Submit a review for Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, DelhiYour feedback matters!
I can't able to sleep at night time. But I feel very sleepy at next day morning office time. How can I solve this problem?
Dear sir I feel that I suffer from sleeping sickness. I also want to sleep. If I do not take sleep then my body became painful. So I to you that you suggest me some precautions & remedy. Thanking you.
Hello doctors. I'm 18 years old student. I feel tired throughout the day, but I can't sleep at night. I wake up at night at any time. I can't concentrate properly And feel too less confident. I fear talking in people even with my family and my friends. Daytime tiredness and sleepiness. Difficulty In doing tasks and remembering. Irritability and depression. What should I do? I'm damn worried about that. Please help me.
I work in night shift and I sleep in day. Sometimes I am getting dreams and after I waking up I feel like my head is paining a lot and I feel that there is no complete sleep. Why this is happening?
In today’s stressful environment, more and more people are being diagnosed with psychological disorders such as insomnia and depression. Neither of the two are things which people feel lucky to possess. However, it is interesting to note that there is a link between the two conditions. Also, the problems are a lot more common than a person is likely to first think; 80% of depressed people suffer from chronic insomnia!
For a long time until recently, many people were of the opinion that most depressed people were insomniac. But that is not really correct. The two issues do overlap to a large extent, but they are different from each other. Again, that does not mean one cannot affect the other.
When a person has depression, one of the main things that he or she can experience is a lack of pleasure from the activities and happenings which occur in his or her daily life. Similarly, when a person does not get enough sleep or even just cannot sleep, he or she is quite likely to display a tendency to worry. Often, worrying sets the stage for depression to develop in the person. In fact, doctors have observed that people who do not sleep enough are more likely to undergo treatment for depression than the others.
Recent findings have concluded that when a person sleeps better, the case of depression also shows an uptick. In addition to this, the habit of sleeping well can also go quite a long way to make sure that a person does not relapse into depression. According to some sleep therapies, people who suffer from lack of sleep are advised to follow a systematic routine of getting to bed and getting out of bed. Activities including reading in bed or watching TV after going to bed must be avoided. While there are various means to help a person sleep better, the choice as to which one would suit a person in the best possible way is only best decided by the person’s personal doctor. What is for sure is the fact that a person can effectively sleep to a better life!
So, it can be said that if a person wants to cure his/her depression and enjoy life being peppy, napping away is not such a bad idea after all. Having said that, everything is good only up to a certain limit!
I am from mumbai age 25. Yesterday when I woke up I feel gaat below my stomach. On waistline. What will I do. Is it because of wrong sleeping position or any others reasons.
My sleeping tim ws 12 am-6 am. Som dys working whole night after that my sleeping tim chngd, nw my sleeping time is 4 am-11 am. I go to bed 11 but I cnt sleep. Nr 3-4 am I feel sleepy mood. Wht I do nw for sleeping time 12 am-6 am.
I am not getting sleep in the night time .i am getting sleep at 2-3 pm. Any remedies to get early sleep.
I'm working in night shift and preparing for other exams as well can you please let me know how can I be active and focused only having 3-4 hr sleep.
Dr. what is the adequate sleep required for 18 year boy what are the things I have to do to get good sleep.
1 week ago I was in play ground one dog sniff below my wrist small saliva touched and when I reach home I found wound in thumb (accidental scratch with skin teared) Is I need anti rabies vaccine? 1 year 4 months ago I got 4shot of anti rabies vaccine when my cat bite me I got fear about this.
Sleep is the best reliever of all stress and physical pain. Not only is it important to get sleep, but also to sleep soundly and without any disturbance. The quality matters. Here are a few tips to get better sleep:
- It is important to maintain the same sleep schedule every single day. This helps to naturalize your body clock and get the best quality sleep.
- Switch off all mobile phones, laptops and other electronic devices. Their artificial glow not only hampers your eyesight, but also prolongs the amount of time your body takes to relax and fall off to sleep.
- If your back pain causes you to continually wake up in the middle of the night in discomfort, then sleep with a pillow or cushion between your legs so as to straighten out your back and relieve pent up stress.
- The importance of your pillow can never be stressed upon enough. Your pillow should be not too fat, hard or soft. It should just about support the natural curve of your neck, so that it is perfectly aligned with the centre of your body. Correct sleeping postures are extremely important.
- Make sure your room is nice and dark so as to stimulate the secretion of a hormone called melatonin that is regulated by light exposure. Darker the room, greater melatonin, making you more sleepy.
- Those who exercise regularly and well are known to be fitful sleepers. Exercise well before bedtime. If required, do some light yoga or stretching exercises that promote sleep.
- What you eat throughout the day makes a difference to the quality of your sleep. Stay away from too much caffeine, alcohol, or a heavy meal just before sleeping. They only make you stay awake for longer and may cause heartburn or stomach trouble. Don't drink too much water, or else you will be making more midnight trips to the bathroom than clocking those sleep hours.
- Try to keep your head clear of all worries and stress when in bed. Regular meditation and deep breathing can help.
There is no end to all the things you can do to sleep well and comfortably. It is important to be self-disciplined to sleep well and hence be a healthy individual.