Doctor in Malhotra Clinic
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Malhotra ClinicYour feedback matters!
I had sex with my wife without any protection. And she had ovral l tablet at night for precaution. After 5 days she had periods. Can she be pregnant?
I am a 19 year old girl. I got a rash kind of thing on my back near my breast area nd then the next day I got those on my right breast. It has turned into tiny little blisters. What should I do?
What is PCOD?
PCOD or Polycystic Ovarian Disease is a disorder that causes innumerable hormonal disorders. It causes disruption in the normal menstrual cycle, often delaying it. Having been diagnosed with PCOD makes a woman prone to diabetes, cholesterol and cancer. A large number of cysts develop on the ovaries which enlarge when afflicted by this condition. PCOD can increase the chances of severe muscle spasms during one’s periods.
Causes Of PCOD-
The cysts are mostly caused due to hormonal changes and fluctuations.
It could be genetic.
PCOD can also be a result of an unhealthy lifestyle that includes little rest, inadequate sleep and unwholesome diet lacking in the right nutrients.
Symptoms Of PCOD-
Excessive growth of facial hair
Difficulty in losing weight
Excessive hair on body as well, including chest, stomach and back
Irregular menstrual cycle. Women may miss their periods, or bleed more than once a month
Extremely heavy bleeding
Severe pain and muscular cramps during menstruation
Problems getting pregnant
Other serious hormonal disorders
It can lead to diabetes
It can lead to repeated miscarriages
A major risk of PCOD if left untreated, is that it can lead to endometrial cancer
Diet For PCOD-
A healthy diet along with physical activities and abstinence from smoking can help to reduce the symptoms of PCOD and prevent the disease.
Increase the intake of fresh, green vegetables.
Cutting down on junk, fried food and most importantly, processed food.
Abstaining from or greatly reducing the intake of alcohol.
Including lots of fibre, roughage in the diet.
Cutting down on sugary, aerated drinks.
Including lean proteins in the diet.
Reduce dairy products as milk may raise the levels of testosterones in the body.
Reducing or eliminating consumption of caffeine may help to increase chances of a fertile reproductive system.
Prevent yourself from giving in to unhealthy food cravings. Eat small healthy meals at regular intervals.
Include fruits, nuts and colourful veggies in your diet.
Frigidity is commonly referred to as low sex drive in women. But it is often emotionally mistaken as on Non-responsiveness to partner's sexual advances. It is often considered as the psychological problem in person's subconscious mind. This has to be addressed at the earliest.
It has been differentiated into two types:
- One is the condition where the women fail to respond .
- The other is the condition where the women may have difficulty in being aroused. This causes feeling of pain and discomfort.
CAUSES OF FRIGIDITY:
Most common causes are menopause-related hormonal changes. Few other causes are :
Emotional Causes of Frigidity:
- Past traumatic sexual experiences such as sexual assault or rape.
- Fear of pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Emotional distance from the partner.
- Emotions like depression, anxiety or boredom in a relationship.
- Communication problems like an unresolved emotional issue that takes place between partners.
- Lack of confidence or low self-esteem.
Physical Causes of Frigidity:
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse.
- Lack of foreplay.
- Poor sexual performance in male.
- Fatigue or Exhaustion, Insomnia and Vaginal dryness.
- Effects of prescribed medications, alcohol abuse.
- Hormonal imbalance
TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT:
(I) Natural Treatment
- Intake of avocados, eggs, oysters, olive oil, soy, sesame oil, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts chocolates, Zinc rich food and Vitamin E in your diet.
- Include Herbs such as Siberia Ginseng, Chive, Damiana, Kava, Muira Pauma, Wild Yam, Ginger root, Sarsaparilla.
- Dong Quai are very effective in curing women frigidity.
- Regular yoga and exercises boost overall sexual health.
- Read erotic books or watch erotic movies along with your partner.
- Quality sleeps and de-stress spas and body massage.
- Avoid sugary food items, red meat and poultry.
(II) Seeking professional help
- Eradicating relationship issues with the help of counseling.
- Psychotherapy in order to get rid of your hidden fears.
- If required, do see a gynaecologist for proper examination and assessment.
(III) How can your rekindle her lost passion
Here are pointers as to how to help a woman know she is loved. From this will flow astounding benefits, including bringing her to the peak of her sexuality.
- Praise her. Regularly find things you like about her physical appearance, her character and her abilities, and verbalize your admiration. Appreciate all that she does for you and freely express your gratitude.
- Be loyal to her. Don’t say negative things about her behind her back. Defend her if anyone speaks negatively about her. Don?t undermine her authority in front of the children.
- If you use humor that puts her down, be extremely careful. She might, laugh but at times your words could be damaging her. Try to wean yourself off such humor.
- Seek to discover her inner feelings. Try to be sensitive to her needs. This is a huge challenge for most men.
- Giver her time: Recognize and make allowances for times when she is tired or upset or not her usual self.
- Respect her opinions. You might not always agree with her, but try to. Thoughtfully consider her views. Never rubbish them.
- Consult your wife before making decisions. Share your plans and dreams with her. Be open and honest with her about every aspect of your life
- Regularly ask her such things as:
- What can I do to make you feel more loved?
- What can I do to boost your confidence and help you feel good about yourself?
- What can we do to make sex more exciting and fulfilling for you?
Perhaps you are scared to ask such questions for fear she will say something like, “Help more around the house”. Be brave! If this really is high on her priorities for feeling loved, then it is important. More is at stake than a bit of housework. It touches her emotional well-being and your entire marriage. Only she knows the critical elements in making her feel loved. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
3. Lubricant- Shower sex can be very uncomfortable for women because the water washes away all the natural lubricant produced. Moreover, for women (usually those who opt for birth control pills) who cannot produce enough lubricant, shower sex can be painful.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hormones are special chemicals, secreted by endocrine glands in our blood. hormones go to all organ systems of our body and affect their function. they are important at every stage of our life. hormone problems are very common in both men and women. hormone imbalance in our body affects health badly and rarely can be life-threatening as well. Hormone specialist is called Endocrinologist. Endocrinologists are doctors, who specialize in diagnosing and treating hormone disorders.
Various important hormones in the human body are
- Growth hormone - Growth hormone disorders result in abnormally short or tall stature, with negative effects on other organ systems as well.
- Thyroid hormone - Thyroid hormone disorders cause abnormal growth and puberty, affect sexual function & fertility. Imbalance in thyroid hormone also causes heart disease and neurological problems. rarely very low/high hormone levels result in critical illness and death.
- Insulin - Insulin hormone primarily controls glucose metabolism. abnormally high insulin levels cause low glucose levels (hypoglycemia). low insulin levels cause diabetes mellitus (high blood sugar). uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of heart attack, paralysis, blindness, kidney failure and other serious problems.
- Sex hormones - testosterone and estrogen are sex hormones in men and women respectively. disorders of sex hormones result in disorders of puberty, sexual dysfunction, infertility etc.
- Parathyroid hormone - This hormone along with vitamin D regulates calcium and bone metabolism. Imbalance of parathyroid hormone and vitamin d cause low or high calcium levels, bone and muscle problems.
- Adrenal hormones - Cortisol and aldosterone are main hormones secreted by the adrenal gland. disorders of these hormone cause wt loss/wt gain, diabetes & hypertension at a young age, osteoporosis, weak bones etc.
You should consult an Endocrinologist (hormone specialist) if you have any of these hormone disorders. Wish you long healthy life! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had ipill last month but my periods are not coming. I had period on 19th last month. I had a cat bite and I'm taking anti rabies vaccination and antibiotics for healing wound. Is that why my period is delaying or is there any possibility of getting pregnant?
Life is getting stressful day by day. Food habits are changing and so is the diet pattern. A balanced diet is becoming a highly debatable topic in these tough times. Dinner is the last meal of the day and surprisingly the most neglected one too. Though one may begin the day on a heavy note it is always advisable to end it with a light dinner. If this is not followed, your body may be seriously damaged in the process.
In fact, your body will always react to an over eaten meal, in numerous ways as listed below-
7 times more tendency to put on weight: The human body much like the mind is the most active in the morning and by the time it is night, it tends to slow down. Therefore, eating a large meal for dinner is detrimental to your health as by then the metabolism slows down and the heavy meal eaten by you is not digested rather stored as extra fat.
Migraine: Overeating and fat accumulation has also shown to increase chance of migraine. People generally wake up with a congested mind and clouded thoughts which can later take the form of migraine.
Heart Rate Rises: One effect of overeating is the rapid rise in the heart rate. The body tries to grapple with the intake of large amount of food and as a result, the heart rate rises sharply and we tend to feel nauseated and uncomfortable.
Reduced Sleep: A heavy meal at night disturbs the sleeping pattern of an individual. The brain receives maximum nourishment during sleep. If you eat a heavy meal, the blood supply to the brain is reduced and it is channelized to the stomach for digestion. Hence when people wake up in the morning they feel stressed out and tired.
Depressed: It may sound incredible, but overeating at night according to doctors is not only a sign of depression, but also manifests the condition. Excess accumulation of fat leads to depression. This phenomenon is more common In women.
Increased Stress: The relation between food and stress has been well established, as people under stress tend to eat more. However, it is also true that overeating at night may trigger stress too. After a bout of overeating, your body tends to feel stressed that is converted into a feeling of sluggishness on the day after. It thus becomes a cycle and the person gets caught in it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
People often confuse renal tumors with renal cancer. Not all renal tumors are malignant in nature. Some of them can be benign as well. Mentioned below are the renal tumors, both benign as well as malignant.
Benign Renal Tumors
As the term suggests, these tumors are noncancerous and do not metastasize. The benign renal tumors can be of the following types
- Renal Adenoma: One of the most common types of benign renal tumors, renal adenoma are asymptomatic, low-grade, solid tumors which are quite small in size. It is yet not known as to what triggers the occurrence of renal adenoma. The renal adenoma seldom interferes with the normal kidney function. There may, however, be a problem if this tumor grows in size, where they mimic the RCC (Renal cell carcinoma) in their symptoms.
- Angiomyolipoma: This type of benign renal tumor is rare and often triggered by a genetic mutation (inherited). Also called as Renal Hamartoma, the tumor is often found to be a complication associated with Tuberous Sclerosis (a genetic condition that results in tumor formation in different body parts including the kidney). Angiomyolipoma, not triggered by Tuberous Sclerosis is often found to affect women who are middle aged.
- Renal Oncocytoma: The trigger for Renal Oncocytoma is not known. Unlike the renal adenomas, renal oncocytoma can grow quite large in size and are usually asymptomatic, with males being more susceptible to the condition. Another striking feature about renal oncocytoma is that it can occur in the other body parts as well.
- Fibroma: As the name suggests, fibroma is benign tumors originating from the fibrous tissues on the kidneys or adjacent to it. These rare tumors are small in size, with the exact cause being unknown. Fibroma is asymptomatic, affecting women more than men.
- Lipoma: Mainly affecting middle aged women, lipomas are found to originate from the fat cells located within the kidney (renal capsule) or adjacent tissues. Lipomas can be painful and cause hematuria when they increase in size.
Malignant Renal Tumors
As the name suggests, there are cancerous tumors that can metastasize to other body parts. The malignant renal tumors can be of the following types
- Renal cell carcinoma (RCC): Known to develop in the kidney tubules, the cancerous outgrowths can cause renal obstruction. One of the most common types of renal cancer, RCC can affect one or both of the kidneys.
- Depending on the microscopic observation, RCC may further be divided into
- Clear Cell RCC: Accounting for nearly 80% of the total RCC, under a microscope, the clear cell RCC appears clear and pale.
- Papillary RCC: Accounting for 10-15 percent of RCC, the Papillary RCC is characterized by the formation of finger-like projections within the tumor.
- Chromophobe RCC: The Chromophobe RCC are large with microscopically appearing clear and pale.
- Collecting duct RCC: Being quite aggressive, cancer cells in collecting duct RCC results in the formation of irregular tubes inside the renal tumor
- Transitional cell carcinoma: Also referred to as Urothelial Cancer or Renal Pelvis Carcinoma, the transitional cell carcinoma forms at the merger point of the kidney and the ureter.
- Renal sarcoma: It is a rare type of renal cancer originating in the connective tissue of the kidney.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!