Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Shanti Jeyaseelan's ClinicYour feedback matters!
I have no any idea of calculating the fertility Period and so I am not able to conceive. So,kindly assist me regarding this issue about when is the correct time of coitus.
What Causes Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere's Disease is a disorder that basically affects the sense of balance and hearing of the patient. This condition takes place in the inner ear and it may cause problems like vertigo, where patients experience a spinning sensation and a ringing sound as well. This is a chronic disorder, which requires a number of lifestyle changes so that it can be managed and treated without becoming a debilitating problem.
Read on to know more about the symptoms and causes of the condition.
Symptoms: The various signs and symptoms of this disease include a feeling of fullness in the ear, which has been affected by the condition. Also, most patients have a spinning sensation and a ringing sound in the affected ear. Nausea and vomiting may also be caused by this condition, along with sweating and loss of balance. It is also normal to feel uncoordinated when you are suffering from this condition.
Secondary Symptoms: This condition may also cause many other complications, which are known as secondary symptoms. These include anxiety, depression and stress. This usually happens due to the problems in the ear and even the problem of vertigo. This may cause problems for people who climb heights or ladders for their work or even for other recreational causes. The constant sense of dizziness and spinning may cause a person to become anxious and undertake stress when it comes to carrying out various kinds of functions in day to day living.
Causes: There are various causes of this condition, even though many medical reports suggest that the exact cause has not really been understood so far. As any doctor will tell you, the in the inner ear there is a labyrinth which contains fluids. When there is a problem with the composition and level of these fluids, the patient may develop Meniere’s Disease. This condition specifically affects the inner part of the ear. This part is made up of passages and a cavity as well as soft membrane like structures with hair like sensors. These sensors respond to the fluid’s movement within the ear. When this fluid does not have the appropriate levels, it can lead to many complications like Meniere’s Disease, which affect the nerve impulse that these sensors catch and transmit to the brain.
Stages: This disease progresses over a set of three stages. In the very first stage, the patient will experience much dizziness and nausea, before that progresses to the second stage. In this stage, the patient will have moderate to severe vertigo. This is also known as the middle stage. Finally, this may culminate into the third or late stage, which leads to more frequent episodes of vertigo. The hearing of the patient and the ringing sound in the ears will also get worse in this stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Taking birth control pills is one of the easiest and effective remedies of controlling birth. Oral contraceptive pills are taken by about 12 million women of US per year for preventing unwanted pregnancy. Such pills are simply, a kind of hormonal contraception. In accordance to the ARHP (Association of Reproductive Health Professionals), approximately one in hundred women experience an unintentional pregnancy within the first year of using birth control pills. The ARHP also stated that the rate of pregnancy elevates if women miss a pill and the raised rate becomes around 30 to 80 times.
Besides contraceptive purpose, birth control pills are also utilized for non-contraceptive medical purposes for issues like- irregular periods, painful periods or dysmenorrhea, heavy periods or menorrhagia, acne, hair loss or alopecia, minimizing risks of ovarian and breast cysts, etc. Though these pills sound to be quite helpful yet they too have certain side effects or complications. Here is an account on birth control pills- complications with the pill:
Side-effects of Birth Control Pills
While taking a birth control pill for the first time, some people may experience mild nausea. In that case, if the pill is taken along with food or at night before going to bed, then it might help in lowering the chances of nausea. If anyone suffers from this particular side- effect, then it is advisable to consult a physician or seek medical assistance as soon as possible.
The next common complication of taking birth control pills on a regular basis is a headache and migraine. Various pills are available with different dose of hormone. So, the symptoms of a headache also vary. Experts and studies previously stated that if a woman takes pills of low doses of the hormone, then the chances of a headache also decreases. Again, in this case, if you are experiencing headache for a prolonged time- period, then it is better to seek medical guidance.
Changes in the Breast
While talking about birth control pills-complications with the pill, one fact that needs mention is breast tenderness. Such pills may result in enlargement of the breast. This complication usually improves just after few weeks after you start taking the pills. But, if you get to see a lump in your breast or experience extreme pain in the breast along with persistent enlargement, then taking a physician's assistance will be a wise decision. Another way of reducing breast tenderness is by decreasing the intake of salt and caffeine as well as wearing supportive bras.
No such clinical study has ever found any link between taking birth control pills and weight gain. But, still, many reports keep coming from people taking such pills that they experience fluid retention mainly in the hip and breast areas.
Also, it has to be noted that many women undergo emotional changes or suffer from depression while consuming birth control pills. If you tend to face such sort of mood swings, then contacting a physician may help you better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Honey is packed with nutrients and is really delicious to eat. It can be easily added to any diet as a topping, say for fruit salads, ice-creams or as a spread. But are you aware that the jars of this tasty golden liquid could sometimes not be honey at all but syrup that tastes exactly like honey?
In order to boost profits, some producers of honey might dilute their product with adulterants such as flour, sand, and chalk or even syrup or molasses. Listed below are a few simple tips that can help you determine whether the product you are buying is genuine.
- Read the label: In addition to buying well-known and reputed brands of honey, ensure that you check the label for the logo and brand name. This will guarantee that the jar you pickup is not only good quality but also genuine. The label on the jar should list only one ingredient, honey, no additives, or flavourings.
- The warm water test: Add a spoon of honey to a glass of warm water. If the honey is pure when you stir this mixture the honey will sink to the bottom of the glass as a lump or stick to the spoon. If the honey is adulterated with any kind of syrup it will dissolve in the water.
- The thumb test: Put a drop of honey on your thumb. If it spreads or dips then it is not pure. Pure honey is thick and would remain on your thumb.
- The flame test: Dip a dry matchstick in honey, then strike the matchbox. If the matchstick lights with ease and continues to burn then the honey is pure. Due to the moisture present in adulterants, a matchstick dipped in fake honey will not light easily.
- The foam test: Add 2-3 drops of vinegar essence to the honey and mix well. If it becomes foamy after 2-3 minutes then the product you have purchased is not pure.
- The tissue paper test: Put a drop of honey on a piece of tissue paper, if it gets absorbed and leaves a wet or water mark on the paper then it is adulterated.
You might sometimes be able to spot fake honey by its taste and smell, though not always. Honey being a natural product and got from the nectar of different flowers it might not always taste the same. It would also be difficult to taste the product before you buy it if it comes in a sealed bottle or jar. Therefore, it might be beneficial to buy branded or organic products to ensure that the honey you buy is pure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Unani practitioner.
For many people, cooking is incomplete without green chilies. It is what is believed to enhance the taste of a dish by many folds. But the USP of green chili is not restricted to being only a taste enhancer. It is a powerhouse that comes with a myriad of health benefits. Having said that, consuming green chilies in excess will do more harm than good. Daily consumption of green chilies on a limited amount is what is considered to be healthy.
Listed below are some of the amazing health benefits of eating green chilies daily.
- A powerhouse of antioxidants: Green chilies are a rich source of antioxidants that as a defensive shield, safeguarding the body from the deleterious effects of the free radicals. The green chilies are also known for their antibacterial properties, a property that goes a long way to protect the body from various infections and the associated symptoms and discomfort.
- Keep the heart hale and hearty: Bad cholesterol, also known as LDL (Low- density lipoprotein) and triglycerides are a nemesis for the heart, triggering serious problems including stroke and heart attack. Green chilies work wonders to lower the level of the LDLs and triglycerides. It helps to prevent Atherosclerosis (deposition of fats within the blood vessels ) and also maintain the blood pressure and the heart rate within normal range.
- A great mood enhancer: The hormone endorphin is known as the feel good hormone that enhances the mood to a great extent. Capsaicin, an active component present in green chili acts as a catalyst, accelerating the release of endorphins to a great extent.
- Pain, a thing of the past: In many cases, green chilies have helped to ease the pain to a noticeable extent. When one eats chili, the capsaicin present in it binds to TRPV1 (a heat receptor protein), leading to its activation. The activation plays a pivotal role in lowering the pain by desensitizing the nerve cells against the painful stimulus.
- Lose weight with elan: This point is sure to bring a smile to those who are trying to maintain a healthy body weight. Green chilies come with a zero calorie count and do, in fact, accelerate the body's metabolism to an appreciable amount.
- Packed with B-carotene and Vitamin C: The importance of B-carotene for the eyes are known to all. Vitamin C, on the other hand, does the skin a world of good, enhancing the production of collagen and also slows down the skin aging. Green chilies are an excellent source of both of these vitamins.
- Keep bone disorders at bay: Green chilies are also laden with Vitamin K, a blood clotting factor that ensures there is blood clotting following an injury or an accident. It also helps in the mineralization of the bones, preventing many degenerative bone disorders including osteoporosis.
- A boon for diabetic patients: Green chilies have been instrumental in bringing about a significant reduction in the blood sugar level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I had miscarriage last year n now trying to have baby but not conceived I have only one month with my husband n I do not want to mis this chance what to do special thing to conceive.
Me and my husband had an intercourse last night. And since this morning there are blood drops in my urine. This is not the first time we were having sex, and my hymen too was broken 3 months ago. Also I am having a sensation of urination every time since morning, and there is irritation while urinating too. What could be the reason for this? Is this normal or something dangerous? I am really very worried. Please reply soon.
My husband will see all the ladies with sex mind only, even my mother, my sister, all the ladies in front of him. I am afraiding to take my husband to any function. But I do not want to leave him. So, I need anti sex medicine. He want to lose his sex feeling permanently. PLease tell me.
I am 32 years not able to conceive as I have pain during intercourse. During intercourse also I have pain so what is the best medicine for this problem.
You know how it feels when you are in the middle of an important presentation or a meeting and just can't keep your eyes open. You will often come across people who feel sleepy and drowsy throughout the day. Have you ever wondered why do you feel sleepy all the time? There must be some factors or health conditions that trigger this drowsiness. The condition is a serious matter that requires a thorough investigation.
What causes the drowsiness throughout the day?
- Sleep deprivation: One of the major and obvious reasons for feeling sleepy throughout the day can be a lack of sound sleep at night. The trigger could be insomnia or sleep apnea. You wake up feeling tired, sleepy and exhausted throughout the day.
- Depression: Depression, stress (personal as well as professional), anxiety can leave you physically as well as mentally exhausted. As a result, throughout the day you will feel tired and sleepy.
- Chronic Fatigue: This is a condition that can affect people even without them realizing it. A person with chronic fatigue will feel lethargic all the time. In addition to this, there will be muscular and joint ache, headache, lack of concentration. What is even worse, the exact trigger for this condition is not known.
You can also feel sleepy all the time due to certain disorders and medical conditions such as
- Anemia: Anemia, often resulting from an iron or vitamin deficiency can leave you feeling tired. In anemia, the RBCs will be present in reduced amount. The RBC's are responsible for the transport of oxygen from the lungs to the cells and tissues of the body. In the case of anemia, your hemoglobin level will be low causing weakness and drowsiness.
- Diabetes: The harmful effects of diabetes are not new. In diabetes, especially type-2, the body is unable to use the glucose (the concentration shoots up in the blood). In the absence of glucose which is the major source of energy, you will feel sleepy and exhausted.
- Thyroid problems: For your body to function properly, the thyroid hormones should be present in the recommended amount. Any deviation from the normal range can wreak havoc. In the case of the thyroid hormones produced below the normal range, medically termed as Hypothyroidism, the overall metabolic processes in the body slow down. As a result, you end up feeling drowsy and fatigued.
In some cases, dehydration and lack of physical activities can also make you sleepy all day.
How to deal with the situation?
- Lethargy and drowsiness can be effectively managed if you know the underlying factors responsible for the condition. In addition to the medical assistance and treatments,
- Follow a healthy sleep routine (Sleep early and wake up early). Make sure you sleep for 6-8 hours daily.
- Keep your body well hydrated. Drink water and fluids at short intervals.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Avoid getting over stressed. Meditate and exercise regularly without fail.
- Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
अपने खट्टे-मीठे और चटक स्वाद से लोगों के दांत खट्टे करती है इमली. अपने स्वाद से तो सबको लुभाती ही है इसके गुणों पर भी कई लोग लट्टू हैं. लेकिन स्वाद और स्वास्थ्य से भरपूर इमली में सिर्फ लाभदायक गुण ही नहीं होते हैं. इसके कुछ गुण हानिकार भी होते हैं. तो आईए इसके हानि और लाभ को जानें-
1. ह्रदय को रखे स्वस्थ
इमली में पाए जाने वाले तीनों प्रमुख तत्व पोटैशियम, फाइबर और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट दिल को स्वस्थ रखने में मदद करते हैं. पोटैशियम रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित करता है. फाइबर कोलेस्ट्राल को नियंत्रित करता है. जबकि इमली के में पाया जाने वाला एंटीऑक्सीडेंट फ्री रेडिकल्स को चैक में रखने में मदद करते हैं.
2. प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को करे मजबूत
इमली में पाया जाने वाला एंटी-ऑक्सीडेंट और एंटी-माइक्रोबियल गुण दोनों का कॉम्बो मजबूत प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली के निर्माण का बेहतरीन विकल्प तैयार करते हैं.यदि आप लगातार समय पर इमली का सेवन करें तो इससे सभी प्रकार के माइक्रोबियल संक्रमण से दूर रहने और अन्य संक्रमणों से लड़ने की भरपूर ताकत मिलती है.
3. पाचन की प्रक्रिया करे दुरुस्त
जैसा कि हम ऊपर देख चुके हैं कि इमली में फाइबर प्रचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता है. आपको बता दें कि फाइबर की अधिकता पाचन प्रक्रिया में भी मदद करती है. कब्ज और डायरिया जैसे पाचन सम्बन्धी विकार भी इमली से ठीक होने में मदद मिलती है. इसके लिए आपको एक चम्मच इमली के गूदे को एक लीटर पानी में मिलाकर, इसे उबालने के बाद छानकर इसका अर्क बनाकर पीना होगा.
4. तंत्रिका तंत्र को भी करे मजबूत
इमली अपने लाभकारी गुणों की सहायता से हमारी प्रतिरक्षातंत्र को भी मजबूती प्रदान करती है. इसमें पाया जाने वाला थियामाइन जो कि विटामिन बी कॉम्प्लेक्स का हिस्सा ह, थियामाइन तंत्रिका तंत्र को मजबूत बनाता है. इसके साथ ही मांसपेशियों के विकास को भी बढ़ावा देने में मदद करता है.
5. जोड़ों के दर्द में राहत
इमली के कई लाभों में से एक ये भी है कि ये त्वचा और हड्डियों के लिए भी बेहद लाभकारी है. त्वचा के सुजन सम्बन्धी समस्याओं के निवारण में इमली एक अचूक दवा की तरह काम करती है. इसके साथ ही इसके उपयोग से जोडों में दर्द को भी ठीक किया जजा सकता है. इसके लिए लुब्रिकेशन के लिए आधा चम्मच भुने हुए इमली के बीज के पाउडर को दो बार पानी के साथ लेना होगा.
6. इमली मोटापे को भी घटाता है
वजन कम करने के लिए लोग कई तरह की दवाइयों का सेवन करते हैं. यदि आप भी वजन को लेकर परेशान हैं या मोटापे से निजात पाना चाहते हैं तो इमली इसमें भी आपकी मदद करता है. इमली में परचुर मात्रा में हाइड्रोऑक्साइट्रिक एसिड की मौजूदगी शरीर में फैट को जलाने वाले इन्जाइम को बढ़ाने में मददगार होती है. इसकी सहायता से वजन घटाने में मदद मिलती है इसलिए आप चाहें तो इसे अपने आहार में भी शामिल कर सकते हैं.
7. शुगर नियंत्रित करे
बेहद आसानी से उपलब्ध हो जाने वाली इमली एक अल्फा एमिलेज अवरोध है. इसका मतलब ये हुआ कि यह कार्बोहाइड्रेट को शुगर में अवशोषित और परिवर्तित होने से रोक सकती है जो की ब्लड शुगर का स्तर बढ़ाने का सबसे बड़ा कारण है. यदि आप आधा चम्मच इमली का गूदा प्रतिदिनलें तो इससे न केवल आपका वजन कम होता है, बल्कि डायबिटीज भी नियंत्रण में रहती है.
इमली के नुकसान
1. रक्तस्त्राव का जोखिम: यदि आप इमली का सेवन करते समय कुछ सावधानी न बरतें तो इससे रक्तस्त्राव का जोखिम उत्पन्न हो सकता है. आपको एस्पिरिन, इब्यूप्रोफेन, नेपोरेक्सन आदि दवाओं के सेवन के बाद इमली कभी नहीं खानी चाहिए.
2. गर्भवती महिलाओं को: स्वाद में खट्टी लगने वाली इमली विटामिन सी की एक अच्छी स्त्रोत है. यहाँ गौर करने वाली बात ये है कि विटामिन सी के अधिक सेवन से एस्ट्रोजन का स्तर बढ़ जाता है और उच्च एस्ट्रोजन गर्भाशय में संकुचन और ब्लीडिंग पैदा कर सकता है. इसलिए गर्भवती महिलाओं को गर्भपात से बचाने के लिए विटामिन सी युक्त फल जैसे कि इमली न दें.
3. एलर्जी: कई ऐसे लोग हैं जिन्हें इमली ज्यादा मात्रा में खाने से एलर्जी की समस्या हो जाती है. इसलिए इसके दुष्प्रभाव जैसे कि खुजली, सुजन, चक्कर, बेहोशी, उल्टी, सांस की परेशानी आदि से बचने के लिए ज्यादा इमली न खाएं.
4. गले में खराश: जिन लोगों के गले में खराश की समस्या होती है उन्हें इमली ही नहीं किसी भी अम्लीय पदार्थों से दूर ही रहना चाहिए.
Pulmonary hypertension mainly occurs due to narrowing of the arteries of the lungs as a result of which the flow of blood is restricted. In this kind of condition, blood fails to carry oxygen to your heart and thus your heart gets adversely affected. The blood pressure of your body will get increased to a great extent if this situation remains untreated, thus leading to bdreadful consequenses, specifically situation like heart failure, serious pulmonary diseases, blood clots in lungs and congenial heart defects, etc.
There are certain forms of pulmonary hypertension, which are serious in nature and worsen with time, so much so that they are even fatal at times. It also includes forms which are non curable in nature, however, in order to improve the quality of life, symptoms can be reduced with proper treatment. The treatment for pulmonary hypertension is often complex and it takes some time to find the most appropriate treatment and requires extensive follow-up care. Your doctor might also need to change your treatment if it's no longer effective. However, when pulmonary hypertension is caused by another condition, your doctor will treat the underlying cause whenever possible.
Common Treatments for pulmonary hypertension:
- Blood vessel dilators (vasodilators): Vasodilators open narrowed blood vessels. They are one of the most commonly prescribed vasodilators for pulmonary hypertension is epoprostenol (Flolan, Veletri). The drawback to epoprostenol is that the effect lasts only for few minutes. This drug is continuously injected through an intravenous (IV) catheter via a small pump that you wear in a pack on your belt or shoulder.
- Ventavis: Another form of the drug, iloprost (Ventavis), can be inhaled six to nine times a day through a nebulizer, a machine that vaporizes your medication. Because it's inhaled, it goes directly to the lungs.
- Treprostinil (Tyvaso, Remodulin, Orenitram): It is another form of the drug, which can be given four times a day and can be inhaled or can be taken as an oral medication and can also be administered through injection.
- Endothelin receptor antagonists: These medications reverse the effect of endothelin, a substance in the walls of blood vessels that causes them to narrow. These drugs may improve your energy level and symptoms. However, these drugs shouldn't be taken if you're pregnant. Also, these drugs can damage your liver and you may need monthly liver monitoring.
- Sildenafil and tadalafil: Sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra) and tadalafil (Cialis, Adcirca) are sometimes used to treat pulmonary hypertension. These drugs work by opening the blood vessels in the lungs to allow blood to flow through more easily.
- High-dose calcium channel blockers: These drugs help relax the muscles in the walls of your blood vessels. They include medications, such as amlodipine (Norvasc), diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac, others) and nifedipine (Procardia, others). Although calcium channel blockers can be effective, only a small number of people with pulmonary hypertension respond to them.
- Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulator: Soluble guanylate cyclase (SGC) stimulators (Adempas) interact with nitric oxide and help relax the pulmonary arteries and lower the pressure within the arteries. These medications should not be taken if you're pregnant. They can sometimes cause dizziness or nausea.
- Anticoagulants: Your doctor is likely to prescribe the anticoagulant warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to help prevent the formation of blood clots within the small pulmonary arteries. Because anticoagulants prevent normal blood coagulation, they increase your risk of bleeding complications. Take warfarin exactly as prescribed, because warfarin can cause severe side effects if taken incorrectly. If you're taking warfarin, your doctor will ask you to have periodic blood tests to check how well the drug is working. Many other drugs, herbal supplements and foods can interact with warfarin, so be sure your doctor knows all of the medications you're taking.
- Digoxin: Digoxin (Lanoxin) can help the heart beat stronger and pump more blood. It can help control the heart rate if you experience arrhythmias.
- Diuretics: Commonly known as water pills, these medications help eliminate excess fluid from your body. This reduces the amount of work your heart has to do. They may also be used to limit fluid buildup in your lungs.
- Oxygen: Your doctor might suggest that you sometimes breathe pure oxygen, a treatment known as oxygen therapy, to help treat pulmonary hypertension, especially if you live at a high altitude or have sleep apnea. Some people who have pulmonary hypertension eventually require continuous oxygen therapy.
- Atrial Septostomy: If medications don't control your pulmonary hypertension, this open heart surgery might be an option. In an atrial septostomy, a surgeon will create an opening between the upper left and right chambers of your heart (atria) to relieve the pressure on the right side of your heart.
- Lung Transplantation: In some cases, a lung or heart lung transplant might be an option, especially for younger people who have idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- The complications need to be reduced by taking proper health care. Healthy diet needs to be taken regularly along with proper medications. Smoking should be stopped and exercising sessions should be attended daily without any fail
- Overweight or obesity needs to be controlled properly for reducing the complications. Specialized caring strategies need to be maintained for avoiding severe kinds of health complications that are quite annoying. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the law of similars or'like cures like. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to homeopathic medicine:
1. It is an individualized treatment: a homeopathic practitioner evaluates the patient's overall health and discusses his problems and expectations before prescribing treatment. All the homeopathic remedies are made with the individual's specific climatic conditions, allergies, stress factors, food habits and lifestyle in mind. Homeopathy also optimizes the immune system and it is equally effective for physical and psychological disorders.
2. There are no side effects: homeopathic medicines are made from natural substances and so they are non-toxic and free from side effects. They are given to the patient in small doses and so, the healing approach is gentle and gradual. They can also be used by people of all ages and even those in delicate conditions like pregnancy, chronic diseases etc. Even if the wrong medicine is prescribed to the patient, it does not cause much harm to the body.
3. Homeopathic medicines are easily accessible: homeopathic remedies are available in most places as they are made directly from the abundant natural resources. There are also several alternatives to a medicine depending on the kinds of plants and minerals found in a particular region. Moreover, the medicines do not have an expiration date and can be stored for a long period of time if they are kept properly.
4. The remedies are non-invasive: no homeopathic remedy involves surgical procedures or invasive techniques. So, there is absolutely no chance of infection or further complication. The medicines and therapies are also aimed at eliminating the root cause of the disorder instead of just providing temporary relief from the symptoms.
5. Homeopathic medicines are not addictive: once the disease is healed, the person can easily stop using the medicines since they have no addictive property. This is because the active ingredient is used in minute quantities in homeopathic medication. Hence, these remedies are also safe for infants, children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, aged people and people with addiction problems.
Importance of fasting in navaratri.
- India is a country with a rich historical and cultural background of festivals and celebration. Like other festivals of india, navaratri also has a significance and meaning attached to it.
- The nine day sadhana of navaratri is not simply an age-old practice of worshipping the cosmic nature but also the rituals, practices and celebrations associated with it has the disciplines of health wisely interwoven into it.
- Every year the beginning of spring and the beginning of autumn are two very important junctions of climatic and solar influence as the whole of creation goes through a kind of transformation with each changing season.
- These are called ritu sandhis meaning seasonal junctions (transition from extreme seasons of summer and winter to more moderate seasons like spring and autumn). Due to the changes in the nature, the bodies and minds of people undergo a considerable change. These two periods or junctions are taken as opportunities for detoxification of body, mind and soul which in turn helps to maintain our physical and mental balance.
- The beginning of autumn is celebrated as the festival of navaratri, the nine day period which commences on the first day of the bright fortnight of the lunar month of ashwina.
- " nava-ratri" literally means" nine nights"
- The navaratri festival is observed by cleansing one's self of all the impurities to experience the divinity within. This observance is called upavaas, which literally means ‘residing close to oneself’.
- Fasting is one of the techniques which is part of upavaas.
- Navaratri is the time when people fast for cleansing, detoxifying and getting their bodies rested. Fasts are a means of internal cleansing, physically and spiritually. The basic cause of many diseases is the accumulation of toxic materials in the digestive system. When one fasts, the load on the digestive system reduces and meanwhile the body is able to carry out the cleansing needed in the system. It supports in adapting to the bodily changes during ritu sandhi.
- Fasting also helps to build up self-control and discipline and bring more awareness control over senses which ultimately elevate the state of consciousness.
- The world is a manifestation of three gunas (qualities) namely satva, rajas and tamas. These three qualities exist in varying levels within one's mind.
- -satva is the quality comprising of clarity, purity and peace of mind which makes one dynamic, creative and harmonious.
- -rajas is activity or movement which in excess results in pleasure seeking activities, anger, arrogance and destructiveness.
- -tamas is inertia which in excess leads one to dullness lethargy.
- We contain all of these gunas in varying degrees and they are in constant interplay with each other. Excessive rajas and tamas has a disturbing influence upon the mind and does not allow one to go deep within oneself.
- So during navaratri, the aim is to reduce these disturbing influences and increase satva, allowing the satvik qualities to prevail leading to the highest condition of the mind.
- On the first three days of navaratri, tamo guna prevails, then during the next three days, rajo guna prevails and during the last three days, satva guna prevails.
- Diet lifestyle has a deep influence on the state of one's mind and can therefore manipulate the levels of satva, rajas and tamas in one’s being.
- Fasting in a disciplined way brings harmony between satva, rajas and tamas.
How to fast during navaratri:
- On the first three days, we can follow a fruit fast:
- Sweet fruits like: apple, banana, chikku, papaya, watermelon, sweet grapes and juices like amla juice, lauki juice and tender coconut water can be had.
- On the next three days, we can have a one time meal of the traditional navaratri diet, during the rest of the day, we could have fruit juices, buttermilk milk.
- During the last three days, we could follow a traditional navaratri diet.
- Caution: the above diet is for a healthy person. If you have any health concerns, you could fast with minor changes in the prescribed diet, with the guidance of your vaidya.
- Traditional navaratri diet:
- The diets followed during navaratri are pitta pacifying as during this season there is a possibility of pitta being increased in the body.
- Grains are avoided for the first few days.
Traditionally prescribed foods are:
- Kuttu (buckwheat) roti and fasting rice (shamak rice).
- Dosa from the shamak rice,
- Dishes made of sago (sabudana), singhara atta (water chestnut flour), rajgira, potatoes, yam (suran), colocacia (arbi) sweet potatoes (shakarkand), kachalu etc.
- Use ghee, milk and buttermilk. All these are cooling and pacifies pitta (raita of bottle gourd (lauki), raita of pumpkin (kaddu).
- Drink lot of fluids like tender coconut water, juices, vegetable soups, etc. Besides providing energy, they also maintain the fluid levels and cleanse the toxins in your body.
- Fruit chat made with papaya, pear (nashpati), apple.
- Use sandhav namak (rock salt) instead of common salt, for cooking.
- Avoid fried foods (replace fried potato with boiled potato).
- Use healthy cooking methods like roasting, boiling, steaming and grilling.
- Delicacies like sabudan vada, sprouted gram sundals, kuttu pakoda, singhara burfee and kheer can be had from the 8th day onwards.
- Be strictly vegetarian.
- Avoid onion and garlic.
Those who cannot go for a fast can do upavaas by abstaining from non-vegetarian food, alcohol, onion, garlic, too spicy food, and replacing common salt with rock salt.
Hi Actually last night, I had unprotected sex with my wife. First I inserted in her Anal for 3-4 seconds and then in her vagina. My question is does this process cause HIV and any other disease?
Increase Sex Power with 21 Ayurvedic Foods
- You might don't know, 21 aphrodisiac Ayurvedic Common Foods/ २१ पुरुषत्व वर्धक आयुर्वेदिक घरेलू आहार
- People take lots of costly medications, and sometime face side effects and many times no effects.
- Why to depends on medicine only, when you better choice
- Aphrodisiac foods help to improve sex life and increase the sperm counts.
स्त्रीयों मे यौन इच्छा बडाने के लिये घरेलु उपचार
- A healthy sex drive is a natural part of an individual's makeup, so if you are experiencing low sex drive it's important to investigate the causes with your doctor.
- A wide range of illness, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex drive, including sexual problems, medical diseases, medications, lifestyle, surgery, fatigue etc. Changes in hormone levels are also one of the most common causes of low sexual desire in women. Hormonal changes like menopause, pregnancy and breast feeding can dampen a women’s sex drive.
- Fortunately, however, there are a number of natural home remedies that can not only boost your sex drive but will also improve your mood, help you look and feel better and raise your overall energy levels as well.
- Drinking enough water can have numerous benefits.
- One important factor, is that it can help boost the amount of calories you burn.
- According to 2 studies, it can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours. This can amount to 96 additional calories burned if you drink 2 liters (67 oz) of water per day.
- The best time to drink water is half an hour before meals. One study showed that half a liter of water, 30 minutes before each meal, increased weight loss by 44%.