Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Yogesh Gupta ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am terribly suffering from severe bad breath. When I wake up in morning, my mouth stinks so much that I myself can feel the bad breath. After brushing, immediately within an hour my mouth starts stinking. I brush twice a day, in morning and before going to bed along with applying manjan at evening. I do scaling twice a year and dentist confirmed that oral hygiene is good. I have a runny nose while having my meals, my tongue gets white throughout the day despite of cleaning it daily in morning and while brushing my teeth in morning also I feel that bad breath is coming from my throat. I am not a doctor but I doubt it's a nasal issue or may be tonsil stones issue. By reading the above information, can some doctor please advise, which type of specialist I should see I'm Pune. I mean ENT, gastroenterologist etc? I really wish to eliminate this bad breath issue permanently so please please advise genuinely. Thanks in advance.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD is a hormonal system disorder occurring in women of reproductive age. It is also known as Stein-Leventhal syndrome. PCOD refers a unique set of symptoms, which occur when there is a hormonal imbalance in a woman’s body. The symptoms include late or no periods, pain in the pelvic region, heavy bleeding during periods, weight gain, growth of facial hair, acne and difficulty in conception or getting pregnant.
Cysts develop in the ovaries, which cause hormonal imbalances like the levels of androgen get raised more than the normal limits. Although androgens are the hormones for male, they are present in minor quantities in normal females. With the increase of androgen levels, it creates a disturbance in normal ovulation cycle leading to disturbance in menses.
All PCOD patients are advised to lose weight and do regular exercise. The common symptoms includes irregular menses, growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, abdomen, chest, legs and fingers. An ultrasound examination can confirm the ovarian cysts. PCOD can lead to complications like type 2 diabetes, raised cholesterol levels, infertility, depression, cancer of uterus.
The conventional system of medicine has no cure for PCOD. Homeopathy however, offers the best alternative as it concentrates on treating and curing the root cause of the problem. Homeopathy believes that the human body is designed by nature to keep itself disease free and when its own internal vitality is unbalanced, the body becomes prone to disease. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the human body is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid.
1. Apis Mellifica is best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of PCOD with stinging pains in the ovarian region coupled with tenderness over abdomen and uterine region.
2. Pulsatilla works great for patients of PCOD who suffer from scanty and late menses. It is suited for young girls in whom the PCOD starts at puberty.
3. If a person suffering from PCOD with bearing down pains from the back and abdomen, then Sepia works like magic. The menses are irregular with too late and scanty or early and profuse. The patient is irritable and indifferent.
4. Lachesis is for patients with aversion to tight clothes. The menses are short and flow is feeble accompanied with pains in the abdomen which get relieved after the flow starts.
5. Graphite work great for patients of PCOD suffering from constipation. The patient has intolerance to cold and often feels tearing pain in the stomach coupled with hardness in the ovarian region.
Jaundice is a condition that results in excess of bilirubin in the blood. One of the first signs that become evident is the skin becomes yellowish in color. This article will reflect on the probable causes of jaundice and the way to detect them. While there are a lot of treatment options, the exact course of treatment depends on the underlying cause of the disease.
Causes of Jaundice:
Jaundice is the result of an underlying disorder that either cause overproduction of bilirubin or stops the liver from getting rid of it. In either case, the bilirubin gets deposited in the tissue. Some of the underlying causes of jaundice include the following:
- Liver inflammation: An acute inflammation of the liver can restrict the liver to conjugate resulting in accumulation of the bilirubin inside the liver.
- Inflammation of the bile duct: This is a serious condition that might result in non-secretion of the bile and failure to remove the bilirubin resulting in jaundice.
- Gilbert's syndrome: This is an inherited condition. It restricts the enzymes to excrete bile resulting in jaundice.
- Hemolytic anemia: This is a condition where a large amount of RBC is broken down resulting in an increased production of bilirubin. This lead to jaundice.
- Cholestasis: This is a condition that leads to an interruption of the flow of bile from the liver. As a result, the bilirubin gets accumulated in the liver resulting in jaundice.
- Dubin-Johnson syndrome: This is again an inherited condition that stops the bilirubin from draining out of the liver.
- Pseudojaundice: This is a harmless condition that might result in jaundice due to an excess of beta-carotene. People who tend to eat a lot of melon, carrot, and pumpkin have a high possibility of getting this type of jaundice.
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome: This is a genetic condition that impairs the ability of the tissue to excrete bilirubin from the liver resulting in jaundice.
Surgical Pathological Cause-
- CBD stone
- Periampullary carcinoma of pancreas
- Choledochal cyst
- Mirrizi syndrome
- Duodenal growth
How is it diagnosed?
- Urine Test: A urine test aims to measure the count of urobilinogen. The latter is produced when bacteria inside the body breaks the bile into smaller parts. A Higher count of urobilinogen certainly suggests the indication of Jaundice.
- Blood tests and Liver function: A liver function test can help a doctor diagnose certain liver ailment such as the cirrhosis, hepatitis and alcohol led diseases. Apart from these, the protein produced by liver and releases into the body tends to fall. A blood work will capture the reading and indicate towards jaundice.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests are only required when post-hepatic or intra-hepatic jaundice is suspected. Some of the tests that are helpful include MRI, Ultrasound scan and CT scan.
- Liver Biopsy: A biopsy is recommended to witness the condition of the liver when the liver is affected by serious condition along with jaundice such as cirrhosis etc.
In surgical pathology(jaundice), laproscopy / open surgery require according to diagnosis and symptoms!
My penis is quite small is there any medicine or hand job exercise and any food I can large my penis. Please tell me what should I do?
I get frequent headaches, sometimes either on the right side or behind or at times the whole head. Taking panadols don't help Please help.
Hi, I am suffering from bad breath problem have not got any help any doctor ever since 15 years help.
Doctor I am writing in hindi as well as in hindi. I am having problem with my right ear, I am not able to listen from right side. I went to sant permanent hospital so they told that aapke kaan ka parda sooj gaya hai because of cold. I totally agree because meko cold and cough tha. And now after taking medicines for 5 days my cold and cough are gone but the main problem of my ear is like worse than it was. I can listen from right ear but very low voice. There is no wax I am sure and the doctor also said. Can you prescribe something to do at home to get relief please.
Hello doctor? I am 21 years old and I do masturbate last 5 years and now I am leave in a relation. So when I go for sex with my partner I ejaculate in a small time like 1 minute. Its a very bad thing and I do sex with my partner last 6 months and I keep many tablets for long time ejaculation but its not work properly .suggest me what I do for come out of this problem?
Hey doctor! I wanted to know, one of my friend may had or may not had proper intercourse with her guy, but she is still not down yet. Like her date was suppose to be on 9th of August (as last month she had on 9th July) but she had like not proper sex with him on 17th of august. She dint had proper sex, like the penis was not inside the vagina directly and girl was wearing her panty. And the guy liquid flow on to the panty but on the lower side of it. So main concern is, she is not Down yet. So what is it? Will be any chance of her getting pregnant?
I am 18 years old I am. Masturbating since when I was 15 years and at that time I masturbate a lot so now I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and night fall what should do I recover my erection back and prevent nightfall.
I am 35 year Male having Blood Pressure. Right now I did monthly check and found my results cholesterol, 254 and TSH third Generation 70 which is very high. I am right now taking Stamlo5 and Rexipra 10. What should I take for Thyroid and Cholesterol.
Sir/madam, my age is 28 years. For the last 2-3 weeks I'm unable to sleep properly. I feel over thinking is my problem, my question is whether my problem can be cured by psychiatric techniques i.e. May be something like hypnotizing as we watch in some movies. Please answer to my question. THANKING YOU SIR/MADAM.
I have mouth ulcers all around the mouth and sometimes in throat also. I had consulted so many doctors still no cure. The pain of these ulcers are affecting my mental health also. These ulcers are not periodical. It comes every time .lasts 1 to 2 weeks and gradually cures. It starts as a small dot and grows into big .it occurs in my lips gums throat and in tongue also. I am fed up with this disease. I couldn't even eat food properly due to this. These ulcers shows both red and white colour in the wound. Bad breath is also there at the time of this wounds. There is 4 to 5 wounds at a time.
I can't sleep I just repeat whole day at 12 am to 2 am night nd just not able to sleep I feel more headache in morning and afternoon at office What should I do please help me.
Typhoid is an infectious bacterial fever with an eruption of red spots on the chest and abdomen and severe intestinal irritation, brought about by the Salmonella typhi bacteria. It can also be brought about by Salmonella paratyphi, a related bacterium that generally causes a less extreme sickness. The bacteria are stored in water or in the food by a human carrier and are then spread to other individuals around them.
There are many ways to avoid typhoid fever:
- Vaccination: Take one dose of the vaccine one week before travelling. The other is given orally in four cases, with one container to be taken every alternate day. Neither one of the vaccines is 100% effective. Both require repetitive immunisation since the effect of vaccines diminishes over time.
- Washing your hands: Frequently washing your hands in hot, soapy water is the most ideal approach to control contamination. Wash before eating or cooking food and after using the toilet. Use a hand sanitiser in cases where water isn't accessible.
- Drinking clean water: There are a few ways in which you can avoid getting typhoid fever spread by contaminated water.
- Abstain from drinking untreated water.
- Contaminated drinking water is a specific issue in areas where typhoid fever is endemic. Thus, drink only boiled or filtered water, or canned or packaged carbonated drinks.
- Carbonated filtered water is more secure than non-carbonated filtered water.
- Request drinks without ice.
- Use filtered water to brush your teeth and try not to swallow water in the shower.
- Clean water can get contaminated again in case it is not put away securely.
- Store the clean drinking water in a container with a little opening and use it within four hours.
- Staying away from raw fruits and vegetables: Maintain a strategic distance from crude foods grown in the ground. Since crude produce may have been washed away in water, maintain distance from products of the soil that you cannot peel, particularly lettuce. To be totally protected, you might need to stay away from street food completely.
- Cooking: Pick hot foods. Keep away from food that is put away or served at room temperature. Steaming hot nourishments are ideal. Also, in spite of all precautions, there is no assurance that the food served at the finest restaurants is safe for your health. It is best to stay away from foods served by street side vendors. Completely cook all meats, fish and vegetables. Eat them while they are still hot.
- Washing: Wash your dishes and utensils with proper dish washing soap and water. Wash your cutting board particularly well with a cleanser and water.
- Peeling: Peeling fruits and vegetables protects you from typhoid. Eat natural products that have been freshly washed and peeled, for example, oranges and bananas. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Bloating isn't a medical condition. It doesn't necessarily mean that a person has eaten too much. It can be a case of eating wrong food which has not been digested by the body. Bloating occurs when air and water get trapped inside the stomach or intestine. As a result, the stomach gets swollen well past its normal level.
Culprits of bloating:Bloating can result from a number of cases. Fatty or junk foods are one of the biggest culprits of bloating. It hinders the digestion process and doesn't let the stomach empty on time. Carbohydrates too can cause bloating. Even carbonated drinks can play spoilsport. It creates bubbles in the stomach leading to indigestion and bloating. Some food items related to gas include cauliflower, lettuce, hard candy, beans, Brussels sprouts, broccoli etc. Apart from this, consumption of excessive junk food and soft drinks can lead to bloating.
Steps to avoid bloating: The best way to avoid bloating is to refrain from bloat causing foods as mentioned earlier. If you wear dentures, it should be ensured that it fits properly. There are instances when excess air gets inside the stomach due to an improper fixture of denture leading to bloating. Eating or drinking slowly is another good way of staying away from bloating. When you eat slowly, there are fewer chances of extra air getting inside the stomach. In the case of beverage consumption, avoiding the straw is a good idea. This way the unwanted air cannot make their way inside the tummy and play foul.
Taking a small walk after every meal is another good way of staying away from bloating. This way the gas inside the tummy cannot rise above the surface. The practice of calming technique such as yoga, deep breathing and meditation also goes a long way in giving relief from bloating.
Some home remedies to get rid of bloating include:
- A cup of ginger, lemon and honey in a cup of hot water once everyday
- 1 cup of herbal peppermint tea freshly prepared in boiled water
- In the case of regular stomach bloating, intake of one caraway seed on a daily basis fetches immediate results
- Consumption of a cup of baked pumpkin twice a week
- Consumption of warm lemon water before you start your day is another good way of keeping bloating at bay.
Bloating can also be a symptom of other intestinal related problems as well. If the general method of control and measured diet doesn't suffice, it is time to visit a doctor to find the underlying cause of your problem. Doctors perform a series of tests to understand the problem and prescribe the required medicine to control or cure the problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I have hiatus hernia with H.pylori bacteria in stomach and also I have pangastritis, duodenitis, terminal ileitis ,proctitis and weaknesses.
Glaucoma is a blinding disease, estimated to be present in about 8% of population, in which the Optic Nerve is damaged, usually due to high pressure inside the eye( but can also happen with normal Eye Pressure). This damage can lead to loss of vision which cannot be reversed after it has occurred. However, early treatment can control this disease and prevent or delay blindness.
In most people it is without any symptoms, esp. in Chronic type. So most patients are not diagnosed before extensive damage is done. Hence regular eye examination are important.
Symptoms can be: (a) Frequent change in reading glasses (b) Difficulty in dark adaptation. (c) Bumping into things at unfamiliar places.(d) Blurred or foggy vision. (e) Coloured halos (rainbow coloured rings) around lights. (f) Acute type may present with severe eye pain, vomiting, & vision loss.
Hence, Early diagnosis, proper treatment & proper monitoring are very essential to preserve vision till life span. All people over 45 yrs age & all first relatives of known glaucoma patients must get themselves checked for Eye Pressure and Glaucoma periodically.
Early & appropriate diagnosis is done by judicious use of
- Applanation Tonometry: Gold standard to measure Eye Pressure
- Pachymetry: For corneal thickness influencing eye pressure check
- Early morning: Eye Pressure check to know pressure variations in a day
- Stereoscopic: Optic nerve examination & photography
- Automated Perimetry: To detect visual field defects
- Gonioscopy: To diagnose type of glaucoma- open angle or angle closure- which have different lines of treatment
In present days, OCT(Ocular Coherence Tomography) is used to image the optic nerve but its use is supportive and still not considered a standard of care.
Medical treatment with eye drops & regular follow-ups to ensure pressure control, compliance, address adverse effects , detect progression if any , can help to maintain the vision for a long time
Those patients who are not regular in using drops or who do not follow up as advised or are not controlled by maximum tolerated medical treatment or have narrow angle type of glaucoma may be treated by Surgical/ LASER treatment as under,
- Trabeculectomy: Fluid bypass for open angle type
- Laser Peripheral Iridotomy: Fluid bypass for narrow angle type
- Laser Trabeculoplasty: A stop gap treatment in place of medicines
- Laser Cyclophotocoagulation: For blinded painful glaucoma eyes
- Glaucoma Valve: In glaucoma not responding to usual surgical treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.