Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Shree Jeevan HospitalYour feedback matters!
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring.
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures such as scar excision to non invasive procedures such as cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and - the cause for dissatisfaction
- functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- patient's expectations
- location of the scar
- quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an over production of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.
Vaginal fungal infection, otherwise called candidiasis, is a typical female condition. Fungal infections are brought on by the growth Candida. This growth is connected with extreme itching, swelling, and irritation. Every fungal infection is distinctive. Therefore, your doctor will recommend a treatment that is best for you. Medicines are by and large decided depending upon the seriousness of the infection.
A particular type of yeast called Candida albicans brings about most of the fungal infections. These fungal infections are effectively treatable. In case you are having repeating infections or issues disposing of an infection with ordinary treatment, then an alternate form of Candida may be the cause. A lab test can tell your doctor which sort of Candida you have. Here are a few ways with which you can deal with vaginal fungal infections:
For simple fungal infections, your specialist will mostly recommend the following treatment(s):
- A one to three-day application of an antifungal cream, balm or tablet Normal antifungal medicines is butoconazole (Gynazole), miconazole (Lotrimin), Monistat, and terconazole (Terazol). These medicines can be either prescribed or available over-the-counter.
- A solitary intake of oral medicine, for example, fluconazole (Diflucan).
- Women with simple fungal infections need to follow up with their specialist to make sure whether the medicine worked. A follow-up will likewise be important if your symptoms return within two months.
Certain types of Candida will not react to simple treatment and will require a more forceful strategy. In case you meet one of the following criteria, your specialist will more likely tell you that your fungal infection is an extreme one.
Conceivable medications for extreme or complicated vaginal fungal infections include:
- 14-day cream, balm, tablet, or suppository vaginal treatment
- A few measures of fluconazole (Diflucan)
- Long-term medicine of fluconazole (Diflucan) that is taken once a week for six weeks.
- Treatment of your sexual partner or use of condoms while having intercourse.
You can treat vaginal fungal infections with regular cures in case that you might want to abstain from taking physician-recommended medicine. These are some mainstream normal cures:
- Tea tree oil cream
- Garlic or boric acid vaginal balms
- Plain yoghurt taken orally or applied into the vagina
Here are some normal strategies for counteractive action:
- Abstain from wearing tight jeans, underwear, tights, or stockings
- Abstain from utilising female antiperspirant or antiperspirant tampons or cushions
- Try not to roam around in wet clothes, particularly swimsuits
- Eat an all around adjusted diet
- Eat yoghurt or eat foods with lactobacillus
- Wear soft clothing, for example, cotton, cloth, or silk
- Abstain from sitting in hot tubs
- Wash clothes in warm water
- Abstain from using hot water bags
- Throw away old underwear as often as possible
One of the most common issues with old age in men is the enlarged prostate. Any difficulty with urination (no constant stream, difficulty initiating, or incomplete emptying of the bladder for instance), and the first suspect is an enlarged prostate. These symptoms are followed by a digital rectal exam to check for an enlarged prostate. Once confirmed, the next step is to check for levels of prostate-specific antigen (PSA). If both the exam and the PSA are positive, it could mean prostate cancer. As with any cancer, it is believed that sooner it is diagnosed and the treatment is started, the better.
Historically, the best way to rule out the prostate cancer had been to do a prostate biopsy. This is a minor invasive procedure, wherein biopsies are taken from various regions of the prostate which are known to develop cancer (about 12). A disadvantage of this procedure includes missing out on the front part of the prostate which can also develop cancer. Secondly, it is not a very pleasant experience and given a chance, most men would not want to have it done.
There is good news for these men who would like to avoid prostate biopsies. The first is the multiparametric MRI which uses no x-rays and is considered very safe with extremely accurate results. This MRI exam requires about an hour, and once the images are obtained, the doctor will analyse these images and check for several parameters to assess for prostate cancer. The absence of cancer can be confirmed with up to 90% accuracy, which is far greater than with usual biopsies. If there is a possibility of cancer, then a biopsy can be done to confirm it.
Also, these images indicate the exact region where cancer likely is, and this guides the doctor to biopsy only where absolutely essential. The chances of false positive and false negative results are reduced drastically. The one disadvantage here is that MRI detected biopsies usually tend to be of a higher grade which requires immediate treatment.
Another way to reduce chances of the biopsy by 30% to 50% is by the 4K test. It helps detect a variety of prostate issues including cancer. It can be used once higher levels of PSA is identified and before going for a biopsy. It combined 4 prostate-specific biomarkers with clinical information to accurately provide men with a risk of developing prostate cancer. It can be used even after negative biopsies to confirm the diagnosis of prostate cancer.
These two measures can drastically reduce the incidence of prostate biopsies, which is neither pleasant for the patient nor very effective for the doctor.
Hi Sir, my age 19 sir me black hu Kya ap mujhe koi gora hone wali medicine bata sakte hai please help me sir.
Hi sir, I need a small clarification regarding scar ointment to apply on my forehead due to 6 stitches on my forehead and it was removed, and please advise me to use which ointment to change that scar into skin colour.
The sudden change in the looks, color or texture of the skin indicates the skin diseases. This can result in swelling, chapping, itching, blistering etc. that can or can’t accompany with pain. The skin disorder may be localized on the specific part or may spread to the whole body; this disease is known as Atopic Dermatitis. The discomfort or pain of this disease also creates an awkward condition with looks. Many skin diseases like pimples, eczema, rashes, and fungal infections along with Atopic Dermatitis much more are commonly found in the people. Measles, rubella, roseola, chicken pox these are common skin diseases found in children. In some conditions, the blistered and inflamed skin can be very painful and the virus infection can continue to chickenpox.
The factors causing Atopic Dermatitis are as wide ranging as the kinds of diseases it. The Atopic Dermatitis can be caused due to heat, immune system weakness, infections, medications, and allergy with chemicals like rubber, cosmetics, detergents, soaps, dyes, etc.
Even the skin type and the various alcohols based or infrequent shampooing is also responsible for the skin problems. Some uncontrolled factors like aging, fatigue, weather and fatigue can often develop skin diseases gradually.
Many healthcare systems are available and assure the treatment for Atopic Dermatitis but they can only reduce the symptoms of the problem, whereas homeopathy treatment provides complete cure from the all the symptoms. Homeopathy remedies directly target the deep root cause of Atopic Dermatitis and remove them with the constant use of prescribed medicines. Homoeopathy treatment for Atopic Dermatitis is safer and successful as compared to other healthcare systems. The naturally extracted homeopathy remedies are side effect less and help people to escape from the crucial symptoms of this disease. Homoeopathy treatment and medicine for Atopic Dermatitis initiate the process from taking the case studies to know the hidden root cause of the diseases. The expert physician suggests the Best homeopathy medicine for Atopic Dermatitis to recover permanently. This is a cost effective system and assures the prevention of recurrence as well.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Kindler’s Syndrome is a rare skin blistering disease named after Theresa Kindler. It is a kind of skin complication which forms skin blisters and lesions on the mucous membranes. This can happen in any part of your body but mainly concentrates on the area where you have experienced any frictions, bruises or minor trauma, especially on the feet and the hands. In some rare occurrences of Kindler’s Syndrome, it can develop on the internal organs like the food pipe, stomach or the respiratory tract.
This disease generally occurs if you suffer from a disorder called autosomal recessive. It means that you may have inherited an anomalous gene from each parent. It usually happens during childhood and reduces as you age.
Some of the symptoms of Kindler syndrome are:
- Blisters occurring on the body in your infancy and periods of early childhood.
- Slowly you will observe altered pigmentation and cutaneous atrophy (A severe dermal condition).
- Blistering due to certain skin trauma appearing on the hands and feet.
- Some observe abnormalities like dental or ophthalmic
- The growth of actinic Keratoses
Kindler’s Syndrome requires a specialized dermatologist for the treatment. In some countries, diagnosis involves skin biopsy. It involves undergoing Immunofluorescence Antigen Mapping or transmission of Electron Microscopy. Blood testing of genes is slowly being developed as a diagnostic test.
Other treatments involve: