Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Treatment & Management
Treatment Of Restenosis
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Diet & Nutrition ClinicYour feedback matters!
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” however, while one may commend you on an excellent diet schedule, keeping the doctor away might not always seem to be too favourable an option, especially in recent times when unforeseen circumstances and complications pertaining to lifestyle irregularities always keep creeping up.
While proper diet and regular workouts may keep you remarkably fit, genetic constraints might easily overrule such efforts to maintaining good health. Frequent checkups are especially recommended for those who share a family history of a number of diseases, infections, any type of cancer, hypertension, or sleep disorders, since problems might grow quietly and steadily when left unchecked for a longer span of time.
Most people usually visit their doctor or physician when they face an emergency. This should not be the scenario, as is advised by most health experts. It has been widely accepted that the average visit to the clinic must be at the least, four times a year. However, uniformity isn’t to be maintained by everyone in this regard. Infants see a doctor for at least eight times a year while six to eight year olds visit their physician twice a year.
It is important to have a number of crucial matters looked into and tested periodically in order to keep track of any unfavourable developments:
- Dental check-up every six months
- Annual pap smears
- Semi-annual HIV tests
- Eye examinations once every two years, once a year for those patients with current vision problems
- Biennial skin cancer screening
- Full physical examination once a year
- Breast examination once a month
- Pelvic examination every few months
- Thyroid tests every five years
- Check blood pressure level every month
It is imperative to understand that not one particular check-up schedule is capable of fitting in the necessities of all individuals. This makes it all the more clear that, while the requirement of physical attention isn’t the same for everyone, once a year physical check-up is a must for any individual.
I am a sales person taking lot of tension in job I have fat on hip as belly. How to reduce my belly need diet tips.
I'm having drowsiness all the time since 2 months as if I'm drunk. I'm physically normal and active. I am fearing that it might be serious.
I am jasmine and I am so skinny my weight is only 38 nd I AM 20 years old girl pls suggest me any protein for my weight gain .i wants to gain weight .everyone ask me to not to take any protein it has many side effects so pls suggest me best for weight gain.
Good afternoon my name is ather 34 year age I am suffering from diabetes for last one year two days back I consult a diabetologist nears my home there he tested sugar level at glucometer 385 and he prescribed me two tablets Dia micron xr 60 before break fast and gluformin I 0.5 after break fast and before sleep at night. And after two days I checked my glucose level at glucometer it's show again 385 .previously I used to take guformin 500 mg.
Summer has already started and people are dying from the heat waves and from various other things because of the high temperature. I want to take precaution and also want to aware people of this and want to help fight this hot ♨ summer. Please tell 5 things which we should or can eat in this hot summer to prevent from dehydration and other diseases cause from the high temperature.
I am taking homeopathic medicine for my crack heel, and I want to take liv 52 capsule because of my bad appetite, can I take it? Homeopathic and liv 52 at same time is it any effect!
I have a desk job and in last 2 years, my weight has gone up from 15 kgs to 86 kgs. I want lose weight. Please help me.
Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints. Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
Some of these ailing superfoods for arthritis are:
- Leafy greens: Green, leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage and lettuce have a high content of antioxidants, calcium and magnesium which help in neutralizing the negative charges in the body. In case of arthritis, it prevents the further progression of the disease. 5 servings of steamed vegetables per day can work wonders for your joint pain.
- Fishes: Fish, especially oily fish goes a long way in reducing joint pain and stiffness. They are highly rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which contain anti - inflammatory properties. 2 to 4 portions of oily fish per week can have an impact on you for many years to come.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains mono - saturated fats and antioxidants, which have anti - inflammatory properties. Increase in the intake of olive oil can reduce risks of rheumatoid arthritis and prevent associated conditions. It can be used as both raw oil in preparing salads and also as cooking oil.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. As true as it may be, among many other nutrients, apples are a rich source of antioxidants and magnesium which are beneficial for the bones. A daily intake of 100g of apples eaten as a sole snack, or mixed with salads would in the long run prevent the risks of arthritis.
- Onions: Onions apart from fostering good digestion is also loaded with quercetin which is a bioflavonoid antioxidant that suppresses inflammation. It effectively removes the free radicals within arthritis joints and also reduces the release of protein- destroying enzymes. It can be consumed raw, can be served as a sauce and can also be used for cooking.Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints.
Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
I am taking enough calories and doing daily exercise although I am failure to gain my weight! I am weak compared to other! My height is 5.7 feet and compared to my height my weight is only 43 kg! Suggest me ayurvedic medicine or proper diet!
I am a house wife and gained weight after delivery and want to loose my weight. Please suggest what to do.
Please doctors drinking of lemon mixed with warm water everyday in the morning does it 'hv any side effect in the body based on the aim of reducing excess fat in the body and prevention of other diseases? Because it seems like is too much.
In a healthy dait for weight loose what kind of fruits, are include .if a person want to eat watermelon too much thn what is the effect .can we include watermelon in our diet.
I am Sidharth from HP my problem is that my weight is not gain after much diet eat and 1yearvagi my weight is 80 kg but today after 1 year my weight is consistent for 5 months that is 67 kg so what is procedures to gain it and give more strength.
My mom is 66 years old. She is suffered from knee pain and sometimes chest pain also. Her ecg was normal. So we done vitamin d test. And she has very low level of vitamin d. 5.0 ng/ml. Kindly suggest what should we do now? Should I start giving her vitamin d medicine? How to raise te level? Also told me what are the effects of low vitamin d level in body.
There are a variety of foods and concoctions that have been developed for our urban realities and to help us become more fit. Smoothies and juices are the latest craze that has been on the fitness scene for a few hours. There are many people who have taken to smoothies in place of a solid meal because this combines a variety of healthy ingredients so that one gets a wholesome meal which can also be had on the run. But there are many schools of thoughts regarding the efficacy and the health benefits of smoothies.
Are they really as healthy as they are said to be? Let us find out with this article!
- Protein: There is a good dose of protein in smoothies which comes from the large amount of fruit, vegetables and dairy as well as oats and other such elements that are used to create one. Protein is one of the main elements that come from smoothies and it also helps particularly after a workout or for those who are into sports.
- Dietary fibers: Because of the copious amounts of berries and other fruit that is used to create a smoothie, one can gain great amount of dietary fibers also. This helps in clearing out the toxins from the digestive tracts, which can further prevent the generation of kidney stones. Yet, there is something to be said for the ingestion of fresh fruit, which makes for even better levels of dietary fibers. So even if you are having smoothies, you must ensure that you also have plenty of fresh fruit.
- Probiotics: Curd based smoothies is one of the best things that one can have because of the number of probiotics that they contain. Curd contains a number of good bacteria which is very good for the digestive system as well as the metabolism. These good bacteria are called probiotics. This helps in stabilizing the metabolism and the digestive process, which can be very helpful especially for people who are suffering from chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Sugar: If one used sugar instead of jaggery or honey in the smoothie, then it is no better than having a can of coca cola. For this reason, one will need to replace sugar with other natural sweetness that will bring down the level of kilojoules or kilo calories. This will make the smoothie much more healthy so that one can have plenty of fruit without the sugar intake.
- Liquid content: Many people use juice as the liquid content. Yet, this is not always the best option. This contains a lot of sugar, even if it freshly pressed. So, one can substitute the same with water.
- Oats and cereal: You can toast oats and others cereal in order to line the parfait or the smoothie. This will also bring in plenty of protein as well as other vitamins. This kind of a smoothie makes for a crunchy taste even as it gives you a full meal which can be taken at least three times a day. But do check for allergies when it comes to oats and grains before you make such a smoothie. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I wish to increase my weight. My weight is below normal. So, could you please suggest me few methods?
My son who is 25 years has joined gym nd wants to build up muscle he is Always telling me tht he wants to have a protien diet tht is available in d market is it gud. Suggest any protien diet supplement he is turning weak day by day please help.
#1 keeps your heart healthy
Kokum is rich in dietary fibre and low in calories and contains absolutely no cholesterol and saturated fats. It also contains high levels of vitamin c that acts as a powerful antioxidant. Kokum is loaded with magnesium, potassium and manganese that protects against heart disease and also aids in control of blood pressure.
#2 acts as a digestive aid
Kokum is widely used to combat myriad digestive problems like constipation, acidity and flatulence. It contains hydroxycitric acid (hca) that acts as an appetite suppressant. Its anti-helmintic properties help in removal of worms like ascaris from the stomach.
#3 aids in weight loss
This juicy berry contains hca that acts as a hypocholesterolaemic agent. It suppresses the activity of the enzymes responsible for conversion of calories into fat. It induces weight loss by hindering with the process of lipogenesis (fatty acid synthesis). Read about these 10 diet habits that guarantee weight loss.
#4 boosts your brain activity
Kokum is found to exert positive effects on the brain by helping in the neuronal growth process. It also prevents damage to the brain by nullifying the action of the free radicals. Are you aware of these 10 ways to a smarter, faster brain?
#5 builds your immunity
Kokum enhances your immune function by acting as a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Garcinol, an active constituent present in kokum is found to posses an anti-carcinogenic property that helps in suppressing the production of reactive oxygen species responsible for the cancer.