Male Sex Problems Ayurvedic Treatment
Male Infertility Treatment
Female Sexual Problems
Weight Gain and Loss
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful. Thanks doc. But problem is that she is not getting her periods of this months.. its almost 10days over of her date. so we are scared.
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are very helpful. You perfectly diagnosed it. I think I over masturbate and I do that while watching porn. Even I thought it must be due to this.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful, knowledgeable, well-reasoned, sensible and helped me improve my health. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful. Thank you for your advice. I'll definitely try again. Nd which type of position should be good?
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, professional and helped me improve my health. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be sensible, professional, practical, inspiring and very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful. Sir please tell me how to do kegel exercise in you tube there is no how I do kegel
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are very helpful, well-reasoned, professional, nurturing and knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful, knowledgeable, thorough, sensible and practical. Excellent sir will follow
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are very helpful, thorough, well-reasoned, knowledgeable and practical. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be inspiring, sensible, caring and helped me improve my health. Thank you sir
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are knowledgeable, caring, practical and sensible. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be professional and knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Share feedback in your own words...
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are well-reasoned, very helpful and practical. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be knowledgeable, practical, inspiring and prompt. Thank u sir.
Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam provides answers that are practical. Yes I will start to follow your valuable advise from today
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be saved my life. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be knowledgeable. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Inderjeet Singh Gautam to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Sexual disorders come in different forms and variety; in short they are like people who come in all shapes and sizes. If you have a sexual disorder it does not mean that something is wrong with you. It only conveys that certain issues can affect anyone at any point of time and maybe for a reason or no reason. While some sexual problems have been tracked with their diagnosis and treatment, there are many which are not yet understood well.
The best part of all this is that if you are affected with a sexual disorder something like erectile dysfunction then there is no need to worry as there is a wide range of treatment. The treatment can range from some specific form to psychotherapy. This can virtually help anyone with the sexual disorder despite the concern.
The only concern associated with sexual disorder is that how is it affecting the person. Is it causing distress in their lives or their behavior is changing and would they k=like to change their behavior or the problem.
Symptoms of Sexual Disorders
- Dyspareunia: Constant and repetitive pain experienced during sexual intercourse in men and women
- Erectile Disorder (ED): Inability to maintain erection in men
- Exhibitionistic Disorder: Intense sexual urges and fantasies for over 6 months
- Female and Male Orgasmic Disorders: Repetitive and constant delay or absence of orgasm post sexual stimulation
- Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Constant and repetitive inability of, or maintaining arousal until the sexual activity
- Fetishistic Disorder: Also known as Fetishism, this involves eroticization of nonliving objects or body parts for sexual gratification.
- Frotteuristic Disorder: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Low sexual desire in men
- Premature (Early) Ejaculation: Early ejaculation, much before the person wishes for
- Sexual Masochism and Sadism: Fantasies and sexual urges that have lasted for more than 6 months
- Vaginismus: Spasm of the muscles which cause hindrance in sexual activity
- Sex Addiction (not a recognized diagnostic category at this time)
Treatments of Sexual Disorders
The most common sexual disorder, erectile dysfunction is readily treated with medication. The drugs prescribed for this are Cialis, Levitra, and Viagra. These medicines are only available if the doctor writes a prescription. They work by increasing the blood flow to the penis and in turn an easy erection in men when sexual stimulation is given. Viagra and Levita, both are effective in 30 minutes but Levita works a little longer than Viagra. The effect of both can last up to 4-5 hours. Cialis is believed to work faster that is within 15 minutes and lasts up to 36 hours. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Sex which gives pleasure to most, can be painful for some. Many women, mostly in their menopausal or postmenopausal phase find intercourse and penetration extremely painful. Menopause results in hormonal imbalance, with a significant drop in the estrogen level. The reduced estrogen level results in Vulvovaginal Atrophy (dryness of the vagina and thinning and weakening of the vaginal tissues). In such cases, women experience irritation, Vaginismus (vaginal tightness) and soreness after sex. One can also experience a burning sensation during urination. There may be inflammation of the vaginal tissues. If untreated, the inflammation can cause infection and other complications. "Dyspareunia" or pain during intercourse is very common in postmenopausal women. The pain experienced during sex can be due to "Vulvodynia" as well. Vulvodynia is a condition whereby a women experiences chronic pain in the external genitals or vulva. A number of other factors can also contribute to the pain during sex. A thorough and detailed investigation is thus very important.
Many women find it extremely embarrassing to discuss menopausal problems with their partners and doctors. The key to effective treatment lies in timely diagnosis and medication. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. The postmenopausal changes can vary from person to person. Thus it is very important to discuss every minute detail with your physician.
Many options are available to make intercourse a less painful experience.
- Keep dryness at bay: In most cases, painful intercourse results from dryness of the vagina. Use of a lubricant can ease the pain to a great extend. A water based lubricant is highly recommended. Regular use of vaginal moisturizers is also effective to deal with vaginal dryness.
- Vaginal care and hygiene: It is very important to keep the vagina clean. Avoid using soaps, bath oils and shower gels. They do more harm than good to the vagina. It is advisable to wash the vagina with warm to lukewarm water. Undergarments should be changed twice daily.
- More is good: Having sex at regular intervals is a healthy practice. It not only enhances and improves the blood flow, but also helps to overcome vaginal dryness.
- The Pelvic Floor Therapy is immensely beneficial. In this therapy, a gentle pressure is exerted in the pelvic region to relax the stiffened and tightened muscles. One can also massage the area to relax the muscles.
- Squat is a very effective exercise to strengthen the buttocks and hip muscles. Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles are also very helpful.
-One can also opt for Local Estrogen therapy and Systematic Estrogen Therapy.
Menopause should not affect your conjugal and sexual life. Visit here to know more and forget painful intercourse forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Sex life can get pretty monotonous and listless after a point of time, especially in a faithful and long marriage. Pent up sexual frustration is never healthy for the longevity of any marriage, and they must be given proper release. Fulfilling sexual fantasies is a good way to spice up your sex life because they help you channel all that you deem sexually attractive and through role playing or through sex toys, you can regain the lost libido. Here are some of the techniques you can resort to conjure your sexual fantasies:
- Be adventurous
Sex in kitchen or bathroom has proven to be rougher and hence more adventurous than in the bedroom. Travelling to an exotic place and romantic hotels also yield similar results because psychologically it transports you to a different setting.
- Try role playing
Role playing and bondage claim has been proven to help a lot of people get over their lack luster sex lives. This requires you to make an effort and be imaginative while thinking of roles to play that would entice your partner and get you in the mood as well. Dressing up is a common starting point for role playing games. While the submissive-dominant dynamic has statistically been the most effective, don't be afraid to try out new weird stuff. Sexual preferences vary from one person to another.
- Sex toys
Sex toys can take the edge off in the building up of sexual tension. There are an innumerable number of sex toys available in the market for both men and women. Simple blindfolds, handcuffs and feather whips can induce a new spark in your dull sex life.
- Communicate more
Be frank with your partner about your sexual fantasies and encourage him/her to open up about theirs too. During intercourse, be vocal about what you want to be done to you. For example, if you both are foodies, eating off of each other's body can be a huge enhancement factor.
- Try unconventional ways
Reading erotic fiction and even watching erotic films together can also help connect your sexual fantasy with reality. Wearing sexy lingerie or stripping can work for a lot of people too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
A physical problem related to intimacy is something that keeps the patient from having a satisfactory intimate experience. Many women encounter many kinds of problems at various stages of their lives. In this article, we have listed the seven most common sex problems that women experience. Take a look to know more!
- Lack of sexual desire: A total lack of, or inhibited sexual desire is a problem that may be caused due to factors like age, menopause, stress, hormonal changes, pregnancy and child birth, depression, and even fatigue. Also, a work heavy lifestyle as well as too much focus on areas like children can lead to a situation where sex takes a backseat and after a while, lack of desire sets in.
- Anorgasmia: Not being able to orgasm during intercourse despite plenty of stimulations is a problem that some women face. This condition can be of various types including primary, secondary and others, to depict a range of orgasm related issues where a proper sexual release does not occur. This can happen due to causes like infections, past sex related trauma, pain during intercourse and other issues including anxiety and depression.
- Painful intercourse: This condition can also be called Vaginismus. A number of causes can trigger pain that women feel in the vaginal area during intercourse, which can lead to vaginal contractions or an involuntary spasm. The causes include endometriosis, STDs or sexually transmitted diseases, ovarian cysts, vaginititis, lack of proper lubrication during sex, and stress.
- Arousal problems: Lack of sexual arousal is another problem that can happen due to lack of sufficient stimulation and lubrication which affects the blood flow to the vagina, thus preventing an erection of the clitoris. This condition may also be caused due to stress and relationship problems.
- Related ailments: The presence of a chronic ailment can also lead to sexual problems for a member of either sex. When a woman is suffering from diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, drug abuse and other such ailments, then sex related activities tend to take a back seat and are often also hindered due to the symptoms of some of these conditions.
- Side effects: Taking medication that has to do with depression or menopause can also have a bearing on the kind of sex life that a woman enjoys as these medicines often create hormonal imbalances and numb certain neurotransmitters with the suppressants that they contain.
- Psychological factors: It has been proven medically that stress, anxiety, depression, trauma and other such factors play up on the sex life of a patient in a serious manner. Using frequent practice with proper lubrication and counselling as well, one can overcome such problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The frequent, passionate portrayal of shower sex in movies gives most people the idea that it is an everyday occurrence. That couldn't be farther from the truth. While shower sex helps stimulating fantasies as well as disinhibiting and developing your sexuality, mentioned below are a few reasons why one should take precautions while performing this sexual act or avoid it all together. Lastly, a lot of people find it difficult to have sex in the shower, so if it doesn't work for you, don't blame yourself.
Cons of Shower Sex:
1. Slippery floor- All of us know that slippery and damp places are accident prone areas and the shower is no different. Both the partners must keep in mind a few precautions before getting all hot and heavy under the shower. Owning a non-slip rug is essential and goes a long way to avoid twists, cramps, shocks and painful fall glides that may break or seriously injure your arms or legs.
2. Condoms- It is best to stay out of the shower while having sex if you still use condoms because no tests have been conducted to see if condoms can withstand soap, shampoo or any other type of cleansers mixed with hot water. It could get away with water, increasing your risk of pregnancy.
3. Lubricant- Shower sex can be very uncomfortable for women because the water washes away all the natural lubricant produced. Moreover, for women (usually those who opt for birth control pills) who cannot produce enough lubricant, shower sex can be painful.
However, there are silicon based lubricants in the market that make having sex in the shower easier and more comfortable. Do not use water based lubricant because the water can wash it away easily.
4. Security- Being secure is a very important factor when it comes to having sex in the shower so that one doesn't harm or injure himself or herself while in the throes of passion. Only the wall should be used as support. During such sessions try to hold on to something that is firmly attached to the wall to improve support. Do not seize railings, pipes, shower curtains, etc. as they may break or come apart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
What're the general natural steps that a man should follow to get healthy and strong penis with more stamina? Bcoz I had been a habit of daily masturbation and due to that my penis get weaker with less stamina. So is there any way to get back the original situation of my penis which was happened at the initial position of my penis where my penis was free from all these damages?
actually my major problem is premature ejaculation it is enough to take confido tablets 2 per day it is ok I am interested to take that.
I have problem in my sperm whenever I go for urine it get fallen and my sexual life also affected by this.
I am suffering from penis problem During masturbation foreskin doesn't allow head to fully come outside. I feel pain in foreskin. It becomes very tight and after masturbation my foreskin doesn't allow head to go inside. So is there any solution without surgery. Because lot of people say that you have to go through surgery of foreskin and I don't wanted to to surgery. So kindly give me solution on that.
I am highly addicted to masturbation it is sch that a day doesn't pass without doing masturbation. How can I reduce i? And is there anything related to hair fall?
I am 23 years old. I am getting sudden erection problem. Till last week all was OK but from last two days the erection is as it was but it doesn't remains firm. I am a lot tensed please let me know about it.
Hi, I'm 28 years old. I can't keep my erection firm for a longer time while intercourse, which disappoints both of us. I want to know what could be the reason and how can I cure this?
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
With the advent of the internet and it's free nature, pornography has become one of the most viewed explicit contents of the internet. Though not made for adolescents, pornography is viewed by a large number of teenagers and young adults. Sex education is highly necessary for teens and young adults and pornography can never be substituted for sex education. Read more to find all about it.
- Pornography is an act: The porn industry like all other industries exists for profitability and actors who indulge in explicit sexual activities on screen are professionals and the scenes are entirely scripted. The purpose of sex education, which is to provide knowledge about a person's own sexuality is lost in porn. Similar to romantic movies, which are far off from reality, pornography is also a fantasy.
- Pornography is focused on the act itself: Sex education is not just learning about sexual activities or preferences, but also about learning reproductive sex, safe sex, reproductive health, birth control and also emotional relations and responsibilities. Pornography is graphic by its nature and does not provide any knowledge on these subjects, which are of utmost importance as comprehensive sex education is necessary for every single person.
- Pornography gives out the wrong message: The different positions or ways, which actors perform in pornography might be admirable, but it should be kept in mind that pornography has a purpose and it is not providing sex education to adolescents and young adults. When engaging in sexual activities with your partner, their level of comfort, their consent, and their preferences matter the most. So knowledge gained from pornography is in most cases faulty. Also keep in mind that there is a stark difference in what is shown in porn and what happens in real life.
Physical intimacy makes some people very uncomfortable. In some cases, this can be bad enough to be called a phobia. Erotophobia refers to the phobias related to sex while the fear of sexual intercourse itself is referred to as Genophobia. There are many reasons for sexual phobias. It ranges from traumatic events to physical disorders such as premature ejaculation etc. This is also an uncomfortable topic to talk about and hence many people misunderstand it. Here are a few strategies that can help you overcome this fear.
Educate Yourself: We are most scared of the things that we do not know. Keeping this in mind, educate yourself about the anatomical structure of the human body including the male and female genitalia. Understand how a sexual experience goes from excitement to plateauing and finally to orgasming. This will make you feel more in command over the situation.
Communicate With Your Partner: Your partner may misunderstand your fear of sexual intimacy as not accepting him or her. This can make them feel unloved and lead to relationship troubles. Hence, communicate openly with your partner and share your feelings and emotions. Understand that sex is an emotional activity as much as a physical activity and hence engage in a sexual relationship only with a person you are emotionally comfortable with. If you are feeling uncomfortable at any point, say NO and ensure that your partner understands what you are feeling.
Have Fun: Sex is not supposed to be a chore. Lighten the mood and find ways of making the experience enjoyable. Focus on foreplay rather than intercourse itself to reach a state where both partners are relaxed and at ease.
Address The Functioning Of Your Body: When it comes to men, erectile dysfunctioning and premature ejaculation are common causes of sexual phobias. Consult a doctor to treat these conditions and make a few lifestyle changes to live in a healthier way. Eating the right food, getting enough sleep and regular exercise can help give you confidence in your sexual abilities and thus treat sexual phobias. Also, avoid drugs that affect your physical functioning.
Stay in Control: For women, safety is a big issue when talking about sexual intercourse. To prevent yourself from being emotionally or physically harmed, you must always stay in control of your body. Avoid the use of alcohol or drugs that make you lose control and always keep yourself protected by using birth control or keeping a condom at hand. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
One of the effects of pregnancy is lowered libido. Pregnancy can tire out a woman and put a hold on her relationship with her partner. Even after the baby is born, a woman may not feel inclined to have a sexual relationship with her partner. Though this is normal, it can lead to problems in your relationship. Hence it becomes important to put in an effort towards maintaining intimacy with your partner in a relationship. Here are a few ways to keep the spark alive:
Find alternative ways of staying close: Having intercourse when you have no desire for it makes it a chore. Instead of having sex for the sake of it, find other ways to be intimate. For example, you could take a shower together or massage each other. Being physically intimate can also be as simple as holding hands or touching your partner when you walk past them. A quick hug before leaving the house for work in the morning is also a good idea.
Communicate openly: A woman is not the only person hesitant about sex when pregnant or caring for her newborn. Men may also feel hesitant to initiate sex in the fear of hurting his woman. Many men also become extra gentle with regards to their partner when she is pregnant. Hence, it becomes important to communicate openly and share your feelings and thoughts. Do not be afraid to tell your partner when you feel uncomfortable about your body or when your libido surges suddenly.
Do something together: It is easy to get overwhelmed with preparing for a baby or looking after one. However, it is important to set some time aside for an activity that both of you can do together. It could be as simple as drinking a cup of tea together in the morning, solving a crossword puzzle or watching a television show at before going to bed. The idea is to give each other attention for at least a little time every day.
Accept the changes: A woman’s body undergoes a lot of changes when she is pregnant. Do not fight against these changes but accept them as they are and roll with it. Be prepared for breast milk to leak or for a little urinary incontinence. This is normal. It may help to dim the lights while having intercourse or putting down a rubber sheet over the bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
People are beginning to understand that masturbation is not simply a superficial form of pleasuring the self, but an activity that can provide some benefits in terms of health and fitness as well. Not only that, masturbation also helps men and especially women, learn more about their own sexual behavior, preferences, and desires.
Here are the reasons why masturbation can lead to good health:
- Masturbation to strengthen the body: In case of women, masturbation makes the muscles of the pelvic floor stronger. Along with this, it decreases the likelihood of developing yeast infections in the vagina or surrounding areas. This improves bladder control and also improves sexual experiences. For men, masturbation helps to develop better resistance to prostate gland infections. It also helps to improve the health of the prostate. It also gives a boost to the immune system.
- Masturbation demystifies the concepts of sex and sexuality: In Indian society, discussing sex and sexuality is seen as taboo. Discussing these issues openly is regarded as immoral. This causes many people, especially young people, to have unclear ideas about their own bodies and bodily desires. This causes a lot of stress and anxiety in their minds. Masturbation helps them to come to terms with these issues by exploring their own bodies in a new way. This helps to promote well being by dismantling primitive ideas about sex and sexuality.
- Masturbation as a process of stress relief: Pleasing oneself after a hectic and taxing day at work can reduce a lot of stress. The activity releases endorphins into the blood which helps to improve one's overall mood and helps the individual to relax. In the 21st century, this is indeed a great advantage where people are constantly under pressure from various areas of life.
- Masturbation also helps with Pre-Menstrual Syndrome (PMS): Most women go through a wide variety of PMS symptoms such as intense stomach cramping, mood fluctuation, anxiety, tension, and pain in the legs and the back. Masturbation has been found to ease these problems to a great extent.
The most crucial condition for any male is any disorder which hampers his physical intimacy with his partner. These physical discomforts create psychological impact for any male and affect the personal and social life. Premature ejaculation is one such sexual disorder that occurs in male. In this premature ejaculation the men ejaculate the semen involuntarily too earlier or during the orgasm itself.
There exact cause of premature ejaculation is not known. But few researches suggest causes like physical conditions like nervous conduction problem and increased penile sensitivity. Psychological factors include performance anxiety, early initiation of masturbating in adolescence and trying to complete the masturbation process too early in fear of getting caught by adults, passive aggressiveness and unresolved relationship issues.
Primary symptoms include clearly the ejaculation of semen too early during sex. This may cause a feeling of dissatisfaction and disappointment to both the male and female partner. But male have this dissatisfaction at higher rate than the female partner.
- Lack of self confidence in sexual act which may further lead to other psychological disturbances for both partners
- Problem or difficulty in interpersonal relationship
- Depression because of the failure in sexual attempt
- Embarrassment mainly to the male partner and this causes anxiety to male partner in the matter of sex
- Increased level of stress and some may even show decreased level of performance in their professional work
- If the problem is caused because of any psychological reasons this can easily be treated with psychological counselling and with the guidance of the sexual health advice.
- If the problem is with the newly married couples or with the new sex partner this may get automatically resolved as their relationship gets improved over period of time.
- If premature ejaculation is caused because of any physical reasons this can be treated with the anti-depressant drugs. But most doctors don’t prefer drugs as this may cause many adverse effects on sexual life on regular usage.
- Some doctors’ advice the use of lidocaine 20 – 30 minutes before having sex as this may increase the ejaculation time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific sexual problem, you can consult a specilized sexologist and ask a free question.
Vaginismus is a condition where vaginal contractions and squeezes may be caused due to pain during intercourse or due to the insertion of objects like tampons. This mildly uncomfortable condition is also characterised by spams and other symptoms like the feeling of coming up against a thick wall which can cause pain. This may be due to a variety of reasons starting from infections to anxiety. To a large extent, the treatment of this condition depends on the cause. Following are the various ways in which this condition can be treated.
- Sex Therapy: A sexologist or an expert who specialises in psychosexual medicine can help in treating this condition by conducting a series of counselling sessions where psychoanalysis will help in understanding and unravelling the cause of the condition. This may be followed by CBT or cognitive behavioural therapy. This kind of therapy usually helps in reprogramming the brain after the root cause for the condition is known.
- Exercises: During sex therapy, the doctor may also teach you various kinds of exercises and vaginal trainers that can help you in strengthening the pelvic floor and relaxing the muscles as well. These vaginal trainers are especially helpful in equipping you suitably so that you can relax your vagina and let the insertion happen. Vaginal trainers consist of four smooth balls of plastic which can be inserted with the help of lubricants to help in stretching the vagina.
- Relaxation: Getting yourself to relax is also a matter of exploration and touching, which can help you understand the kind of touch and the exact areas that make you tense. During sex therapy, you may be taught a technique known as progressive relaxation. This mode includes tensing and relaxing your muscles as you explore by inserting a finger.
- Sensate Focus: This is a part of sex therapy and involves your partner. In this method, you will be asked to abstain from sex and touch each other without going to the genitals and other private parts. This will help in better arousal and sexual stimulation.
- Surgery: The last option for treating a very severe form of this condition is to put the patient through surgery which will seek to remove endometriosis, as these growths in the womb's lining can cause a lot of pain during intercourse. Also, vaginal enlargement surgery can be carried out with the help of episiotomy.
This kind of procedure usually helps in fixing the scar tissue that may have been left from a previous procedure, which can restrict or block the vaginal path. Getting help at the right time for this condition is of great importance so as to have a normal sex life.