Submit a review for DR DIVYA GAUTAMYour feedback matters!
Loose stools from 6 months, on and off constipation and today I saw bit blood in my stools as well. Currently taking Darolac capsules and Dabur Sat isabgol.
I am 27 year old male having problem of anal fissure with blood for last 4 days before that I was having lose motion for upto 7 days due to which I have got some rashes. Blood is coming along with stool. Can you please help me out.
I am facing blood in my stools from last 4 days! Started a liquid diet but immediately after eating I feel the urge to pass the motion! This also irritates me passing urine with burning sensation! At times I see lot of blood in the motion! No pain and hardly any itching. Itching started few weeks back by ignored and suddenly bloodbstools! Need suggestion and diet plan.
Hi, my mom had an operation of her womb. Known as Bachadani in Hindi. Around 8-9 years back. But she has bleeding in urine today. What to do? Is it an serious issue?
I have problem when I go to toilet. There is some bleeding when I dispose my waste. The area is paining also very much. What to do? please suggest me the ways to solve the problem.
He have unequal testicles from childhood. Now sometime it got swollen like air is pumped inside it. Since yesterday blood is coming with urine. It also pains aside pubic region. What it could be. What is the treatment for this. Help me.
I am 24, I am getting blood (two drops or three drops) after stool for last two days and also have itching near anus. May I know what is the reason and precaution. While driving in bike also I am getting severe itching.
During latrine I am feeling pain and very little blood also coming with latrine last 3 days, I am feeling as little cut in latrine path. What is this how to get rid of it. Pls reply.
I am getting blood in stool, from last three days. Had man force tablet before 4 days. Is this the side effect? Till when will it last.
Yesterday evening yolk like substance found in my anus with blood in large quantity same I like I am having loose motion. A month ago I was suffering from testis inflammation. Please suggest help.
I Am 26 years old and I am feeling burping. Gas produce in my stomach and come upward esophagus. I loss my appetite. And filling fullness of abdomen. Also shortness of birth. When I drink water all gas released from my mouth. I also seen blood in my stool occasionally. What is the reason sir.
When I pass hard stool then blood come's after passing of stool. If stool becomes soft then there is no blood in stool. After hard stool, blood is coming from last 2-3 days. Please advise me doctor.
Most people would panic on seeing slightly red urine being passed. A common urologic condition, this happens because blood cells are leaking into the urine. There are multiple reasons which can cause it, and not all of them are major causes for concern.
Read on to know more about some common causes, and how to manage this.
- Urinary tract infections: There could be an infection of the entire urinary tract including the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, and the urethra. In addition to blood in the urine, there could also be an urge to urinate, pain with urination, fever, and flank pain.
- Enlarged or infected prostate: The prostate naturally enlarges with age and can obstruct the urethra, causing pain and blood in the urine. There is a constant urge to urinate and difficulty initiating the stream. Infection of the prostate also produces similar symptoms along with fever and pain.
- Kidney diseases: In addition to infections, other kidney diseases including glomerulonephritis, which can also lead to hematuria. Kidney stones, which are quite common, are also another reason, and this will be characterised by the sudden sharp pain around the flank which is very diagnostic of kidney stones. Injury to the kidneys from trauma or sports is another reason for hematuria.
- Cancers/tumours: Cancers in the kidney, bladder, or prostate can cause blood to appear in the urine, but this would happen once cancer has reached some advanced stage, not very early in the process.
Listed below are some risk factors for hematuria.
- Age: Men older than 50 are more prone to hematuria
- Sex: While men are more likely to have stones or prostate infections, UTIs are quite common in women below 50s.
- Family history: though not hereditary, if kidney stones or cancers or infections are in the family, chances of developing hematuria also goes up.
- Medications: Aspirin, blood thinners, NSAIDs, and some antibiotics increase the chances of hematuria.
- Exercise: Long distance runners are shown to be more prone to developing hematuria.
Diagnosis: In addition to a physical exam, blood tests, imaging (CT scans and/or MRI) and cystoscopy might be required to confirm the diagnosis. Identifying the cause is extremely important as treatment would depend completely on the causative agent. Though hematuria is just one of the symptom, the underlying cause could have severe adverse effects on the whole body system.
Treatment: Whether it is an infection or enlarged prostate or kidney stone or tumour, once the cause is identified treatment is customised accordingly. Antibiotics for the infections, laser treatment for the stones, etc. are recommended.
If you see your urine turning slightly pink in colour, talk to your doctor immediately. Identifying the underlying cause and treating it will help solve the problem of hematuria.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!