Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
STROKE- Popularly known as "Brain Attack". It occurs due to sudden impairment of blood supply to a part of brain leading to acute neurological insult.
Stroke is an emergency. Know the signs of a stroke and Remember FAST.
F- Face Drooping - Ask the person to smile. See for any deviation/asymmetry of mouth. If YES..
A - Arm Weakness Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward? If YES..
S- Speech Difficulty Ask the person to speak, look for any slurring of speech. If YES..
T- Time is money , Call Ambulance/Rush to the hospital.
Other signs/ symptoms -
Sudden onset of numbness or weakness of the leg / arm.
Sudden confusion/ trouble seeing in one or both eyes, trouble walking, Chakker, loss of balance, severe headache / Loss of speech.
Be Aware, This can be STROKE.
Act FAST, Save LIFE and disability. Up to 80% of strokes are preventable
Health Tip - Heart Diseases
In the race to live king - size, we embrace short cuts and unhealthy habits making our bodies a den of diseases. And one such life style disease is heart diseases. Symptoms are an increased or rapid heart beat restlessness nervousness and fatigue, pain in arm waist neck and jaws, difficult in breathing or shortness of breath dizziness and vomiting, and pain and swellings in legs and foot.
Causes: Smoking and alcohol consumption, hereditary or inherited heart conditions, tension wrong dietary habits and obesity, excess of anger excitement jealousy and rivalry triggers heart diseases exerting adverse influence on brain
Prevention: Eat nutritious wholesome food for all meals, ideal body weight, regular exercise and chuck blood sugar and cholesterol periodically.
Infants Topic Diarrhoea
When if one frequently passes watery stool that have no lumps in them look out for other symptoms of diarrhoea. These can include vomiting, fever, and sometimes blood or mucus in your baby's stool
Newborns pass stool freq, so you may worry that your baby has diarrhoea when in fact one pass stool that are normal for her age.
Also, how often your baby does a stool will depend on whether she's being breast or formula-fed.
Here are more signs of normal motion:
The stool of breastfed newborn babies is usually yellowish and on the soft or liquid side. Your baby may fill nappy up to five times daily.
Sometimes a breastfed baby will pass motion during or immediately after each breastfeeding session. This happens because as her stomach fills up, the milk stimulates her entire intestinal tract, prompting a bowel movement.
Within a month, most breastfed babies do one or two poos a day.
Causes of diarrhoea?
The most common cause of diarrhoea is a virus called rotavirus
Rotavirus causes an infection of the gut called gastroenteritis. The infection damages the inner lining of your baby's intestine, allowing fluid to leak and food to pass through without any nutrients being absorbed. In some cases, rotavirus can lead to a serious bowel infection and dehydration.
A vaccine against rotavirus will be offered as part of your baby's routine immunisations when she is eight weeks and again when she is 12 weeks.
Diarrhoea can also be caused by:
Allergies (find out more about milk allergy and intolerance and food allergies)
Enzyme deficiencies, although these are rare
How should care during baby's diarrhoea?
Make sure that your baby drinks plenty of fluids to help ease her symptoms and prevent dehydration.
If your baby is taking breast or formula feeds best than
You can try your baby with sips of oral rehydration solution (ors) a few times an hour.
An ors helps to replace the fluids and salts your baby loses because of the diarrhoea. Keep giving water and usual breastfeeds
Don’t give her fruit juices, glucose drinks and fizzy drinks. Unabsorbed sugar draws water into the intestine and can make diarrhoea worse
Don’t give your baby anti-diarrhoeal medicine. It must not be given to children under 12 years old, as it could cause serious side-effects
To prevent your baby passing on her diarrhoea to other children, keep her away from childcare or nursery until at least 48 hours after her last diaeroohea
Breastfed babies less likely to get diarrhoea?
Yes. Certain elements in breastmilk can inhibit the growth of the germs that cause diarrhoea
Should stop giving solid foods in diaerrohea?
No. If your child is six months or older, unless she is vomiting frequently, you can still give her solids.
You could try foods such as bananas, rice, apple puree, and dry toast if your baby has recently started solids.
For an older toddler you could try small amounts of chicken and starchy foods, such as mashed potatoes and pasta.
But don't worry doesn't want to eat. It's more important that drinks to avoid dehydration
When should call the doctor?
Diarrhoea can be worrying if it lasts for more than a few hours, but it will usually clear up on its own. If your child has loose, watery stools for more than a couple of days, call your doctor
The biggest concern with diarrhoea is fluid loss, so don't delay in showing your pedatiaric if your baby shows these signs:
Dry skin or lips
A sunken fontanelle
Discoloured hands and feet
Strong yellow motion
Fewer wet nappies than usual
Shows the following secondary symptoms:
Vomiting which lasts more than 24 hours
Fever that lasts longer than 24 hours
Refusal to drink
Blood in motion
A swollen tummy
How to decrease baby’s discomfort?
Cuddle and comfort as much as possible, and keep her dry. Use care and tenderness when changing nappies since it's easy for a baby's bottom to become sore with diarrhoea. Use a barrier cream to prevent irritation if the diarrhoea lasts more than a day.
How prevent baby from getting diarrhoea again?
Proper hygiene can help reduce the chance of diarrhoea, because the germs that cause it can be easily passed from hand to mouth. So wash your hands thoroughly with soap after handling soiled nappies or using the toilet.
Madam/Sir, When I eat anything after half an hour it became like indigestion and feeling like I drunk plenty of sour water I mean the food became acid. What shall I do to reduce it?
I have masturbation habit for daily now I'm facing lots of problems my penis size is decreased. Is any treatment are there to cure my problems.
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control. Can I take pomegranate juice in empty stomach as of I have heard it helps to improve sexual power.
Hi I am a diabetic n under insulin control. Whatever I eat it leads to gastric formation n I release too much of gas n sometimes it be comes a cause for embarrassment. Kindly tell me what to do n is it a cause of worry.
I do masturbation once in a day? Is that really bad for health? And how many times r perfect for our health?
Hi, I'm working night shifts past three days onwards I'm suffering for tight motion, yesterday onwards little bit blood on my stool.
Piles or haemorrhoids might cause severe bleeding in the anal region due to an abnormal enlargement of the rectal veins. The bleeding occurs as a result of a sudden increase of pressure in the rectal area.
The haemorrhoids, which tend to grow on the exterior part of the anus, are usually severely painful as compared to the internal haemorrhoids (which are invisible and grow on the insides of the rectal area).
What are the possible causes?
The major causes of haemorrhoids are genetic factors, pelvic tumours, excessive alcohol consumption, obesity, lack of regular physical exercise, undiagnosed and chronic gastric disorders such as dysentery, diarrhoea or constipation and a significant increase in weight of the uterus during pregnancy.
The signs and symptoms of this disease might include intense pain and irritation in the rectal area along with the presence of blood in the faeces and abnormal swelling of the affected area.
Homeopathy For Piles:
When it comes to alternative or complementary treatments for piles or hemorrhoids, Homeopathy offers the best treatment for piles. It is the best not only because the cure rate is exceptionally good but also because Homeopathic treatment for piles offers several more advantages. It is very economical when compared to any other alternative or complementary treatment for piles. At the same time, the homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects. This is one of the biggest advantages of Homeopathy over any other system of medicine. While you are under treatment of any other system of medicine, you run the risk of getting one or the other side effect while Homeopathic treatment for piles is absolutely safe. That is why I say that Homeopathy is the best when it comes to alternative or complementary treatment for piles or Hemorrhoids.
If taken in a prescribed dosage, homeopathy can be very effective to cure piles. The most beneficial homeopathic preparations for piles are:
- Nux vomica: This homeopathic preparation is useful to cure piles that exhibit the symptoms of extreme irritability and intolerance towards cold weather. If the reasons behind piles include the consumption of spicy foods, excessive intake of alcohol and smoking, this particular remedy can work wonders.
- Hamamelis: This preparation is used to address such a condition if the symptoms exhibited include blood in the feces along with continuous discomfort and contusion (an area of injured tissues).
- Ratanhia: This preparation provides an effective remedy for severely painful hemorrhoids (which cause complications during excretion) along with the symptoms of severe pain that persists even after several hours of excretion and a burning sensation in the concerned area.
- Graphites: This medicine works especially well for the fairer sex if the symptoms happen to include chronic constipation, skin eruptions in the rectal area and menstrual abnormal menstrual cycles.
- Aesculus HIppocastanum: This homeopathic preparation provides an effective remedy for non-bleeding hemorrhoids that exhibit symptoms of severe back pain and pain in the anal regions.
- Arsenic Album: This homeopathic offering eases the symptoms that worsen with any sort of movement. Severe bleeding of the hemorrhoids can also be treated with this medication.
One of the fastest growing disorders in modern times is the malfunction of the Thyroid. The statistics show that the Thyroid condition is the most under-diagnosed health problem. There are millions of people suffering from Thyroid problems, but only a few out of those are diagnosed and treated, see positive results using Thyroid medications. Often the Thyroid levels appear normal with lab, yet the individuals struggle with the symptoms of Thyroid problem. The Thyroid is one of several glands in the endocrine system, located in the front of the neck. The glands of the endocrine system control many of the body’s functions through chemical substances called hormones. The hormones produced by the Thyroid gland regulate how the body cells use energy and how fast the body’s metabolism work. This gland also affects the rate of growth of the hair and bones, the body over weight, temperature and energy level as well as the function of the heart and digestive system.
Homeopathy For Thyroid
In homeopathy, there is no general treatment and no specific remedies for any disease. Rather, treatment is individualized. This means that the presentation of a disease in each patient is considered unique, and the homeopath prescribes remedies after an intimate consultation with each patient.
During the homeopathy consultation, the homeopath considers more than just the symptoms of the disease. He also considers the disposition and constitution of the patient. This means that the homeopath approaches treatment by weighing the physical, mental and emotional states of the patient as well as the symptoms of the disease. This approach leads to the prescription of a unique set of remedies for each patient. Therefore, two patients suffering from the same disease may receive two different sets of remedies from the same homeopath.
The second principle of homeopathy is the use of poisons to treat diseases. Homeopathy employs watered down poisons to treat disorders. A similar principle is used in the production of vaccines in conventional medicine. If a natural compound may cause certain symptoms and signs in high doses, homeopaths believe very low doses of the dilute solution of the compound can also relieve the same symptoms and signs.
Despite the apparent confusion and the seeming lack of coherence, homeopathy has been largely successful and in some cases, its practices and remedies can be backed up with scientific evidence. Even though homeopathy does not provide specific remedies for any disease, it is still possible to draw up a list of commonly prescribed homeopathic remedies for any disease.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.
Nail fungus is a very common problem. Symptoms include inflammation, swelling, yellowing, thickening or crumbling of the nail. It is usually not painful, unless the infection spreads. If left untreated, nail fungus can cause cracking, splitting and even complete loss of the nail. The good news is that nail fungus is curable and can be treated very easily. There are many specialized treatments required for bringing quickest recovery. Most people think that medications are the only solution in this regard, but this is not true as there are many therapies that are needed along with medicines so that speed of recovery can be boosted to a great extent.
Treatments for fungal nail infections:
- Antifungal medications: Nails are first tested thoroughly in order to get the confirmation about nail fungus. Both growth and reproduction of fungal cells are prevented by consuming these medications. Some of these medicines are used for topical or external application while others are taken orally. Some of the physicians suggest continuing, both types of medicines simultaneously for getting more powerful effects and quick recovery. However, there are a few probable side-effects that occur while taking these medicines and these include loss in taste, rashes, diarrhoea, itching, headache and others.
- Using antifungal nail-paint: Nowadays, you can use antifungal nail-paints so that the deepest layer of the nail can be well treated and infected parts can be healed quickly. But you have to continue the usage for a few months, or else, you will not be able to get the desirable results.
- Laser treatment: This treatment is one of the most powerful ones and can treat your infected nail with greater speed and accuracy. Light energy in high doses is used for treating nail infection in this case. The above treatments are really quite helpful, and you can choose any of them as per your necessity, preference and affordability.
Things you can do at home:
- Keep your hands and feet clean and dry
- Wear well fitting shoes made of natural materials and clean cotton socks, these will allow your feet to "breathe"
- Clip your nails to keep them short, use a separate pair of clippers or scissors for the infected nail
- Don't share towels and socks with other people, and ensure your towels are washed regularly
- Don't walk around barefoot in public pools, showers, and locker rooms, special shower shoes are available to protect your feet
- Consider replacing old footwear as it could be the source of the infection
- Treat athlete's foot as soon as possible to avoid the infection spreading to your nails
Premature ejaculation is the uncontrolled occurrence of an ejaculation at the beginning or early stages of sexual activity. There are many causes of this condition including stress, anxiety with a new partner, guilt, depression as well as medical reasons like hormonal imbalances and as a side effect of certain kinds of medication. The main symptom is an ejaculation that happens with minimal sexual excitement or stimulation.
It is basically a form of male sexual dysfunction that can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination where the doctor can also ask questions pertaining to stress levels and other medications and ailments. So, how can one deal with premature ejaculation? Here are a few tips-
1. Relaxation Techniques: One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm.
2. Avoiding Substance Abuse: Doctors usually recommend avoiding excessive consumption of alcohol so that the senses are more alert. Also, one must completely avoid smoking in such conditions, as tobacco can have an adverse effect on the sexual health of a person. Other substance abuse should also be avoided.
3. Therapy: The patient can also seek psychological therapy and counselling so as to unravel any deep rooted psychological cause or trauma that may be keeping him from enjoying sex in an uninhibited manner. It is possible to understand the connection between childhood trauma, guilt, depression, anxiety, and stress if a person takes help from a professional practitioner who will also recommend some form of cognitive behavioural therapy to deal with the issue and overcome the problem and feelings that are hindering a normal sex life.
4. Medical Intervention: A doctor can help in examining the presence of any infection or side effects of any intense or long term medication with the help of a physical examination and even lab tests that can study the urine and blood samples. Accordingly, a suitable path of medicinal therapy can be followed, if required.
5. Sexual Positions: One can try different kinds of sexual positions and scenarios for more imaginative role play and better sexual excitement which can delay the ejaculation. A person can also learn to be more intimate with the partner so as to identify the triggers that lead to premature ejaculation.
Many times, premature ejaculation goes away with the passage of time. But a chronic and debilitating problem must be reported to a doctor for better treatment.
She is vomiting a lot of milk from last 2 hours. Earlier she used to spit milk but that was normal. Baby is 2 and half months old now. Please advise.
I'm 18 years old. I am masturbating daily two times and sometimes 3 or 4 times. Does this kind of activity shows any harmless to our health. If so then suggest me some proper medication and also tell me how to get a bigger penis?
I'm B.Tharun 18 years old. I am Masturbating daily two times and sometimes 3 or 4. I can't controlling it. Is is harm to my health. If it is what are the preventive steps to be taken?
I masturbate to much some time before almost daily for a twice week so shall this effect my future sex Life. If yes how can I cure it.
Insect bites and stings ( bee, wasp, fire ant, mosquitoes, snakes ) can be painfully annoying. The stings are often accompanied by redness, swelling, pain and inflammation. Some of the stings and bites, if not treated timely, can prove to be fatal. The goodness of homeopathy is known to all.
There are excellent homeopathic medicines available for insect stings and bites:
- Formica rufa: Stings from fire ants can be an awful experience. There is blistering and the affected area appears reddish. The sting results in an excruciating stinging pain. There is uncontrollable itching at the affected site. However, the sting does not result in much swelling. Formica Rufa is an effective homeopathic medicine to treat such stings.
- Apis mellifica: Sometimes, insect bites or stings result in immediate swelling and inflammation at the site of the sting. The unbearable stinging pain is followed by itching. There is a burning sensation and the affected area appears red and hot. In extreme cases, there is considerable swelling of the throat and the mouth (the mucous membrane swells). Apis Mellifica is a powerful medicine providing immense relief. Since the sting site feels hot, a cold compression can be a good option.
- Staphysagria: Do not lose sleep over mosquitoes and mosquito bites. Staphysagria is an excellent homeopathic option to deal with mosquito bites. The medicine serves dual purpose. It can be effectively used before (Prophylactic) as well as after the bite. Caladium Seguinum can also be used to treat mosquito and fly bites.
- Ledum and lachesis: Ledum is the best homeopathic remedy against poisonous animal bites. When it comes to snake bites, nothing can be more helpful than Ledum. The area affected by the bite turns slightly bluish. The area feels cold and there is a pricking pain and inflammation. Sepsis from animal bite can also be prevented by Ledum.
Lachesis is equally helpful against snake bites and other poisonous insect bites. This medicine is recommended in case the injury site appears bluish purple. There may be a haemorrhage, with the blood appearing few shades darker (almost black in some cases).
Though Ledum and Lachesis provide great relief, getting medical assistance is still very important:
- At times, an insect sting can leave a person traumatised. There may be a stinging pain with swelling and tingling. Aconitum Napellus is the best option to treat and deal with such situations.
- Urtica Urens is helpful against allergic reactions resulting from insect bites and some foodstuffs (shellfish).
- Histaminum is useful against insect bites and hay fever.
- Cantharis provides relief from stings and bites resulting in inflammation and redness.
Most of the Homeopathic medicines provide almost instant relief from insect bites and stings.
Psoriasis can be defined as a skin condition, which is caused due to autoimmune disorders within the body. This is a condition where the skin on the body develops raised and dry areas which are reddish in colour while also being bordered by silvery scales.
Treatment of psoriasis in Ayurveda: Ayurveda has a different slant to conventional medicine with regards to the treatment of psoriasis. According to Ayurveda, it is the impurities in the blood, which cause the immune system to react adversely and cause this condition. Ayurveda concentrates on treating the underlying problems through the combination of changes in diet, home remedies and certain medications to treat this disorder. Some of them are mentioned below:
Changes in diet which will help purify the symptoms:
Some advice that is usually given to patients to clean up their diet and include certain other items are as follows:
- Avoid spicy food and try to eat food, which can be easily broken down within the digestive system
- Inclusion of more fruits and fruit juices in your diet
- Also include vegetables and also have a mix of boiled vegetables daily.
- It is better to avoid animal products such as animal fats, eggs, canned and processed foods from your diet.
- Regular consumption of butter milk and curd are known to be very good in blood purification and thus should be consumed in large quantities.
Some Ayurvedic tips and ingredients, which can help treat psoriasis:
Other tips that can be implemented as skin applications to treat psoriasis are as follows:
- Use avocado oil to rub on the affected areas as it is known to be an effective treatment when applied long term.
- Ensure that the skin is always moisturized by applying a soft, cream or gel.
- Periodic baths in sea water if possible is also good for lessening the symptoms of psoriasis.
- Aloe vera cream applied specifically on the patches is known to also lessen them overtime.
Few other tips to follow:
- Get into deep breathing and meditation to ensure that your body and mind are relaxed as this is very important during the healing process
- Expose the affected areas of your skin to mild sunlight for about half an hour daily as it is known to improve symptoms.