Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Submit a review for Mr. Ravi SamuelYour feedback matters!
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
I am getting mentally depressed very frequently. What are the reasons for it? Is it is a some kind of phobia?
For allergy. I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself. Please help me.
Sir/Mam My age is 23 year. My problem is that I'm so much addicted of mobile. Due to this addiction, my study and my daily work routine so much affected, now days I'm not concentrating my study. Please help us to avoid mobile addiction and how I manage my study.
I am tired that my wife is continuing argument with me over any matter. She was nothing understand anything. What can I do to make a happy life with her.
How to increase memory power or remember things in less time. Give me some tips to increase concentration.
I ve anxiety problem whenever I think about dis it starts. My heart sinks badly n my BP is also increased. M so much scared .What to do PL help.
Simple ways to deal with stress on your own
I am a social network addict and usually get frustrated with small small things and I don't know how to react at such situations. Because the environment around me gets so negative that I am not able to handle it and gets angry which affects my real life.
I'm normal young boy but I am facing a problem which makes me weak. Something during my coaching classes I want to ask questions n I can't ask. My body vibrates n sweating started. Why this uneven fear is in me. I want to overcome from this fear of asking and approaching.
1. Before marriage his family only told us about diabetes and depression disorder out of which depression disorder has lessened. After marriage and after observing him I asked him why he was taking so many medicines. He says he has high blood pressure, cholesterol , he takes a medicine for blood thining, uric acid and prostrate problem. 2. Upon further observation, I found out that he has anxiety disorder and still has depression disorder, he lacks emotions, feelings, he always things about his satisfaction i.e. in a word self centered, has problem in facing reality, not able to talk to others apart from people he knows. When I asked his parents about all these issues they vehemently opposed the above things and started blaming me. But when they saw things are going out of control and might get worse as I have said all the above things to my parents also, his mother out of fear admitted a bit about anxiety and depression. Though both his mother and father started covering up of his illness and said that his illness are controlled as he is taking medicines and he can lead a normal life and even he told the same thing. 3. Now about finances ? I come from a middle class family and during marriage I (as was working earlier before marriage) and my family both have spend money for the marriage purpose and now after marriage I do not have work as I shifted to a different city. The said things they now it very well but still what I have observed is he too wants that if we go for an outing or so he wants that I spend money on one way and also spend money on my personal expenses. 4. Dependence ? Though he is able to depend on me as I am capable to doing most of the things but on the other hand he is not able to do much because of various difficulties and also things just like his mother and father does everything for him, I being a wife too shall do everything as his parents does for him. His mother too said that they wanted a strong personality wife. Now according to me, every father and mother wants a strong personality wife for their son, but what afterwards I understood upon probing them is as he is weak and not able to handle everything. Now my question is why was all the above things which I found out was not discussed earlier before marriage as they told us about diabetes so after marriage too I did not make any issues about it. His mother says they got less time before marriage to say so but his mother used to write long long emails to me and my family about various issues related before marriage, why she did not write an email and could have told us about the problems her son has. She had time to write long long emails related to marriage but did not had time to explain about her son?s condition.
Doctor I'm 17 year male. I am very much addicted to mobile phone. I'm not able to leave it. Out of 24 hours at most 16 hours I spend in mobile phone. My head also aches as I have migraine but also very much addicted to mobile. My eye also aches but also not able to leave Mobile. My studies also gets hampered but also not able to leave mobile. Till late night I'm addicted to mobile. My parents, my colleague's, my friends or relatives everyone beats me, abuses me, shouts at me but also not effect. Now seriously I am also worried about it. Please please please its my humble request to you please help me. I want a strong solution please.
I am facing memory problems from 3 years. It has been enhancing since then. I'm also having problems when I speak, type. I forget the words which are needed at that time. Now I can't even remember what happened last 3 hours ago. My age is 18 years. Do I have dementia or nutrition problem or what? Which medical test I should prefer to know what's causing these problems.
I am addicted to nap10 tablets and cough syrup. Now how to leave these things please tell me. I am suffering please help me.
Sir some of my nerves of brains are found weak in my MRI report. These nerves continuously creates a disturbance and feels like beating like heart beats. It make me uncomfortable while making concentration in studies and some time I feel everything blank. I want to know the reason behind this problem. Is it stress or depression that I had for a long time or anything else.
Psychological assessment — also known as psychological testing — is done to help a psychologist better understand an individual and provide valuable insights into the individual’s behavior, skills, thoughts and personality. Psychological testing commonly includes intelligence testing, personality testing, and skills testing, among other areas.
Psychological assessment is never focused on a single test score or number. Every person has a range of competencies that can be evaluated through a number of methods. A psychologist is there to evaluate the competencies as well as the limitations of the person, and report on them in an objective but helpful manner. A psychological assessment report will not only note weaknesses found in testing, but also the individual’s strengths.
It has often ben said that 'you are what you think'. It is the human mind which enabled the entire race to dominate over the planet over millions of other species. How can this very complex instrument is so difficult to understand? The human mind is capable of extreme highs and lows in terms of every aspect such as emotions, achievement, empathy anger and so forth. One field of study is Psychology which does help us in its understanding.
What are psychological tests?
Psychological tests are a method to gauge various parameters of an individual’s mind and how it works. There are not one but multiple psychological tests which help with determining various aspects of a person’s mental functioning and capabilities among others. Like medical tests such as X-rays and various types of blood reports help us get a better picture of the condition of your body, similarly, psychological testing helps us a get a better view of a person’s thinking and if at all there are any problems with it. Just a few examples of psychological testing are as follows –
- Aptitude testing in children to check for learning disabilities
- Testing for skills such as dexterity or flexibility, and reaction time to look for brain damage or dementia
- Memory tests to look for psychological disorders as well as dementia
- Testing for anxiety related disorders especially in social conditions, both in children and adults
How are these helpful?
More than pinpointing psychological disorders, these tests are meant to help an individual point out problems and then start on a treatment or therapy to overcome the problems. These tests can help a person in many ways such as –
- Identifying problems early on when they are mild, thus making treatment more effective
- Help them further in studies or their career where certain conditions or problems were becoming an impediment
- Provide methods to tackle a phobia
- Sometimes, psychological testing is very helpful in diagnosing serious mental issues such as depression which may force many to take their own lives; thus preventing it
- Helping to combat physiological problems in cases where no pathological causes are found. In many cases, stress and anxiety lead to other disorders like diabetes, hypertension, gastrointestinal troubles and others. Once the psychological side is treated after correct diagnosis, the physical problems also tend to dissipate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.