Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for Sewa CentreYour feedback matters!
The presence of high sugar content in the blood over a long period of time indicates diabetes or diabetes mellitus. This condition is characterized by frequent urination and an increased appetite and thirst. It is a metabolic disease which occurs when the pancreas stop producing sufficient amounts of insulin. Diabetes may lead to several other health conditions in a person too.
Homeopathy is considered to be an effective medicine for the treatment of diabetes. It is a trusted branch of medical science, which works naturally without having any side effects on the body. Here are the best homeopathic medicines used for treating diabetes, along with the conditions when they are used:
Abroma Augusta: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine used for treating diabetes where there is flesh loss and weakness. In some types of diabetes, a patient tends to lose flesh and feels extremely weak. The patient suffers from increased thirst and experiences mouth dryness. Increased appetite and frequent urination are also felt. After urination, the patient gets fatigued. This medicine also treats sleeplessness in diabetic patients, as well as skin problems such as carbuncles, burning sensation and boils due to diabetes.
Phosphorus: This is an efficient homeopathic medicine to treat diabetes where the patient experiences vision weakness. This medicine is used depending on the primary symptoms only and gives relief to patients who experience difficulty with vision because of diabetes.
Syzygium Jambolanum: This is another efficient homeopathic medicine, which is used to treat diabetic patients, especially for the reduction of sugar levels. It also addresses problems like excessive thirst and urge for urination. Long standing ulcers in diabetic patients are effectively cured by this medicine as well.
Phosphoric Acid: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating extreme weakness in a diabetic patient. The weakness may be mental or physical and the patient may feel very exhausted all the time, and develop a weak memory or become forgetful. The patient also might remain depressed and feel numbness in the feet.
Gymnema Sylvestre:This is a great natural homeopathic medicine used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. It is used when a diabetic patient loses weight and feels great exhaustion and weakness in general. In many patients, this medicine treats these symptoms and also improves general health. The patient gains weight, and energy levels are revived.
Diabetes is a serious health condition, which may slowly lead to several other health complications. But with homeopathy, the underlying cause of the condition is treated in a safe manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Aortic valve stenosis is a heart condition in which the valve to the biggest artery- the one which provides oxygen-rich blood to our body, called aorta, is narrowed. This prevents the valve from opening fully, obstructing the blood flow from your heart into your body.
When the aortic valve doesn’t open, your heart needs to work harder to pump blood to your body making the heart muscle weak. If left undiagnosed aortic stenosis is fatal.
These symptoms should spur you on to seek medical care right away:
Chest pain or tightness
Feeling faint with exertion
Fatigue after increased activity
Heart palpitations — rapid, fluttering heartbeat
The disorder doesn’t produce symptoms right away and is usually diagnosed during routine physical exams when your doctor listens to your heart with a stethoscope. He usually hears a heart murmur resulting from turbulent blood flow through the narrowed aortic valve.
There are other ways to diagnose aortic valve stenosis and gauge the severity of the problem, like:
Echocardiogram – This produces an image of your heart using sound. It is the primary test to diagnose a heart valve problem. Sound waves are directed at your heart here and these bounce off your heart and are processed electronically to provide images of your heart. This test helps your doctor check diagnose aortic valve stenosis and its severity plus chalk out a treatment plan.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) – In this test, patches with electrodes are attached to your chest to measure electrical impulses given out by your heart. These are then recorded as waves on a monitor and printed on paper. Though this can’t diagnose aortic stenosis directly, it can tell you that the left ventricle in your heart is thickened which normally happens due to aortic stenosis.
Chest X-ray – This allows the doctor to see the shape and size of your heart directly. If the left ventricle is thickened, it points to aortic stenosis. It also helps doctor check the lungs. Aortic stenosis leads to fluid and blood in the lungs, causing congestion.
Exercise Tests – Exercise is used to increase your heart rate and make your heart work harder. This test is done to see how your heart reacts to exertion. Exercise test may be contraindicated in severe AS. MRI and X ray not much helpful to diagnose AS.
Computerised Tomography (CT) Scan – This means a series of X-rays to create images of your heart and observes the heart valves. CT is helpful in planning for nonsurgical valve replacement. Cardiac Catheterisation is usually needed prior to surgery.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – This uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create images of your heart and valves.
Once aortic valve stenosis is confirmed, you may have to go in for monitoring or heart valve surgery according to your doctor’s advice.
You must have heard about the indispensible use of the effective tea tree oil in so many Ayurvedic preparations. The oil is effective for many reasons, and the six common uses are as follows.
- Treating scars and wounds: Tea tree oil is effective in extremely small concentrations, and can cause miraculous effects. That is why only a small portion is enough to get promising results. When two drops of tea tree oil are combined with 15 drops of Jojoba oil, and this mixture is applied to the wounds, injuries and scars, they heal quickly and scars disappear faster.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems: A lot of medical conditions, which may be caused by a bacteria or virus, can result in respiratory problems as a direct effect or side effect. In all such cases like cough and cold, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, tuberculosis etc., tea tree oil is highly effective and hence used in Ayurvedic medicines to loosen the mucous inside and expel it out. A direct massage on the chest by adding it with the other oils, or adding a few drops to warm water for inhaling vapour can help.
- Mind freshener and nerve treatment: Tea tree oil has found great usage in mind freshening and nervous disease treatments. That’s because of the soothing effect of the oil in boosting the mind and body. In fact, it is also used in fighting fatigue, tiredness, phobias, fear, stress etc. Therefore, a body massage with coconut oil and about five drops of tea tree oil added to it helps very much.
- Clearing lice and dandruff: These two are the major problems of hair and scalp, and both have a common remedy, which is the tea tree oil. The oil has microbial and fungicidal properties, which prove it to be a useful ingredient in the making of concoction and Ayurvedic medicines for dandruff and lice problems. The oil can directly be blended with hair oil or shampoo for great effects.
- Skin infections due to bacteria and fungus: Skin problems aggravated by fungus infection, bacteria etc. can be alleviated with application of tea tree oil. The antifungal properties of the oil helps fight worse conditions like athlete’s foot, jock itch etc. Equal proportions of tea tree oil and any other oil like coconut or almond oil can be applied on to the affected parts twice daily to clear off fungus and heal the skin.
- Immunity and resistance booster: Tea tree oil can be used for massages and rubs by mixing just two drops to any other base oil like coconut oil, for treating and preventing several skin and body conditions. These include bed sores, fungal infections, nappy and diaper rashes, cuts and wounds, insect bites, rashes and a lot more.
Piles or Haemorrhoids is a disease of the anal canal. The veins in this region get affected. They swell as blood stagnates inside them. This causes discomfort while passing stool. The most obvious symptoms of piles are bleeding and pain at the time of excretion or passing of the stool. For most of the patients with piles, sitting or standing becomes a tedious task.
What causes piles?
The primary reason behind the occurrence of piles is a patient’s sedentary lifestyle. Most of it also depends on upon his or her diet intake. Many of us consume a lot of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in our regular meals. But, we forget or are simply reluctant to take up physical exercises. This, in turn, leads to increase in body weight and hampers the activity of our digestive system. As a result, patients develop diseases like piles.
Diet plays a vital role in preventing piles. If we don’t add an adequate amount of fibre or roughage to our diet, there is a potential threat of developing piles. Fibres help with the convenient evacuation of the stool. In fact, fibres form the bulk of the stool. Besides, insufficient intake of water may also cause this disease.
Natural ways to tackle Piles
Piles can be managed or tackled by bringing in some changes in our lifestyle. Some of the ways of managing piles have been listed below:
- Add more roughage and fruits to your diet
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid laxatives
- Sit in a tub of hot water to get relief from the pain
- Drink plenty of water
Homoeopathic treatment for Piles
When it comes to the treatment of piles, Homeopathy is quite safe and an effective method to get rid of the problem. It doesn’t have any side effect on the patient’s health. It doesn’t include any painful surgery for removal of piles. Moreover, homoeopathy is budget-friendly. Here are some effective homoeopathic medicines, useful in curing piles:
- Hamamelis: This medicine is useful in stopping the bleeding in piles. It can cure any venous congestion and bleeding. It can also be taken when the patient develops a feeling of soreness.
- Ratanhia: It gives relief from the pain due to piles. A patient suffering from piles feels immense pain and a burning sensation at the time of stool evacuation and even for hours after that.
- Graphites: It is prescribed to a patient suffering from both constipation and piles. It is given to them who are obese, have skin eruptions and constipation.
- Nux Vomica: It is given to patients who have a sedentary lifestyle, take spicy food and are active smokers and alcohol drinkers. Usually, patients who have been advised to take Nux Vomica are aggressive in nature. It cures piles as well as digestive disorders.
Things to remember: These medicines are only some of the homoeopathic remedies available in the market. It is best to consult a homoeopathic practitioner for the perfect treatment.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions 'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear.
Me gym kr rha tha tbhi mere thumb or wrist ke joint me dard hone laga hathh modte hue or thumb chalate hue 3 months ho chuke h or kafi pahalvan or ek phsio therapist ko dikha liya h pr koi asar nhi pd rha h .ab me kya karuu.
Previously my blood sugar (fasting) use to be around 90 mark but this time it is around 104, should I do something. please help me for that
I am 28 years old but not able to grow beard on cheeks. It grows on the chin but that is also slower as compared to others. What should I do to improve the situation?
I always feel heart burning problem from 6 months. Sometimes regularly, sometimes irregularly. Why is it? How to prevent it?
I mehak is 24 years old and is obese. I wanna loose my weight and let me know the diet plan to loose weight.
Hello I am taking 6.25 mg tab in the night to still not regulate my sleep timings. I earlier used to take sleeping pills now I have stopped. I am currently undergoing treatment for the past 17 days. I am physically active .my age is 49 years. I have enlarged prostrate for which I will be undergoing biopsy. Kindly how to sleep without sleep inducing tablet.
I am 24 years old girl. My height is 5'4 and m an obese person and I have many other problem like unwanted hairs and hair loss problem also. Please let me know how to loose weight and correct these hormones.
I do not seem to lose weight, what could be reason Height: 180 CMS Weight: 85 Kgs Exercise - Regularly. Do walking, Yoga and keep myself active Breakfast - 2 Chappathies and Glass of Milk Lunch - Small bowl of Rice Evening - Snacking (bread or Biscuit) Dinner - Oats mostly (or Dosa sometime) Tea/Coffee - 3 times Blood Vital - All normal 10 years before I used to do weight training, but left it I observe that I gained after that.
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Hello Doctor, my husband is doing daily night shift,& the problem is his leg is paining in thigh, calf, Heel, arch,ball of the leg has lots of pain. He is 26 year old. So what is main problem? Can U please suggest me.
I am doing workout for around 2 hrs daily, yet my weight is increasing, what probably may be the reasons? please help me for that
Are you looking for techniques to detoxify your body? Among the various detoxifying techniques you can opt for, maintaining a detox diet is very important. Consuming food items which are detoxifying in nature is a great way to cleanse the body. Here is a list of foods which should be a part of the detox diet for your body:
- Fruits: Fruits contain a lot of liquids which help the body to wash toxins out. They are beneficial for easy digestion. Containing antioxidants in high amounts along with nutrients, important vitamins and fibre, fruits should be a part of your detoxifying diet.
- Green food: You should consume a lot of food items which are naturally green in colour. They include blue-green algae, wheat grass, kale, spinach, chard and other organic leafy green vegetables. These plants give a chlorophyll boost to your digestive tract, which helps in the elimination of harmful toxins from toxic metals, pesticides, herbicides and cleaning products.
- Citrus fruits: Among fruits, you should have a lot of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and limes. Citrus fruits help the body to flush out toxins and start the enzymatic procedures in the digestive tract. Lemon juice supports the liver in cleansing as well. Vitamin C is a very efficient detox vitamin which transforms toxins into digestible materials.
- Garlic: The pungent little bulb is another amazing detoxifying food. It stimulates the liver to produce detoxification enzymes, which filter toxic residues from the digestive system.
- Broccoli sprouts: These are rich in antioxidants and have the ability to stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract. The sprouts are more beneficial than fully grown broccoli.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of antioxidants and helps in washing out toxins from the system via liquid content. A special antioxidant called catechins present in green tea increase liver function.
- Moong beans: Moong beans have been used as a detoxifying agent in Ayurveda for many years. These are easy to digest and help in the absorption of toxic residue from the walls of the intestine.
- Raw vegetables: You should eat several vegetables such as raw onions, carrots, asparagus, artichokes, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, garlic, beet, turmeric and oregano. The combination of the various types will help the liver in eliminating toxins during the process of cleansing. These contain natural sulphur and glutathione, which help in detoxifying the liver from chemicals.
- Seeds and nuts: You should add some easily digestible nuts and seeds to your regular diet. Flax seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are ideal for natural detoxification.
You should also consume Omega-3 oils such as avocado, hemp and flax seed oil during detoxification. These lubricate the walls of the intestine and allow the toxins to get absorbed by the oil, getting eliminated from the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.