Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Divyaprabha SYour feedback matters!
How to come out of stressed situations like in an exam while answering questions in a stipulated time. I really need the reply.
My age is 23 yrs. Preparing for govt. Exams for last 2 years ,my exams are in next few weeks and this is going to be my last attempt as I already wasted two precious years of my life. Still I don't feel like studying I am tensed and stressed I know if I fail this time also my life is going to be miserable .all people around me of my age group have a job but still I am not working hard to get a job for myself. I think l lost interest in these exams. I am not a hard working person .I don't feel like doing anything just sitting thinking negative ,getting frustrated and stressing unnecessary instead of studying. I think this year also I am not going to be selected. I am getting frustrated as I know I am not working hard so I won't be able to clear this time also. Nobody in my family can understand what I am feeling and going through. I have a lot of personality issues timid ,introvert ,negative thinking ,rigid ,poor communications skills (I cannot even talk to sales or customer care people ,imagine my level )and many more bad qualities. Also have no friends for like so many years .These two years also enhanced my personality problems as I mostly stayed indoors appearance wise also gained a lot of weight. Also when I think of other alternatives (if not selected) I feel I won't be able to sustain as I am low confident and not able to make friends .i hv a negative outlook of life and I feel everything in future is going to be negative. Not moving forward in life no growth just stagnant like a tree all the people / friends I use to know are doing wonderful things in their lives and growing each day and I'm still the same as I used to be. Right now I'm feeling depressed and hopeless. What should I do now?
One of my friend is suffering from depression. He is unable to get over from his ex. He refused to consult with any psychiatrist or counsellor. please help me what can I do for him. M very too worried about him.
With today’s lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid stress. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress, if not dealt correctly can harm a person mentally, emotionally and physically. Stress can also make a person age faster. Hence. it becomes essential to understand how to deal with the wear and tear of stress.
- Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and nicotine: Stress can fasten your heartbeat and lead to anxiousness and depression. Turning to nicotine, alcohol or any form of caffeinated drink may temporarily make you feel better but will worsen the situation in the long run. This is because all three of them are considered stimulants. Instead hydrate your body with plenty of water, fresh fruits juices and herbal teas.
- Exercise: Regular exercise is beneficial for a healthy mind and body. Exercising give you some time to yourself and gives you a break from whatever may be triggering your stress. Stress also causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol. This can make you jumpy and tense. However, by exercising these hormones can be put to use and your body can be brought back to a calmer state.
- Talk to someone: Stress can lead to anxiety and depression. This can make you socially withdrawn and lead to even more stress. Hence, it is essential to find someone who you can open up to and share your thoughts and experience with. This will also help you make better decisions as stress can cloud your judgement.
- Get a good night’s sleep: Stress can affect your sleep cycles and make you either an insomniac or make you sleep excessively. In both cases, you wake up feeling tired and sans any energy to take on the next day. Give yourself a routine of going to bed and waking up at the same time every day to fight these effects of stress and to give your mind time to refresh itself. It will also help to avoid watching television or working on laptops or mobiles for an hour before going to bed.
- Prioritize: Seeing a never ending to-do list is one of the most common stress triggers. In such situations, stress can make you unable to complete your tasks efficiently and you’re left either feeling overworked or with an even longer to-do list for the next day. Hence, it is important to learn to prioritise tasks and get them done one at a time. Also, learn to say ‘NO’ to people when you know you do not have the time to take on additional tasks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.