Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Lovleen's Diet CareYour feedback matters!
I am having 92 kg weight and a height of 6'1" what should be my ideal weight and how can I reduce my weight.
I am eating well but I am not getting fat can I drink protein powder. And some one saying it causes many problem sir what is it.
Hi good morning sir life long can I eat pista at which time I want to eat how many I want to eat please clarify.
Oranges are a winter favorite and one of the most loved fruits around the world. The fruit is low in calories, it is good for the skin, the nervous system and the digestive system and it also lowers the risk of many diseases. It can be also included in our diet in several ways- from a morning snack to exotic desserts. Here are a few benefits of oranges:
1. They are good sources of vitamin C - Humans are unable to produce vitamin C endogenously, which is essential for our body and so it needs to be included in your diet. Vitamin C reduces inflammation related to arthritis, muscle injuries and also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases by blocking the oxidation of cholesterol. Oranges are very rich in vitamin C along with other nutrients like vitamin B9, vitamin A, calcium, and potassium.
2. They are an excellent source of fiber - Fiber-rich fruits like oranges have been proven to moderate the levels of blood sugar after a meal because of their natural sugar- fructose content. For this reason, diabetic patients can also have oranges without worry. Moreover, the roughage present in the fruit reduces chances of constipation and diarrhea.
3. Help prevent cancer - The fiber content in oranges can also play a significant role in keeping cancer-causing chemical components away from the colon. Moreover, vitamin C helps build the immune system so as to resist cancer cells. The antioxidants may also help with breast cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer and lung cancer.
4. Improves the quality of sperm - A vitamin called folic acid, which is present abundantly in oranges, helps to improve the quality of human sperm and the locomotive abilities. Folic acid also protects the sperm from most kinds of genetic damage.
5. Can prevent loss of hair - Production of collagen, which is one of the most important proteins in our body, is done with the help of vitamins, especially vitamin C. Collagen keeps the tissues in the hair together. So, oranges and other foods rich in vitamin C can help keep a healthy growth of hair even in your old age.
6. Checks the formation of kidney stones - Juice of citrus fruits like orange can increase the pH value of urine and can lead to increased excretion of citric compounds from the body. This reduces the possibility of the formation of calcium oxalate stones in the kidney considerably.
7. Promotes brain development - Vitamin B9 and folic acid keep the brain healthy. The polyphenols in orange help in accelerating the learning and memory functions of the brain and facilitate neurological development in the fetus.
Meningitis is a serious disease, and shouldn’t be left untreated. It has every possibility of getting fatal if left unattended. It can cause severe damage to the neurological system. The disease is caused due to the inflammation of the meninges or the membrane of the brain or spinal cord. It can also lead to stiffness of the cervical area. If a patient often complains of painfulness, when moving towards the chest from the chin, a medical intervention is needed. Muscle spasms make the neck so stiff that head and trunk cannot be lifted up at the time of passive flexion of the neck.
This disease is highly contagious and can be spread by droplet infection or by sneezing. It is of two type: viral and bacterial. The bacteria’s responsible for meningitis are Haemophilus influenza Neisseria meningitides, and Streptococcus pneumonia. Meningitis develops if these microbes enter a patient’s bloodstream and thereafter reaches the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). CSF surrounds the brain and spinal cord. The CSF has no white blood cells and hence cannot fight the infection. So, the microorganisms multiply rapidly.
Symptoms: The most common symptoms of meningitis are as follows:
- Pain in muscles, joints or limbs
- Severe headache
- Cold hands and feet
- Pale or blotchy skin
- Blue lips
Diagnosis of Meningitis: It is difficult to detect the disease in its initial stages. It can be confused with severe influenza. A lumbar puncture is done and a sample of CSF is collected for diagnosis.
Why seek homoeopathic help for treating meningitis?
Homeopathy has the most effective method of treating meningitis. It is good for prolonged treatment. It doesn’t have side-effects on other organs. The treatment is also cost-effective. The format of the medicine is safe. They are devoid of any toxic substance and are absolutely harmless.
Common Homeopathic remedies for treating meningitis
- Aconite: It is given to patients who develop meningitis due to long exposure to sunlight. It is also given to patients who suffer from cerebral congestions from anger and fear is a marked symptom in them.
- Apis mellifica: If a patient suffers from nervous agitation, shrill cries and complains of stabbing pains, he or she may be prescribed this remedy. It is best to treat children, who put their hands to their heads and scream. A practitioner also looks for other symptoms like swelling in the face, less urine, and thirstlessness.
- Baptisia tinctoria: When obvious mastoid is found to develop and there is tenderness in the area, this remedy can be used.
- Belladonna: This is best for treating initial stages. Cerebral irritation is a marked symptom in this case. The child is found crying out and grinding its teeth.
- Bryonia: It is best for treating meningitis when there is a chewing motion with the mouth. Other symptoms that have to be looked for are distended abdomen, white tongue, excessive thirst, flushed face, etc.
Things to note: These are only a few remedies. There are plenty of other options in homoeopathy. It is best to see a homoeopathy practitioner for the correct treatment.
I am 28 ye old. I am computer operator I am doing job in night shift. My shift time is 6 pm to 3 am so I am not able to eat timely and more food. My weight is 35 kg. Pls suggest me for weight gain. Can I take ashwagandha and shatavari churn if yes then how should I take dose and also tell me before meal or after meal?
I am 18 years old mechanical engineer Working in multinational industry Want to know about ideas to stay fit.
Hello nice to meet you actually I'm not gaining weight, how to gain the weight sir/madam, could you please help me out?
Hi doctor, my age is 25 years and am 5'6" tall but my weight is only 57 kg, My question is that what mybody weight has to be there at the age of 25 and please suggest to gain my body weight.
My wife has almost a pear shape. Her waist is 28 only but has big hips area plus the thighs are so bulky. She herself feels shy while wearing jeans aur any skinny thing because she of her this figure. What shall we do, can this be corrected if not please suggest something which can help.
Hi. How can I reduce my tummy fat. I drink hot water daily morning and at 11 am. Dot get time to exercise.
I'm 23 old male, student.I want to know why My diet or food I ate, never add any value to my health, I mean I'm very thin, in spite of eating rich food. What to do.
A recent study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health revealed that using mouthwash twice a day can significantly raise your risk of developing type-2 diabetes. The research also indicates that a person using it twice a day is 55 percent more likely to develop type -2 diabetes.
So how should you take care of your oral health without increasing your risk of diabetes?
- Ensure you visit your dentist at least every six months
- Quit smoking
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft brush
- Eat foods that promote oral health, such as Almonds, apples & leafy greens, etc.
I would like to know that my girl friend is 43 years old at this age can she produce milk in her breast even she is not pregnant.
If you are concerned about your health, it is important for you to keep your kidneys protected from several harmful conditions. There are several types of kidney disorders, which may develop if your kidneys are not well cared for. This may include overload of toxins, acute renal failure, chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease. Kidney cancer is another fatal threat.
Steps to keep your kidneys healthy
There are several ways you can undertake for keeping your kidneys safe. They include the following:
- Take certain tests for obtaining the panel reading of your BUN or blood urea nitrogen and creatinine levels. The estimated glomerular filtration rate (EGFR) must be determined as well. The scores obtained from these tests will tell you about the condition of your kidneys at that point of time.
- Lower the amount of phosphorous intake. When the kidney does not function properly, phosphorus accumulation is likely, which causes serious conditions like heart disorders and calcification of the tissues. You should avoid phosphorous-rich food items and abstain from drinking carbonated drinks.
- You must consume several kidney-supportive food items, which may include watermelon, cranberries, cabbage, cauliflower, blueberries, strawberries, apples, garlic, onions and olive oil.
- Obesity is linked with kidney cancer and hence, you must maintain a healthy weight. Carry out regular exercises.
- Several pain relievers such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDS may have harmful side effects on the kidney and may lead to kidney cancer. Try to avoid these medicines.
- You can take an Epsom salt bath. This is a common measure for detoxification, and the wastes and toxins get removed, improving the kidney’s health rapidly. Have regular checkups of blood and urine along with ultra-sound to know kidneys are working good.
- You should keep your blood-sugar level and blood pressure under control as they are triggers for kidney failure. You should quit smoking and stop using tobacco in any form as the toxins from nicotine harm the kidneys.
With proper care and management of your kidneys, you will be able to prevent several harmful conditions.One should get Kidney function test and Ultrasound done to check that the kidney is functioning normally. If you experience any symptom associated with kidney disorders, consult a doctor immediately.
For calcium. We make our children drink milk. But if nescafe coffee is added in milk. Whether same quantity of calcium benefit is gained?
Cleft palate or palatoschisis is a common genetic abnormality that leads to a horde of problems and is presently a growing challenge to medicine practitioners. The major developmental stages affected due to this particular irregularity include feeding, speech development, dentition and maxillofacial growth which are rather important to the normal overall developmental pace of an individual. Even though the cleft palate deformity was defined centuries ago, no fixed management algorithm exists for patients suffering from the condition in the present day scenario.
Cleft palate may be successfully fixed using reconstructive surgery. Multiple specialists are involved in the reconstruction surgery including plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, nutritionists, oromaxillofacial surgeons and speech pathologists. Some hospitals also consider psychological therapy for the patient and the family to help get through the emotional trauma and the issues faced due to developmental backlogs.
The treatment for cleft palate usually begins around 9 to 12 months of age. If left untreated, it may cause major deformities. It takes about some years before the whole procedure is completed although it depends on the type and severity of the deformity.
The process involves the administration of anaesthesia after which the palate repair closes the inner, middle and final layers and at the same time realigning of the palatal muscles in a technique called anintravelarveloplasty is conducted. This ensures that the muscles are adjusted in a normal position which facilitates the best functioning of the palate during feeding, swallowing and speaking. It is possible that the child might require more than one surgery to completely close the palate.
Some of the risks involved during the process include:
1. Abnormal reactions to the medications
3. Problems in breathing
4. Need for more surgery
Although complicated and time consuming, cleft palate must be given immediate attention to avoid serious developmental issues. The reconstruction surgery and therapy combined ensures a normal development for the child in the longer run, given the surgery was done at the correct time. The child would be required to remain at the hospital for about 5-7 days. Complete recovery takes a time period of 4 weeks. Keeping the wound of the surgery clean is of the utmost importance and it should not be strained.