Doctor in Real Yoga And Therapies
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Siddha Marma Treatment
Beauty Enhancement Procedures
Yoga During Pregnancy
Tantra Yoga Treatment
Yoni Prakshalanam Treatment
Submit a review for Real Yoga And TherapiesYour feedback matters!
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
Allergy is a response of the immune system. It only occurs when a harmless substance attacks the body and it tries to attack it by creating antibodies as a triggering response. While there could be a lot of triggering agents, some of the basic ones include dust, food, and dander. Conventional allergies can be easily treated with medicines and environment changes whereas chronic allergies need medical attention. Either way there exists some great natural supplements which when applied can immediately deal with seasonal and occasional allergies:
- Probiotics: Natural probiotic supplements include kombucha, yogurt, sauerkraut etc. They are known to assist the immune system and can alter the course of allergy. The fermentation of probiotic produces good bacteria that assist the immune system.
- Quercetin: It is a bioflavonoid that can be found in beans, onions, red wine, leafy vegetables, apples etc. They have anti-oxide and anti-inflammatory properties can give allergies a run for their money. Research suggests that quercetin contains certain substances that successfully block allergy creating elements.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays get strokes in fighting allergies and setting the immune system right. They can successfully stop the development of allergies in the body. The body fetches enough vitamin D with a 10 minutes-walk in the sunlight.
- Stinging Nettle: This is a plant that effectively counters allergy by fighting with symptoms such as a headache, anaphylaxis, migraines etc. The anti-inflammatory properties of this herb fight allergy symptoms instantly.
- Butterbur: This again is a herb that contains medicinal properties and can successfully counter allergic symptoms. A study found that butterbur is as effective as a certain allergic medicine such as Zyrtec. Another good thing about this supplement is the fact that they do not put a person to sleep like other allergic drugs.
- Steam inhalation: When hot steam is accompanied with eucalyptus oil, tea tree, rosemary oil, myrtle oil and inhaled for about 20 minutes, instant relief is expected. For patients with chronic allergy, this natural supplement can be tried twice in a day.
- Lemon oil: Lemon oil is one of the versatile agents for treating allergies. It fixes the immune system, drains lymphatic fluid and detoxifies liver toxins. They can also be used as a disinfectant for washing clothes and home.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin that is extremely effective for treating cold and allergy. Being a disinfectant, turmeric can instantly arrest allergic symptoms.
- Astragalus: It is a Chinese herb which has proved to be mighty effective for treating allergy over the years. Its anti-inflammatory properties can arrest allergic symptoms such as sneezing, asthma and itching.
While we cannot reverse the aging process, we can slow it down and control the visible signs of aging. Botox is one such therapy that can keep us looking younger. It's mainly used for the facial lines and wrinkles that age, stress, worry, and environmental factors may produce, even on a younger person’s face. Botox is a drug made from the bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. While Botox is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedure. This unique treatment is also used along with facial plastic surgery procedures such as a facelift or eyelid lift to maximize its cosmetic benefit. Botox treatments can lift the brow making which will make your face look less tired, giving you a more youthful appearance.
It can also be used to treat misaligned eyes, severe sweating of the underarm region, cervical dystonia, migraines and uncontrollable blinking. It can also be used to treat an overactive bladder. In terms of cosmetic enhancements, Botox can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, prevent new wrinkles from developing. Botox is commonly injected into the forehead, glabella or space between eyebrows, outer corners of the eyes, chin and neck.
Botox is used only in small concentrated dosage under the guidance of a doctor, as it can have severe side effects, if used incorrectly. The Botox procedure is as simple as getting an injection. It is administered by injecting a readymade Botox solution into the muscles. This paralyses the muscles by blocking nerve signals to the area and preventing the release of acetylcholine, which is responsible for the contraction of muscles. Usually the results of a Botox injection can be seen within 24-72 hours. In rare cases, it may take upto 5 days for the results to become visible.
Botox is performed as an outpatient procedure and is considered a safe cosmetic procedure. Pregnant women are advised not to undergo Botox treatment until they stop breastfeeding the baby after delivary. However, as with any other procedures, it does have a few risks associated with it. These include:
Slight pain at the injection site
- Temporary weakening of the eye and neck muscles
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Rashes and inflammation
The effects of Botox may be influenced by other medications that you are taking and hence before undergoing the procedure, ensure your doctor knows what medication you are on. Avoid alcohol and strenuous activities for a few days after the injection.
The results of a Botox injection are not permanent and hence they may need to be repeated. Doctors advise maintaining an interval of at least 3 months between Botox injections. However, every time a Botox injection is repeated, the time taken for the lines and wrinkles to reappear reduces. In some cases, the body may also develop antibodies to the Botox injection.
Acanthosis nigricans is a pigmentation disorder, which leads to velvety, black patch formations on the skin. In some cases, the patch of skin may also give off a foul odour while itching is also a normal symptom of the condition. It can appear at several spots of the body, including the knees, elbows, palms, knuckles and neck. Here is a look at the diagnostic procedure for the condition as well as the treatment prescribed to patients.
Diagnosis of Acanthosis Nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is more common in males than it is in females. Additionally, being overweight, having darker skin or diabetes are some of the risk factors. Here is how the disease is diagnosed-
- Diagnosis of the condition is easy since examination with the naked eyes reveals the patchy black areas of skin on the patient.
- Doctors will perform tests to understand what is causing the condition. There can be two primary causes, namely, insulin resistance or diabetes. Usually, a test to measure the blood glucose levels in the blood is conducted.
- Doctors will also check if any medication is acting as a contributing factor for causing the problem.
- The doctor may also order a biopsy test if he/she feels that the issue is being caused by something other than Acanthosis nigricans. However, such a test is rarely performed during the diagnosis of the skin condition.
Treatment for Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is not a disease by itself but a symptom caused by an underlying condition affecting the patient. This is why treatment of the skin condition involves dealing with the underlying ailment.
- If your excess body weight is causing the appearance of the black patches on the skin, doctors will advise you to lose weight and get back in shape.
- The help of certain medications may also be taken in such a case to keep the blood glucose levels under check.
- Cosmetic treatments such as chemical peels, Laser, etc are used to treat the condition.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the only long-term solution for the disorder. If you suffer from the same, make sure that you eat healthily and exercise regularly, if you want to stay free from the symptoms of the condition.
Microneedling is a relatively new minimally invasive procedure involving superficial and controlled puncturing of the skin by rolling with miniature fine needles.
Over a short period of time, it has gained mass popularity and acceptance as it is a simple, office-based, cheap, safe, and effective technique. Traditionally used as a collagen induction therapy for facial scars and skin rejuvenation, it is also widely used now as a transdermal delivery system for therapeutic drugs and vaccines. It was initially introduced for skin rejuvenation, however, now it is being used for a very wide range of indications including acne scar, acne, post-traumatic/burn scar, alopecia, skin rejuvenation, drug delivery, stretch marks, and many more.
Micropunctures are created using microneedles which produce a controlled skin injury without actually damaging the epidermis leading to wound healing cascade with release of various growth factors such as platelet-derived growth factor (PGF), transforming growth factor alpha and beta (tgf-î± and tgf-î²), connective tissue activating protein, connective tissue growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor (FGF).
This percutaneous collagen induction leads to an overall youthful appearance of the skin by reducing fine lines and wrinkles, reducing pore size, more suppleness, elasticity and collagen production.
Say no to sugar to lose weight
Added sugar is one of the worst ingredients in the modern diet. Most people consume way too much.
Studies show that sugar (and high-fructose corn syrup) consumption is strongly associated with an increased risk of obesity, as well as conditions including type 2 diabetes and heart disease
If you want to lose weight, cut back on added sugar. Just make sure to read labels, because even so-called health foods can be loaded with sugar.