Doctor in Dr Mihir Niyogi
Submit a review for Dr Mihir NiyogiYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have unwanted facial hair. My skin is fair and hair on skin are black. Plzz suggest which kind of gel or cream or tablet I choose.
Hi Sir, due to pollution problem When I spit, there is a slight bleed out of it. Please advice what is this?
What should I do to increase the working of my digestive system? Anything I eat I can not digest that? I have constipation problem too?
I am 18 years old (female) and I have bowel problem. I get a pain or a cramp in my stomach and then I run to the washroom. But I have to give loads of pressure like as in constipation, but the stool is irregular and mucus type loose motion.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata Dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
1. Massage therapy - Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
2. Hot And Cold Compress - Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
3. Fenugreek - Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
4. Turmeric - Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
5. Apple cider vinegar - Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
6. Healthy diet - A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Laparoscopic surgery is also called minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby the lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
1. Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
2. Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
3. Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
4. Anesthesia-related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
5. Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract: Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible.
The fever itself isn’t a disease but a symptom of a disease. It is generally caused when the immune system heats itself to fight the infections that enter our body. One of the most common reasons a person catches a fever is due to Influenza or the common cold.
Though fever is a common symptom, it can aggravate very quickly if not taken care of properly. This article will educate patients how to take care of themselves if they have a fever. The first and foremost step of taking care is to go to a doctor and get a proper diagnosis.
Upon a proper diagnosis, one can determine the kind of fever they are having. If someone has a fever due to diseases like Malaria then the course of action will be quite different. However, following are the common steps for most of the fevers:
● The first step is to keep a proper check of the temperature every 2 hours. For that, it is advisable to keep a thermometer handy. For better accuracy, it is better to carry a digital one.
● The next step is to keep the patient hydrated as fever usually leads to loss of appetite. This can cause dehydration and loss of nutrients.
● Drinking water isn’t enough to battle dehydration, which is why the patient will need to take the ORS solution every 15 minutes.
● If the temperature rises, one should soak a cloth in cool water and put it on the forehead for a few minutes.
● If the temperature keeps rising, the patient should take Paracetamol only.
● Get a blood check by calling a local pathology technician and subsequently send the report to the doctor to get a proper diagnosis.
Don'ts: While Having a Fever
● Don’t take an Antibiotic unless the doctor prescribes it.
● The fever may cause temporary body pain and stiffness; don’t take Ibuprofen and other painkillers to get rid of it.
● Don’t take any kind of NSAIDS without doctor’s supervision.
● Don’t take any kind of dairy products or junk food.
● Don’t starve because of the loss of appetite.
● Don’t agitate by doing any kind of household work or exercise.
● Don’t sleep with the air conditioning on.
● Avoid drinking and smoking while having a fever.
● If the doctor prescribed antibiotics, don’t quit halfway. It is important that one must complete the course of antibiotics.
● Don’t take a bath while having a fever; it is better to clean the body with a soaked cloth or sponge.
Though fever is a fairly common disease, the treatment can go haywire if the usage of certain medicines isn’t done properly. Following the above instructions will help to take care of when someone has a fever and will help to get better. However, if the fever isn’t going down after 2-3 days, one should see a doctor immediately.