Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.K. Sharma
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.K. SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, My wife 20 years old. She having epilepsy and taking episeize tablet 1500 mg every day as per doctor prescription. We are planning to pregnancy and she having irregular period also and going to take fertility from DGO doctor. If taking fertility related tablet and episeize table both will affect seizures. Please suggest me what are things follow while taking episeize planning pregnancy and after pregnancy.
Is there any side affects of having marijuana. I want to quit from it but I can't. Please suggest me.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir, I am facing the problem of ocd from last 5 years but gradually it has grown, It has hampered my studies, personal & professional life as well. The rituals that I keep performing has left me disgusted with myself but if I don't do it the anxious feeling is worse it never allows me to settle down, It also hampers my sleep. In short it has taken away all the peace & happiness from my life.
Am so depressed. I think about some stuffs and get angry. I don't want to think Abt it but it's just appearing. I couldn't sleep at night. But I wake late at morning. Am skipping my food. I don't no what to do so?
I have a fear that whatever I will read either in my books or anywhere I will not be able to understand it so how to overcome this fear.
I am 23 years old girl. Taking sertraline 100 mg and amisulpride 50 mg. I am falling love with lover. But they cheat me. I trust them I thing that they marry me, so I have sexual relations with them. But they all cheat me. And all my friends Cheated me.
All of us undoubtedly experience the hasty pace of life. There are invariable pressures at work and home which load us up with fear and worries, but when this anxiety becomes a disruptive force in our life and begins to dominate our behavior, and starts interfering with work, school, family life it calls for treatment. Anxiety is an emotional turmoil that may incorporate many different feelings and symptoms.
Adults are not the only ones who get stressed out, children are also vulnerable to stress. Some children experience anxiety and may struggle to amend to new situations such as school and friendships, may feel unusually insecure or have intense fear of the dark, insects, animals or other creatures.
Causes of Anxiety Neurosis:
The reason why it occur is very difficult. It is illunderstood also. Socio-economic reason is also precipitating factor - like loss of job, continues target or goals in jobs which are increasing everyday pressure.
Imbalance of certain chemicals in the brain.
Alcohol, caffeine and certain drugs.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder (neurosis):
Unnecessary, unrealistic and uncontrollable worry about everyday things.
Trembling and dizziness.
Feeling of hopelessness and Pessimism.
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat anxiety but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved homeopathy medicines are available for treatment of anxiety disorders that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
If you do not want to opt for allopathic medicines or go into immediate counselling to relieve yourself of anxiety disorders, then the best option for you at hand would be to try and follow homoeopathy. Homeopathy is often seen as an alternate form of medicine and does not have any side effects as such. Thus, it is often preferred by many people.
Anxiety should not be left to accumulate in the body. Thus, it is necessary to treat it as soon as possible with whichever means that would suit your body. Homeopathy is just one form of treatment. It is advised if the results are not as you desire, then you should opt for a medical practitioner who might be able to help you further.