Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am a 47 year old housewife. We are regular takers of cows milk. After reading your article I would like to know that is the consumption of milk so much harmful. Should we stop taking it on a daily basis?
I am not increased weight and height in last two years but I want increased height and weight how is it possible?
I have type 1 IDDM diabetes. I am I lower weight, should I increase. Diet is ok, but it is not increased.
Hiii sir my name is rohit kumar yadav age 24 years weight 48 kg I am vegetarian I want to gain weight please help me.
I want to gain some weight approximately 5 kg please give me some beneficial suggestions which is good for me I am vry thank fully ti you sir.
What are High protein food which we can take daily and access of which has no any side effect. I want to increase level of protein in my body as per doctors I am facing leg muscles pain and hair graying due to low protein level.
I qm having severe headache and body pains from last 2 days tried few medicines and home remedies but didn't workout please suggest me suitable medicines.
Hi doctors, I have like a stone at one side of my chest. When I search about it in net I get to know that they called it Gynecomastia. I have been suffering from this from 3-4 year. One side of the extra mass got vanished automatically but the other side is still there and I am feeling very uncomfortable while go bare chest or in tight t shirt. I have been to gym for last 1 year and I have a well build body but do not see any significant change in that extra mass. So please kindly refer some tested home made solution by which I can get rid from it as soon as possible.
Fruits are a superfood category of their own. They are the powerhouse of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants and an excellent contribution to your diet. Here are ten fruits you should be eating daily:
- Apples: There is a reason why an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are filled with antioxidants, soluble and insoluble fibre and quercetin. Antioxidants boost your immunity and the fibre provides you with energy and maintains a healthy bowel, while quercetin has anti-allergy and antihistamine (compounds which curb the effects of histamine, primarily used to treat allergies) properties.
- Grapes: Grapes contain an antioxidant named resveratrol, which prevents heart diseases and premature aging of your cells. In addition, they are also great sources of folate and vitamin B6, C and A which contribute to a healthier immune system.
- Bananas: Bananas have low sodium and high potassium levels. Thus, they are extremely beneficial in maintaining blood pressure and preventing strokes. Bananas also contain protease inhibitors, which prevent stomach ulcers (protease is a digestive enzyme that produces acid).
- Strawberries: Strawberries might be small, but they do pack a lot of nutrients! A handful of strawberries daily can prevent diabetes type 2, inflammations and heart disease. They are also rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
- Papaya: Papayas contain a substance called ‘papain’ which is an incredible digestive stimulant. They also contain large amounts of folate, which helps in proper DNA repair and synthesis.
- Oranges: Oranges provide you with vitamin C and potassium, which are essential for enhanced muscle and digestive functions. The membrane between orange segments contains hesperidin, which has been proven to reduce cholesterol.
- Kiwi: Kiwi contains more vitamin C than oranges which grants them the ability to prevent DNA damage and also helps reduce risks of developing cataracts.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants which aid in fighting cancer and macular degeneration (an eye disease which results in vision loss). They also contain compounds that protect you from urinary tract infections.
- Lemon: Lemons contain citric acid, which effectively lowers cholesterol and cuts down on body fat. Citric acid is also an excellent digestive stimulant. Also, the refreshing scent of lemons reduces anxiety, nervousness and fatigue.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is an excellent appetite suppressant, which cuts down on your cravings. It also contains a soluble fibre named ‘pectin’, which lessens the development of atherosclerosis (build-up of cholesterol and fats on the walls of the artery). However, refrain from consuming grapefruit if you are on prescription medications.
When I bend my left leg or stand on leg, pain in below part of knee and pain is for very short Period .this is started from last one month So what is problem and what can I do to solve This problem?
I don't eat to much am getting skinny I was 60 kg now 56 which medicine or liquid should I get my digestion systems is week I guess I want to gain weight how?
Iam 18yrs old and my height is5.11 my weight is 45kgs and my body is so skinny how can I gain weight.
1. Eat 5 to 6 meals a day
In order to gain weight, you need to start eating 5-6 meals a day. However, it is important that you break these meals into parts, as eating a lot at once may result in indigestion and your body may not be able to absorb all the nutrients. It may be possible that you won't find yourself hungry 3 hours after eating lunch, but eat anyway and notice how your appetite increases from day to day. Also, be sure to include healthy foods in your diet for a healthy weight gain.
2. Weight train at least 3 times a week
When you train with weights, your muscles grow. Also, it is important that you gradually keep increasing the weight with which you train. As you train, your strength will increase. For instance, if you are doing lateral pulldowns with 30 kilos of weight, try and increase it to 35 kilos the next time. Read more to find out how you can do weight training at home. Also, read about strength training exercises for women.
3. Consume 300-500 calories more
Eating 300-500 calories more than your normal intake may not be easy, but you must do it if you want to stop being skinny. Make sure you don't do it just by overeating at once, but instead do it gradually over the whole day.
4. Work out your entire body
There are some muscles you can clearly see and admire in the mirror and some muscles you cannot. A lot of gym goers usually train only the muscles on their arms, chest and shoulders and this is a grave error. Firstly, it will give you a disproportionate body that not many people like. Also, it will make you prone to injuries. Therefore, make sure you workout for entire body for a complete look. Here are some yoga poses for weight gain.
5. Load up on protein
As informed earlier, you have to consume 300-500 more calories than your normal intake every day. You can do this by eating protein-rich foods like cheese, meat, eggs, etc.
6. Drink your calories
It may be tough to meet your calorie requirements by just eating. Drinking milk, milkshakes or protein shakes with little or no sugar can be a great way to load up on the required calories. Here are some healthy options for weight gain.
7. Try and eat fast (but don't choke on it)
People who are trying to lose weight are advised exactly the opposite but for the same reason. Your body takes some time to give signals of satiety which is why eating fast can help you eat more.
8. Focus on recovery after each workout
Stretching exercises, showers, foods rich in carbohydrates can help recover your body significantly. Try the wheat germ recipe after a nice workout for instant energy. Also, you should aim for 8 hours of sleep as inadequate sleep can cause several problems.
9. Be patient with yourself
Hoping to gain weight quickly in a healthy manner is unrealistic. Even if you follow all the advice that is there, you may end up gaining just 1-2 kilos in a month. Everybody is different, and just because you are not seeing results in terms of weight gain, you shouldn't feel discouraged. Living healthy by eating the right diet will make you feel better and more positive about life and increase your strength.
10. Believe in yourself
Following your regimen may seem incredibly difficult if you don't believe that you will one day be able to transform your body. If you are not seeing any gains even after working so hard, work harder. Eat more, lift more and stay inspired. You may also read tips to maintain your figure.