Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of UTI
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Urine Leakage
Treatment of Urinary Incontinence
Treatment of H.I.V
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment of Sensitive Bladder
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Treatment of Urine Stone
Well Woman Healthcheck
Submit a review for North Delhi Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
If you are experiencing heartburn during pregnancy, it is important for you to know about the ways of dealing with it. Heartburn, which is a fiery, painful sensation, occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) starts leaking or relaxing. This makes your stomach acids to flow up into the esophagus, resulting in acidity or heartburn. Pregnant women are more susceptible to heartburns because the relaxing hormone slows down the rate of digestion, thereby keeping food in the stomach for longer duration and triggering acidity.
Here are the various measures you should take for dealing with acidity during pregnancy:
- Follow regular eating patterns: Overeating triggers heart burns, and hence, you should eat less. During pregnancy, there is much less space in the stomach for it to expand. Maintaining a healthy diet in lesser quantities will help you in eliminating the heartburn throughout your pregnancy. You should eat several small meals a day instead of having two or three large meals. It is easier for your body to digest smaller meals.
- Avoid trigger foods: You need to identify the common foods, which trigger your heartburn, and eliminate them from your diet. You should abstain from consuming acidic food items like tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried and spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Focus on fluids: A liquid diet causes much lesser problems compared to solid food products as they can move through your stomach quickly. You should consume milkshakes, soups, yoghurt, smoothies, puddings, and protein shakes. Try to take liquids, which are rich in protein like dairy products. While having solid foods, ensure that you chew them very well.
- Sleep properly: In order to avoid heartburn during the night, you must not eat anything three hours before going to sleep. You should make the head of your bed elevated by placing books or any solid object under the bed’s legs. You should sleep on your left side, which will make it difficult for stomach acids to travel up to your esophagus.
- Sit or stand up right after a meal: After taking any meal, you should take a short walk, undertake some housework, or sit down for a while. Avoid lying down, and abstain from doing anything for which you have to bend over.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You should wear loose-fitting clothes for dealing with acidity or heartburn during pregnancy. Tight clothing puts extra pressure on your abdomen, which is already crammed. This is capable of worsening acid reflux. Therefore, you should choose loose fitting maternity wear for eliminating acidity and heartburn.
There is no better feeling than the movement of life inside you. Bearing a baby is no easy feat. Caring for your health before you become pregnant is very important for you and your bundle of joy. Preconception care and counseling will empower you to gear up for pregnancy. The goal of preconception counseling is to check for potential risks to you and your baby during pregnancy and address them well in advance before you get pregnant.
It is all about becoming your healthiest self both physically and mentally before you take the plunge. Planning for your pregnancy will help you make healthy choices and you can start out the right way by getting a preconception counseling appointment with your health care provider.
What happens at a Preconception Counselling?
It is the perfect time for you to discuss with your doctor about any concerns you have in your mind. Here are the things that are most likely to be discussed:
- Reproductive History – Your history related to your reproductive health can include your previous pregnancies, menstrual history, contraceptive use, vaginal infections or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Medical History – This constitutes of any health problems you have now and can get in under control before you get pregnant. Also, your family health history including diabetes, hypertension and more can be discussed.
- Surgical History – Have you had any surgeries done before for any complications? It is very important to let you gynecologist know about the same.
- Current Medications – Have you taking any prescribed or over the counter medicines, supplements or herbal medicines? If yes, it is best to speak with a doctor as certain medicines can lead to birth defects so talk to your doctor about them.
- Home and Workplace Environment – Are you facing any hazards from environmental factors that will deter your ability to get pregnant or maintain a healthy pregnancy?
- Weight Management – It is good to have an ideal weight before you get pregnant to avoid complications during pregnancy.
- Lifestyle Factors – Your diet, caffeine intake, exercise and other lifestyle habits should be discussed. The goal is to help you stop any unhealthy habits that could stand in your way towards a healthy pregnancy.
- Prenatal Vitamins – Even before you conceive, it's good to take these vitamins in order to prevent birth or neural tube defects. Your doctor will help you choose the right one at the right dosage.
Tests Performed During Preconception Counselling
- Physical Exam – Tests like pap smear, pelvic exam and more can be done to assess where you stand.
- Lab Tests – Blood test to detect any abnormalities can be taken into account
- Menstrual Cycles – It is good to chart your menstrual cycles to help you detect ovulation and determine the time to get pregnant
The kidney is a vital organ that regulates the levels of fluids, minerals, salts, and other such substances in our body and when this balance gets disrupted, it results in the formation of Kidney stones. This problem is medically known as Nephrolithiasis and can cause pain when the stone moves about the urinary tract.
Types of Kidney Stones
There are several types of kidney stones and knowing the same can help in determining the cause and offer a valuable insight into how to get rid of them. The common variants of kidney stones are:
- Calcium stones- This is the most common type of kidney stones which are usually found in the form of calcium oxalate. It is a natural substance available in foods and also produced daily by the liver. Certain fruits, nuts, vegetables, and chocolate have high oxalate content. High doses of vitamin D, metabolic disorders, and intestinal bypass surgery can increase the concentration in the urine.
- Struvite stones- This type of kidney stones form in response to infection, and they can grow fast and become large in size within a short span of time with few or no symptoms.
- Cysteine stones- When a person has a hereditary disorder causing the kidneys to give out too much of amino acids or cystinuria, then cysteine stones start forming.
- Uric acid stones- When a person does not drink enough amount of water or lose too much fluid or eat a high amount of protein on a regular basis then he or she may have uric acid stones.
Causes and Risk Factors
Kidney stones tend to have no definite or a particular cause even though numerous risk factors can surge the risks. Kidney stones are formed when the urine contains an excessive amount of crystal-forming substances including uric acid, oxalate, and calcium. Also, when urine lacks the crucial substances which may prevent the crystals from sticking together, the formation of kidney stones can occur.
A person with a family history of this problem is likely to have kidney stones. Other risk factors include dehydration, certain diets, obesity, digestive diseases, surgeries, and other medical conditions such as renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, and hyperparathyroidism.
Lifestyle changes recommended to improve the situation
Lifestyle changes can indeed dramatically reduce the occurrence of kidney stones.
- Drinking more fluids can reduce the recurrence of stones by 40% and risk is reduced by 80%. Also, the urinary system is healthy and is flushed out of toxic chemicals.
- Follow a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce salt, sugar, and animal protein.
- Limit the consumption of foods with high oxalate content. If you have calcium oxalate stones restrict foods rich in oxalates like beets, okra, spinach, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate, black pepper and soy products.
How Homoeopathy is beneficial to break down Kidney stones?
Although Kidney stones are considered a case of surgery, but with Homoeopathic medicines we can break down and dissolve Kidney stones and help to pass the dissolved stone without surgical intervention. Not only does Homoeopathy treat Kidney stones, it also has shown remarkable results in treating the recurrent tendency towards formation of kidney stones. Homoeopathic medicines beneficial to treat kidney stones are: Lycopodium, Berberis.vulgaris, Sarsaparilla, Cantharis and Hydrangea to name a few. These medicines should be taken under the guidance of a qualified Homoeopath.
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy.
Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
- Mastitis or Breast Infection: Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
- Abscess: Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
- Fibroadenomas: This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
- Fibrocystic Changes: In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
- Breasts Cysts: Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
- Fat Necrosis and Lipoma: Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
- Breast Cancer: If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment.
I want to removed the stone from kidney line by surgery my ultrasound result is left vesico ureteric junction calculus measuring 9.4 x 3.9 mm is seen causing hydroureteronephrosis. So, how many cost for these treatment may I know this cost please.
During her period I did unprotected sex may be I felt it may have gone sperm I gave I i pill till date she not getting her period what should I do?
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size has become a common practise. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
White meat and red meat both have their own health benefits and risks, so including small amounts of both in your diet will prove to be beneficial for your body. Determine the amount of each type of meat you will consume depending on your body's specific requirements.
Ayurveda treats food as a medicine, and most of the conditions are cured with Ayurvedic diets. Ayurveda considers certain foods as exceptional as they offer numerous health benefits, and one among them is Pumpkin.
Do you know the pumpkin can offer you numerous health benefits and not be used merely for making your jack-o-lantern during halloween? As per Ayurveda, it is especially beneficial for individuals with elevated vata and pitta doshas. It also serves as “Basti Shodan” and helps maintain bladder health.
Here are some of the most important benefits that pumpkins proffer when you eat them regularly.
- Contains copious amounts of vitamin A: Daily consumption of pumpkin can get you high doses of vitamin A, which is necessary to maintain your eye health. Not only eyes, but it will also help you in having a good skin, healthy bones, and teeth.
- It has a high dose of fiber: A bowl of mashed pumpkin contains 3 grams of dietary fiber while a handful of pumpkin seeds can give you 1.3 grams of this nutrient. Therefore, pumpkin serves you the required amount of dietary fiber as per our recommended daily requirement.
- Pumpkin can give you a good night’s sleep: Don’t forget to use the seed when it comes to a pumpkin. Pumpkin seeds contain Tryptophan which is an amino acid that promotes better sleep while also improving your mood.
- Good for your heart health: The fiber contents of pumpkin also protects you from a wide range of coronary diseases. It is also helpful in maintaining a healthy blood pressure owing to the presence of phytoestrogens in it.
- Cools the system: Pumpkin also has a cooling effect on the body system which makes it very beneficial for people who suffer from heartburn and burning sensations in the hands, feet, and stomach. It helps in cooling the digestive systems which, in turn, reduces the impacts of stomach infection, acid reflux, enlargement of liver and constipation.
The juice of petha is also useful for the health in a variety of ways. It can cure bleeding from any part of the body such as gums or nose or piles. This type of bleeding generally occurs due to an imbalance in the body temperature. It happens when there is a considerable rise in the temperature of the body. The cooling nature of petha aids in maintaining body temperature and prevent this kind of complications.
It is also beneficial, if you are suffering from kidney problems or urinary tract infections or stones or bladder issues and is also regarded as an excellent remedy for treating asthma. Pumpkin can also help in eliminating the risk of diabetes and can help keep it in control, if you already have diabetes.
As you can see, this simple fruit vegetable is highly beneficial for your good health and deserves to be added as a part of your diet. You can experiment various recipes right from soups to desserts using pumpkin to accomplish this easily.
Immuno Shots or allergy shots, in other words, are known as allergen immunotherapy. As the name suggests, it provides a complete relief from severe allergies for longer durations. Severe allergy symptoms can play havoc with life and can curtail your daily activities. You can opt for immuno shots when none of the other treatment plans are working out. Allergies can be due to many reasons, such as dust mites, pollen, feathers, insect bites, pets and pollution.
How can immuno shots benefit you?
Immuno shots can easily reduce the signs of different allergens
Helps build immunity naturally in your body
Reduces your long-term usage of allergy medication
Cost effective in the long-term
Has reduced side effects as compared to other medications
Immuno shots can easily control allergies triggered by
Who can go for immuno shots?
They also work effectively on allergies caused by dust mites, pollens, pet dander and bee stings, etc.
Immuno shots are not recommended for children less than 5 years of age, pregnant women, people suffering from cardiovascular diseases
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Colon cancer as indicative of the name is cancer primarily affecting the colon or the large intestine. While colon cancer is considered the third most common type of cancer affecting people worldwide, it is also one of the most preventable types of cancer, if diagnosed and treated on time.
Colon cancer does not suddenly turn malignant and life-threatening. In quite a few cases, the tumor appears benign, also known as Adenomatous Polyps. With the passage of time, the adenomatous polyps (some, if not all) progress into colon cancer. In this article, I will emphasize upon the causes and proper management of colon cancer.
What acts as the trigger for colon cancer?
Like most of the other cancer forms, the exact cause of colon cancer is hard to decipher. However, in many cases, gene mutations have been found to play a pivotal role resulting in cancer formation in the colon. The mutations, as expected, is often an inheritable trait that can be passed on to subsequent generations. The following inheritable mutations make a person as well as their immediate family more susceptible to developing colon cancer.
1. FAP or Familial Adenomatous Polyposis is characterized by the formation of many polyps within the lining of the rectum and the large intestine. These polyps though start off as a noncancerous mass of cells have the potential to develop into cancerous cells over a time period. Thus, the condition should be treated at the earliest as people (FAP left unattended) stand a near 100% risk of suffering from colon cancer before reaching 40.
2. Lynch syndrome is another inheritable medical disorder that results from the mutation in the gene that is responsible for DNA mismatch repair. With the gene unavailable for the repair, the DNA undergoes damage with deleterious consequences. Also known as Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer, the condition often plays a significant role in the development of colon cancer, especially in people below 50 years.
3. Further, an unhealthy diet comprising primarily of high fat and low fiber foods can wreak havoc, with colon cancer being one of the possible consequence. Increased consumption of red meat, processed meat as well as alcohol can also act as a catalyst triggering colon cancer.
4. Obese as well as diabetic patients also stand a higher risk of suffering from colon cancer.
Management and Proper Care
As per reports, colon cancer is one of the least prevented types of cancer worldwide. There can be a myriad of factors responsible for the late detection and treatment. Proper care and management can go a long way to reduce the incidence of colon cancer.
2. People above 40 years and those with a family history of colon cancer should undergo regular health checkups and screenings.
4. Take care of the diet. Avoid eating fatty foods on a regular basis. Consume more dietary fiber.
5. Lead an active and healthy lifestyle. Be involved in any active exercise/sports or at the minimal walking.
Before 20 days me and my gf made love. But we did not do sex. Except sex we did everything. She is still virgin. We regret anal sex also. But little sperm touches her anal and little bit very small on vagina, on outer skin of vagina. Can you told me is there any chances of pregnancy. Because her period is getting very late. Pls tell me fast.
Melasma is one of the most common forms of hyperpigmentation .It commonly appears as brow or gray -brown patches on the face . These patches are usually symmetrical and visible on cheeks,forehead,bridges of nose,above the uper lip and chin .
CAUSES OF MELASMA
Melasma is more common in women than men.
2) A change of hormonal level ( pregnancy)
TREATMENT OF MELASMA
1} Sunprotection -is the key factor for decreasing melasma.
2} Depigmenting agents
a} Hydroquinone- the most common used agent ,works to inhibit a melanin -producing enzyme . It has potent antioxidant abilities.Topical hydroquinone creams comes in 2% and 4% concentrations alone or with tretinoin.Creams containing hydroquinone is intended for short-term use. A dermatologist recommendation is very important .
b} Arbutin -natural source of hydroquinone ,is considered to be much safer . It is dervided from the leaves of bearberry,cranberry,mulberry or blueberry shrubs .It too has the ability to ihibit melanin production.
To enhance skin-lightening ,the following ingredients may also help .
- Retinoic acid
- Azelaic acid
- Kojic acid
- Glycolic acid
- Low mid-potency steroids
Pocedures fr Melasma
Chemical peels - eg. glycolic acid ,tricholroacetic acid )work well in treatment of melasma . These exfoliate the superfical layers of the skin and increase the cell turnover,which triggers the fading of unwanted pigmentation . The number of sessions depend on the level of pigmentation and skin sensitvity.
Lasers- escpecially the Q-switched Nd:YAG laser ,have a positive effect on early melasma . These are also relatively safe o Indian skin.The laser light beam acts on the pigment(melanin) clumps within the skin and fragments them.Once fragmented ,these are easily cleared by body's immune system . It is done in a gap f 15 to 20 days for a minimum of 8 to 10 sessions.
I am 47 years age male, I am travelling by everyday from 150 kmts by train from past 5 months. I have been suffering from uti every month at least once, and when it causes I am very tired for at least 3 to 4 days. I have consulted a Doctor, he has given some syrup called citralka and he asked me drink lot of water if I do so, it will be there for 4 days, why it cause repeatedly, and sometimes I feel very tired. Please give some suggestion.
I have low amh of 0.136 and small cyst on my right ovary. I am in USA right now. All other reports have come normal. I am ttc. Should I be worried?
Hi I'm a married girl last month on 13th I got my period but this month I haven't got my period and I have a pcod/pcos also, we are trying to get conceive need a help.
I have been advise by my doctor to take the deviry tablet so I have already taken 3 pills. But my periods haven't started yet please suggest me something for getting periods.
Hi I have a baby girl of age 3 years now. Since one year I am trying to conceive again but not able to. I am ovulating on 9-10th day of the cycle got it checked through ultrasound. Everything is normal but still not able to conceive. Please guide.
Cancer is the most dangerous disease noticeable throughout the world. The most common type of cancer that affects men is prostate cancer. Prostate is a small exocrine gland situated directly below the bladder and in front of the rectum. This is gland is approximately in size of a walnut and plays an important role in production of a milky fluid during orgasm of sex in which the semen travels. During the climax stage of the prostate gland is forced to push the fluid and remove the semen out of the reproductive structures.
Prostate gland is a slow progressive disease which makes many males left unidentified even the presence of prostate cancer even until they die. 6 out of 100 male over the age of 60 are getting prostate cancer. Though prostate cancer can be cured at a better rate when compared to other type of cancer it is always best to stay protected. Prevention is always better than cure. Here are few tips to keep your prostate healthy.
Signs and symptoms of prostate cancer-
During the early stages of prostate cancer there are usually no symptoms. Most men at this stage find out they have prostate cancer after a routine check up or blood test. When symptoms do exist, they are usually one or more of the following:
The patient urinates more often
The patient gets up at night more often to urinate
He may find it hard to start urinating
He may find it hard to keep urinating once he has started
There may be blood in the urine
Urination might be painful
Ejaculation may be painful (less common)
Achieving or maintaining an erection may be difficult (less common).
If the prostate cancer is advanced the following symptoms are also possible:
Bone pain, often in the spine (vertebrae), pelvis, or ribs
The proximal part of the femur can be painful
Ways to have a healthy prostate –
Diet and weight – the most important factor is the diet to maintain a healthy weight. Avoid fatty food items and take fats from vegetables than from animals. Avoid dairy products and increase the intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Exercise – have a regular practise of doing exercise at least for 30mins a day. This really helps you to keep your body fit.
Be precautious – if you have a family history of prostate cancer or if you feel you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer talk with your doctor about it and take preventive drugs as per the doctor’s advice.
Red foods – research shows that men who consume red foods like watermelon, tomato and other red fruits are at lower risk of getting prostate cancer as they contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene
Caffeine – three to four cups of coffee per day reduces your risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Stop smoking – if you are at high risk of getting prostate cancer it is best advised to quit smoking and alcohol.