Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Minacshi PettukolaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm a 20 years old girl. Recently I'm suffering from eye lashes falling out. Actually I was taking some medicines like ayurvedic aloevera juice and followed up very strict diet for slimming and then this was happened. Please tell me what to do now?
Follicular study report Uterus. Anteverted normal in size with echotexture no focal lesions Ovaries. Left ovary show simple cyst of 3.0*3.0 CMS 11th day 10*9 mm. 11*11 mm. Lodf Nodf endo 6.5 mm. Freefluid. None 14 day 12*12 mm 13*13 mm. Nodf 8 mm free fluid+ cyst has ruptured.
Dancing is not just a fun stress buster. It is one of the many ways through which you can burn the fat around your sides and the middle. At the same time, it also leads to the slimming of your entire middle section as it works by engaging the upper and lower abs of your body in a dynamic manner. There are various dance styles that you could try out to help you get rid of belly fat and love handles.
- Belly dancing - Belly dancing stands for much more than just twisting and shaking your bottom. It can be very effective at helping you to get rid of your love handles (the excess fat that can be seen around the waistline). Involving the movement of your abdomen and hips, it offers a thorough workout of the abdominal region alongside your obliques (areas below the love handles). It comprises of twisting movements and moves that tone the muscles around your waist while burning away the extra flab. Depending on the intensity at which you do the dance, studies reveal that it can help you burn up to 300 calories per hour.
- Salsa - Doing a round of salsa can also help you to get that slim and trim tummy. It contains hip movements that work on your core while improving posture and stability. For a person weighing about 63 kg, about 405 calories get burned as a result of its fast dance moves.
- Hip hop - This energetic dance form works to tighten your abs through front and sideways movements. According to research conducted by the Harvard Medical School, practising hip hop dance moves can lead to the burning of about 446 calories per hour for a 70 kg person.
- Ballroom dancing - Ballroom dancing sees the different muscle groups of your body being put to work. Since this dance style requires you to move backward for most of the time, the muscles in your back, abdomen and legs get engaged. Certain ballroom dance forms, like the foxtrot or quickstep, increase the burning of fat around your midsection. All in all, if you practice ballroom dance for an hour, you stand to burn about 382 calories. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I haven't been losing weight no matter how little I eat or how much I exercise. How do I lose weight and get fit? I stay in a hostel so I can't have a special meal plan. My height is 5'2" and I weigh about 62kg.
I am a diabetic since last 2 years and dr has prescribed me 1-gluformin xl 500 mg 2-cardace am 5 mg my hba1c was 6. 15 and fasting sugar was 90 p. P was 160. My microalbumin was 9. 26. Mg./dl- creatinine was 69. 9 mg/dl. Acr ratio was also 13. 3 against a limit of <30 mg /g and my doctor told me its ok. Kft-report 1-blood urea 30. 0 mg/ ref range 10-50 mg /dl 2-serum creatinine 1. 15 mg /dl ref range 0. 70 -1. 40 3-serum uric acid- 2. 9. Mg/dl ref -3. 5 - 7. 2 4-sodium -131. 6 mmol/l ref range 135-155 5-potassium-4. 11mmol/l ref -3. 5 - 5. 5 6-chloride-102. 8mmol/l ref -98 - 106. I am also diagnosed with mild prostrate problem. My problem I am suffering from excessive urination during day time from morning 10 am till 8 pm after that its normal during night sometime I go for urination once only that too if I had taken more then 2 glasses of waterbefore going to sleep. Now my question is. Am I suffering from any kind of kidney problem or its because of prostrate problem I have also noticed foam in my urine but not always. Please tell me how to check. Please advice some medicine for controlling my excessive urination which happens after 2 hour. I am also suffering for penis erectile dysfunction. Please help me and advice suitably to over come these problems and also tell me how to check the kidney functions.
I have a desk job and in the last 2yeas , my weight has gone up from 75 kgm to 85 kgm. I want to lode weight. Please help.
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!