-ups are basic exercises that you can employ to build upper body strength. They can be done anywhere without any equipment; they are also good for your core strength. Make sure you do the exercise with proper form to reap the benefits.
- Squats: Squat is an exercise to build strength in the lower body consisting of the buttocks, thighs and the hamstrings. It also builds hip flexibility, which means you can carry out complex and unusual sex positions like the advanced crab walk. It also implies more thrusting power during the insertion of the penis.
- Bicep curls: Building strength in the arms will help you in executing positions like the “bodybuilder” with ease. Various positions that require arm endurance will also be easier to perform.
- Running: Running builds stamina and helps you lose fat. Make sure to add running to your regimen to increase aerobic endurance in the body which will help you to last longer.
- Bridge: Bridge is a bodyweight exercise to build strength in the lower back, hamstrings and the calves. Try to hold the bridge for a minute, rest for 30 seconds and repeat the procedure six times. Building strength in the buttocks and the hamstrings would make complex positions like the cowgirl a cakewalk.