Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Duggal Ultrasound And Maternity ClinicYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years old. My last date came on 2nd november, 2016.after this I had taken 6 or 7 i-pills to protect pregnancy whole month. After this my date is not coming. Its my 4th month, that my date didn't come. I had checked 10 times in this time period .the results are negative. I am very tensed. Please tell me what to do.
My wife for the past 3 months she had 45 day long cycle. This month currently she is on her 40th day. We started having sex from day 6onwards and continued every alternative day till 32nd day. Today morning we tested hcg test which results in negative. What should we do now. Please help.
With cosmetic surgery, today, it is possible to reshape the contours of your face anyway you like. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common types of cosmetic surgeries. This is a surgery to restructure the shape and size of your nose. This procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia. Depending on the amount of restructuring needed, the surgery can be performed as an outpatient procedure or may require an overnight stay at the hospital.
To change the structure of the nose, the surgeon makes an incision on the nose to access the bones and cartilage. This incision can be made inside the nose to keep the scar from being visible after surgery. Depending on how the nose is to be structured, bone and cartilage may be removed or tissue from another part of the body may be added. Once this is done, skin and tissue is re-draped over the bone structure. A splint is added outside the nose to support it while it heals.
This splint and internal dressings remain in place for about a week. The area around your nose and eyes will also feel swollen and appear bruised. This swelling and bruising will take at least a fortnight to subside. The swelling may make your nose feel congested and cause slight bleeding and drainage of mucus. Cold compresses and pain medication can help relieve the discomfort.
Here are a few other tips to help speed up the healing process:
- Keep your head elevated and relatively still for a few days after the surgery
- Take bucket baths instead of showers while the nose is bandaged
- Avoid blowing your nose
- Avoid making extreme facial expressions
- Limit movement of the upper lip by brushing your teeth gently
- Eat fiber rich foods to avoid constipation
- Avoid wearing clothes that need to be pulled over your head and instead wear front closing clothes
- Avoid strenuous activities like aerobics and jogging
- Do not wear sunglasses or spectacles that put pressure on your nose for at least a month
- Protect your nose from the sun by using sunscreen whenever outdoors
- Limit your salt intake
To be completely satisfied with the results of your rhinoplasty surgery, will require patience. It can take a few months for the cartilage and tissues to settle into place. It is also necessary for you and your doctor to be aligned as to the kind of correction needed.
Dietary dos and don'ts for pregnancy
Pregnancy is an important time in a woman's life. During this period, you need to be most conscious of what to eat, do and how to change everyday habits. Following these dos and don'ts will ensure a smooth pregnancy experience for you.
1. Take your prenatal vitamin
If you have not yet started taking a prenatal vitamin, now is the time to start. It's particularly critical to get enough folic acid while trying to conceive importantly during the first trimester. It greatly reduces your baby's risk of developing neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
2. If you smoke, quit
Smoking increases your risk of developing several problems including miscarriages, placental and preterm birth problems. It slows the fetal growth and increases the risk of stillbirth and infant death. It's never too late to quit or cut back smoking. Every cigarette you don't light gives your baby a much better chance of being healthy.
3. Do eat seafood
Seafood is loaded with vitamins and minerals. Consume a variety of seafood so you don't have a concentration of minerals from only one type of fish. But remember to not eat more than 12 ounces of fish per 7 days.
1. Don't drink alcohol
Alcohol may immensely impact your baby's development. Women who drink alcohol while pregnant could easily deliver a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome (fas). Symptoms of fas are usually low birth weight, learning disabilities, behavioral problems, and lagging patterns in terms of growth and development milestones. Limiting or avoiding alcohol is a step that you need to take.
2. Don't eat raw meat at all
Raw and undercooked meat or eggs carries the risk of food-borne diseases as well as food poisoning incidence. Make sure all eggs and meat that you eat while you are pregnant are cooked well.
3. Don't drink lot of caffeine
Caffeine easily travels through the placenta and increases your baby's heart beats. Research shows that women can safely consume a cup or two of coffee every day, but avoid downing a triple shot strong latte while you have got a bun in the oven.
More than half of the women who menstruate, tend to go through pain from period cramps for a day or two every month. During the menstrual cycle, the uterus contracts to remove its coating or lining. Hormone like substances, called prostaglandins, which are the cause for pain and aggravation, trigger the uterine muscle contractions. More elevated levels of prostaglandins are linked with more severe menstrual cramps.
While menstrual cramps, additionally called dysmenorrhea, are normally not an indication of a highly serious health condition, they can act as barriers in your daily lifestyle. To help with the pain, here are five things that may offer some relief. In case your period cramps appear to be extreme or you do not get help even after attempting some of these choices, check with your specialist for the required medication or treatment. Five ways to prevent severe menstrual cramps are:
- Exercise: A regular walk or any sort of physical movement can relieve you from the abdomen and thigh pain. This discharges endorphins to balance the prostaglandins and diminish your cramps. Exercising a little three to four times each week is useful for the general strength of your body.
- Apply a heating pad: Warmth unwinds the contracting muscles in your uterus, which is the reason for your pain. There are a number of over-the-counter warming pads and cushions, or electric, reusable heating bags.
- Drink chamomile tea: Certain teas may calm menstrual cramps. Teas have been used traditionally and can offer relief from pain. Chamomile tea is one of the most effective teas among many others. It tends to increase the hippurate element in your body, which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Mitigating agents diminish the prostaglandin formation in the body, accordingly assisting in pain relief from menstrual cramps.
- Improve your diet: Vitamin D is vital in decreasing menstrual cramps. Decreasing your fat intake and eating more vegetables as a part of your diet may ease the pain. Low-fat food and less carbs help your health by and large, even as they can have an obvious impact on menstrual issues. Swap less solid fats like the saturated fats found in junk food, for more healthy ones like unsaturated fats found in olive oil. Getting more dietary magnesium appears to relieve the pain as well. Magnesium directs better nerve and muscle functioning, among other crucial functions.
- Massage with essential oils: Using certain sweet-smelling oils and massaging them can likewise soothe menstrual pain. Dilute lavender, clary sage, or marjoram to a three percent concentration in an unscented cream. The duration of pain can be lessened from two and a half to one day after self-massaging with these essential oils.
I had my period between 10-13th feb n had a intercourse on 17 feb without protection. Is there any chances of getting pregnant? Wht should I do?
I m.25 years old unmarried female. I have severe vaginal itching with a little white discharge since last 6/7 days. Due to this I have pain and swelling. Please give me proper suggestion and treatment.
Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and married I have so much of interest in sex, but my wife did have a that much of interest we don't have personal issues its a love marriage, at the time of sex she feels so much of pain I am not able to do the sex, that means her Virginia is very tight. I am not able to push into her pussy Is there any medicine for my wife to get a interest in sex. Please help me.
Hello respected doctors I am 3mnth pregnant and I had intercourse wth my huby last nyt and today I am feeling little bit pain in tummy sometime is it normal.
I am a 18 years old lady and have a 24 years old boy friend. We decided to have sex. But couldn't complete our session. As my vagina is very tight and I have suffered a lot a pain .And my boy friend couldn't see me in pain so he left it in between. Pls suggest me some ideas to deal with it.
I have a 7 year daughter, trying to for 2nd baby, when should I go to the doctor and what tests I have to done.
I want to conceive baby but follicle converted into cyst. Is any pill for this problem. please help.
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or Brown Bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared with brown bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
A 19 year old got suicidal for selfie - the American Psychological Association people taking ‘selfie’ have a mental disorder. The Oxford dictionary's, word of the year 2013 is Selfie.
"Sir, our child is all around selfie these days. He keeps on clicking his pictures at every nook and corner of home. He even doesn’t miss bathroom. He even doesn’t allow to move the objects in the home and keeps rearranging them for a perfect photograph. He spends around half of his time in capturing.” These were agonizing words of parents seeking help for their child. Yes it is, bitter, but true. A handy option to capture self and publish is the latest ‘in thing’. A routine sight these days is people taking their photo through mobile in different poses and places and making it viral on their favourite social network. The above sensational statements are from news agencies on internet and it has been a talk of the town that whether Selfie is a mental disorder or not? or Why people capture selfie? or Even celebrities are into it?
Oxford dictionary defines Selfie as, “ a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website.” This process involves making a desired expression, arranging a background and objects around, selecting a place and thinking of a pose to click. Even people avoid others to come in the frame. Some of the phones and softwares even alter the expression and skin textures and colour. To take a perfect selfie people go upto an extent of spending 10 hours a day and taking 200 photos, the case with Danny Bowman, 19, is the first person diagnosed in Britain with this type of obsession. The more one clicks, the more it creeps to get another and seek appreciation and attention from social media. And then it’s a social learning or imitation or sense of competition to post better and better selfies in albums than your mates. The more unique expression, the more it gets appreciated, the more it gets appreciated , more it develops a desire to snap more of it.
Looking into the psyche behind selfie, its pretty obvious that likes, comments, shares, etc do matter for these posts. These feedback creates pleasure in brain and it reinforces the behavior of taking out the mobile, changing your face and going for a click. This doesn’t end here. One thinks of exclusive selfie and keeps on indulging into all those behaviours which he or she has never done before. There have been reports of people posting selfie with a firearm, selfie with nude posters behind, selfie with kicking effil tower, selfie punching government signboards,etc and so on. This desire of seeking attention goes beyond the morale and conscience. At one point of time, there is blunting of this pleasure response and brain keeps it repeating without goal or purpose. But what if no one appreciates on social network? Then anxiety starts of making one more and more appropriate and perfect for appreciation.
The issue about OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and Selfie is still under discussion. Though some of the posts are there for American Psychological Association naming the term ‘Selfitis’ and classifying into different categories, still its authenticity remains unclear. Logically thinking and analyzing this behavour links it to some of the symptoms of OCD. Like an obsession a repetitive, automatic, intrusive thought from own mind of clicking the photograph and not able to control this urge; followed by a compulsion repeatedly posting them on internet to overcome the anxiety of obsession. This cycle moves on and on. Beneath this thought process, lies a perfectionist tendency, guilt prone nature and self image disturbances. Putting light on perfectionism, there are people who want to be more and more proper in work, behavior, career, socializing and that reflects in this tendency of having a perfect selfie too. Another aspect is guilt proneness, where a person out of dissatisfaction feels guilty about his ownself and blames self for his or her current state in life; this dissatisfaction leads to click more and more and gain sympathy by people. Lastly, self image disturbance; like what people will think about me? How others will judge me? This belief leads to post more and analyse self more and to the maximum one can. Often, other symptoms of OCD are associated with Selfie. Some of them are repetitive and uncontrollable checking lock, washing hands, over cleanliness, counting money, seeing weird images, abusive words in mind to God or parents, old haunting memories, etc. and associated sleep disturbance, memory loss, decreased concentration, appetite disturbance, indecisiveness, low self confidence,etc.
What is a ‘selfie’ discussion? That might have created a stress in mind the next time you go for a click. Its not a mental illness with everyone. A casual take once a week is not a mental illness. It develops into a psychiatric disorder once it disturbs your routine, communication and most of the time spending in selfie. Solving this jigsaw of OCD, one needs to realize that social network is virtual thing and appreciation in the form of like or share or comment is often taken for granted or usual behavior. It’s a novelty of mind that keeps on giving feedback that it sees on net. Also, some might give false feedbacks too in both ways, one by false praise and second by fear of getting the relation breach. A sincere appreciation and feedback is the one given face to face with eye to eye contact and one from closed one who have been knowing you since long. With OCD symptoms rising, its better to consult a psychiatrist nearby and seek help in the form of psychotherapy (counseling) and if required medication. Were there selfies in 90s, no discoveries might have occurred, as people might be spending more time into it showing what they have discovered. This attention seeking nature of people now needs to be explored. Strained relationship at home and personal life gives birth to all this behavior. Focusing more on work and goals of life and at the same time setting up a life style which fits your capacity often helps in boosting self image, self esteem and overcoming perfectionism. One should realize that pleasure of satisfaction and appreciation lies within. Seeking it externally would make one a prey to ‘Selfie’.
One of the most common scenarios that most people are faced with is a constant feeling of tiredness and lethargy even after you have had a full night’s sleep. The questions popping in your mind right about now is, why is this happening? Why does the lethargic feeling fail to leave you even after you had a proper 8 hours sleep? Why is your sleep getting into the way of your professional productivity? Though there are a number of different explanations to this constant feeling of cloudiness throughout the day, hence, experts in the field have listed down some of the factors that prove to be the major causes behind this condition.
Some of these most common and powerful reasons are listed below.
- Thyroid: The moment your thyroid levels start soaring, you will automatically find it difficult to keep up with the pace that your day to day life demands. The thyroid gland, which is placed right in front of the throat, is the size of the knot on your tie. This gland produces a hormone. When the activity of the thyroid gland, it starts secreting more and more of the hormones, leading to a condition termed as hyperthyroidism. The same gland when underperforms, it starts holding back the hormone secretion, leading to a condition called hypothyroidism. In both the cases the metabolism of the body slows down, leading to an increased level of tiredness even after proper sleep.
- Anaemia: Another leading cause of that nagging feeling of sleepiness and draining energy is Anaemia. Anaemia causes a certain amount of fatigue in an individual. The main cause influencing this situation is the lack of presence of enough red blood cells. The main function of these red blood cells is to transfer oxygen constantly from the long to the cells and tissues. A break in this process leads to you feeling weak and also short of breath.
- Diabetes: Diabetes poses a serious threat to the all over functioning of your body. It is termed as the slow killer and constantly works towards undermining the level of energy a normal individual can hold. This adversely affects your day to day life, including your performance at work and also performing your daily chores at home. The glucose in your body serves as a fuel for your daily activities. Since patients with type 2 diabetes cannot use this rising glucose in their blood properly, they end up being more tired than they ought to be.
Other conditions that lead to the same draining feeling and constant tiredness even after lot of sleep are depression, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, sleep inertia, periodic limb movement disorder, constant exposure to computer screens, tv screen, monitors, etc. There are a whole bag of other factors that lead to the constant feeling of tiredness that you are feeling. Before the end of the day, you are drained, your productivity drops and you cannot wait to hit the bed, and the same is the condition when you get out of bed. Consulting a general physician will not only help you put a finger on the cause, but also cure it with proper treatment.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.