Doctors in Apollo First Med Hospitals
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Apollo First Med HospitalsYour feedback matters!
An inguinal hernia occurs when tissue, such as part of the intestine, protrudes through a weak spot in the abdominal muscles. The resulting bulge can be painful, especially when you cough, bend over or lift a heavy object. An inguinal hernia isn’t necessarily dangerous. It doesn’t improve on its own, however, and can lead to life-threatening complications. Your doctor is likely to recommend surgery to fix an inguinal hernia that’s painful or enlarging. Inguinal hernia repair is a common surgical procedure.
Inguinal hernia signs and symptoms include:
- A bulge in the area on either side of your pubic bone, which becomes more obvious when you’re upright, especially if you cough or strain
- A burning or aching sensation at the bulge
- Pain or discomfort in your groin, especially when bending over, coughing or lifting
- A heavy or dragging sensation in your groin
- Weakness or pressure in your groin
- Occasionally, pain and swelling around the testicles when the protruding intestine descends into the scrotum
If you aren’t able to push a hernia in, the contents of a hernia can be trapped (incarcerated) in the abdominal wall. An incarcerated hernia can become strangulated, which cuts off the blood flow to the tissue that’s trapped. A strangulated hernia can be life-threatening if it isn’t treated.
Signs and symptoms of a strangulated hernia include:
- Nausea, vomiting or both
- Sudden pain that quickly intensifies
- A hernia bulge that turns red, purple or dark
- Inability to move your bowels or pass gas
Signs and symptoms in children-
Inguinal hernias in newborns and children result from a weakness in the abdominal wall that’s present at birth. Sometimes the hernia will be visible only when an infant is crying, coughing or straining during a bowel movement. He or she might be irritable and have less appetite than usual.
In an older child, a hernia is likely to be more apparent when the child coughs, strains during a bowel movement or stands for a long period.
Some inguinal hernias have no apparent cause. Others might occur as a result of:
- Increased pressure within the abdomen
- A pre-existing weak spot in the abdominal wall
- A combination of increased pressure within the abdomen and a pre-existing weak spot in the abdominal wall
- Straining during bowel movements or urination
- Strenuous activity
- Chronic coughing or sneezing
Factors that contribute to developing an inguinal hernia include:
- Being male. Men are eight times more likely to develop an inguinal hernia than are women.
- Being older. Muscles weaken as you age.
- Being white.
- Family history. You have a close relative, such as a parent or sibling, who has the condition.
- A chronic cough, such as smoking.
- Chronic constipation. Constipation causes straining during bowel movements.
- Pregnancy. Being pregnant can weaken the abdominal muscles and cause increased pressure inside your abdomen.
- Premature birth and low birth weight.
- Previous inguinal hernia or hernia repair. Even if your previous hernia occurred in childhood, you’re at higher risk of developing another inguinal hernia.
Complications of an inguinal hernia include:
- Pressure on surrounding tissues- Most inguinal hernias enlarges over time if not repaired surgically. In men, large hernias can extend into the scrotum, causing pain and swelling.
- Incarcerated hernia- If the contents of a hernia become trapped in the weak point in the abdominal wall, it can obstruct the bowel, leading to severe pain, nausea, vomiting, and the inability to have a bowel movement or pass gas.
- Strangulation- An incarcerated hernia can cut off blood flow to part of your intestine. Strangulation can lead to the death of the affected bowel tissue. A strangulated hernia is life-threatening and requires immediate surgery.
- Open hernia repair- In this procedure, which might be done with local anesthesia and sedation or general anesthesia, the surgeon makes an incision in your groin and pushes the protruding tissue back into your abdomen. The surgeon then sews the weakened area, often reinforcing it with a synthetic mesh (hernioplasty). The opening is then closed with stitches, staples or surgical glue. After the surgery, you’ll be encouraged to move about as soon as possible, but it might be several weeks before you’re able to resume normal activities.
- Laparoscopy- In this minimally invasive procedure, which requires general anesthesia, the surgeon operates through several small incisions in your abdomen. Gas is used to inflate your abdomen to make the internal organs easier to see. A small tube equipped with a tiny camera (laparoscope) is inserted into one incision. Guided by the camera, the surgeon inserts tiny instruments through other incisions to repair a hernia using synthetic mesh. People who have laparoscopic repair might have less discomfort and scarring after surgery and a quicker return to normal activities. However, some studies indicate that hernia recurrence is more likely with laparoscopic repair than with open surgery.
Tips to Prevent the Spread of HIV-
- Sex with protection (condom)
- No multiple partners (sex partners)
- Avoid intercourse with sex workers especially unprotected.
- Avoid unprotected sexual intercourse at massage parlors.
- Avoid intercourse with anonymous that too without protection.
- Avoid bisexual activities.
Stay in a healthy and faithful relationship with your partner.
Diagnosis of depression starts with a consultation with a doctor or mental health specialist. It is important to seek the help of a health professional to rule out different causes of depression, ensure an accurate differential diagnosis, and secure safe and effective treatment.
Many infections can be caused due to high-risk sexual behavior. These are known as'sexually transmitted infection (STI). These can be bacterial viral parasitic commonly.
Among many infections, only two are preventable by use of vaccines, HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) and Hepatitis B Virus. It is best to take them before the onset of sexual activity. However, something is better than nothing. So even after the start of sexual life, one can get these. Both vaccines have three injections in the first 6 months.
Piles, Pilonidal sinus and fissures are all ano-rectal diseases which cause tremendous pain and discomfort. Anal fissure or anal fistula is also popularly called fissure-in-ano. It is a disorder in which a tear develops in the skin which lines the anal opening.
Causes of anal fistula-
- Hard, dry movement of the bowels
- Severe constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea which causes excessive friction in the anal area
Symptoms of anal fistula-
- Pain during passage of stool
- Bleeding during bowel movement
- Discomfort during passage of stool including cramps
- Issues while passing urine
- Itchiness in the anal area
Kshar Sutra Treatment for Anal Fissures:
Anal fistula is quite painful and is often wrongly diagnosed as piles. This makes the treatment even more time consuming and less effective. Allopathic treatment involves surgery and drying of the wound. The chances of re-appearance of fissures are high in case of surgery. Ayurveda provides a less painful and more effective cure for fistula. Ayurveda has prescribed kshar sutra treatment for different ano-rectal disorders including anal fissures.
How does kshar sutra treatment work?
Kshar sutra is a para-surgical treatment in which a medicinal thread is used to not only remove the infection but also to heal the wound by promoting growth of healthy tissues. Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment for fistula includes the following steps-
- Preparation of the Kshar sutra or the medicinal thread by coating it with medicinal herbs.
- Physical examination of the fistula to identify its location and extent.
- A small cut or incision is made through which the medical thread is introduced into the problem area.
- The medicine on the thread heals the infection and promotes growth of healthy cells.
Ayurveda promotes an all round treatment of the disorder to prevent its reoccurrence. Fissures can be easily cured using kshar sutra. But, along with it, Ayurveda also suggests a healthy, wholesome diet to make the passage of stool easier and pain free.
Infertility refers to being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant are also termed as infertile. Ovulatory disorders are one of the most common reasons why women are unable to conceive and is presen in 30% of women suffering from infertility.
- Hormonal problems: Ovulation is linked with a complex balance of hormones and any disruption in the process can hinder ovulation. The disruption includes the fact that the ovaries are not producing normal follicles in which the eggs can mature. Ovulation is rare if the eggs are immature and there are no chances of fertilization. Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common disorder responsible for infertility. Malfunction of the hypothalamus leading to failure in triggering hormonal stimulus to ovaries for egg maturation leading to immature eggs and ovarian failure. Malfunction of the pituitary gland leading to imbalance in hormonal secretion thus causing disturbance in ovulation. This can occur due to physical injury, a tumour or a chemical imbalance in the pituitary.
- Scarred ovaries: Ovulation failure can also be due to a physical damage to the ovaries. Invasive surgeries involving ovarian cysts leads to damaging or scarring of capsule of the ovary to become due to which follicles cannot mature leading to disruption of ovulation.
- Premature menopause: Early menopause or premature menopause before the normal age means that the natural supply of eggs has been depleted. This is most common in extremely athletic women with a history of low body weight and extensive exercise.
- Follicle problems: Infertility is also caused due to non-ruptured follicle syndrome in which women who produce a normal follicle, with an egg inside of it, every month but the follicle fails to rupture. This leads to disruption of ovulation as the egg remains inside the ovary.
- Others: Treating female infertility by chemotherapy is next to premature ovarian failure by loss of primordial follicles. Sexually transmitted infections are a leading cause of infertility. Tobacco smoking is detrimental to the ovaries and the amount of damage is dependent upon the amount and length of time of exposure of smoke in the environment. Nicotine in cigarettes interfere with the body’s ability to create oestrogen, a hormone that regulates ovulation. In addition, blocked fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory disease or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy also causes infertility. Infertility can also be due to physical problems with the uterus or fibroids of uterus where non-cancerous clumps of tissue and muscle on the walls of the uterus.
Stones in the urinary system are referred as 'Renal Calculi'. These kidney stones are not exactly stones, but are actually hard deposits of minerals that can form anywhere within the urinary tract - kidney or the bladder. There are many conventional forms of treatment available to eradicate a stone, but Homeopathy medicines offer a much more simpler and efficient way in taking care of the kidney stones. Let us have a look at how effective these are.
Kidney stones are known to form when the urine becomes too concentrated. The primary reason for such condition could be dehydration. Kidney stones are extremely painful. Pain can be felt in the lower back or, the lower abdomen. There can be a heaviness in the urinary tract often followed by bleeding. It also changes the color of the urine to a pinkish brown. The patient may also experience nausea and vomiting.?
What causes kidney stones?
As stated earlier, lack of water can be a major reason for the formation of stones. The chances of kidney stone reoccurring in a person multiplies several times if a person is not in the habit of drinking water. There are also a few food products that are high in salt that may help in the formation of stones. In conventional medications, there is no foolproof method to dissolve the stone and it often involves surgery. The operation has to be followed by months of post-operative recuperation that can be physically daunting for the patient. Also, there are chances that the stones can reoccur at any point in time. This is where homeopathy differs drastically from the conventional methods.
How does homeopathy help in renal calculi?
The biggest advantage of using homeopathy is that it treats the body as the whole. The physician would understand the patient first before imparting the treatment. The latter’s lifestyle, his food habits and his stress factors are discussed in detail to get the complete picture of the type of medications to give. The other biggest advantage of using homeopathy is that there is no surgery involved. They treat the symptoms by naturally dissolving the stones, and the chances of reoccurrence are next to nil. There are several homeopathic medicines for different types of stones. There are even differing types of medicinal products for left side kidney stone, and right side one. A type of medicine - Canthari, is widely used for treating kidney stones with a burning sensation. The homeopathy physician would be in a better position to diagnose once the causes are identified. However, care should be taken that the medicines should be taken only in the prescribed format and as per the guidance of the physician.
Homeopathy is safe
Of all the important functionalities of homeopathy, the biggest is undoubtedly that it does not cause any side effects and are very effective. Since it treats the condition and symptoms from within, the chances of getting a stone in the urinary tracts are minuscule when using homeopathy medicine.
Dry skin is a condition caused by the lack of moisture in skin. Fine lines and wrinkles are just some of the conditions which may be caused due to dry skin. Dry skin can also be very uncomfortable. The condition is mostly caused by environmental factors such as exposure to harsh weather conditions or getting soaked in hot water.
People at risk
People who are older than 40 years tend to be more at risk of dry skin than people who are younger than 40.
As mentioned earlier, weather conditions play a pivotal role in causing dry skin. Therefore, people who live in areas where the climate is either very hot or very cold tend to get dry skin more often than people who live in temperate climates. Low humidity is another factor which causes dry skin.
Some professions, such as nursing or hairstyling requires frequent usage of hot water all through the day.
Swimming is one of the major causes of dry skin. This is especially true in pools which have chlorine. This is because chlorine increases the itchiness of your skin.
1. Lifestyle changes
Usually, lifestyle changes such as avoiding long, hot showers and putting moisturizers are good enough to make sure that dry skin goes away.
2. Lactic acid
Creams with lactic acid and urea can be prescribed by your doctor if the dryness of your skin does not go away with just moisturizers. These creams usually tend to be over-the-counter medications.
3. Prescription creams
Prescription creams are only given when dermatitis, psoriasis or ichthyosis have set in.
4. Wet dressing
Wet dressings are given only when dermatitis has set in. These are mostly to help prevent infection.
Oiling your body, especially with fish or flaxseed oil is especially crucial in making sure that your body does not succumb to dry skin.
6. Hand sanitizer
Normal hand sanitizers create a drying feeling on your hand. However, dermatologist-recommended hydrating hand sanitizers allow your hands to keep their moisture. Therefore, when you are using hand sanitizers, it is advisable to try to use hydrating ones.