Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Max Super Specialty Hospital-SaketYour feedback matters!
Back pain is generally associated with problems related to bones at the back. The bones forming the back is known as vertebrae that form the human spine. The disc between the vertebrae absorbs shocks and allow spine flexibility. With advanced age and increasing wear and tear, the discs tend to become dry and break. The degeneration of the discs can lead to compressing of the nerve originating from the spinal cord. While disc prolapse can affect any part of the spine, the ones that are most vulnerable include lumbar disc and the cervical disc.
Common symptoms of this condition include lower back ache, sciatica etc. The pain from the back can get transported to arms, neck, leg etc. The homeopathic mode of treatment can be extremely beneficial for fixing disc prolapse. Since there are no side effects of homeopathy, this is the perfect choice for many patients.
Some typical symptoms that homeopathy can address:
Some of the typical symptoms that homeopathy can address include the following:
- A person suffering from lower back pain that increases while sitting but normalizes while in motion.
- The back pain increases while lifting weight.
- Stiffness is experienced around the lower back area.
- A person finding difficulty in bending the body.
- Increased thrust for water resulting in a more than required consumption of water.
- Dull pain in the lower back area leading to numbness.
- Sharp pain while getting up from a sitting position.
What are the possible causes of this condition?
There is no single reason for disc prolapse. It can occur due to wear and tear of the vertebrae, a nasty accident, aging, water limitation in the disc, weight lifting, prolonged wear and tear of the disc etc. The lumbar is the most vulnerable area that gets affected because of disc prolapse.
Advantages of homeopathic treatment
- The biggest advantage is the fact that there are no side effects of this mode of treatment.
- Homeopathy can repair the lumbar area from advanced level degradation.
- Homeopathy can treat the most stubborn disc prolapse irrespective of the condition.
- Chronic back pain can be treated with homeopathy better than any form of medicines.
What are the few important medicines of homeopathy to treat this condition?
- Rhus tox is prescribed to those patients who suffer from back ache or disc prolapse but get relief while in motion.
- Bryonia is referred to those patients whose pain gets normalized after sitting.
- Colocynth and Magnesium Phos are given to those who suffer from bulging of the disc leading to sciatica.
- Gnaphalium is referred to those patients who suffer from sciatica along with numbness.
I am 60+ years old & suffering from arthritis for the past 10 years. Both knees are affected. I consulted a doctor and he has suggested knee replacement in both knee. Is knee replacement necessary? What are the advantages of knee replacement? Will I be able to walk properly after the operation?
I have a teaching job and I have to stand up almost 9 hours a day My B12 is 116 and vitamin D is 8. I have lower back pain since 1 month Please advice.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor.
I am 30 year old, and I have ACL injury on 17 june 2017 during dancing. And I do essential exercise daily for the recovery of ACL injury, is there surgery is necessary for ACL injury. By exercises it can possible to recover injury. Please tell me sir. And my other question is. How to reduce my body weight during ACL injury. Please sugest me the right path. Sir.
I am 56, year old, female,I have much pain in knee, also have back pain. I have diabetes also. U take insulin regular for 4 times in a day. I have thyroid also. My question is that how to get relief from that pain. I can't sleep at night for this pain.
Bilateral knee replacement! what will be the cost nd pricing of the total surgery? I am also a paediatrician from gorakhpur! want to get it done for my mother! waiting fr your reply sir.
I have pain in my knee for about 4 months it's sometime there while sometime it's gone. I usually have it while I go to get at night time. What should I do is there any natural remedy?
I'm having very severe pain in my left leg from back hip to toe only on one leg some time I can't even walk now it's only on my knees and I can't walk on stair case to catch train I'm using tablet omega now.
I have checked my shoulder by Doctor, there is no issue in my shoulder bone, but there might be muscle break, he said. But I do warm up and bath with warm water, but there is no relief, then what should I do?
I have calf muscles pain in both leg at night and day time. I have taken medicine but no any changes jas taken. What should I do?
The stabbing pain that you experience around the neck and shoulder region should never be ignored as they may indicate health problems that require medical attention. There are certain points that you need to keep in mind the if you experience prolonged pain in these areas of the body.
1. Neck injury - Your neck and shoulder pain should be seen as a warning sign that you need to take a look at the neck injury you may have sustained during a rear-end automobile accident. More specifically, whiplash injuries that happen when the head experiences a sudden backward and forward jerk, straining the tissues of the neck.
2. Pain in these areas of the body could indicate abnormalities in the vertebrae of your neck such as herniated disc, causing added pressure on the nerves of the spinal cord.
3. Your neck and shoulder pain complaint may also point towards muscle strains. Lifestyle factors like working long hours in front of laptops or desktops leave you with no time and zero energy to exercise, resulting in serious neck and shoulder pains.
4. Your neck and shoulder pain may also indicate the problem of cervical spondylosis. This is a degenerative disc disease, which is characterised by severe pain that originates from the neck and radiates till the shoulders.
5. Even heart problems, such as a heart attack can cause pain in the shoulder and the neck. When this happens, the condition is known as referred pain.
6. Adopting an improper body posture during lifting of heavy materials can induce pain in your body parts, with neck and shoulders being the most vulnerable areas.
7. You may be suffering from a condition known as rotator cuff injury in which the group of ligaments and muscles that support the shoulder get injured during lifting or playing any sport.
To avoid aggravating the pain from becoming more severe, you shouldn't ignore any ache that arises from these areas.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed, which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips, which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery:
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip, which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain: This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity: When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities: This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep: Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase: Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems: As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
1 month back I started having severe body ache and high fever. I went to Doctor Who gave me pain killer and anti allergic and after 3 days, I was feeling good. But, after 15 days, again the same body ache and fever. I visited the Doctor Who told me that I was having viral. I was given same medicines but my family suggested to get the typhoid and blood test. I got myself checked and the report showed that my platelet count was 108000. It has been a week and I am taking juices and salads and medicine to get the number increased. Though, Now there is no body ache and my energy level is also good. How long I have to keep taking juices and following such diet.
I have Pain in groin area for 7 days. Even slight back pain .What could it be? Is it due to infection or anything serious?
Sir I have acute back pain in last 10 years so I want to permanent relieve from the pain. Sir please suggest me what I can do for it to fast relief.
I have pain in my left side from my head, neck,and my knee from 1 year. Is there any solution pleas took me.
I am having leg pain what should I do? I am trouble this from a week. I want cure my pain So tell me what should I do.
Did you know that yoga poses help you in achieving greater flexibility rather than develop it? If you are suffering from stiff hamstrings, painful lower back and locked-up hips and tried many yoga poses without any help, then you may not have tried the right poses. When the body is stiff, it feels like you are trapped within your own body. Flexibility exercises can help in alleviating joint stiffness that may have developed due to a wide array of reasons. Here are the main asanas that are great for joint flexibility.
- Big toe pose or Padangusthasana: This yogic pose can calm the nervous system and relieve stress and anxiety and stimulate your kidney and liver to optimize their functions. With regular practice, your calf muscles and hamstrings would stretch and your thighs would become stronger. If you are suffering from indigestion and insomnia, then big toe pose is a must try and it also helps in alleviating the symptoms of menopause.
- Bound angle pose or Baddha Konasana: This pose offers a host of benefits that include stimulating your abdominal organs, prostate glands, ovaries, kidneys and bladder. It also stimulates blood and oxygen circulation throughout the body and improves the heart condition. It is a therapeutic treatment for high blood pressure, anxiety, mild depression, fatigue flat feet, asthma and infertility. With consistent practice, you will be able to stretch your knees, groin and inner thigh.
- Child's pose or Balasana: This resting pose calms the mind and improves digestion to a great extent. It helps in elongation of the lower back by opening up and stretching this part of the body where all the weight is dumped while you sit and work all day long. This pose is perfect for opening up the hip and reducing hip pains and improving their flexibility.
- Cow face pose or Gomukhasana: When performed regularly, this pose helps in deep stretching the hips, thighs, ankles, armpit, shoulders, triceps, chest and deltoid. If you had been suffering from a chronic knee pain, this pose can help relieving it. It also aids in strengthening the spine and abdominals, and its folded variations are a great way of decompressing lower spine and clearing the hip joint.
Increased flexibility is one of the topmost benefits of yoga that would surely equip you with the freedom of movement and relaxation. However, it is always important to consult an expert before you try these poses, as they can evaluate your medical history and select the ideal yogic postures that would work best for you.