Yoga During Pregnancy
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger. Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution.
Sir/madam; A proteins which I am taking is not giving result for my face. Its only making my stomach bloats and big I want my face to bulge some more.
Hi I am 22 my height is 5.3 ft and weight is 54 kg I have fat around my thighs and butt can any one please suggest me any exercises to reduce thighs fat and tell me for how many months how much duration I need to do this exercises daily for thin legs. And please suggest me the food diet.
I am 24 years old but frequently I have to face digestion problem. Due to this my physical growth is no so good. I want to increase my weight.
Doctor please suggest me some iron pills. And some multi vitamins. I am anemic. Underweight, very much skinny. I am work on a hospital so very stressful life I lead right now.
My problem is overweight. My height is 5.5 feet weight 84. I had controlled diet. But my weight not reducing. I have a doubt thyroid can control the weight gain. And it is getting parent to child. My mother have thyroid issue. Because in a week I jogged almost 42 km. Then also my weight not reduce. And any other physical problems affected to weight gain. Please help me.
Hi doctor my name is Nagendra. I am suffering headache from childhood on wards. Now I have 25 years old. My parents didn't get idea I have a headache. I think it is migraine. When I am getting this I am feeling very pain and some times getting vomiting. I am from Bangalore doing software job search. I was taken two times ct scanning but doctors said me there nothing. Is there any avoiding this for this. Let me know. please help me sir. Doctors are like a god. please give me suggestions.
Situated in the neck, the thyroid gland plays an important role in the body– it produces hormones required for regulating growth. Through its role, the thyroid gland influences most metabolic processes in the body. Problems of the thyroid gland can range from simple conditions such as goiter (enlargement of the thyroid glands) to something as fatal as cancer. The most common thyroid problem is the abnormal production of hormones.
Overproduction of hormones by the thyroid gland results in ‘hyperthyroidism’ whereas underproduction of hormones causes ‘hypothyroidism’. It is necessary to take steps to deal with thyroid problems as their complications can be severe at times.
Ayurveda is a time honored system of medicine, the treatments of which have holistic healing properties. Ayurvedic treatments are free from side effects as they do not contain synthetic ingredients. In case of thyroid problems, Ayurvedic remedies focus on balancing the production of hormones. The various doshas in the body – kapha, vata and pitta are balanced, so as to promote overall wellbeing.
The various Ayurvedic herbs that help with addressing thyroid problems are –
Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is a very widely used herb in Ayurvedic medicine due to its numerous benefits. It has anti-oxidizing properties which calm the brain and strengthen the immune system. It helps relieve symptoms of fatigue and inability to focus, both being indicators of thyroid problems.
Bacopa: Bacopa is a herb that is extremely beneficial for the overall health of the nervous system. It helps you focus better while boosting memory capacity. It also helps in controlling and reducing inflammation.
Black Walnut: Black walnut is rich in magnesium that helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland, a deficiency of which causes thyroid problems.
Bugleweed: A herb that is effective in treating cold and cough, bugleweed also has beneficial effects on the thyroid gland. It is often used as a sedative or an astringent.
Coleus: Coleus is a herb that is rich in anti-oxidants, which help in minimizing free radical damage in the body. It helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland and also helps in the treatment of certain cardiovascular disorders.
Echinacea: A herb that strengthens the immune system of the body, Echinacea plays a vital role in preventing thyroid problems.
The immune system is an important structure of the body. The group of functions and structures of immune system protects the body from the attack of foreign bodies and help in recovering, in case the body is attacked by a disease. So keeping the immune system healthy and strong is very much important to live a disease free life.
Generally, people believe that a healthy lifestyle with full of healthy food and exercise lead us to a healthy and immune body. But the fact is that the healthy body needs a healthy mind and soul as well. People with stress and lack of precaution in the sudden climate change can also have weak immune system and even with a healthy lifestyle can suffer from diseases.
This conveys a very important message to people that strengthening and boosting the immune system is a must in any period of life. A well-planned strategy is needed to get rid of the unwanted attack of the harmful foreign bodies. If you are thinking that how to boost up your immunity then don’t worry, various simple, natural and effective measures are available to boost up the functioning of your immune system.
To boost up your immunity, homeopathic remedies are considered as the most ancient and effective healthcare system. So the best-matched remedies can be prescribed by the help of proper qualification.
As Arsenicum album is the most common homeopathic remedy, which is effective and essential for the strengthening of the immune system. You should take arsenic under the proper guidance of a homeopathic physician. They can suggest the best-suited medicine and the dose according to the body type and nature of the individual.
Many people try to find out medicines to the internet or some referral books but the consultation of some expert physician is very important as in homeopathy use of every medicine varies with the symptoms or characteristics of the individual. Homeopathy is the one of the best health care system to give effective results and can boost up your immunity in the minimal time period.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term, which refers to the phenomena of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment named melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends on the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. The skin may get dark entirely or in patches due to pigmentation. In some cases, decolouration takes place or white patches are formed on the skin.
Causes and Types of Pigmentation
The type of skin pigmentation depends on the cause behind it. Here are some of the common causes and types:
- Melanin: The skin colour varies from one person to another due to the presence of a pigment called melanin. It is produced by melanocytes cells in our body. Melanin protects our skin from damage on exposure to sunlight. When we spend long hours under the sun, the melanin production is increased. This gives a tanned look.
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of melanin. These gets accumulated or concentrated in clusters on being exposed to sunrays.
- Liver Spots/Age Spots: These are also known as solar lentigos. This can be due to ageing or excessive exposure to UV rays.
- Birthmarks: These are referred to the irregular blemish that appears on any part of the body soon after birth or at the time of birth. These are of two types—vascular and pigmented.
- Melasma/Chloasma Faciei: This is usually found in pregnant women. It occurs due to the over-activation of melanocytes as there is a hormonal imbalance.
- Post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation: This refers to inflammation as a result of inflammation caused by trauma.
Treatment: There are several ways to treat skin pigmentation. There are medicines and cosmetics available in the markets, which help in getting rid of the pigmentation. Skin pigmentation can also be tackled by certain home-based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. Apply a mixture of milk and honey on the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables will lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sun screen: It is important to guard your skin against the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to the generation of toxins in our blood stream. This is harmful to our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Ageing is an irreversible process of human existence. With ageing, your skin will start to show problems and one of them would be the loosening or sagging of skin. While there are many treatments available to counter this problem, one of the most effective and popular methods is laser skin tightening.
In this method, a focused beam of infrared light is used to heat up the collagen under the skin. This triggers collagen growth resulting in the skin becoming tighter, thus, reduces sagging, wrinkles, lines and other blemishes in the process.
Who can go for laser skin tightening?
Laser skin tightening is targeted towards both men and women of any age. Most of the candidates who avail of laser skin tightening are within the age range of 30 to 60 years and have common complaints about skin caused due to age. Some of the problems that laser skin tightening can deal with very well are mentioned as follows:
Tightening and repairing loose facial skin
Reducing fine lines all over the body
Reducing wrinkles all over the body
However, you should know that laser skin tightening will not be able to correct loose facial skin if they form jowls or droopy sacs. In such cases you may need to avail of other surgeries, such as a face lift to correct the laxity of facial skin. You can then follow it up with laser skin tightening to eliminate the remaining wrinkles or lines.
Which of the areas of the body can be treated by laser skin tightening?
This form of treatment has been found to be very effective with skin from all over the body. Some of the areas which can be treated are
Neck among others
Laser skin tightening can treat even moderate amount of laxity in all of these areas, thus reducing the need to go for more invasive types of surgery such as tummy tuck surgery or even liposuction.
When would laser skin tightening not be applicable?
Laser skin tightening is a very commonly availed procedure all around the world and there are very few risks usually associated with it. However, it is not advisable in certain circumstances:
If one is prone to having herpes outbreaks
If anyone has suffered or is currently suffering from skin cancer
- It is not recommended for pregnant women either