Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Submit a review for AnshulYour feedback matters!
I have varicose vein in my right leg. What is the best treatment for Varicose Veins? I'm 22 years old, my weight is 92 KG, height 5 ft 9 inch.
Recently did operation of left leg of varicose veins, two things need to ask 1) which socks to get which one is cotton good variety, & from where shall I get, 2) who / which doctor has the Rights to give me letter to go on Handicapped coach in local train, so that the letter can be a reference letter for travelling in Handicap coach on local trains, Thanks in advanced regards Tejas Mehta.
Blood circulation happens through two sets of blood vessels. The arteries carry pure oxygenated blood from the heart to the various parts of the body. The veins carry impure, deoxygenated blood from the various body parts to the heart. Blood movement is controlled by opening and closing of valves. The farther the veins are from the heart, the more pressure it has to exert to reach the heart. Also, in a person who is standing for prolonged periods of time, the blood flow has to happen against gravity, which is again not easy. Over a period of time, these vessels could get twisted, swollen, and engorged. These are known as varicose veins and are common in the calf area.
Causes: The exact causes are not known, but it is believed to be due to
- Defective or damaged valves, which are not able to control blood flow
- Vein walls could be thin, leading to improper flow of blood
- The most obvious symptom is the blue, swollen leg veins which appear ropy and thin.
- With prolonged standing, leg pain and tenderness.
- Night cramps in the legs.
- Itching and heaviness in the legs.
- Bleeding if varicose veins are severe.
- Skin changes including scaling, dryness, and color changes.
Risk factors: Though causes are not known, risk factors are identified.
- Prolonged standing: People whose jobs/occupation require standing for prolonged duration
- Obesity – Weight definitely has a role to play
- Family history
- Age, which causes the veins to lose elasticity and turn rigid, affecting smooth blood flow
- Trauma or surgery involving the leg veins
- Smoking, strongly increases the risk
- Quite easy to diagnose clinically based on appearance
- Further testing including Doppler, scanning, and MRI may be rarely required
- During long working hours, take short breaks to elevate the legs.
- During long journeys, take a break to improve circulation.
- Weight management, as being overweight is a big risk factor.
- Avoiding alcohol, which leads to venous dilation.
- Quit smoking.
- In people with circulation issues, compression stocking (Ted hose or Jobst stocking) can improve circulation. They are also useful in controlling pain and are frequently used in varicose vein treatment.
- Avoid sitting cross-legged, which helps by reducing constant pressure on the vein valves.
- Avoid tight clothing around the knees/legs as they pressure on the veins and/or valves.
- Regular exercise regimen like walking helps improve blood flow.
- In very severe cases, surgical treatment options are available including sclerotherapy, laser treatment, and vein stripping. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
My wife has varicose veins at her legs. She is feeling pain. Local doctor told that there is no treatment for this. Only operation is the solution. Is there any treatment without operation?
Dear Doctor, Knee joint pain (both legs) aged 62 years with controlled BP and no diabetic but symptoms of varicose veins only in left leg since one year.
I have starting of varicose and my energy level is very low please tell what type of diet should I take to increase my energy level and what type exercise I can do.
I am having varicose veins from about 2-3 years and it is increasing slowly. Kindly tell me the remedies (natural if possible) and the possible cause of this disease.
Doctor I am suffering with varicose veins. I got a selection in Indian Navy, and a medical after 5 days. What can I do for disappears that between 5 days. Please help me doctor it's my life changing turn.
I am 31 years old ,I have cholesterol, fatty liver, uric acid level high ,varicose vein so can you suggest some good advice.
My mother having varicose vein problem and there are two wounds on leg and not healing from so much time. She having so much pain in wounds .Please suggest how do that wounds will be heal.
Mere veins k bech bech mai kuch fool sa gaya hai and still 3 years hai or ya ab bad raha veins k har jagah gol gol type sa fool gaya hai I feel also low blood circlation bahut jaldi mere blood flow ruk jata hai please help me tell me treatment please.
Varicose veins are known to be a very common problem, which result in the inflammation of veins in the body. Veins are the blood vessels, which are responsible for the transfer of deoxygenated blood from the different parts of the body to the heart. Because the blood does not contain oxygen, it has a bluish tinge. As a result varicose veins are most likely to appear bluish when swollen.
This condition is quite common in old people and some are even likely to develop slight ulcers in the vein.
Homeopathic treatment for varicose veins
Certain Homeopathic drugs are said to work wonders for this condition, as they not only offer pain relief, but also make the veins more elastic. This helps with effective circulation and thus, the swelling reduces. The following is a list of some homeopathic medicines that work best to cure varicose veins.
- Hamamelis: It is known to be the best cure for varicose veins. It effectively stops any sort of bleeding from the veins. It also offers relief from pain and from a sensation of heaviness of the legs.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is greatly recommended for women who develop varicose veins during the course of their pregnancy. It immediately does away with the pain. The medicine especially works well for swollen veins of the legs and the hands. Application of a cold pack also helps relieve the pain and reduce swelling.
- Calcarea: It is generally recommended to patients who have varicose veins, but do not suffer from any pain. In case the patient feels chilly and suffers from various other symptoms like some sort of burning sensation in the veins or cold hand and feet, calcarea is a good cure.
- Graphites: It is known to be a great cure for varicose veins that is accompanied with some amount of itching and cramping.
- Arnica: This homeopathic medicine effectively deals with varicose veins accompanied with symptoms like soreness and bruising. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I seem to be developing Varicose veins in one of my legs. While there is no pain or discomfort right now, is there some prevention techniques to minimize its impact going forward?
Doc my mom is 52 years old. She has initial symptom of varicose veins. Few parts on legs the nerves have become like red colour. She has leg ,neck .back and shoulder pain. What should b done.
Varicose veins is a common condition observed in practice whereby patients present with dilated, tortuous and elongated veins, especially on the legs. However, any vein in the body if gets twisted, stretched out or looses elasticity, could be labeled as varicose.
The veins have certain valve like mechanism which allows the blood to move upwards toward the heart. The valves have leaflets. When the leaflets loose their elasticity, the valves loose their capacity to push blood upwards; hence there is a back pressure which leads to further elongation of the veins. The veins also have reduced elasticity. As a result, the veins get ‘tortuous’ or twisted; as well as hardened. The veins, thus, become visible as zigzag vascular tubes, especially on legs.
Varicose veins affect especially the depending parts of the body that is lower limbs, which gets even worse when one tends to stand longer. People in the business of standing for long, such as sales people, policemen, plastic surgeon (tend to stand for hours during surgery), etc. Are risk of developing varicose veins
Homeopathy works very well for mild to moderate cases of varicose veins. It helps to reduce pain, control further varicosity, reduces swelling. Homeopathy also helps significantly in the cases which have varicose ulcers. Homeopathic treatment is strongly recommended for all cases of varicose veins.