Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Infection
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Submit a review for Apollo HospitalsYour feedback matters!
धरती पर पाए जाने वाले तमाम औषधियों गुणों वाले पौधों में जटामांसी से होने वाले फायदे भी महत्वपूर्ण हैं. जटामांसी का का नाम अलग-अलग जगहों पर अलग-अलग है; जैसे कि गुजराती में जटामांसी या बालछड़, तेलगू में जटामांही, पहाडी क्षेत्रों में भूतकेश आदि नाम प्रचलित हैं. किसी साधू की जटाओं जैसी दिखने वाली रोयेंदार तने और तेज महक समाहित किए जड़ वाली जटामांसी के तने व जड़ का प्रयोग दवा के रूप में करते हैं. फायदे तो इसके बहुत सारे हैं लेकिन ठीक से इस्तेमाल न करें तो इसके नुकसान भी खूब हैं. इसलिए आइए जटामांसी के इस्तेमाल से होने वाले फायदों और इसकी सीमाओं को समझें.
जटामांसी के फायदे निम्लिखित हैं-
1. मेनोपॉज और मासिक धर्म के समय: महिलाओं के मेनोपॉज और मासिक धर्म के समय जटामांसी काफी फायदेमंद साबित होता है. मेनोपॉज के समय तो यह विशेष रूप से मददगार साबित होता है. वहीं मासिक धर्म के दौरान होने वाले कष्ट से छुटकारा पाने के लिए आप जटामांसी का काढ़ा पी सकती हैं.
2. शर्बत के रूप में: जटामांसी के फायदे इसके बने शर्बत में भी नजर आता है. इसके साथ ही ये आपके शरीर से जमे हुए काफ को भी निकालने में मदद करता है.
3. मस्तिष्क और नाड़ी विकार में: जटामांसी के लाभ हमारे मस्तिष्क और नाड़ियों के रोगों में भी हमारी मदद करते हैं. हलांकि इसके काम करने की गति थोड़ी धीमी होती है लेकिन असरदार भरपूर होती है.
4. मनोविकारों में: कई तरह के मनोविकारों जैसे कि पागलपन, हिस्टीरिया, मिर्गी, मन बेचैन होना, याददाश्त कम होना आदि रोगों में भी जटामांसी के फायदों से हम रोग के प्रभाव से हम मुक्त होते हैं.
5. आँखों के लिए: यदि हम जटामांसी के काढ़े को रोज पियें तो इससे आँखों की रौशनी बढ़ती है. इस तरह से ये आँखों के लिए फायदेमंद साबित होता है.
6. चमड़े के विकारों में: चर्म रोग तथा सोरायसिस जैसे रोगों में भी इसका लेप लगाने से काफी फायदा मिलता है. इससे हम चमड़े की कई समस्याओं से निजात पा सकते हैं.
7. दन्त विकारों में: दांतों में होने वाले दर्द को मिटाने के लिए जटामांसी के महीन पिसे हुए पाउडर से मंजन कीजिए निश्चित रूप से राहत मिलेगा.
8. दर्द निवारक के रूप में: जटामांसी का उपयोग आप दर्द निवारक के रूप में भी कर सकते हैं. आपके शरीर के जिस हिस्से में दर्द है वहां पर इसे पानी में पीस कर इसका लेप लगाएं.
9. अन्य रोगों में: जटामांसी को खाने या पीने से मूत्रनली, पाचननली, श्वसनली, गले, हैजा आदि के रोग ठीक होते हैं.
10. पेट के लिए: पेट फूलने में भी जटामांसी को सिरके में पीसा हुआ नमक मिलाकर लेप करने से पेट का सूजन कम होकर पेट सपाट होता है.
जटामांसी के ये निम्नलिखित नुकसान भी हैं-
1. मासिक धर्म: महिलाओं के मासिक धर्म के दौरान इसका ज्यादा मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करने से समस्या हो सकती है.
2. गर्भावस्था के दौरान: गर्भवती महिलाओं को जटामांसी के नुकसान से बचने के लिए इस दौरान जटामांसी के इस्तेमाल से बचना चाहिए. इसके साथ ही महिलाओं को स्तनपान कराने के दौरान भी जटामांसी का इस्तेमाल रोक देना चाहिए.
3. ज्यादा इस्तेमाल से: सामान्य तौर पर भी अधिकतम इस्तेमाल से या इसका ज्यादा मात्रा में सेवन करने से जटामांसी के नुकसान मसलन पेट दर्द की समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो सकती हैं.
4. रक्तचाप में: जिन लोगों को उच्च रक्तचाप की समस्या है उन्हें इसके इस्तेमाल से पहले अपने डॉक्टर से सलाह अवश्य लेना चाहिए. ऐसा नहीं करने से आपको एलर्जी जैसी समस्याओं का सामना करना पड़ सकता है.
5. अनावश्यक इस्तेमाल से: अनावश्यक रूप से जटामांसी का ज्यादा इस्तेमाल करने पर आपको उल्टी और दस्त जैसी समस्याओं का सामना करना पड़ सकता है.
छोटा पीपल के उपनाम से मशहूर पिप्पली के फायदे औषधीय रूप से बहुत ज्यादा है. इसके अलावा इसे मसाले के रूप में भी इस्तेमाल करते हैं. लगभग शहतूत के फल के आकार वाले पिप्पली के नुकसान भी हैं. गहरे हरे रंग और ह्रदय के आकार वाले चौड़े पत्तों व कोमल लताओं वाले पिप्पली के कच्चे फलों का रंग गहरा हरा और पकने के बाद काला हो जाता है.
पहले जानते हैं पिप्पली के फायदों को
1. दिल के मामलों में
दिल की बीमारियों में भी पिप्पली के फायदे दिखाते हैं. इसका चूर्ण बनाकर शहद में मिलाकर सुबह खाने से कोलेस्ट्राल नियंत्रित होता है. इसके अलावा पिप्पली और छोटी हरड़ की समान मात्रा पीसकर एक चम्मच सुबह-शाम गुनगुने पानी के साथ लेने से पेट दर्द, मरोड़ और दुर्गन्धयुक्त अतिसार में राहत मिलती है.
2. साँसों की बीमारी में
यदि आपको साँसों की बिमारी है तो इसमें भी आप पिप्पली के फायदे से राहत पा सकते हैं. इसके लिए आपको 2 ग्राम पिप्पली का चूर्ण बनाकर 4 कप पानी में उबाल लें. जब यह 2 कप रह जाए तो इसे छान लें. इसे 2-3 घंटे के अंतर पर थोड़ा-थोड़ा दिन भर पीते रहने से कुछ ही दिनों में सांस फूलने की समस्या से राहत मिलेगी.
3. सर दर्द में
इसे पानी में पीसकर माथे पर लेप लगाने से सिर दर्द में फायदा मिलता है. इसके लिए पिप्पली और वच चूर्ण को बराबर मात्रा में मिला लें. फिर इसकी 3 ग्राम नियमित रूप से दो बार दूध या गर्म पानी के साथ लेने से सर दर्द में राहत मिलती है.
4. मोटापा से भी राहत
मोटापे में पिप्पली के फायदे लेने के लिए आपको इसका चूर्ण लगभग आधा ग्राम की मात्रा में सुबह-शाम शहद के साथ रोजाना 1 महीने तक सेवन करने से मोटापा कम होता है. इसके अलावा पिप्पली के 1 से 2 दाने दूध में देर तक उबालकर उसमें से पिप्पली निकालकर खा लें और ऊपर से दूध पिने से भी मोटापे से राहत मिलती है.
5. छुआ-छूत के रोगों में
इसमें पाए जाने वाले प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाने के गुण से टी.बी. एवं अन्य संक्रामक रोगों में पिप्पली फायदेमंद है. इसके अलावा पिप्पली अनेक आयुर्वेदीय एंव आधुनिक दवाओं की कार्यक्षमता को बढ़ाने में मदद करती है.
पिप्पली के कई फायदों में से एक ये भी है कि इसके 1-2 ग्राम चूर्ण में सेंधानमक, हल्दी और सरसों का तेल मिलाकर दांतों पर लगाने से दांत के दर्द से राहत मिलती है.
6. वात से उत्पन्न रोगों में
इसके लिए आपको 5-6 पुरानी पिप्पली के पौधे का जड़ सुखाकर उसका चूर्ण बनाना होगा. आपको बता दें कि इस चूर्ण की 1-3 ग्राम मात्रा को गर्म पानी या गर्म दूध के साथ पिलाने से शरीर के किसी भी हिस्से में होने वाले दर्द से 1-2 घंटे में ही राहत मिल जाती है. बुढ़ापे में इससे विशेष रूप से राहत मिलती है.
7. सर्दी जुकाम में
सर्दी जुकाम में पिप्पली का फायदा उठाने के लिए इसका मूल, काली मिर्च और सौंठ की बराबर मात्रा में चूर्ण लेकर इसकी 2 ग्राम की मात्रा शहद के साथ चाटने से जुकाम में राहत मिलती है. इसके अलावा आधा चम्मच पिप्पली चूर्ण में समान मात्रा में भुना जीरा तथा थोड़ा सा सेंधा नमक मिलाकर छाछ के साथ सुबह खाली पेट लेने से बवासीर में भी लाभ होता है.
पिप्पली के नुकसान
1. बिना किसी सावधानी के, पंचकर्म और रसायन प्रक्रिया के बिना, पिप्पली को अधिक मात्रा या लंबे समय के लिए इस्तेमाल नुकसानदेह साबित हो सकता है. इससे काफ में वृद्धि होती है. पिप्पली की अन्दुरुनी गरमी के कारण पित्त दोष बढ़ता है. इसकी कम चिकनाई (Alpasneha) के कारण, यह वात संतुलन के लिए जिम्मेदार मानी जाती है.
2. छोटे बच्चों को शिशुओं को इसके सेवन से बचाना चाहिए.
3. दूध और घी के साथ, यह प्रति दिन 250 मिलीग्राम की एक छोटी खुराक में बच्चों को दिया जा सकता है.
4. जो महिलाएं स्तनपान कराती हैं वैसी माताओं को भी यह कम मात्रा में इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए.
5. जो महिलाएं गर्भावस्था में हैं उन्हें इसके उपयोग के लिए, अपने चिकित्सक की सलाह ज़रूर लेना चाहिए.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients.
Is your partner pestering you to lose weight? Is constant fatigue and weakness a common complaint of yours? If yes, then it is time to knock those extra pounds off. Besides raising your self-esteem up by a few notches, it will also keep you fitter and healthier. Ayurveda is an age-old system of medicine that is holistic, natural and free from side-effects, unlike conventional treatment methods. Here are some tips that you may employ to keep your waist slick:
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy does not only mean avoiding junk food; it also includes picking the right kind of healthy foods. So eat a well-balanced diet comprising of a mix of carbohydrates, fats and protein. Include plenty of vegetables in your diet as they contain little calories and are filled with antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage. Stay away from junk food as they contain hidden sugar and fats that could wreak havoc on your waistline.
- Get Moving: If you think exercise could be the last thing, prepare a new list wherein exercise enjoys the utmost priority. You can start your day with a 20 minute jog which will not only keep the kilos off but also improve your mood. Aim for 30-40 minutes of light exercise every day to burn the extra calories. If you have a sedentary job, then take frequent breaks to move about.
- Limit Liquor Consumption: Excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks, such as beer takes a toll on your waistline. It contains empty calories that are easily converted into fats by the body. So if you are going drinking with your friends, remember not to drink like a fish.
- Combat Stress: Stress can add to your weight as it can induce binge eating in some people. Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation to bring down stress levels. You can also practice simple breathing techniques (pranayama and other breathing asanas) to help you relax.
Types of Ayurvedic Massages For Losing Weight
Udvartana - It is the most widely used technique for toning and weight loss. This technique involves the combination of certain prescribed herbal powders along with oil and it is applied to the body. This technique helps build body strength along with accelerating fat loss. The trademark of this massage technique involves some specific movements and each session is recommended to continue for a span of about 45 minutes every day for visible results.
Advantages of Udvartana:
- Improves complexion and makes the skin look fairer
- Helps to burn unwanted excess fat and breaks down cellulite
- You will see reduction in body odour
- If you get a general feeling of heaviness, then this massage technique is recommended for you
- Circulation in the skin is improved
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current.
When particular nerve cells in the brain don't function properly, it leads to epilepsy, which is a common brain disorder. There are several variants of epilepsy, and the one that you are suffering from would play a major role in the type of seizure you are likely to have. Here are the two most common type of seizures:
Common types of Seizures
- Generalized seizures: This type of seizures take place when nerve cells on both sides of the brain start misfiring. They may lead to black out, fall or muscle spasms.
- Focal seizures: It starts in a particular area of the brain, and the names of the seizure are based on the affected area of the brain. They may lead to both emotional and physical effects which may affect the way a person feels or sees or hear things that have no real presence. In particular cases, the symptoms of focal seizures are regarded of some other kinds of mental or nervous disorder.
Seizures are not considered an either-or thing since some people tend to have a particular type of seizure which gradually alters its course. It is not always easy to classify certain types of seizures which are called unknown-onset seizures and may lead to both physical and sensory symptoms. Both focal and generalized seizures can be categorized into various groups. The most common are listed below:
Subcategories of focal and generalized seizures
- Simple focal seizures: It may change how the senses read the surroundings of a person. It can make a familiar taste or smell appear strange. Some people feel dizzy or visualize flashes of light or make the affected individual feel nauseated or sweaty.
- Complex focal seizures: It normally happens when a part of the brain which controls emotion and memory gets affected. The affected person may feel awake even when he has lost consciousness. It can take several minutes for a person to come out of the problem.
Secondary generalized seizures: It starts when a part of the brain spreads to the nerve cells. They may lead to a few physical symptoms including muscle slackness and convulsions.
On the other hand, there are six variants of generalized seizures:
- Clinic seizure: The muscles tend to have spasms which make a face, neck, and arms jerk rhythmically. It can last for minutes together.
- Tonic-clonic seizure: These are the most notable type of seizures and leads to stiffening of the body, jerking and shaking along with the loss of consciousness. It can last between 1 to 3 minutes, and in case they go for a longer span, it is important to seek immediate medical attention. It may lead to breathing issues and may cause the person to bite his tongue or cheek.
- Tonic seizures: When the muscled in the legs or arms or trunk tense up for more than 20 seconds, it is called a tonic seizure. If the affected person is in standing position, he or she may end up falling.
Other types of generalized seizure include atonic seizure, absence seizure and myoclonic seizure which are commonly seen in people who have epilepsy.
Human bones are continuously being removed and formed which is necessary for its proper maintenance. However, in certain cases, especially with aging, some bones and joints will be worn down to an extent where the body will not be able to reform them. This is especially true in the case of hips which may become worn due to age or other problems within the body.
Hip replacement surgery
When this happens, a hip replacement surgery can be performed to replace the original joints with a prosthesis or artificial hip which is usually made out of metal or a specially formed composite material or even a combination of the two. Along with other parts, it replaces the natural hip with an artificial hip to restore mobility and other related functions.
Benefits of hip replacement surgery:
- Lessening hip pain - This is one of the major factors as well as symptoms of requiring hip replacement surgery. Due to the grinding down of the bones, even the slightest movement causes pain and after the surgery and the recovery period, the pain is lessened.
- Correction of bone deformity - When the bones grind down and are abnormally reformed, deformities may occur reducing mobility. Artificial hips will ensure that deformities are corrected and resulting problems are thus eliminated.
- Return to normal activities and resumption of normal activities - This is possibly one of the primary advantages of this surgery, although it entails a long recovery period. However, most patients can get back to their normal activities and are able to resume a pain free life.
- Ability to have painless sleep - Many people who suffer from hip displacements or bone deformities are not able to sleep properly due to pain. After the surgery and the recovery period, they can return to normal functions and habits, thus are able to sleep properly.
- Leg strength increase - Many patients tend to have an increase in their leg strength as one side of the hip tends to become very weak due to bone problems before surgery. After surgery and recovery, the same side tends to have an increased strength due to the implant.
- In most cases a lifelong solution to hip problems - As the hip replacement prosthesis is made out of metal and if the operation is successful, it usually tends to last till the end of a person's life and this area usually doesn't tend to have problems again.
You know it’s time for a knee replacement surgery when you can’t walk, move or get up from a chair without pain in spite of taking medications, physiotherapy and following a pain management therapy for a long time. Knee replacement surgery is also known as arthroplasty, and it’s one of the most common bone surgeries around.
Causes of Knee Pain
Most people suffering from arthritis of any kind- osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and post-traumatic arthritis are the ones who may require a knee replacement surgery when their condiition becomes severe.
It helps ease pain and helps one move freely.
- Osteoarthritis- This is mostly caused due to age-related ‘wear and tear’ of the knee joint and usually occurs in people who are older than 50 years. In this condition, the cartilage that cushions the three main bones of the knee wears away. This makes the bones rub against one another, causing stiffness and knee pain. Osteoarthritis is the main reason why people go for knee replacement surgery.
- Rheumatoid arthritis- In this type of arthritis, the synovial membrane that surrounds the knee joint becomes inflamed. This chronic inflammation then damages the knee cartilage and leads its loss and attendant pain, and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis- This happens after a serious knee injury. It can lead to tears of the knee ligaments and bones which leads to damage to the knee cartilage.
- Loss of blood flow to the bones – osteonecrosis – also may require knee replacement surgery.
- Those with deformities like knock knees and bowed legs also may require knee replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery
During this surgery, an orthopedic surgeon removes the damaged part of the knee and replaces it with an artificial metal or plastic joint. This artificial joint is then attached to the thigh bone, the shin, and the kneecap with a special cement-like material.
Different Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
There are four main types of knee replacement surgery-
- Total knee replacement- This is the most common type of surgery. In this, your surgeon replaces the entire knee including the thigh bone and shin bone that connect to the knee.
- Partial knee replacement- This type of surgery is performed if arthritis affects only one side of your knee. However, this type of surgery is done only if you have strong knee ligaments. This is performed through a smaller cut than is needed for total knee replacement.
- Kneecap replacement- This type of surgery replaces only the under-surface of your kneecap.
- Revision knee replacement- This is a complex surgery which is performed in case you have very severe arthritis.
A knee replacement is actually a knee "resurfacing" because only the surface of the knee bones is actually replaced during the procedure. It is a relatively safe procedure and the patient does not have any side effects. All a patient is required to do is take proper rest and follow the instructions of your doctor.
- The bacteria in your gut, collectively called the gut microbiota, are sometimes referred to as the "forgotten organ." These gut bugs are incredibly important for all sorts of health-related aspects. A disruption in the gut bacteria is linked to some of the world's most serious chronic diseases, including obesity.
- A good way to improve gut health, is to eat probiotic foods (like live yogurt and sauerkraut), takeprobiotic supplements, and eat plenty of fiber. Fiber functions as fuel for the gut bacteria.
Stretch marks affect men and women equally and are quite normal. Stretch marks occur due to sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions in both men and women. Athletes or body builders doing heavy exercises are more likely to get stretch marks due to rapid changes in their body.
Stretch marks are visible stripes or lines that appears in various parts of the body; depending on where the skin tears. The commonly affected body parts are lower abdomen and thighs; however, they can also be seen on arms, buttocks, etc. Pregnancy is one main reason in women for these visible lines on their lower abdomen.
But do not worry! you can get rid of them very easily if you follow these simple yet effective home remedies regularly:
1. Massage with olive oil: olive oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. Regularly massaging your body with warm olive oil will help in improving the blood circulation and reducing those visible stretch marks.
2. Apply egg whites: eggs are a rich source of protein. Whip the whites of two eggs and apply a thick layer of the egg whites over the affected areas. Allow it to dry and then rinse the area with cold water. Finally apply some olive oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
3. Scrub with coffee powder: gentle scrubbing with coffee helps in lightening stretch marks gradually as it has anti-oxidant properties.
4. Apply a mixture of lemon juice, sugar and glycerine: lemon contains a good amount of citric acid nd sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent. Scrubbing your skin with a coarse mix of lemon juice and sugar can help in removing dead skin and reducing the unsightly appearance of stretch marks on the arms, thighs, etc. You can add a few drops of glycerine to the mixture to keep your skin moisturized.
5. Massage with almond and coconut oil: mix almond and coconut oil and apply this mixture to the affected area regularly. This will significantly help in getting rid of stretch marks.
6. Apply aloe vera gel regularly: regular application of aloe vera gel helps in stimulating cell growth that helps in the reduction of stretch marks. Additionally, its healing and soothing properties keep the skin hydrated, rejuvenated, and glowing.
Ways to prevent and get rid of stretch marks:
1. Maintain a healthy body weight. Consume protein, zinc and vitamin c rich foods in abundance. Green salad, milk, fish, nuts and citrus fruits help a lot in minimizing stretch marks.
2. Keep your body hydrated by increasing fluid intake.
3. Avoid rapid increase or decrease in weight.
4. Plan slow weight gain during pregnancy.
5. Avoid prolong exposure to sun.
But, if stretch marks are severe or interfering with your self-confidence, treatment options are available. You can consult a doctor who specializes in treating them to learn about possible solutions and ways to reduce their appearance.
Benefits of jackfruit seeds:
1. Fights wrinkles
In order to avoid wrinkles on your skin take a seed of jackfruit and grind it smoothly in cold milk for some time. Apply this paste on your face regularly to keep fine lines away. This is one of the chief benefits of jackfruit seeds and is bound to give your skin a boost of youth. Jackfruit seeds are also great for your skin’s texture. Soak the seeds with some milk and honey and grind it into a fine paste. Apply this on your face evenly and let it dry completely. Wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Helps in curing mental stress and skin diseases
Since jackfruit seeds are high in proteins and other micronutrients, they help in managing mental stress levels and various other skin diseases. Consume jackfruit seeds to keep the skin moisture levels high and your hair in good condition.
3. Prevents anaemia
Eating jackfruit seeds can give your daily nutrition an iron boost. Jackfruit seeds are a great source of iron which is a component of hemoglobin. A diet which is rich in iron eliminates the risk of anemia and other blood disorders. Iron also keeps the brain and heart healthy and strong
4. Healthy hair and good eyesight
Jackfruit seeds help in maintaining good eyesight as they contain vitamin a. Vitamin a is one of the most important nutrients for eye health and a diet rich in this vitamin helps keep night blindness at bay. Vitamin a also promotes healthy hair and prevents brittle hair.
5. Prevents indigestion
The powdered jackfruit seeds are known to give instant relief from indigestion. Sun dry the seeds first and then grind them to a powder. Store this powder for a quick, homemade remedy for indigestion. You can also consume jackfruit seeds directly for constipation as it is a rich source of dietary fiber.
6. Builds muscles
Jackfruit seeds comprise high quality proteins which aids in building muscles. The proteins we get from jackfruits is free from cholesterol.
Some of the most interesting health benefits of linden include its ability to improve the immune system, prevent certain forms of cancer, calm and detoxify the body, eliminate anxiety, lower inflammation, and lower blood pressure.
What is linden?
Tilia is the name of the genus that contains varieties of trees named linden, whose flowers, leaves, and extracts have been used for medicinal and decorative purposes for many years. The tilia genus members are often also called lime or basswood, and the different types of linden have slightly different components and effects. Tilia cordata is the strongest type of tree, in terms of its medicinal effects, and is commonly known as little-leaf linden. This wide variety can be found throughout europe and into western asia and is 60-80 feet in height. Linden flowers are the most commonly used part of these trees, primarily because of the potency of linden flower tea, which is known to be very powerful as a treatment for a wide variety of conditions.
The flowers are yellow and once they are dried, they can be brewed as a delicious and potent tea, which is growing in popularity around the world as more research is being done. The health benefits of linden and linden tea are largely due to the high concentrationof phytonutrients, flavonoids, and other diaphoretic substances. This unique mix of organic compounds has resulted in one of the most trusted and reliable herbal tea varieties on the market.￼
Health benefits of linden
Let’s take a slightly closer look at the many health benefits of linden.
1. Relieves anxiety
One of the most frequent uses for linden tea is as an anxiety aid, as its soothing properties have been known to reduce mental stress and anxiety. If you suffer from mood swings or unexplained chronic stress, a cup of linden tea can be a very wise addition to your health regimen. It has a minor effect on your hormone levels, inducing a state of relaxation for the body and mind.
2. Prevents chronic diseases
As with so many herbal remedies, the antioxidant content of linden is one of the best qualities this plant has. Antioxidant compounds like quercetin and kaempferol both act as free radical scavengers, eliminating these harmful byproducts of cellular respiration from your system and improving your overall health by preventing chronic disease. These are particularly effective for protecting the skin against signs of aging and exposure to the sun as you age.
3. Detoxifies the body
P-coumaric acid is another very beneficial organic compounds found in linden that can be accessed in linden tea. This is known as a diaphoretic, which means that it induces sweating, which is a very effective way of releasing toxins from the body, along with excess salts, fat, water, and foreign substances. This quality also makes linden valuable for people suffering from fevers, as inducing sweating can help lower a fever faster and prevent permanent damage to organ systems.
4. Reduces cold and flu
In addition to stimulating sweating to break a fever, linden also contributes to other symptoms of cold and flu, such as inflamed or swollen membranes throughout the mouth and respiratory tracts. This can help to reduce coughing and irritation, which is why linden is often relied on, to soothe sore throats and calm coughing. Linden tea can also help to eliminate congestion, making it a true triple-threat to colds, and represents a major immune system booster.
5. Removes inflammation
For those who suffer from tension headaches and other inflammatory conditions, including arthritis and gout, linden tea can help eliminate those painful symptoms. Just as it reduces the inflammation in the respiratory tracts, it also helps to lower blood pressure and remove inflammation in the blood vessels, thereby preventing the small capillary back-ups that so commonly lead to headaches, as well as the swollen tissue of arthritis sufferers.
￼6. prevents cancer
With its impressive arsenal of antioxidants, linden is a definite contender for preventing and treating various forms of cancer. Those antioxidant compounds, like quercetin and coumarin, prevent free radicals from causing apoptosis or mutation in healthy cells, which often lead to cancer.
7. Improves digestion
If you’re suffering from an upset stomach, bloating, constipation, or cramping, sip on a cup of linden tea and settle your stomach in no time. The blend of compounds and chemicals found in linden can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort and stimulate the proper digestion and excretion of food.
8. A final word of warning
There are some people who are allergic to these flowers, so speak to your doctor before adding linden tea to your favorite beverages list. Also, there is a maximum dosage, so avoid drinking more than 3 cups per day. Furthermore, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it usually isn’t a good idea to drink linden tea, or if you have heart disease, as this flower can negatively interact with certain medicines.
What is Micro Hair Patch / Hair Skin / Toupee?
Micro Skin gives you a complete security of hair condition and a new life, with better lifestyle and hairstyle.
Some diseases like chicken pox, measles etc. have definitive symptoms that make it easy to diagnose. However, others like lupus affect each person in a different way making them complex diseases that may take longer to diagnose. Lupus attacks the immune system and causes the antibodies that would normally fight infection to react against the body’s own cells and tissues. There are two main forms of lupus; systemic lupus that affects any part of the body and cutaneous lupus that affects the skin. These can occur simultaneously or on their own.
Some of the rashes that can be caused by cutaneous lupus are:
- Malar rash or butterfly rash: This affects the face and appears as a butterfly shaped rash over the nose and cheeks. It is triggered by the sun’s uv rays and can appear as a faint blush or a severe, scaly rash.
- Discoid lupus: Lupus can also cause small. Coin shaped sores or rashes. These are reddish and scaly in appearance and usually affect parts of the body exposed to sunlight and uv radiation. If left untreated, these sores can worsen with time. Though they do not cause pain or itchiness, they can result in scarring. In cases where these sores develop on the scalp, they can cause permanent bald patches.
- Subacute cutaneous lesions: These can be described as small, red sores that are shaped like coins. These can be found on the arms, shoulders, neck and chest in patches that resemble psoriasis. These lesions are also triggered by uv exposure. Though they do not cause scarring, these lesions can lighten or darken skin.
- Mucous membrane lesions: Sores in the mouth or nose that have been triggered by lupus are known as mucous membrane lesions.
- Baldness: Lupus can make the hair follicles near the scalp fragile and brittle. This can destroy the hair follicles and lead to hair fall. In some cases, hair may grow back while in others it could result in permanent baldness.
- Cutaneous vasculitis lesions: These refer to purplish spots or lines on the calves and feet. This is caused by the inflammation of skin tissues and can cause severe damage and gangrene.
- Raynaud's phenomenon: When exposed to cold, the skin on your fingers and toes may also change colour to red, white or blue due to lupus. This is triggered by the tightening of blood vessels and may be accompanied by a tingling sensation or numbness.