Doctor in Max Hospital-Pitampura
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Max Hospital-PitampuraYour feedback matters!
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is among the common causes of vertigo. It is the sudden sensation of the spinning of your head which occurs with the change of position of your head. It is a disorder of the inner ear. It occurs when calcium carbonate crystals accumulate in large numbers in any one of the ear canals and stimulate abnormal fluid movement in the inner ear. This sends false signals of head movement to the brain. This can also crop up post head injury. Rolling over the bed or quick head movements like when sitting up in bed can also trigger this condition.
The common symptoms of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo are as follows:
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo may be treated in the following manner:
- Medication to get relief from the spinning of your head.
- Epley's Maneuver involves transportation of the calcium particles to a different part of the ear which will no longer cause any problems.
- Brandt-Daroff exercises.
- Sometimes watchful waiting can help a person to recover without having to undergo any other treatment but it is a long process and often involves risk factors.
- Surgery: This option is used rarely when other treatments fail.
A very important thing to remember is that vertigo can lead to falls and driving should be avoided. The patient will need support during an episode to avoid injuries.
X day report of my 7 years old son shows haziness both in maxillary and frontal sinuses .what should I do ?is it dangerous?
I have been having a pokey feeling sometimes around my throat lower left or right but when I clear my throat it goes only to come back 10-15 mins later been happening for a month now.
Hello sir, mujhe head me ase ajeeb sa feel hota h behoshi c feel hoti h. Kya problm h sir Please btaye koi big problem toh nhi h.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Drinking alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am Have been Suffering From Nose Bleeding Since Childhood. Mostly It Happen During Summers But Last Few Years I Got Nose Bleeding In Winters Too. What Can I Do To Overcome This Syndrome?
Hello Actually mera gale ka awaz bar bar khrab ho jarha. I do not know aisa q ho rha. Mujhe thyroid problem hai or koi issue nae hai. Kya ye gale ka awaz bar bar khrab ho jana thyroid k wajah se ya kuch or reason hai. please help.
Ear drum is a thin curtain-like tissue that separates the inner ear from the middle and outer ear. If this ear drum is somehow punctured, then that condition is referred to as an ear drum perforation. The ear drum can get perforated for a variety of reasons, but here are the major causes for the same.
Causes Of Ear Drum Perforations
- Infection- An ear infection can alleviate into an ear drum perforation. Usually, the infected area may undergo inflammation to such a degree that it may puncture the ear drum. Normally, in case of ear drum perforations due to infections, the pus from the infection drops out of the ear.
- Foreign object- Inserting a foreign object inside the ear in a bid to scratch or clear the area can damage the ear drum. Avoid using Q-tips and other foreign items to scratch the ear.
- Barotrauma- This is a condition when the air pressure on the outer ear is not the same as the pressure inside the inner ear. Usually, barotrauma is caused when a plane changes altitude or in case of scuba divers when they make the dive deep down.
- Injury- Injury resulting from head trauma or a slap across the ear can sometimes cause the ear drum to rupture as well.
Symptoms of Ear Drum Perforation
Everyone does not experience the typical symptoms that are associated with a perforated ear drum. Most people do not notice it at once, but may visit the doctor after several days of discomfort. People who have a perforated ear drum may also notice air coming out of their ears when they blow their nose. This happens as the forceful blow of air causes the air to rise inside the ear cavity and come out through the opening in the ear drum. Apart from these symptoms, pain in the ear, pus discharge, hearing loss and dizziness may also be caused due to the condition.
Treatment for Ear Drum Perforation
Ear drum perforation does not require a specific kind of treatment to heal. This is because the condition gets repaired by itself within a couple of months. Doctors may, at the most, prescribe antibiotics to ensure that the ear does not get infected prior to complete healing. If the condition is extremely painful, doctors may also prescribe certain over-the-counter pain medications to you. In some rare cases, surgery may be needed in order to completely mend the perforated ear drum.