Doctor in Lotus Hospital
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Lotus HospitalYour feedback matters!
My child is suffering from copd from last 2 years, now he is 6 years old, somebody recommends seroflo 125 to avoid copd/asthma as he has to do nebulizer every week .kindly suggest seroflo 125 is safe or not.
Please suggest. What happens if viscodyne D is taken for 4 to 5 days for wet cough? Is there any serious, but the patient is getting blood out of his mouth, how to get recovered?
I am having cough from last 2 weeks. At midnight, when I cough; the malgam gets stuck in my throat and makes me choke. Doctor saw my X-Ray and found everything normal. What should I do?
I have cough and cold. I am suffering from 1 month. Though I have used cough syrup more than 4 type. Please allow suggestions that can work fast.
Hi Sir/madam! I am suffering from cough continuously from One month. Many tablets are used but no result. What is the reason. And which tablet is best give me some suggestions.
My father's age is 68. He has right side plural effusion for 2 months. CT scan report suggests no signs of malignancy, no TB, infection most likely. He is taking physician medicines but no reduction in effusion. He is heart patient with 25% EF. Please advise.
One of the best and easiest ways to manage the symptoms of the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD is through a healthy and nutrient dense diet. This would not only help you to not only keep the severity of the symptoms in check but also to maintain a healthy weight.
Tips to keep in mind when choosing a diet
- Managing Weight: It is essential for patients with COPD to manage their weight. The symptom of breathlessness could be more severe if you are overweight. You might feel fatigued and tired if you are underweight. Therefore it is crucial to monitor your calorie intake and therefore also your weight as recommended by the American Lung Association.
- Balanced Diet: It is essential for patients with COPD to eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet. One that is varied and rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats or proteins according to a study published in the August 2014 issue of the International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. A well-balanced diet will ensure that you get all the necessary vitamins such as C, E, and D that are necessary to help you cope with this condition.
- Protein: Lean proteins such as eggs, meat, poultry, nuts, beans, and fish especially oily fish such as mackerel and sardines, should be incorporated into your meal plan. These proteins are necessary for patients with COPD especially if they are managing their condition through exercise.
- Carbohydrates and food high in fibre such as lentils, oats, and beans will improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Potassium: Fruits and vegetables such as beets, potatoes, bananas are especially beneficial in preventing water retention in patients
Foods To Limit Or Avoid
People react differently to foods, there are some foods that patients with COPD should limit or avoid but if they do not seem to have an impact on your symptoms you can make them a part of your meal plan.
- Limiting salt intake irrespective of whether you are a COPD patient or not is always a good step to take. But if you are a COPD patient excessive salt in your diet could cause fluid retention which could worsen your shortness of breath.
- Dairy products such as milk and cheese can irritate the respiratory pathways making phlegm thicker.
- Certain fruits and vegetables such as apples, cabbage, stone fruits such as peaches and soybeans can cause gas and bloating.
- Caffeine in coffee and chocolate could interfere with certain medications that you have been prescribed. Confirm with your doctor if you can still include them in your diet. Patients with COPD need to drink plenty of fluids and it might be beneficial to opt for non-caffeinated beverages.
- Fried, greasy and spicy food can cause gas and indigestion which can affect breathing.
Discuss your diet with your doctor or ask for a recommendation of a nutritionist who would help you to work out a meal or diet plan best suited for your condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son is 16 years old he has cough regularly so please guide me for home remedy to cure. Thank you.
I wanted to know if sinus bradycardia is life threatening? Also what are the precautions to be followed in day to day life for this to be in control.
Doctor I am suffering from cough and cold from last three months when I take medication it's controlling after few days it is coming I am taking azithromycin 500 and Dec 100 and ebast 10 mg lot of flu is coming while cough is it because of any chest infection or it is TB what can be the problem please tell me with this skin allergy is also their what is the problem.
I am 36 years old with my left inside nose tilted due to enlarged bone since my childhood. Though the growth is constant now but I feel problem taking complete breath and suffer from mild asthma also. Please suggest should I go for surgery or medicines are there to correct it completely.
I have 2 year old son. He is having cough right now. Should I make him bath daily? Usually his bathtime is 2 pm. As it is winter should I skip his bath due to common cold? Please advice
I am suffering from dry cough last 2 year TB test or other bold test or ENT Dr. se bhi or homeopathy medicine bi try ki pr k6 din baad tk relief deti h pr fir nhi.
I am suffering from asthma allergic rhinitis and nose blocked problems I am using montek lc and doxyphilline tablets for 2 months is there permanent solutions in homeopathy I have also anxiety neurosis.
I feel very sick after travelling even short distances. I have lived in a pollution free township and rarely used to travel. It is because of pollution and dust I feel difficulty in breathing and then there is suffocating feeling and headache. It is also the smell of car which makes me feel sick. Is it because of some allergy or is it because I can not breathe properly while travelling?
I feel very sick after travelling even short distances. Sometimes because of so much dust and pollution I feel difficulty in breathing and then I get a headache.
Hello Doctor, I am getting Continuous Cough and Throat Pain. I used some Tablets but only a little change in it. How to overcome that?
Bronchitis is also called kasaroga in the Ayurveda treatment.
Cause of Bronchitis
- Impaired digestion: Ayurveda after various studies have considered the cause of bronchitis primarily to be due to impaired digestion. As a result, the physicians tell people and prescribe the drugs that possess the ability to correct the stomach and the lungs. The processes of digestive impairment and the various remedies are therefore selected in a way for the cure that will in a way restore the digestive balance in the human body.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis can also be considered as a reason towards the cause of bronchitis in human beings.
- Other reasons: Bronchitis in the human body are usually caused allergies in the airborne like a smoking cigarette and chronic cough accompanied by environmental pollution.
When the phlegm is expelled becomes viscid and viscid phlegm has the tendency to stick to the bronchi causing a difficulty in breathing and causes the lungs to starve out of the air. In very serious cases of bronchitis, there will be a constant cough, the rise in temperature, abdominal pain, nasal congestion, loss of appetite and hoarse voice and leads to the manifestation of tuberculosis in the chronic form. If the disease gets serious, it can lead to bronchial asthma.
- Turmeric Powder and Milk: The easy and simple form the treating bronchitis is the applying a teaspoonful of the turmeric powder along with a glass of milk two times or three times a day. It works best if taken on an empty stomach in the early morning.
- Homemade Powder: The powder is made of quantities of dried black pepper, ginger, and long pepper which is mixed along with honey that is applied three times of the day.
- Liquorice root: As a home remedy, grinding liquorice root to powder is a good way, add a cup of water and half spoon of powder to water and then heat it for a good 15 minutes. After the remedy, it prepared to drink it twice in a day and filters the drink.
- Ayurveda Medicines: There are some standard medicines prescribed by the Ayurveda for treating bronchitis which includes juice of vasa, rasa sindur, honey, pravalapisthi, kaphachintamani, sitopaladichurna, etc. In the case of a very congested throat along with bronchitis consumption of khadiradivati provides a sense of relief due to the catechu present in the medicine that helps to recover.
The Best Herb for Bronchitis
The herb vasa are the best solution to cure a cough and bronchitis, especially in the chronic conditions. Some Measures to be taken to prevent bronchitis
- Care should also be taken to avoid cold water situations,
- Eating of curds and sour foods should be restricted, and avoided
- Fruits like bananas and guava are harmful to the human body in this disease.
Ayurveda treatment provides quick relief from the pain and is economical at the same time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The inflammations of the lining in the bronchial tubes, which are responsible for carrying air from and to your lungs are known as bronchitis. It is a respiratory disease and more than a million cases are reported each year. Bronchitis requires medical diagnosis by your healthcare provider and can be chronic or acute. Cold or other respiratory infections can cause acute bronchitis whereas smoking leads to chronic bronchitis. Acute bronchitis usually lasts for few days but with persistent cough. Whereas, chronic bronchitis can be responsible for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
Symptoms of bronchitis:
The symptoms common to both acute and chronic bronchitis are given below:
- Cough which may form mucus
- Body aches and breathlessness
- Headaches, blocked nose and sinuses
- Fever with chills
The diagnosis of bronchitis is done by your doctor who will ask you about your cough. Some other questions may include your medical history, about smoking or whether you have had cases of flu or cold recently.
Treatment for bronchitis:
Your doctor will mainly recommend pain relievers and cough syrup along with warm air to breathe mainly at indoors. However your doctor may prescribe the following medications in cases of severe bronchitis:
- Cough medicine: These medicines will help to remove mucus and irritants from your lungs. Medicines may not be able to suppress the symptoms completely but will give you relief from pain.
- Bronchodilators: Which clears out the mucus by opening your bronchial tubes.
- Mucolytics: These helps loosen mucus in the airways and help to cough up sputum.
- Oxygen therapy: It will help to improve the oxygen intake when you face difficulty in breathing.
- Therapy: Pulmonary program will include a therapist who would work to improve your breathing.
- Medicines: Using anti inflammatory medicines to reduce damage to your lungs tissue and to also avoid chronic inflammation.
Prevention of bronchitis:
Acute and chronic bronchitis can be reduced by the following measures; however, they cannot be completely prevented:
- Avoiding dust, smoke, and air pollution. You can always wear a mask when you are on the road or in traffic.
- Washing your hands often to avoid germs and infections.
- Avoiding smoking as it can cause harmful damage to your lungs.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!