Doctors in Gateway Clinics
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Submit a review for Gateway ClinicsYour feedback matters!
Hi I am frequently suffering Acidity & Burn When I take Anti Acid it will relief me TIL 15 Days but after that same situation start. My sugar level normally 106 after food.
Did you know that liver stands second among the most transplanted organs in the human body? Liver diseases are becoming more prevalent today. A liver transplant becomes necessary when a person’s liver is diseased or injured. Through surgical procedures, a part or the complete healthy liver is transplanted from the donor.
Here are some of the typical reasons for a liver transplant:
- Autoimmune Hepatitis: In this kind of hepatitis, the body's immune system is not able to recognize its own liver tissue. It thus begins to injure the liver cells and that finally leads to scarring, liver cirrhosis, and end-stage liver disease. Unlike chronic viral hepatitis, this disease is not caused by a virus.
- Chronic viral hepatitis B, C, D: Hepatitis is caused by the viral infection which results in swelling, inflammation, and cell damage. All these lead to liver destruction or scarring. The different types of hepatitis are A, B, C, D and E. Hepatitis B is the leading indicator of liver cancer worldwide.
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease: Fat accumulation in the liver cells causes this disease. It is said that excessive alcohol is the leading cause of a fatty liver. But this condition is also seen in patients with diabetes and obesity. This condition can cause liver cirrhosis.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: In this disease, the bile duct becomes progressively damaged by inflammation. This results in scarring that narrows the bile duct and causes obstruction to the flow of bile.
- Biliary cirrhosis: Sometimes there is a blockage in the bile duct. The liver creates bile which passes from the bile duct to the gallbladder. From here it is slowly released into the small intestine and helps in digesting fats. When the bile duct is blocked, all the bile that is produced accumulates in the liver and causes swelling and eventually loss of liver function.
- Active liver failure or toxic exposures: People suffering from acute liver failure caused by other reasons such as viral infection, fatty liver, etc. can undergo liver transplant surgery. Exposure to certain pesticides, herbicides, lead, asbestos and other hazardous pollutants can be the cause of a potentially life-threatening liver disease.
- Caroli's disease and choledochal cyst: The bile ducts become dilated and result in the formation of cysts or sacks. This causes infection and obstruction of the bile ducts. Choledochal Cyst, On the other hand, is a congenital disorder. A choledochal cyst is formed due to a structurally flawed bile duct. In both these scenarios getting a transplant is mandatory.
- Hepatic tumors: Tumors that spread either from other parts of the body or those that develop in the liver itself can cause severe damage to this organ.
It is best to consult an expert to know if a liver transplant is necessary for you. Hence, when you have problems related to liver seek medical advice without delay.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
1. Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey
Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
2. Cumin seeds
You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
3. Mulethi (liquorice) and honey
You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
4. White pumpkin juice
Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
Asthma is a chronic respiratory disorder. In asthma, the airways of the lungs get inflamed. Due to this inflammation, there is swelling inside the airways. This also causes excess production of mucous. The combined effect of swelling and mucus production is that the passage of air gets obstructed. This makes breathing difficult. A whistling sound or wheezing is often heard in such patients. Often the patient gets cough due to this obstruction of the airways. This cough is a reflex of the body to get rid of the excess mucous in the airways. A sense of tightness or heaviness is felt in the chest. One cannot expand the chest fully while inhaling. This is a medical condition characterised by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea.
When it comes to the treatment of Asthma, Homeopathy is much better at treating asthma. It is in stark contrast to allopathy, where inhalers and steroids are used to suppress inflammation. Homeopathic medicines do not aim at just reducing inflammation. They also intend to cure the basic cause of the recurrent inflammation. This way, not only the symptoms of asthma are treated but the incidence of asthmatic attacks is completely eliminated. With a couple of months of Homeopathic treatment, you will be able to live a disease-free and medicine-free life. It is worthwhile to mention here that all Homeopathic remedies are natural and do not contain any chemicals. That is why these purely natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines for asthma, along with the symptoms when they are used-
Ipecac: Ipecac is used in treating asthma, where the patient experiences symptoms like heaviness and tension around the chest area. Sudden wheezing, suffocation is experienced followed by other symptoms like motions, vomiting and gagging. A cough remains constant, and the chest gets filled up with phlegm. Cold and perspiration are also likely to be experienced. A patient may feel as if a lump is present in the chest. Increased salivation is also indicated.
Arsenicum: Arsenicum is an efficient homeopathic medicine, which treats asthma attacks, which take place after midnight. The patient is anxious, restless, and cannot sleep because of the fear of being suffocated. In such cases, the patient dozes off a bit and wakes up with great burning sensation and sore feeling in the chest. Arsenicum is prescribed during chronic stages of asthma, usually in elderly people.
Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used when asthma attacks occur due to gastric disorders and during simple spasmodic asthmas. People who consume an excess of caffeine or alcohol are more likely to experience such attacks. A constricting feeling in the lower chest region may be experienced. These attacks commonly occur during the morning.
Kali Bichromicum: This homeopathic medicine is used is asthmatic patients where the asthma attacks occur because of potashes. The attacks generally occur between three to four a.m. in the morning. The patient gets compelled to rise from sleep and sit up in order to breathe. A stringy yellow mucus may be produced, and the patient feels a lack of air in his chest.
Natrum Sulphuricum: This is another effective medicine for treating asthma. The symptoms of asthma treated with this medicine get worse in damp weather. Most asthma attacks occur with a rattling sensation being felt in the chest. Bowel movement may become loose after this type of asthma attack. Alcohol and aerated drinks make the symptoms even worse. Such attacks are common in the morning with the production of green mucus.
Homeopathy has no side effects and treats the underlying cause of asthma. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting homeopathic treatment for asthma.