Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for SR Krishna HospitalYour feedback matters!
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
If you've ever thought about how to rejuvenate your skin and make yourself look younger, chances are that you've heard about chemical peels. As the name suggests, getting a chemical peel involves the application of a chemical on the skin that causes the top layer to peel off. By doing this, a new layer of skin is exposed that is usually smoother than before. Chemical peels are often misunderstood and surrounded by a number of myths.
Let's take a look at three common myths about this procedure.
- All chemical peels are the same: All chemical peels are definitely not the same. Chemical peels can be categorized as light or superficial peels, medium peels and deep peels. A light peel removes only the top layer of skin to make your skin look brighter and reduce wrinkles. Medium depth chemical peels penetrate deeper into the skin and are used to treat sun damage and pigmentation. Deep peels are the strongest type of peels that penetrate into the dermal layers of the skin. They are rarely performed nowadays. Chemical peels also vary on the basis of the chemical used.
- It involves a long recovery: Though the process itself may not take long, the recovery time depends on the type of chemical peel procedure you have undergone. A superficial peel has virtually no recovery time and can be performed even during a working day's lunch break. Medium depth peels can cause discomfort for about an hour after the procedure and can take a few days to heel. During this time, your skin may look patchy and inflamed and may feel itchy. With a deep peel, the skin may heel in 2-3 weeks but usually remains red for a few months.
- It is beneficial only if you have a dermatological issue: You don't need to suffer from a skin problem to undergo a chemical peel. Many women undergo a chemical peel simply to give their skin a glow and to brighten their skin. It can remove wrinkles and uneven skin pigmentation while making the skin smoother and softer to touch. Along with the face, chemical peels can also be done on the neck, chest, back and arms. Chemical peels can do wonders for your skin as long as you choose the right peel for your skin and it is performed safely.
I am 26 year girl, but my hair is very less even my scalp is visible, please provide some home remedies for it.
Hair fall from five years. I masturbate weekly thrice. But my friends told that masturbating results in hair loss.
The most important part of skincare is keeping your skin cleansed and fresh. But before that, it is imperative to find the right product for the same. Skin type varies from person to person, and hence finding skincare goods most suited to your skin makes all the difference.
Bathing habits directly affect the quality of your skin, which involves picking the appropriate cleanse; i. E. Choosing between a body soap and body wash. Each has a different set of characteristics and comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's find out which one is better for your skin.
Why you should choose bathing soap bar:
- it is more effective in removing dirt through deep cleansing
- it is suited to skin that is excessively oily in nature as it contains ingredients that are highly effective in stripping off excess oil from the skin
Why you should not choose bathing soap bar:
- it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture, making it dry and flaky
- it is unhygienic in case of sharing between individuals as soaps tend to accumulate the dirt from your skin due to direct body contact
Reasons to pick a body wash:
- it has a very mild and gentle effect on the skin in comparison to soaps
- it keeps the skin moisturized by preserving natural oils
- it is more hygienic than bar soaps in case of interpersonal sharing
- it is the most suitable option for dry skin
Reasons to ditch a body wash:
- it contains a large amount of artificial additives and preservatives that can do more harm to your skin than good, giving rise to allergic reactions in some cases
So, who's the winner of the two?
You must certainly base the choice on what's best for your skin type. Body soap is more compatible with oily skin while dry skin is better suited for body wash. A body wash, however, is much more gentle on your skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Can I use g16 lotion for my fishy scale. The problem was from birth for my sister too. We both are suffering from this problem. Can we use g16 lotion it is helpful to us? It will cure life time suggest me.
Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are taken from a donor site (usually the side or back of the head) and implanted on the recipient site that is on the area of baldness. This is a common treatment for men with androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) where the hair follicles reduce due to the influence of androgenic hormones. It can also help women with female pattern baldness. Many people have reservations about the procedure but hair transplantation comes with a number of advantages, such as:
- Natural growth after surgery: The biggest and most obvious benefit of hair transplantation is that it improves your physical appearance and eliminates the problem of balding completely. This is because the implanted hair follicles continue their natural growth process after they have been transplanted. So, your hair does not look artificial. Premature bald spots often result in low self-esteem and self-confidence issues which can be effectively addressed by the surgery.
- Uniform distribution of hair follicles: Hair transplantation with latest techniques gives natural distribution of hair and proper coverage of bald areas
- Easy procedure and no side effects: The operation is done under local anaesthesia . You will feel no pain throughout the procedure. Very comfortable procedure and you will be awake throughout the procedure. This surgery is done at the level of skin and this is not related to the brain. There is no side effects of this surgery. Today, the surgeons mostly use micro grafts which are placed in such a way that all bald spots are covered with minimal effort.
- One time procedure : Hair transplantation is the only permanent solution of baldness. No medical treatment for baldness is permanent. Once the hair transplantation has been done, it lasts a lifetime. .Since the grafts are made of your own hair, they continue to grow naturally throughout your lifetime allowing you to cut or style your hair as you wish. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Oily skin is a condition that can be characterized by shine on the skin and a large number of pores. The oil in question is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum. This can result in acne and blackheads. Summer is a time of the year where skin problems due to oily skin are worsened by factors such as sweat and dust. So proper skin care is necessary in order to negate the effects of oily skin.
There are multiple ways to handle this condition in summers:
1. Using cleansers - Proper cleaning of skin is a very important step in lessening the effects of oily skin. Harsh cleansers have an opposing effect as they facilitate secretion of oil, so a mild cleanser is usually the best option. Some cleansers may contain ingredients that irritate the skin, so care is advised in selecting a proper one.
2. Hydration and food - Keeping the body well hydrated in summers combined with a diet free of greasy, oily food and less fats can help in reducing the effects of oily skin.
3. Using masks to clear the face - Masks such as clay masks, yogurt, and baking soda can help in cleansing the skin by clearing the oil. It should be noted that these treatments should not be overdone as they can cause the skin to dry up too much and over secrete oil.
4. Skin moisturizers - People often have this notion that oily skin does not require moisturizer application. Selecting a moisturizer that is fit for oily skin and using it will help moisturize the skin and keep it healthy.
5. Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a necessity during summers, and the sunscreen you choose should be specifically for oily skin in order for it to work effectively. Application of sunscreen can help prevent the UV rays of the sun from penetrating the skin and cause complications.
6. Dermatological treatment - In case of severe oiliness, treatments such as chemical peels and creams laced with tretinoin can help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Receding hairlines is a typical worry for both men and women. Since it influences appearance, it is a sensitive theme for most individuals. There is a whole host of hair care products available in the market right from shampoos, oils to creams which to some extent may have a positive effect on your hairline. Apart from this it is important to have the right type of foods that gives the much needed care and support to the hair. Some of these nourishments won't just avoid hair fall in addition they enhance the nature of your hair and general wellbeing.
With every one of the brands offering amla hair care products, the significance of vitamin c for hair is self-evident. Vitamin c is in charge of delivering collagen that keeps the hair tissues together. Inadequacy of vitamin c can bring about split ends of broken hair strands, fragile hair that breaks quite easily. Next time you shop organic products, recollect to pick citrus natural products like orange, amla, strawberries, kiwi and grapefruit.
Oats contain a large number of essential vitamins and minerals that are required by the body and specifically for hair. Having oats for breakfast is the ideal approach to guarantee a solid breakfast and provides a lot of nourishment for your hair. Oats alongside honey can likewise be utilized as a conditioner for hair.
Another nourishing factor for hair is eggs, they contain key nutrients like vitamin b complex, omega 3 unsaturated fats, zinc and iron. They provide the strengthening factor to the hair and breakage of hair is minimized. Eggs likewise contain biotin which is another essential supplement required for hair development. Applying egg alongside curd on the hair acts as an amazing protein pack for the hair.
Notwithstanding being useful for your eyes, carrot is extremely valuable for the scalp as well. Carrots enhances blood flow to the head consequently prevents hair fall and damage, improves the growth rate of the hair. They can be included in your meal as salads or for that matter drink a glass of carrot juice or just have a raw one as you please.
Seeds like sesame, pumpkin, chia, flax, and sunflower contain l-lysine which is an amino acid promoter general well beingof hair. Since these seeds contain high measure of calories, ensure you eat in measured quantities.
6. Lean protein
The body replaces normal hair loss with growth of new hair. Protein is the building block for growth and chicken is a rich source of protein. Eating 100 grams of chicken a day is recommended. Vegetarians can substitute chicken with chickpea, quinoa or lentils.
The human body has the capacity to replace normal hair loss with growth of new hair strands. Protein is the base for hair growth and chicken is a rich soruce of protein. Eating 100 grams of chicken a day is prescribed. Vegans can substitute chicken with lentils, chickpea, and quinoa.
Walnuts are incredible for the hair containing vitamin b, iron, protein, zinc and loads of omega 3 unsaturated fat. Aside from walnuts, almonds and cashews additionally avert hair-fall and advance hair generation. Eating a modest quantity of nuts every day ought to be sufficient for normal hair growth.
Eating these nourishments is the ideal approach for your hair as well as they help general wellbeing of your body. Incorporate these simple changes to your eating regimen and get that lustrous hair that you have been yearning for. As you invest in a host of insurance products so is the case for investing in general well being of your health in order lead a happy life. Stay healthy, stay happy, stay hydrated!