Doctor in Sir Ganga ram Hospital-Delhi
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Sir Ganga ram Hospital-DelhiYour feedback matters!
I met with an accident and got a crack or fracture on my left collarbone. Now I am hearing some crackle sound whenever I move my shoulder. I don't feel much of pain in certain position of my shoulder and hand but at time I feel a sharp pain which goes off when I adjust my shoulder. Let me tell this that I don't feel any pain other than that. But I am just trying to keep my shoulder still as much as I can. Can you please suggest anything?
Homeopathy has a big role to play in curing and managing joint pains. Usually, joint pains are managed by giving pain killers and anti-inflammatory medicines and there is no permanent cure for them in the allopathic system of medicine. There are also many instances where joint pain symptoms go undiagnosed.
Homeopathy is a symptom- based system of medicine which can help in joint pains of all sorts.
Read on for indicated homeopathic remedies for joint pains-
- Rhus Tox is the number one homoeopathic remedy for joint pains. Your doctor will prescribe it for curing you if your joint pains are extreme after rest and they get better after you start walking around.
- Bryonia Alba is another super effective homoeopathic remedy for joint pains. This medicine is given when your joint pains get worse after moving about and subside after rest. This most often happens in osteoarthritis pains where the joints are eroded and inflamed. Bryonia is also used when there is inflammation around the joints causing swelling.
- Ledum Pal is a great homoeopathic remedy for gout where the small joint of the toe, for example, gets inflamed. Colchicum, and Formica rufa or ‘crushed live ants’ are both excellent for chronic gout and stiffness in joints.
- Causticum is indicated whenever there is a severe tearing pain in limbs and this gets relieved by hot fomentation. Here cold air increases pain.
- Arnica Montana helps treats pain and soreness in the whole body due to diffused joint pains. Arnica is also a great for relieving pain in joints due to an injury.
- Actea Spicata helps when the joints of the hands are affected and especially the wrist joints. Rheumatic pain in small joints of hands and wrist can be treated very well using Actea.
- Chinum Sulph is the most indicated homoeopathic medicine whenever there is sudden onset of joint pains all over the body like in the sudden onset of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Pulsatilla is an excellent homoeopathic remedy for shifting pains in joints. The pains move from one joint to another. Phytolacca is also indicated when there are shifting joint pains but this shifting is very sudden and severe.
- Colchicum is also a great homeopathic remedy for severe joint pains due to rheumatoid arthritis.
- Kali bichromicum can treat muscle pains due to fibrositis which causes pain in small spots.
- Fibromyalgia is another musculo-skeletal disorder that causes diffuse tenderness and pains in the muscles. Remedies such as Rhus tox are very useful in treating it.
Homoeopathic remedies are also very effective in the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis. If you have this disease that causes deformities in joints, running in your family, consult a homoeopath for a good constitutional homoeopathic remedy which will prevent rheumatoid arthritis from developing fully. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in. However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you.
Here are some of them:
1. Take Omega-3 fatty acids
Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
2. Take Vitamins and olive oil
Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. Vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while Vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
3. Eat ginger and broccoli
Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.
4. Avoid injury
Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
5. Control your weight
This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at Johns Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
Strengthening your muscles around your joint decrease the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am experiencing pain in muscles immediately below shoulders and arms. It was on left side for many years and now have started on right hand too. At times it is so obstructive that I could not move even a glass of water at some angles. What is the reason and remedy for it Thanks Charan.
How should you approach pain caused due to sports injuries?
Sports injuries can happen to any person who engages in sporting activities. These affect full-time athletes as well as those who partake in sports and exercising on an occasional basis. Most sports injuries are acute and affect the muscles and skeletal system. Usually, they are not chronic unless caused by a grave accident or left untreated.
The most common types of injuries caused due to sports are as follows:
Treatment of sports injuries depends on a number of factors such as the type of injury, part of the body affected, the intensity of the pain, and the patient's age and medical history.
Accordingly, the most common ways of approaching the pain caused by sports injuries are:
- Immediate remedies: Several quick aid, home remedies are used to treat pain that is caused by minor injuries to muscles, such as sprains and strains. It involves alleviation of pain through rest, using ice packs and hot water bags, wearing supports and elastic compression bandages.
- Medication: Many medicines such as painkillers and anti-inflammatory pills, creams and sprays effectively reduce pain caused by sports injuries. In extreme cases, morphine and codeine are also prescribed.
- Physical therapy: A number of injuries can be treated and cured through certain exercise and workout routines. These aim at stretching and strengthening the affected area to provide pain relief through increased flexibility and muscle activity.
- Injections: Various substances and chemical compounds can be injected into the injured area which works on the affected ligaments, tendons, and cartilage to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Surgical procedures: This is generally resorted to in case of damage to the skeleton in the form of broken bones and cracked ribs.
- Interventional Pain relieving procedures: These include regenerative or stem cell therapy, and neuromodulation techniques using radio frequency current. They may result in best results without any tissue cutting or damage. A pain specialist may be able to help you best in that case.
Devising the exact treatment method requires a thorough examination of the injury. Diagnosis can only be provided after taking into consideration the many factors that affect treatment. The method of treatment varies from case to case and consequently, the recovery time also differs. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!