Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
Submit a review for jgjmjtjYour feedback matters!
Aesthetic medicine is an umbrella term, which encompasses all sorts of specialties that mainly focus on the improvement of cosmetic appearance through different treatments. Improving skin laxity, removing scars, reducing wrinkles, mole spots, treatment of unwanted hair, treatment of skin discolouration etc. are a few such aesthetic treatments. One such aesthetic treatment is called platelet rich plasma (PRP), which is used to improve skin laxity and avoid wrinkle formation. PRP injection is a treatment for the skin.
Procedure of PRP
Blood is extracted from the patient, which is then immediately put into the centrifuge. After completion of centrifugation, the plasma and the red blood cells are separated and this plasma is used to extract the rich platelets. Finally, these platelets are injected into the fat skin layer, which would then cause improved collagen secretion and help in improving the health of the skin. The entire process takes about 45 minutes of time.
Numerous body and facial areas can be treated with the help of this treatment. Few such body parts may include the following:
- Orbital rim around eyes
- Crepey skin on the neck
- Cheeks and midface
- Back of hands etc.
Benefits of PRP
There are numerous benefits of this treatment. A few of them are listed below:
- Helps in skin rejuvenation and tissue regeneration
- Is entirely hygienic and non-allergic
- Eliminates the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases from other individuals, as the process includes using the blood of the client himself / herself
A lot of individuals ask about the time it takes for the rejuvenation phase. Well, the whole process takes about six weeks. However, the time span is also dependent upon the skin condition of the individuals. The skin that needs lesser work would obviously require lesser time to heal completely. Also, these treatments last about 18 months and yet again the lasting process may be dependent on how well the skin is being taken care of.
The platelet-rich plasma injections are widely used and have been proven to give amazing results. However, the safety of the procedure has not really been clinically studied yet. Cases of PRP injections going wrong have rarely occurred. However, further clinical studies are required to prove that this treatment is not only effective, but is also super safe. Irrespective of any such factor, PRP is one of the most common aesthetic treatments used in the UK, Japan and Europe.
Trigger finger is a common injury that occurs to people. To understand this condition, you need to have a little background about the way the finger muscles work. The finger muscles are protected by a layer of bones, which are called pulleys. These pulleys form a hollow tube like structure so that the ligaments can pass through it.
These ligaments function smoothly due to a coating of tenosynovium. This tenosynovium is slippery in nature and causes frictional movements, which is why we are able to move our fingers and grasp objects.
Causes of Trigger Finger:
Trigger finger is a condition, which develops when the ligaments develop a sort of nodule. This nodule also causes inflammation in the pulleys. This inflammation would cause constant irritation and pain to the person who has developed a trigger finger or a trigger thumb. There are several reasons as to why such a nodule develops. Some of them are as follows:
Grasping a steering wheel for a long time. That is the reason this condition develops a lot in drivers.
Rheumatoid arthritis, although this is mostly restricted to people who are middle aged.
Gripping pistols and guns repeatedly.
Infections or swelling in the tenosynovium.
How To Treat Trigger Finger?
Trigger Finger can be treated with the help of physiotherapy. When you visit a physiotherapist, the first thing the therapist would do is note down your medical history and symptoms for your current trigger finger. The physical examination is conducted, which often reveals and confirms that the condition is nothing but trigger finger. Therapists usually make sure of this condition by hearing a clicking noise when the nodule snaps under the tendons.
There are two probable ways to treat this condition:
Non-Surgical- These methods involve various exercises to ease out the tension in the pulleys. It might also involve showing you different ways of grasping objects without disturbing the inflammation so that it causes less pain. At times, mild electric current is pushed through the tendons to ease out the inflammation. If these methods fail to rectify your trigger finger, then surgical method is prescribed.
Surgical- This involves a small incision in your hands to remove the tendon pulley, which is obstructing the smooth functioning of your fingers. The surgery is performed in a day and the patient is discharged the same day. However, proper rest should be taken till the wound heals and the stitches dry completely.
These are some of the ways in which trigger finger is treated. It is quite common and thus can be treated effectively as well.
I am 22 years female .m suffering from lice n nits in my hair. Plzz suggest me what oil n shampoo to use n I want to get rid of it please . Due to this m suffering from hair fall also.
Does applying honey makes grey hair? I used to apply on face daily. Sometimes it get in contact with my hair and eyebrows. I do wash my face with lukewarm water only. But some ppl say that I have more tendency to get grey hair soon. Pls suggest me with good face pack or suggest me whether applying honey doesn't make greys :(
After implementation of pacemaker pain started in my left biceps please provide any home remedies to cure this pain because it cause severe pain. please help me
My hair is turned into white (some part). I look like aged now. Suggest a best shampoo to overcome this problem.
Respected Doctor It has been about six long months that my Mom is suffering from swelling in her feet which reduces in her feet when she keeps them elevated in the night time but then the condition of swelling gets worst during the day when she has to keep her feet on the ground. Also now there are cracks seen in between the fingers of the feet because of which she is always in pain. Hence please do suggest the best medicine to cure the disease so that she may be relieved of the problem that is persistent since long. Please Do answer at your earliest Yours sincerely.
My mother- aged 85 years, had a fall and injured right hand biceps & shoulder, various oils & tablets - no remedy till now, so suggest any ayurveda medicines, she is a diabetic patient since 40 years a long list of medicines she is consuming now.
Human body moves in an agile manner because of the wonderful coordination between the muscles and bones. The bones are connected to the muscles by what are known as tendons. These are fibrous, thinner than bones, but thicker than muscles and enable movement.
However, due to overuse, trauma, or inflammation, these tendons can be affected. Symptoms include constant dull ache, weakness, stiffness, and limited movement of the affected area. With exercise or sudden movement, the pain can be more sharp and severe. This condition is known as chronic tendinopathy. Depending on the actual clinical presentation, rest, ice therapy, heat therapy, exercise and pain medications are usually used in combination to relieve the tendon pain.
However, if there is no relief of symptoms, surgery may be indicated to remove the injured tissue. This will allow for healing of the affected tendon, thereby reducing pain and inflammation and improving range of motion of the affected joint. Many questions have been raised about the traditional methods of therapy and treatment for tendon pain. More and more innovative, but conservative measures are being used to treat chronic tendon pain, as they produce better results and have gained more popularity. Three of the most common ones are listed below:
- Platelet rich plasma therapy: Traditionally, corticosteroids were used for treating chronic tendinopathy. This was believed to reduce inflammation and therefore relieve the pain. Instead, injecting the affected joint with platelet-rich plasma provides the body with rich supply of oxygen, nutrients, and growth factors. This triggers natural healing. It is done as an outpatient, nonsurgical procedure, where the patient’s blood is drawn and centrifuged to remove the platelets. This plasma is then injected back into the tendon area to promote healing.
- Mechanical therapy: Conventionally, static stretching of the injured tendons was believed to repair the injury. However, this belief is slowly replaced with doing the exercise with resistance in place. This helps collagen synthesis and therefore helps in promoting the tendon injury. After the initial healing phase, slowly introducing heavy, slow resistance therapy helps build back muscle and improve strength.
- Tenex procedure: Traditionally, if all other measures for tendon repair failed, surgery would be the last resort. A large incision was made, through which the injured tendon would be accessed and repaired. Recovery would sometimes take months. With advancements, however, currently, a 3-mm incision is made, through which ultrasound image is used via probe. This probe removes the damaged tissue and the surrounding tissue is also debrided. This minimally invasive procedure takes about 20 minutes and recovery takes about 2 to 6 weeks.
The next time there is someone suffering from chronic tendon injury, try these innovative and less invasive ways. Treatment and recovery would be more effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I have pain in my front of legs. Whenever I start to run, it pains allot and when I touch that area then also it pains. Give me solution, so that I can run easily.
I have pain in body joint and weakness and tiredness in the whole body and some time numbness occur in hand and foot. Please suggest me what is the problem and which time body test I need to do.
I have pain in right leg from thigh to foot. Sometimes pain in left leg also .but more pain in right leg .I feel like my leg to be weak or may be calcium or vitamin deficit. Suggest me what to do?
I'm 18 years old I didn't have any beard and moustache in my face and there is no any identity to have beard in my face give the opinion and I will consider.
How much cost of beard transplant and I have very little hair in chin. Can I get a full beard. If after transplant I shaved then beard will continue growing.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and Yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Panchakrama Treatments: Panchakrama treatments like Vasti, Janu vasti, greeva vasti, kati vasti, elakizhi, podikizhi, pizhichil etc. are very useful treatments for Athritis. Small herbal pouches made of various herbs which are warmed in medicated oils are used to massage the entire body or specific areas like the back, neck, shoulders, hands and joints. It does away with pain to give you comfort and much strength A gentle, synchronized massage of up and down is carried out on all parts of the body other than the head with medicated oils. It is administered in seven standard positions, so that no area of the body is left uncovered. Cloth dipped in lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed over the patient’s body uniformly and then the oil rubbed smoothly over the body. This treatments can last for 7-21 days depending upon the severity of the arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
These are the few ways in which Ayurveda can help Arthritis patients live a more normal life with minimal pain.