Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupuncturists in India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupuncturists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Mr. Naresh Kumar VenkatesanYour feedback matters!
My husband seems to get very thin. I feel he is losing weight for no reason. He is very active doesn't diet or spl food. Everyone says he is getting thiner than the previous time they saw I am very worried please help as to what doctor we should consult or what tests we should take. I don't mind him being thin as long as he is healthy from within. Thanks in advance.
I have body pain problem. And I also have gas problem. What should I do to over come this gas problem?
I am from KashmIr wanna gain weight what are home made solutions for that I take a lot of butter ghee etc but still problem persists I am not able to gain even a milligram of weight suggest some home made solutions.
I am 70 years old and physically quite active, playing Golf regularly. My systolic is usually more than 140 but diastolic remains around 80 inspite of taking BP medicines regularly. My resting pulse rate is always below 60. Recently, I have also been diagnosed with cervical spondylitis. My hb is 12.4. Kindly advise, Thanks.
Am 20 year old boy. I have a issue. I don't have enough wait and muscles I tried hard eating f Good foods. But still I am not getting weight. How can I solve this issue?
Benefits of whey protein
- Maintain a healthy weight: A reduced calorie, higher protein diet including whey protein may improve the quality of weight loss by helping a person lose more fat and/or maintain more lean muscle.
- Curb hunger: Calorie for calorie, whey protein can help people feel fuller longer than carbohydrates or fats.
- Get lean: Consuming whey protein and performing resistance exercise regularly can help build more lean muscle than resistance training alone or resistance training combined with carbohydrate consumption.
- Enhance exercise recovery: Consuming whey protein after exercise helps to build and repair muscle.
- Reduce muscle loss with ageing: Emerging research shows older Americans may be able to slow the age-related decline of muscle mass by engaging in resistance training and consuming higher than the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for protein.
I have diabetes for 3 years. Before that I was suffering from uric acid. My weight is 62 KGS and height is 5' 7" I became thin in this years. I want to gain muscles. Pls suggest me any diet tips or supplements to gain muscles without effecting sugar level or uric acid.
For too long, nuts have been shunned from diets because they contain fat. On the contrary, nuts are actually good for you! Nuts contain many, many nutrients that are required by your body. So before you think skipping out on nuts is okay, read to know more.
Nuts and your health
Nuts contain fibre, protein, copper, magnesium, folic acid, vitamin E and monounsaturated fats. They are also packed with antioxidant phytochemicals. Thus, nuts are a powerhouse of nutrients that can greatly lower the danger of heart diseases. They also have been found to reduce bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels. Also, nuts can prevent your arteries from hardening.
Nuts and your diet
Nuts are filling, nutritious and delicious, which is what every dieter wants in their diet. In fact, if you want to stay loyal to your diet, nuts could prove to be very helpful. The fibre and fat content in nuts is filling, curbing your hunger and making you eat less. Studies have found out, because this quality of nuts, people did lose weight when they incorporated nuts in their diet. It also helped them stick to their diets for a long time.
Nothing is good in excess, and sometimes too much of a good thing can end up harming you. Just because nuts are healthy, it doesn’t mean one should overindulge. Like every food, nuts too contain calories. The math is simple too much nuts equals extra calories. It is always better to control portion. While nuts are rich in dietary fibre and monounsaturated fats, you need to make sure you don’t eat it blindly.
Eating amnesia, where you don’t pay attention to what you’re eating, is common when it comes to nuts. When you eat nuts by a handful, chances are you don’t pay attention as you reach for that third or fourth serving. This adds to your calorie count. The best way to avoid eating amnesia is to control your portion. Pre-portion your nuts in bags, or grab a handful and stow away the rest.
Here are a few tips on how you can include nuts in your diet, and control their portions:
1. Add nuts to your cold or hot cereal for a wholesome breakfast
2. Scatter some almonds over yoghurt for a quick snack
3. Add some peanuts to level up your frozen yoghurt
4. Add nuts to muffins, waffles, pancakes or bread
5. Flavour your steamed vegetables with some nuts