Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.K.Dhingra
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.K.DhingraYour feedback matters!
I have brown spots called melasma over m cheek area n above upper lips .my age is 24 n I am suffering from this problem past 2 years .i have tried some of the remedies but it didn't work.
I have black spots on my face. I want to get rid of them what care should I have to take and is there any natural methods to get rid of them in two weeks.
I'm 17 year old and I had a self harming problem when I was 15 and the scars are still visible after 2 years. I want a permanent solution for this.
I am 21 years old last march month I was involving in the bike accident one scar on my neck in the left side. How to treat that. It was no response by the treatment with the MEDERMA.
My skin got black colour due to the use of some creams to reduce pimples. Will I get my skin to normal colour again?
I am 8 months pregnant using Eukroma plus cream for skin lighting on my face any Side effects during pregnancy if I apply cream on face?
Respected Doctor: I'm 39 old man, sir I have wrinkles on my face. How can disappear these wrinkles. Please give me suggestion.
My face gets dark more back side neck. Some times I turn good .I consult doctor he give me test it was Clear. Please tell me what should I do. Sometimes having constipation.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!