Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Radhakrishnan.Your feedback matters!
My Wife Aged 58 Years. Complaining Body pains Diabetic: Metformin Hcl 50 mg. 1 Tab. Daily. thyroid TSH 4.5 Medicine Thyronorm 50 Mcg /Daily. Pl. Suggest something.
I am 26 year female and a widow who just lost her husband in an accident this year march 7th. I am trying hard to overcome my distress some how but its getting difficult each passing day. My married life was just for 3 months. Suggest what to do.
Sometimes I tried to remember but I can't remember properly while I am putting concentrate on subject it just wipe away soon.
Now a days due to my studies I am very depressed and not able to concentrate on my studies so please help me how can I release my depression stress.
I am aged 69 years smoking since last 45 years could not stop smoking now i want quiting smoking am worried of my bad habit even ready to be arrested in jail so as to stop smoking kindly guide me to overcome my this bad habit additionally i am a deaf dumb guvt retired person will be grateful if of any help from your team
Getting Hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again heightened mal-perception causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am 27 years old. I could not remember name, dates and numbers. Is it a symptom of memory loss. It is very difficult for me to concentrate. I also fell some tension. please suggest me how I can solve these problems and suggest me diet what should I take.
He is severely depended on alcohol. No common thinking. Abnormal in behaviour. He will drinking even after telling thousand times. During normal condition he has tremors. Thinking abnormal totally. Forgot morals, relations during drunken. How to become a normal person and know his responsibilities. Live in society with dignity. Plssss tell me the solution?
Tomorrow some boy is coming to see me, I'm not ready for this marriage things just graduated not completed my internship, was thinking to appear for pg entrance was thinking of coaching but see wads happening. Difficult to even breathe at home, had a relationship since college n he made distance last 2 years n proving he loves in some between days, and now he says he can't talk to my dad for us, he says his family is not ready to accept me I'm from different caste n he had depression issues and his family doesn't want him to be with me. Initially he was the best person I've known it's vice versa now .What should I do I can't convince my parents to listen a no from his side. Help me find a way. Thank you.
Common cold as well as flu can give rise to various symptoms like body ache as well as a runny or stuffy nose. These symptoms may also arise as a part of other ailments like allergic cold or hay fever. Mild to moderate fever may be experienced in such conditions. One should be able to treat these symptoms at home so as to be more comfortable until the flu or cold abates. Here are a few ways in which you can treat a runny nose and body ache.
- Rest: One of the first and most important thing that you need to do in such a situation is to take ample rest so that your body gets to rejuvenate rather than getting overworked even in these trying conditions. With the help of sleep and rest, you will be able to feel fresh and the body ache will be reduced as well.
- Diet: To begin with, one will need to drink plenty of fluids in order to remain hydrated. This is one of the most important ways of treating cold and flu as the body can get severely dehydrated due to the ailments. Replenishing the body fluids can ensure that the immunity does not suffer. Also, you should have plenty of soup and vegetables so that your immunity gets a boost even as the digestive system is not overworked with overly heavy food which it may have trouble in processing due to the general weakness of the body. But you must remember to eat well and frequently as the body will not go away unless you put sufficient fuel in your system.
- Steaming: Taking hot water steam with a towel draped over your head can help in treating the runny nose. Ensure that you are sitting down at a sturdy table with the steaming kettle or pan in front of you, so that there are no upsets which can lead to burns and accidents.
- Medication: Along with these measures, you must see a doctor so that the condition may be diagnosed properly. The doctor will also check your symptoms and carry out lab tests in order to ensure that there is no infection at play. Also, the doctor can prescribe medicines accordingly with anti-allergy medication like antihistamines to treat rhinitis and peramivir, zanamivir, or other such drugs to treat the flu. These medicines can also make you drowsy and induce sleep which will help your body in getting adequate rest.
- Emergency cases: If the body ache and runny nose come with other symptoms that persistently grow, you must call the doctor immediately. These include constant painful coughing, tightness in the chest, severe sore throat, vomiting, and persistent high fever.