Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. A. P. GuptaYour feedback matters!
I FEEL NUMBNESS IN MY HAND FINGERS AND PALM SOME DAYS WHILE I WAKE UP FROM SLEEP. WHAT IS THE REMEDY I HAVE PLEASE SUGGEST.
I have back pain from past 2 weeks. I had a pain killers but no use. Kindly suggest me some good tips.
I have a back pain since long time. What should I do? I am in it industry, and had to sit at same place for long. Also I need to carry a heavy laptop daily to work. Please suggest.
She have lower back pain last one and half year. She is not feeling comfortable at the time of sleeping and sitting. Sir please tell me solutions for this problems and medicine name also. I hope you will tell me perfect solution and perfect medicine for this problem. Thanking you Your faithfully Harishankar.
Something happening in my left hand veins. At 3 places it has got stiff, it is elevated, it is paining, unlike other veins I can catch them, are that tumors or something else. Like fat deposition. Earlier it was at only 1 place but then it growed at two more places.
Having acute pain on lowest point of my back. Can walk and sit only straight but cannot bend due to pain. Had not lift anything heavy. What should I do.
My wife 32 years old she is suffering from leg pain all time all day, all report is ok ,she take many medicine by many doctor but not any benefit so DOCTOR you help me.
I am 26 year old and suffering from backache from last 15 days. I have lift 25 litre water gallon and from that day having this problem.
I'm 29yr old female having mid back pain radiating to my rt arm. My vitamin d and calcium levels are fine. Suspecting pain to be of neuropathic origin. Please advice.
I am 19 years old and I feel pain in my neck and back when I wake up and I can't sleep on the ground.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.