Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Coimbatore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Radhakrishnan.
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. Radhakrishnan.Your feedback matters!
I am very emotional when my wife or my children get away from me l depressed so much I can't take food and drinks without them and want to take wine and drugs in there absence.
Sir/madam I have some problems. Some times am confused with my feelings some times I lose my hope for everything some times I confident as I do everything in earth. Am always show anger with my family but not in front of my frnds and relatives. Am not understand how could I explain such things which are irritates me. Even I spend 15 mins to write this small thing. Pls help me. It creates lots of problems.
Hi sir, I am feeling some stress (depression), but can't share details Can you suggest any medicines which can control this and with no side effects.
These symptoms made her incapable of carrying out her household duties as efficiently as she used to earlier.
Concerned with her pain & apparent symptoms severity, her husband took her to a general physician who prescribed a battery of tests including MRI Brain only to find no abnormality.
Attending Physician prescribed some multivitamin syrups & pain killer medicines & also tried to assure the family that NOTHING was wrong with Shruti.
However, she continued to complain of body aches and headaches, with resultant chaos on home management front compelling her husband to hire a maid to look after all the work including health of Shruti.
Shruti started feeling guilty about this & she started remaining aloof and also had trouble sleeping at night.
Frustrated with the added financial pressure and Shruti's ever increasing health complains, her husband accused her of faking it in order to avoid doing work.
Her in-laws added fuel to the fire citing it was all a drama. This further added to Shruti's sense of guilt and her appetite significantly reduced. 4 months after onset of these symtoms, Shruti lost 10kg weight.
She started remaining on the bed for hours and hardly interacted with anyone. She also started voicing ideas of ending her life in order to relieve everyone off her responsibility & enabling them to lead a happy life!
Now concerned, her parents took the matter in their hands & took her to a psychiatrist.
At the psychiatrist’s clinic, after detailed evaluation , Shruti was diagnosed to be suffering from depression (severe without psychotic symptoms) and the psychiatrist pointed out that the headaches & unexplained body aches were a the starting points of depression itself. She was started on medications and counselling therapy and within 2 months time she recovered completely & once again happily assumed her normal HOME MINISTERS ROLE!
Depression is one of the most common mental disorder and seen in every 4 out of 100 persons as per World health organization (WHO) data
When one thinks of depression; a sad, tearful face comes to mind. But depression is more than just that. unexplained headaches, body pains, sleeping difficulties are often the presenting complaints of depression. Other presentations of depression are chronic tiredness, joint pain,back pain, gastrointestinal problems including frequent acidity, indigestion, appetite changes etc. without any probable detectable physical cause
Depression contributes greatly to the disability caused by headache and backaches. More than 50% of patients with depression who visit general practitioners complain only of physical symptoms and in most cases, these symptoms include pain. If physicians test all pain patients for depression, they might discover 60% of currently undetected depression in their OPD.
Complete Recovery from an episode of depression is possible & achievable to everyone after proper treatment with medicines, counselling sessions & lifestyle modifications!
Next time while visiting your general Physician for any of aforementioned pain symptoms, do ask.....''AM I SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION? DO I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST? AM I RECEIVING ANY MEDICINE WHICH SHOULD BE TAKEN ONLY UNDER SUPERVISION OF A PSYCHIATRIST??''
Remember, Mental Illnesses are TREATABLE!!
I am a regular smoker, and I am having an urge to quit smoking, and it is getting difficult day by day to end it, I have heard about vaporizers which help quit smoking, what would you advise to go for it or not? And which one?
I had smoked marijuana and was diagnosed by anxiety disorder. But it has been 3 years and yet i am unable to travel alone or do rigorous exercises.
Having pain all over my body . Currently having pain in my legs from knee to feet. Ankles hurt a lot while walking.
I am 35 years old man. I am suffering from bipolar psychiatric problem. How should I get rid of this?
I am 26 years old. I dont know why I cannot adjust properly at some places. Many times it has happened that people say that I need to consult a psychiatrist. They say that I am disturbed. But there are many who have never told me these things. Consulting a psychologist costs much and I don't want to take unnecessary medicines.
Due to stress & depression I can't lead my life in positive way. Give me counselling & guidance to come out of it.
I have been diagnosed as BIPOLAR II. I have read that BIPOLAR II is not a real disorder and is made to be a disorder in order for the pharma companies to make profit. Is it true? If I do have BIPOLAR II I have heard there is no cure for it and it is only treatable. Does that mean that lifelong I have to live with this disorder?
Hello Dr. I need to ask you that how to get rid of stress. As I take lot of stress. How do I tackle it.
My name is Javed Haider 23 from Kalyani West Bengal. I am unmarried and a chain smoker. A month ago my weight was 65 and now I am 55. It affects me very badly, feeling sick and losing weights in regular intervals.
Is it possible to OD on morphine tablets? Like take, about 30-40 tablets, crush them, and drink it up with a juice or something? Will it kill me? If not instantly, but given a few hours? My sister keeps talking about it and says it's almost painless. We're getting her help, for all it matters but I want to know if this is even reasonable. She's staying alone in another country for now, thankfully doesn't have access to any opiates. But I just want to know for my sanity, what can possibly be expected if such course of action is taken? I know by the outlook it seems suicidal, but is it? The last time she OD'd on her anti depressants, someone rushed her to the hospital, they put liquid charcoal through her nose and after a few days, she was back on her feet. I don't know much about opiates, let alone morphine. Depression kinda runs in the family so it's natural for her to sometimes slump into such a phase. I want you to be as objective and factual as possible. I have tried asking doctors and friends around me but they look at me suspiciously and do not give any information. There's only so much available on the internet. So yeah. I'm relying on you Not ER or SR. So I'm guessing pretty normal. Take into account she is opiate naive. So the OD is not like the ones that happen with sleeping pills and anti depressants where you vomit your guts out? I read a guy say you can choke on your own vomit. Asphyxia is the prime reason you slip. Some said it's very peaceful and you quietly die in your sleep.
I have cold body or mild chill and bodyache (especially on my back and legs) but without fever since 3 days back. My urine is also sometimes yellowish in colour. Is it a sign of UTI or what? what medicine should I take? thanks.
Mental health crisis and substance abuse - ways to improve productivity
Behavioral illness—depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and other issues—is a dark place. Many—perhaps even most—of your friends and family members will not understand what you are going through. You must reach out anyway. Identify and rely on those within your immediate support network who do understand, who are committed to helping you through a long-term plan for coping and recovery.
1. Decide to do absolutely everything in your power to to improve your behavioral health. Commit to change what you can and work around what you can’t. Flatly refuse to let this challenge define you—either as a passive victim, or worse, by taking pride and entitlement in it—and you will find open doors to vast improvements in your quality of life, even if you are never fully ‘cured.’
2. Be willing to recognize and acknowledge what is going on. Monitor yourself. Know the warning signs or triggers for your condition, and get help early when you recognize them rather than ignoring them or trying to manage them yourself.
3. Get professional help. Find a credible, credentialed professional trained in psychiatric methods.
4. Never stop contributing to the world. If you are wrestling with mental health or substance abuse issues, your employment prospects may seem bleak. If your circumstances force you out of your chosen career path, resist the temptation to give up. If you are able, find a career pivot that will allow you to work around your challenges. Even if you are unable to ‘work,’ find ways to contribute meaningfully, even if they feel small at the moment. With every diligent act of productivity, you exercise control over your life and claim our common birthright of human dignity.
5. Let your story be heard. We exist in a culture that largely disavows mental illness. By appropriately sharing your story in positive, proactive ways, you not only take a crucial step toward management or recovery—you provide an essential ingredient in rewriting our cultural narrative of these issues—from the inside.
6. Educate yourself. Invest some time into reading up on mental illness.
7. To the degree possible, make an effort to empathize.
Strive to truly understand the experience of those who must confront the reality of mental illness on a daily basis. Tactfully reach out to affected friends and family for first-hand accounts to deepen your understanding of ‘a day in the life.’
8. Commit to being non-judgmental.
Decide that you will let the facts and personal stories about mental illness come together for you, and that you will work to form an accurate and compassionate view of how they work—and what it really takes for a person to take back their mental health.
9. Reach outside of yourself with a willingness to help.
Find at least one way to meaningfully help someone suffering from depression, anxiety, or other issues along their path toward coping with or recovering. Tactfully reach out to friends or family who experience mental disorder and listen to their stories. Find ways, big or small, to lend a hand, brighten their day, and lighten the load they carry. Show them you see them.
10. We must work to change public perception of mental health and mental health issues.
In addition to the proper self-care and empathy I suggest above, each of us can be an agent for change, simply by breaking our own link in the vicious cycle.
I put things somewhere and forget where I put that things n starts finding them. If someone said something to me I don't remember after a minute what that person told me. Just like this I do study hard but when it's time to revise those things I can't revise I need to relearn each n every word. And after relearning those things I still cannot write anything in exams and it results into failure. Now I feel scared to go to the exams. Please tell me what should I do. I want to come out of these things. Please help me to overcome my problem.
Figuring out how to revamp and keep up your self-esteem is very important in order to have a satisfied life. There will dependably be things that tag along and make you doubt it in case that you are all right. However, at times like those, here are some of the ways to increase your self-esteem.
- Strength: The power inside is the thing that you can depend upon when the chips are down and you are thinking about trading in for valuable things. Using your internal strengths to pick yourself up by your shoes will give you the feeling that you can manage anything life tosses at you.
- Enlightenment: The ability to realise and consider what you know keeps you strong in your decisions and choices. Your considerations can change with time, yet your internal lessons are steady.
- Love of self: It might be a standout amongst the most underutilised solution of boosting your self-esteem. We can be harder on ourselves than on some other individual. Deliberately offering yourself a solution and not falling into the trap of self-denigration will allow you to spare your energy for the relatively important parts of life.
- Fulfillment: It is a misjudged quality. It is not about not having any more space for extra feelings, yet it is rather about being open and searching for a feeling that will add to our prosperity.
- Energy: Positive emotions nourish our psyches and hearts. When you do not have any energy, you cannot like yourself or anything else. At that point, an ideal approach to get your energy back is to practice something physical like work out.
- Selflessness: The nature of putting others before yourself is a great approach to assembling your self-esteem and to add to the people who do need you, in the meantime. In case that you do not do anything else today, help somebody who needs it and afterwards perceive how you feel.
- Trust: It should first be given to yourself. Your self-question works directly against your self-esteem. Trust that you are here for the correct reasons and that your investment in life is important to people around you.
- Emotions: Emotions being in contact with your sentiments will improve you as a person, and in addition, make you a superior parent or a friend. Being consistent with your feelings cannot resist the urge to improve how you feel about yourself.
- Effectiveness: It is the capacity to impact the world decidedly. It can be strangely empowering.
- Motivation: It is that internal team promoter that takes you to great levels in your life. Needing to positively affect everyone around you is a great approach to motivate yourself. It is likewise extremely life changing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.