Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Submit a review for cardeofordYour feedback matters!
An effective treatment procedure for the condition called eustachian tube dysfunction is balloon tuboplasty. It is a modern surgical procedure which places a small balloon-like device in the blocked eustachian tube. The procedure offers long term relief to patients and has proven very effective in opening the blocked eustachian tube.
What is eustachian tube dysfunction?
The back of the throat and the middle of the ear is connected via the eustachian tube. This tube is filled with air and opens up while yawning or chewing. It does so to maintain or equalize air pressure on both sides of the ear drum. If the eustachian tube does not perform optimally, it prevents air from passing and obstructs while regulating air pressure. The blockage causes severe ear pain, ringing in ears and/or hearing loss. Common causes of blockage are sinus, common cold or ear or nose infection.
Balloon Tuboplasty procedure
If the occurrence of the obstruction is rare, then it is not a cause of worry, but if it is frequent, then surgical placement of tubes in eardrums might be required. In this procedure, a modified PTA catheter is introduced into a eustachian tube with the help of a special micro endoscope that allows the catheter to be placed in the right position. After the catheter has been positioned properly within the eustachian tube, the balloon present on its distal end is inflated.
The pressure is kept unchanged for 2 minutes, and then the balloon is deflated. After deflation, the catheter is removed under endoscopic vision. The results attained by using this technique show that the procedure for dilation of eustachian tube is very safe, simple and effective. Moreover, it confirms that balloon tuboplasty is favorable for those patients with stenosis of the ear tube. For assessment of objective and subjective parameters concerning postoperative results a specific scale identified as ETS is used.
Success rate of balloon tuboplasty
This modern procedure has proven to have an astounding success rate based on results obtained from clinical studies. Also, tympanogram normalization rate was found to be greater than control subjects treated with medical management alone. The improvement in the quality of life measures is also found to be higher. Moreover, zero risk or reported adverse effects concerning device or procedure was found.
The eustachian tube balloon dilation procedure does have associated risk factors. Associated risks may include tissue and mucosal trauma or carotid artery injury. Before opting for this procedure, it is highly advised to consult highly reputed doctors and know the details of the procedure and whether you are the right candidate for such a procedure. Being aware of all possible risks and benefits shall help you make an informed decision and achieve beneficial results.
Stomach and gastrointestinal related issues happen with almost every person. Sometimes they may occur for a brief period while at times they may last longer. Both stomach and gastrointestinal-related issues show that there is something wrong and the body needs to be taken care of accordingly.
The normal homeopathic solutions for these issues are not only of great help in disposing of the problem, but they also wipe out the main reason or cause of the problem. The homeopathic treatment is totally protected with zero symptoms and ends up being of great advantage in the long run.
These medicines should be taken only on prescription from a doctor. The treatments are as follows:
- Nux Vomica: The homeopathic medicine Nux Vomica is of incredible help in the treatment of different stomach issues. It is the best homeopathic solution for indigestion that happens because of consuming espresso or caffeine, spicy foods or acidic beverages.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is the best homeopathic medicine to manage the gastric issues that emerge as an after-effect of eating oily or greasy food like fried junk food, frozen yogurts, ghee and margarine. The vast majority of the patients requiring this solution have no desire of thirst.
- China: China is the most productive homeopathic solution to alleviate a bloated chest, where the entire stomach area is brimming with gas. The gas may bring about serious pain in the chest. China is therefore, the perfect homeopathic solution for loose motions of the bowels.
- Arsenic Album: Arsenic Album is the best homeopathic solution for gastric inconveniences that happen as a consequence of food poisoning. The patients requiring the homeopathic treatment of Arsenic Album feel nauseous and have stomach pain.
- Lycopodium: Homeopathic medication Lycopodium is a perfect cure when the stomach feels full and there is a widening of the intestines even after eating practically nothing. There is a movement of gas in the stomach with burps that cause smoldering in the throat.
- Carbo Veg and Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicines Carbo Veg and Lycopodium are regular solutions for stomach related pain that are successful in treating gas in the guts. These homeopathic medicines can be used according to the amount of the gas in the belly. Carbo Veg is the best homeopathic medication for the treatment of pain because of the abundance of gas in the stomach. The belly is bloated and gets taut with gas. Slight alleviation is felt by burping. Using Carbo Veg can get rid of the pain.
- Aloes: Homeopathic solution Aloes is the best cure when the person has extreme loose motions. The stool is watery and the condition worsens with every liquid drink the person takes. He or she also encounters pain in the stomach and yet feels relieved after passing stool.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is a traditional and well established surgical procedure for treating diseases in the coronary artery. The process is carried out by using blood vessels alternately (vein or artery). Initially, CABG was performed by using the left internal mammary artery and saphenous vein. It was observed that the chance of occlusion in the vein grafts was much higher than the arterial grafts. In the last decade, total arterial grafting, which uses all the arterial conduits, is being practiced as CABG for better results.
Types of Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting: In this type of CABG, the surgeon will initially open up the chest bone to gain access to the heart. The heart is stopped using medications and the body is connected to a heart-lung bypass machine to circulate oxygen and blood throughout the body.
- Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass grafting: In this surgery, small incisions are made on the left portion of the chest to gain access to the heart. This surgery is used to bypass the blood vessels present in the front portion of the heart.
- Off-pump Coronary artery bypass grafting: In this procedure, the chest bone is opened up to access the heart. Here, however, the heart is not stopped during the surgery.
Patients, who have been suffering since a long time and have been operated on the vein grafts, have a chance of re-developing certain artery diseases such as a heart attack. To counter this possibility, surgeons have started using the method of Total Artery CABG. In this procedure, the left and right internal mammary arteries are used from the chest and the radial artery, from the fore arm for the surgery.
The main advantages of this procedure are:
- The survival rate is higher in total artery CABG as compared to the traditional CABG.
- It comes with long term benefits
- The procedure is safe as well as feasible
Urine is known as the liquid waste that is discharged by the body on a regular basis, many times during the day and even during the night. Most of us do not give too much importance to this aspect of our being. Yet, this is an important indication of many things regarding your health. One of the vitals that are usually checked when we are having any symptoms of ailments and serious conditions, includes the urine.
The colour, odour and even consistency of the urine can point at the state of your health. There are many chemicals and toxins that are there in your urine which may be checked in order to decipher the level of the waste going out and the chemicals in the same. This is an indication on the type and severity of the disease that a patient may be suffering from. Here are the things that the colour and odour of the urine can tell you.
- Pale hued: If your urine is pale hued, then it means that your health is in normal condition. This colour may also tend towards golden. This colour of the urine is down to the pigment called urochrome, which exists in the liquid waste.
- No colour: If your urine is colourless, then it means that you have been drinking plenty of water or even ingesting a substance known as a diuretic that is known for flushing out the bodily fluids at a faster rate. This lack of colour usually means that your fluids and waste are both getting flushed out routinely and that everything is fine with your body and your health in general.
- Brown: If your urine colour is dark and appears brown, then you may want to see the doctor immediately. This may also come with episodes of burning and pain during urination, which can point to a range of problems. Very dark coloured urine with a moderate odour may point towards an infection in the urinary tract or even the onset of a kidney dysfunction. Brown-hued urine may point at conditions that have to do with the kidneys as well as the liver, which will need to be checked immediately to make the correct diagnosis on a timely basis and begin treatment for the ailment in question. You may need more fluids in order to get the colour back to normal, as it may also be a sign of dehydration.
- Orange: Orange urine may point at a high dosage of vitamin B12, and may show that you are dehydrated, while pink or red urine must be reported to the doctor on an emergency basis, as it may point at a urinary tract infection (UTI) or prostate problems.
Diabetic nephropathy (Diabetic Kidney Disease) is defined as the progressive damage to the kidneys caused by diabetes. It is characterised by the scarring of the glomeruli in the kidneys due to prolonged diabetes mellitus.
What Causes Diabetic Nephropathy?
Diabetes is a condition characterized by high concentration of blood sugar. Although the cause of Diabetes Nephropathy is not yet well defined, it is likely that the high sugar levels in the blood damage the blood vessels present in the kidneys that help to filter waste products, thus resulting in decreased kidney function and ultimately, kidney failure.
Not everyone with diabetes suffers from diabetic nephropathy. Although, factors that can increase your chances of getting diabetic neuropathy are-
What are the symptoms of diabetic nephropathy?
In the early stages, there may be no symptoms at all, but as the disease progresses, you may notice swelling in the extremities like your feet. Thus it is recommended to get your blood albumin levels tested on a regular basis. If it is diagnosed in early stages, the damage can be reversed. Other symptoms that can indicate damage to the kidneys are-
Lack of appetite
Itchiness of skin
General feeling of illness
Diagnostic tests that can confirm diabetic nephropathy are-
Routine urine test (urinalysis) - Kidney diseases are detected by the presence of a protein in the urine called albumin and this condition is called albuminuria. Other parameters that must be regularly monitored are-
Cholesterol levels in your blood
How can you treat/ manage diabetic nephropathy?
If this type of nephropathy is diagnosed in the early stages, the damage to the kidneys can be reversible. The key to managing diabetic nephropathy are-
Glycemic Control: Monitor your blood glucose levels regularly
Management of Hypertension: It is important to manage your blood pressure as it can have a direct effect on the coronary blood vessels which in turn pump blood to the various blood vessels of the body
Renal Replacement Therapy: In chronically ill patients, renal replacement therapy is the best option. This can include haemodialysis (a procedure to flush out toxins from the blood, such as urea), peritoneal dialysis or ultimately renal transplantation.
Common cold and cough is one of the most common viral illnesses that have no specific treatment. Allopathic medicines provide palliative cure to just treat the symptoms, there is no definite antiviral for it. There is also popular belief having cold once or twice a year is a good way to cleanse the body.
Here is the homeopathic treatment for it:
- Influenzinum - It is a homeopathic remedy for flu. The medicine, which is diluted and potentized, strengthens the immune system to fight against flu viruses. It does not suppress the symptoms but makes your immune system strong to not allow foreign viruses affect your health.
- Aconitum or aconite - Used in the early stages of a cold that was sudden in onset and severe. There could be associated nasal discharge, fever and chills, chest congestion, itchy throat, and a traumatic experience. The person may also feel thirsty, anxious, and agitated.
- Allium cepa - Severe burning and watery eyes, nasal irritation, copious amounts of discharge, hoarseness, and headache. The runny nose improves in open air, but worsens when being indoors.
- Aconite - This homeopathic medicine is recommended when the most preliminary signs of common cold appear, such as getting thirsty frequently and being overly-anxious.
- Belladonna - Belladonna is for more severe signs of cold, such as high fever and persistence of a throbbing headache.
- Natrum mur - This medicine is effective for a runny nose, with initially clear snot thickening after a period of 24-48 hours.
- Pulsatilla - yellow or greenish mucous, nasal congestion, mouth breathing are some symptoms where this is used. It is very commonly used in newborn babies, if the discharge colour is green or yellow. Associated symptoms include moodiness, easy crying, craving for attention, easily hurt and sensitive. Homeopathy does'cure' the cough and cold in patients, in the true sense of the word. That provides palliative care and holistic treatment of the condition too.
You can be diagnosed with a tennis elbow even if you have never been on a tennis court! A tennis elbow refers to tendinitis or swelling of the tendons in the elbows and arms. Tough tissue bands that join the muscles of the arm to the bone are known as tendons. This affliction is one of the most common reasons for elbow pain and can affect men and women at any age. However, it is most commonly seen in patients who are around 40 years old.
Tennis elbow develops gradually and is triggered by repetitive motions that strain the muscles or put too much pressure on the tendons such as sports that involve swinging a racquet, weight lifting or hobbies like carpentry, knitting, typing or painting.
Most cases of tennis elbow resolve themselves with time as long as you rest the elbow and give your tendons a break. Some things you could do to speed up the healing process are:
Soak the elbow in an ice bath for half an hour every 3 to 4 hours. This should help relieve the pain and reduce swelling.
Use an elbow strap to support the arm and prevent further strain in the injured tendon.
Exercising the arm to reduce stiffness and increase the possible range of motions. This will also make your tendons more flexible. However, exercises should be done only under a physiotherapist’s guidance so as to prevent any further damage. Additionally, your doctor may also suggest physiotherapy, to strengthen and stretch the arm muscles.
Over the counter, anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen or aspirin can also help reduce the pain and swelling. These drugs should not be used without a doctor’s guidance as they can cause a number of side effects. In some cases, these side effects can slow down the healing process.
Painkiller or steroid injections may also be prescribed to temporarily ease the pain and swelling around the elbow.
In some cases of severe tennis elbow, these forms of treatment may not be effective and if you are still suffering from pain and swelling for over 4 months, you may need to consider surgery. Surgery for tennis elbow involves removing the damaged section of the tendon and repairing the remaining part.
Recovery from a tennis elbow may seem slow but it is essential to be patient and avoid lifting weights or putting any strain on the arm during recovery. Once the swelling has completely gone down and you feel no pain or tenderness in the area, only then should begin using your arm normally.
Black pepper is one of the oldest spices known to mankind. It is found in abundant quantities in the Southern states of Kerala. Its medicinal qualities can successfully counter disorders such as indigestion, pyorrhea, coughs, dental problems and cardiovascular diseases. Black pepper is extensively used for food preservation owing to its antibacterial properties. Being rich in fibre, vitamin C, manganese, vitamin K, they act as a great anti-inflammatory agent as well.
Here are some of the well-known benefits of black pepper:
- Beneficial for stomach: Black pepper enhances the secretion of HCL in the stomach which in turn facilitates digestion. This ensures proper digestion and keeps away diseases such as colic and diarrhoea. Pepper enhances urination and sweating which in turn ensures that external toxin has a safe out. It also has the capability to limit gas formation within the body.
- Weight Loss: Black Pepper’s outer layer helps in breaking of fat cells. Foods that are made with pepper are an effective way to shed weight. Once the fat cells are broken down, the body uses it as a component of enzymatic reactions. The excess fats are eradicated from the body. Black pepper can be used in curries or consumed daily in the morning along with hot water to fetch rich benefits.
- Skin Health: Pepper is a very good agent in curing skin disease such as vitiligo. The latter is a condition where patches of skin lose the normal pigmentation and become white. Recent studies have shown that pepper combined with UV therapy is a better alternative compared to chemical-heavy treatments. Furthermore, black pepper can successfully prevent skin cancer.
- Respiratory Relief: Pepper is known to be extremely effective when it comes to a cough and cold. It is known to be a great agent for nasal congestion and sinusitis. The expectorant property of the black pepper is known to attack the phlegm and mucus and give instant relief. The fact that it is a natural irritant, helps the mucus to get out of the body through the nostrils. This helps the body to heal quickly.
- Peptic ulcer and whooping cough: Quite a few studies have shown that black pepper is beneficial for patients suffering from peptic ulcer and gastric mucosal. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties also help to treat respiratory diseases such as asthma and persistent cough.
- Anti-oxidant properties: The anti-oxidant properties of black pepper help to counter the effects of the free radicals helps to fight cardiovascular diseases and successfully counter life-threatening diseases such as cancer. Furthermore, it can help the body fight premature ageing conditions such as macular degeneration, spots, wrinkles etc. Studies have also proved that black pepper enhances memory and impair memory loss.
If you are looking for natural remedies for arthritis, you should opt for Ayurvedic treatment. Arthritis is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disease causing damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee gets commonly affected. There are three primary types of arthritis, which occur in your knees. Ayurveda is ideal for arthritis treatment, and there are several Ayurvedic remedies that you can opt for.
How Does Ayurveda Approach Arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha (air). The body produces ama – a toxin that is released as a by product of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis aims at balancing and stabilising the Vata component of your body. This is done by strengthening your alimentary canal and metabolic pathway. This makes sure that your circulatory channels do not get blocked by impurities, and are functioning properly. You need to drink a lot of water in order to detoxify your body. There are several Ayurvedic home remedies for arthritis treatment as well, which help in improving your motion range.
You should start your day with a big glass of lukewarm lemon water every day.
You should opt for fenugreek which is an ideal natural inhibitor of ama and corrects your Vata dosha. This natural arthritis remedy can be taken in various ways. You can take these seeds in your food. You can also grind them, mix mustard oil to it, and apply the mixture to your joints. This provides warmth and relief to your joints.
You can opt for an Ayurvedic hot oil massage of your joints. This is effective, especially during the winter. You can use castor oil, and sesame seed oil for massaging your arthritis affected joints. Do not apply pressure while massaging your joints as applying pressure goes against the principles of Ayurveda.
It is recommended for you to meditate regularly for relieving stress and coping with anxiety. These factors are responsible for the development of ama in your body. Regular meditation makes your body relaxed and calm. You should practice yoga as it involves several breathing exercises which help in initiating you into meditation. Having effective control over your breath, your meditation will be more effective.
It is important for you to sleep early and wake up early. The disruption of your sleep cycle causes aggravation of all your doshas and causes stress and fear. A healthy sleep cycle helps you in keeping away from obesity. This improves the health of your load bearing joints, as the chances of them getting extra load because of obesity are prevented.
If you are looking for Ayurvedic remedies for arthritis, it is important for you to consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner. He will be able to prescribe you Ayurvedic remedies which suit your symptoms and stage of arthritis. Certain food habits like taking too much ice cream, fast food, red meat etc. should be restricted to a certain extent to prevent the production of Ama( toxin) as by-product to prevent inflammation of joints.