Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A.K.Dhingra
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.K.DhingraYour feedback matters!
The complexion of a person is determined by a pigment known as melanin. More the amount of melanin in a person, darker the complexion. The benefit of melanin is effective sun protection, and it prevents damage from sun exposure.
We have noticed people with dark (brown/black) spots that are darker than the surroundings skin. Commonly affected areas are the face, neck, hands, back, etc. These are melanin concentrated areas and become more visible in fair complexioned people. They are caused due to overproduction of melanin by the melanocytes, which are responsible for the production of melanin.
Now, what causes freckles is not clearly established, though the following are proposed.
- Exposure to sunlight: The cells responsible for melanin production absorb the sun and therefore produce excessive melanin. This is a natural defence mechanism of the skin.
- Ethnicity: Races with white skin are more likely to have freckles than races with darker skin.
- Weather: Some people tend to have freckles only in the summer with fairly clear skin during the winter.
- Genetics: If your parents or siblings have freckles, the chances of you having it are quite high.
- Tanning: Whether by natural means of greater exposure to the sun or artificially done if the salon, increases the chances of developing freckles.
Treatment: There are rumours stating that freckles are “angel kisses,” and “good night charms” and should not be removed as it would bring bad fortune. This is, however, not true and for purely cosmetic reasons, they need to be removed. The commonly affected age group (<30) also is cosmetically sensitive, and therefore the need to treat these.
Prevention is the best and the first solution. Whether by race, heredity, or lifestyle, if you are prone to develop freckles, ensure you are taking the necessary steps to avoid getting freckles in the first place. Avoid sun exposure without sun protection, avoid tanning, and you will be surprised how you can actually prevent freckles. Watch out for weather changes and avoid sun exposure. Reducing the amount of sun exposure can also help in keeping the freckles light, thereby not making too much of a cosmetic concern.
If prevention is not possible, some of the effective treatment measures include:
- Topical creams: These contain bleaching agents like Retin-A. One disadvantage though is that it acts on the entire skin and not just the freckles.
- Laser: A beam of the laser is used to get rid of the unwanted melanocytes which produce melanin. It also improves skin tone and colour.
- Cryotherapy: Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the melanin-producing cells, thereby removing freckles.
After treating freckles, preventing freckle formation with limiting sun exposure and sun protection is extremely essential.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As I was using melacare for some months but now I do not want to use that chemical. Because dat chemical made my face now dusky colour so what should I use to get my fair colour again. To get result instantly.
How to cure itching and scratch of skin after use of hair dye Suggest me the hair dye with no skin reaction.
Sir if any one have white patches inside mouth checks and swollen node left side of neck. From whom (Doctor) this to be checkedup.
Doctor I have sensitive and mild dry skin can you please suggest me which compact or loose powder I should use and face wash for my skin. I have been suggested Vichy by dermatologist but that's too expensive can you please suggest me some other brand which is not that too expensive.
I am 36 year old male from last two months just above my anus puss started to come. It comes in every few days I don't have any pain as such very little amount of puss comes and its not affecting my daily routine just when puss about to leak little pain or irritation I notice is that anal fissure or something else and suggest me treatment I don't wanna see doctor.
Sir, my face is very oily. In the period between the nose and the eye is stained and the light is Rona. The size of the open pores of the face is also grown significantly. please help me.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.