Doctor in Pragati Wellness Centre
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Pragati Wellness CentreYour feedback matters!
If you are diabetic, you must have been going for empty stomach blood cholesterol tests to know the sugar level in your body. If this is true, you should be worried as a new study claims that this habit causes more harm than good.
Diabetic people have a higher level of bad cholesterol in their bodies, which leads to excessive fat in the arteries. Due to the same reason, doctors suggest the patients to go for regular blood cholesterol tests.
As per the orthodox guidelines, the patients are recommended not to consume anything except water, as it may affect the results. The new study, however, claims that this is not necessary and may be harmful in some cases.
The study conducted by specialists at Michigan State University in East Lansing claims that fasting before a blood cholesterol test may boost the blood sugar level, or hypoglycemia, in the patients who take insulin.
Fasting leads to FEEHD:
The study was conducted on over 500 diabetes patients in Michigan. In the study, the specialists found out that the people with diabetes were more prone to face fasting-evoked en route hypoglycemia (FEEHD) if they fasted before going for blood cholesterol test.
In this condition, the blood sugar levels become very low, which leads to faintness, confusion and dizziness. These problems become so severe that people can experience life-threatening conditions when outside their home.
Updating of guidelines:
The experts at the Michigan State University say that fasting before the blood cholesterol test is a guideline which was set back in the 1970s, and the doctors in Canada and most European countries no longer use it.
It is time for Indian doctors too to amend the guidelines before a blood cholesterol test while suffering from diabetes to ensure good health of their patients.
I have shortness of breath while eating. Also I have chest pain. I have done ecg. And everything is normal.
I am 60 years old. Male.Suffering from diabetes since 2007. Taking following medicine .glucobay m 50, repace 25 mg, clavix 75 mg, ecosprin av 75 mg, I am experiencing erectile dysfunction since 3 months. Kindly prescribe suitable medicine .regards.
Sir, I am 24 years old man I have facing problem of sinus problem from 3-4 years please Suggest for cure or prevention and second problem is that my sex stamina is low tell me for long sex time and my very loose in low time of sex and very also very liquidly.
I am 33 years old, I have problem of ringworm area of leg joints from last 3 be months now it's shown dark red with highlated boarder, n speed Thais area, used derma 5 but no benefited, please advice.
My father is 75 years old was having diabetes but since last 2 months he is not taking insulin as sugar is under control. He underwent left hip replacement 2.5 months ago. Please suggest exercises.
For people recovering from a back surgery, constipation is quite common and causes discomfort or pain. There are several aspects of a back surgery which may lead to constipation. They include anaesthesia, changes in diet, stress and the use of some pain relieving medicines.
- The symptoms of constipation are:
- Pain and bloating in the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Hard stools and the inability of bowel movement.
Ways to prevent constipation:
Here are several simple ways by which you can prevent or minimize pain or discomfort due to constipation after a back surgery.
- You should increase your daily activities as early as possible after a back surgery. You should walk regularly.
- You must reduce the use of narcotic medicines and use only what is needed for controlling pain. Narcotic medicines slow bowel movement and cause constipation. Use non-narcotic pain relieving medicines to prevent constipation.
- You can use fiber laxatives, stool softeners or combination products after a back surgery to prevent constipation.
- Drinking a lot of water and non caffeinated fluids is very important. You should also have apple cider juice and prune juice, which are effective natural laxatives.
- You should eat natural fiber-rich food for intestinal stimulation. These include whole grains, cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables. It is best to avoid cheese, meat and processed food. Instead of large meals, you must have frequent, small meals throughout the day.
Medicines for constipation:
Non prescription medicines can be taken for preventing or treating constipation after a back surgery.
Here is a list of some effective medicines that relieve constipation:
- Bulk fiber laxatives, which add bulk to stool and encourage water to stay in the colon. These medicines need up to three days to show effect.
- Stool softeners or emollient laxatives help in softening stool by making fluids mix with them.
- Stimulant laxatives take action by stimulation of bowel contractions for moving stool out. They are effective and start working very quickly.
- Combination laxatives perform the functions of laxatives and stool softeners together.
- Suppositories also perform the dual function of stool softening and acting as laxatives. The colon gets contracted, and stool is pushed out and as the stool gets softer, it can pass easily.
- Enemas perform the function of bowel movement stimulation. Liquids are injected into the rectum, up into the colon. This stimulates the colon, and stool is passed.
Constipation occurs commonly in patients after undergoing a back surgery. This may cause utter discomfort and pain. You should take proper precautions and remedies in case of constipation after a back surgery.