Doctor in Pushpanjali Medical Centre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Pushpanjali Medical CentreYour feedback matters!
Introduction: Stammering also known as stuttering is the fluency disorder of speech and is characterized by disruptions in the production of speech sounds.
K- K- K- Kiran is may friend" (Part-word repetition).
"RRRR am is may brother "(sound prolongation).
I'll meet you - um um you know like - around six o'clock." (A series of interjections: The person expects to have difficulty smoothly joining the word "you" with the word "around." In response to the anticipated difficulty, he produces several interjections until he is able to say the word "around" smoothly.)
There may be some associated behavior, apart from non fluent speech, like eye blinking, jaw pressing, hand movement, leg movement and poor eye contacts.
Must watch these video to know how and expert in Speech Pathology (certified Speech Pathologist/Speech therapist/Speech Language Pathologist) changes the life of people having Speech disorders including stammering: http://www.speechtherapyindia.in/videos.html
How is stammering diagnosed?
Diagnosing stuttering requires the skills of a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP). Some time patient reach to physician also. In such case most of the physician refer to Speech Language Pathologist for detail assessment and management. Most of the time parents confused between normal non fluency and stammering. Here SLPs evaluation will help to remove such confusion.
Factors that are noted by many specialists include the following:
- a family history of stuttering
- stuttering that has continued for 6 months or longer
- presence of other speech or language disorders
- strong fears or concerns about stuttering on the part of the child or the family
What are the main causes of stammering ?
When we speak there are hundred of muscles of our body like breathing muscles, laryngeal muscles, muscles of lips , tongue, palate and jaw works in coordinated way. If coordination among these muscles due to any reason goes fluency of speech will be affected. Means those who stammer will having problem in coordinating speech production muscles with brain.
What treatments are available for stammering?
Speech Language Pathologists teach people who stutter to control and/or monitor the rate at which they speak. In addition, people may learn to start saying words in a slightly slower and less physically tense manner. They may also learn to control or monitor their breathing. When learning to control speech rate, people often begin by practicing smooth, fluent speech at rates that are much slower than typical speech, using short phrases and sentences. Over time, people learn to produce smooth speech at faster rates, in longer sentences, and in more challenging situations until speech sounds both fluent and natural. "Follow-up" or "maintenance" sessions are often necessary after completion of formal intervention to prevent relapse.
Is there any medicine or surgery will help in stammering management?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any drug for the treatment of stuttering. However, some drugs that are approved to treat other health problems such as epilepsy, anxiety, or depression have been used to treat stuttering. These drugs often have side effects that make them difficult to use over a long period of time. In a recent study funded by the NIDCD researchers concluded that drug therapy has been largely ineffective in controlling stuttering.
Is there 100% Cure for Stammering?
There is no 100% cure for stammering, although few healthcare quacks are making such false claim like cure in 2 weeks etc. Scientific research published by American Speech Language Hearing Association based on more than 100 studies on adults who stutter concluded that significant improvement typically occurs as a result of treatment/Speech therapy in 60to 80% of cases. You can find the original article by putting "treatment efficacy stuttering" in google search also.
Speech therapy result may vary with the type of problem, severity of problem and age of the person. There are some examples of relapse also after speech therapy.
How do I know who are speech language pathologist /speech therapist in India?
These are the professionals trained for the assessment and treatment of various Speech and Hearing Disorders. They should have the following qualification:
- B.Sc. (Hons )Speech and Hearing/B.Sc. Speech and Hearing/Bachelor in Audiology and speech language Pathology(BASLP)
- M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology/M.Sc. Speech and Hearing/ MASLP
- Certified by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Many of the young people are struggling with tiredness due to routine work.
- Many complaining about getting so tired and feeling so bad.
- Instead of trying with neurobion tabs and ready-made healthy drinks which are not good for health there is an easy way to feel healthy.
- Every body know about drumstick.
- Drumsticks seeds are available in ayurvedic shops.
- Daily night take 10 nos of these seeds after taking it outer layer.
- It will act as a healthy vitamin supplement and keep away your tiredness.
- Ones in a week taking drumsticks leaves juice one tumbler also keep you healthy and active.
- Drumsticks are rich in vitamin a and c.
- That's why drumsticks are always added in indian dishes mainly in sambar and avial.
Sexual Transmitted Diseases
Diseases that spread through unprotected sexual activity are known as sexually transmitted diseases (stds). These are caused by microscopic organisms that pass from one person to another through contact with blood, semen, or vaginal secretions and other bodily fluids.
As per ayurveda, stds are called as upadamsha or firang (i. E one that creates pus in genitals and is of foreign origin. The causes behind these conditions are :
- Abrasions caused by any handling
- Injury caused due to scratches by nails
- Injury caused due to teeth/bites
- Unhygienic conditions of the genitalia (e. G unclean genitalia)
- Excessive indulgence in sexual activities
- Infection transmitted through sexual contact (from vaginal infections)
- Improper/unethical sexual indulgence
Ayurveda classifies this disease into five types depending on which of the doshas are vitiated and the resultant symptoms. These are:
- Vataja upadamsha – pricking sensation, pain, black skin lesions
- Pittaja upadamsha – yellow discoloration, pus formation
- Kaphaja upadamsha – itching, swelling
- Sannipathaja upadamsha – combination of features of above three
- Raktaja upadamsha - yellow discoloration, pus formation, gangrenous lesions.
- Smoking is bad just bad for you, not only does smoking lead to heart attacks, strokes and lung cancer but smoking also damages your small arteries that are essential to maintaining an erection.
- There are a number of studies that have found that smoking can cause sexual dysfunction in men. A large percentage of people that suffer from ED are smokers. Some studies have also found that smoking can lead to low sperm count and quality of the sperm. It has also shown to decrease the testosterone levels in the body.
- Another study finds that although they have less firmer erections smokers are unlikely to notice the change for a very long time. So if you think you can smoke like Don Draper and get your way with women think again. Leaving smoking now will help you reap your sexual rewards in the future.
- Smoking for Women Sexual health:
- This doesn’t mean that women are not affected by smoking. Smoking has an overall negative impact and can change hormone levels in the body, this leads to problems with menstrual cycle, and an increased risk of miscarriage and chances of getting pregnant.
- Smoking is a filthy habit and you should give it up now. It will not only help you live a long fulfilling life but also help you fulfill your sexual potential.
The thyroid is a small gland that controls metabolism and growth. Silent thyroiditis is a common autoimmune disorder that affects the thyroid gland. It causes an inflammation of the thyroid gland and is characterized by mild symptoms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. It is known as Silent thyroiditis because this condition is not painful in any way. Silent thyroiditis is also known as lymphocytic thyroiditis or subacute lymphocytic thyroiditis.The cause of this condition is unknown and hence it is not possible to prevent it. This is one of the least common disorders to affect the thyroid gland. However, middle aged women are at the highest risk of suffering from this condition. Other risk factors include a family history of thyroid disorders, certain autoimmune diseases, removal of the adrenal gland or treatment for cancer.
Some of the symptoms of silent thyroiditis are:
- Increased sensitivity to heat and cold
- Erratic bowel movements
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Increased appetite
- Irritability and nervousness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Excessive sweating
If you notice such symptoms, you must consult a doctor. To determine a silent thyroiditis diagnosis, a thorough physical examination and a few tests are required. The physical examination focuses on the size of the thyroid gland, heart rate and presence of tumors if any. A blood test will also be required to check thyroid hormone levels such as T3, T4 and TSH levels. Your doctor may also ask for an ultrasound of the thyroid gland and an imaging test to determine iodine radioactive uptake.
Silent thyroiditis has a good prognosis and patients usually recover within one year. The acute phase typically lasts only three months. Most patients do not require any form of treatment for this condition but regular checkups are advised to keep track of the disease. In rare cases, medical treatment may be required. For example, if the patient complains of increased heart palpitations or excessive sweating, beta blockers may be prescribed to lower the heart rate. The patient is advised to get plenty of rest and avoid any stressful situations.
In some cases, silent thyroiditis may lead to permanent hypothyroidism. In such cases, medication may be prescribed to normalize the thyroid hormone levels. In some cases, thyroid hormone replacement therapy may also be advised. Surgery and radioactive iodine treatment a not required to treat silent thyroiditis. However, even after the symptoms subside, a close follow up is required to check thyroid hormone levels. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hormones are responsible for regulating the functions of the body, growth and metabolism. There are a variety of hormones that the endocrine glands secrete, and one of them is insulin. Insulin is responsible for regulating the blood sugar levels in the body. If it’s not produced enough or the body’s capability to absorb it weakens then it can lead to diabetes. Insulin is also related to metabolism and the storing of fat, insulin breaks down the glucose in the blood to provide energy for the proper functioning of the body. Thus, insulin is an important component in the construction of the body but its dysfunction can cause a series of problems for the body, some very permanent ones like diabetes. Thus, it’s important to know exactly how it functions and not pay heed to the myths surrounding it and base your opinions on hard facts. Here are some common myths regarding insulin, and the facts that you need to know:
- It’s the final step in the treatment: Insulin is not the final step in the treatment, it is made to be so because of the myths surrounding its use. It is actually a wrong conception that people harbour thereby delaying the use of insulin and causing more damage. Controlling the blood sugar level need to begin as soon as possible otherwise, there can be complications since blood sugar, in more than the prescribed amount, is highly toxic for the body. It can lead to heart attacks or even strokes.
- You will gain weight due to insulin: This is partially true but it is not due to insulin use, in fact it is the because insulin is working for you, your blood sugar levels start to normalize and you gain a bit of transient weight. Abnormal weight loss is usually a sign that you might have diabetes.
- Taking insulin is a sign of defeat: This is the biggest myth that exists and the reason why the treatment with insulin is started late or is delayed. You can take the best care of your body and follow through with all the regimens prescribed to you by your doctor and yet require insulin shots. It depends solely on how damaged the pancreas is and unable to produce the required amount of insulin. The need for medication varies and should not be seen as a sign of defeat.
- Insulin injections are painful: This is absolutely false and a scare tactic that has been employed as an additional negative trait of insulin use. Insulin needles are fine and thin and they are injected into the layer of fat underlining the skin where there are no pain receptors so it is improbable that insulin injections are painful. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A certain percentage of women are known to suffer from hypertension when they are pregnant. Such women have blood pressure levels above the acceptable range, that is, 140 / 90. Hypertension during pregnancy may result because of the changes that their body experiences during pregnancy or a history of high blood pressure prior to pregnancy. However, if a woman develops high blood pressure after becoming pregnant, then she is said to be suffering from gestational hypertension.
Some of the leading causes of hypertension during pregnancy are hormone-related imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, age-related factors, and obesity. The risk factors of the condition include genetic considerations, cigarette smoking, and previous pregnancies. During pregnancy, if you are experiencing symptoms such abdominal pain, kidney-related issues, nauseous sensation, ringing in the ears, or liver-related troubles, then getting diagnosed for hypertension is advised. This is because if you have hypertension, the development of the fetus could also be affected. Pregnant women may suffer from different types of blood-pressure conditions, including chronic hypertension, gestational hypertension, and chronic hypertension with preeclampsia, or just preeclampsia.
Controlling Hypertension During Pregnancy:
There are different ways of reducing the blood pressure levels during pregnancy. Some of these include the following:
- Body Exertion: During pregnancy, remaining active is extremely important. As a consequence, you can improve your cardiovascular health and also, lower your blood pressure levels. Additionally, this ensures the release of the ‘feel-good’ hormones known as endorphins. They help to keep you in a positive state of mind.
- Avoid Alcohol and Tobacco Intake: As a result of smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol, there could be an imbalance in the blood pressure levels. Especially pregnant women, especially those with gestational hypertension, are advised to abstain from these vices.
- Anti-hypertensive Drugs: In some cases, your doctor may deem it suitable for you to take blood pressure medications when you are pregnant. He or she will do so after studying your physical condition, even though these drugs are not advised for regular consumption during pregnancy.
- Never Miss Prenatal Appointments: Be sure to visit your doctor for regular check-ups to ascertain that your blood pressure levels are within the reasonable range. Also, your weight will be checked during your visits to the healthcare provider. Additionally, urine and blood tests will be conducted to ensure that the situation is under control. The medical professionals will check the fetus’s health as well during the visit. Through ultrasounds, they can monitor your baby’s heart rate and the overall development as per the gestational age.
- Controlling Hypertension Before Pregnancy: Prior to becoming pregnant, you can take some measures to keep your blood pressure levels within the normal range.
- Nutritious Diet: When planning for pregnancy, you must increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables to provide sufficient nutrients to your body. Also, the consumption of potassium-rich foods is advised to reduce the strain on blood vessels and subsequently, monitoring of the blood pressure levels.
- Postpone Pregnancy: If you are suffering from obesity, consider delaying your pregnancy. You must keep in mind that a lowering body weight to normal levels can help prevent hypertension during pregnancy. Therefore, at first, you should intensify your weight-loss efforts and only then, plan for pregnancy.
Conclusion: In case you develop hypertension during pregnancy, your medical practitioner may consider it suitable to induce labor prior to your due date for your well being, as well as the health of the fetus. Always work in conjunction with your doctor and carefully consider your options before taking any decisions. It is better to maintain a balanced approach so you do not regret your decisions later. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The goodness of water is known to all and sundry. Another fluid to watch out for is the coconut water. Coconut water will leave you with a mouth open awe with its health benefits. From small kids to pregnant women to elderly people, everyone can drink coconut water (unless asked to avoid on doctor recommendation) without any tension. The sweet, nut-like taste of coconut water is indeed very refreshing and soothing, a great respite in the scorching summers.
Positive effects of coconut water on the health
- A low-calorie drink: Coconut water is an ideal and healthy substitute for processed fruit juice, aerated drinks, and beverages. Some of the amazing health benefits of coconut water include;
- Improves Digestion: Coconut water is an excellent source of phosphatase, diastase, folic acid, and other enzymes that aids in the digestion of food.
- A person with dehydration (an outcome of dysentery, diarrhea or cholera) can benefit immensely from coconut water. The coconut water works by restoring the lost electrolyte and plasma balance in the body.
- Keeps skin aging at bay: Cytokines and lauric acid are known to have anti-aging properties. They maintain the pH balance of the skin. Coconut water is a rich source of lauric acid and cytokines. As expected, coconut water helps to restore the natural glow of the skin. Coconut water greatly nourishes and protects the skin from rashes and skin infections.
- Drink coconut water, forget depression forever: Riboflavin, pathogenic acid, and thiamine are the triple healing vitamins that help to lower depression and stress in a person. With these important vitamins present, coconut water will lift your mood and spirits effortlessly.
- Weight management: Being a low- calorie drink, coconut water is a healthy option for people who are on a diet and want to lose few extra kilos.
- Healthy bones the natural way: An excellent source of calcium, coconut water will keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Kidney stones a thing of the past: A natural way to deal with the problem of kidney stones is indeed a great news. Potassium is present in abundance in coconut water. Thus, it not only helps in dissolving the kidney stones, but also ensures that there is no recurrence of the condition (kidney stones).
- A healthy blood pressure: Coconut water comes as a much-needed blessing for people with high blood pressure. The minerals (Potassium and Magnesium) along with Vitamin C ensure that the blood pressure is within healthy limits.
The magnesium present in coconut water comes as a savior for people with migraines.
- A rich source of potassium implies coconut water helps to lower the instances of muscle cramps.
- Having long, healthy, and lustrous hair is no longer a dream, all thanks to the coconut water. It hydrates the scalp, thus providing the necessary nourishment to the hair.
- Being low in sugar and calories, coconut water is an excellent remedy for diabetic patients.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!