Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Radhakrishnan.Your feedback matters!
Series Of Depressing Incidents, Break ups Of relationships, Trust Issues, Insomnia, Failures. What To Do?
I'm a 58 years old male Prof. I'm suffering from depression for the past many Yrs. Fluoxetine has not made much difference. My self-image and confidence is at the lowest. I need counselling and sessions of hypnotherapy.
I am having constant recurring of negative thoughts it had ruptured my daily life I can't do stuff! Is it related to some sort of psychological illness.
I m 28 year woman. My husband is not interested in sex. So many times talk about this topic. Whenever I say to him why you do not want to do it he always anger. Even he dnt like this topic what should I do? 30, 40 days gap is normal. I m really frustrated what should I do?
What is Depression?
Depression can strike a child at any age. A mood disorder, depression is characterized by a persistent sad or empty feeling, irritability, and a loss of interest in everyday activities. Unlike normal sadness or grieving, most bouts of depression last for weeks, months, or even years. A smaller number of children and adolescent suffer from biploar disorder-bouts of depression interspersed with periods of elevated (manic) mood (bipolar disorder).
Although depression is usually not considered life-threatening, it can lead to thoughts of and attempts at suicide.
Persistent feelings of sadness, apathy, or hopelessness lasting more than two weeks.
Diminished interest in most daily activities, particularly pleasurable ones.
Decreased appetite and subsequent weight loss; increased appetite and weight gain.
Lack of sleep (insomnia), frequent awakening throughout the night, or conversely, an increased need for sleep.
Anxiety; diminished ability to think or concentrate.
Because there are no reliable laboratory tests to diagnose depression, physical examination and psychological evaluation are essential.
Expression of either of the first two symptoms of depression (see Symptoms box), in conjunction with other symptoms, for a period of two or more consecutive weeks.
A positive family history of depression or a prior depressive episode helps establish the diagnosis.
Psychotherapy is as effective as drug treatment in mild cases. Psychotherapy may also be used in conjunction with drug therapy.
Antidepressant medications, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), are mainstays of treatment.
Exposure to bright light, known as light therapy, may be effective, particularly when depression is related to seasonal changes (seasonal affective disorder).
In secondary depression, the underlying cause is addressed, although antidepressant therapy may also be prescribed.
I feel very bad becoz of stress. -collage -job -classes I can not manage time & also effect on health.
I am 27 year male having a g.f and want to make a relationship with her. But when I talking something personal related to sex then my penis leaking something and when I going to make sex then I just fall in 30 seconds. please help me what to do. I feel embarrassed in front of her.
I am 29 year old male. I feel some type ghabraht when I goes for my demo classes n during interview. And forget all the matter. What I shld do?
After getting break up. I am always being upset. Always remembering her all the time. This let me in deep depression. Means seriously I need a psychologist.
I think I got addiction of using Internet now a days .hw can I get rid of it. As in free tym I think of doing noting except it.
Hi, Drinking milk with full cream is better for health or not. Currently I am boiling milk for 2 times , take out cream and after that I drink. So Does taking out cream leads to less benefits ?
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.